Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 'Ultimate Sith Edition' Coming Holiday 2009

That is what they told me over the phone. Even if you used the cellfire coupon for the trade-in the max you would get is $35 which is craziness. I'll double check that amount at my regular store today in about an hour and a half when it opens.

[quote name='lilboo']Yes, this is VERY glitchy. I do like it and it's def not horrible..but I am finding myself more frustrated than enjoying it. I am getting frustrated over things that shouldn't be. If this game was a better smoother, and not so damn clunky..AND THE APPRENTICE WOULD GET UP FASTER AND STOP LAYING ON THE GROUND AS PEOPLE SHOOT HIM...It'd be a little bit more enjoyable.

What is the current trade in @ GS? It's probably $35, right? :whistle2:k
If I can beat it sometime today or tomorrow..maybe I can get it in with the current get $15 deal.[/quote]

I agree about the clunkyness. It would have been better to slow down his jump, its way too fast. The camera is not very good. But most importantly is the combat is not great. Its no God of war. Plus the fact that you have these awesome powers, yet enemies have shields to block them. This game could have been great if the gameplay was spot on, but instead its just good.

Force Unleashed is $30 w/ MVP at GameCrazy..

Anyone having glitches unlocking costumes? I found the Sith Robe in the 2nd level, it looked badass as hell, but after I beat the level, it took it away from me! :bomb:

I got the achievement for beating the game "Light Side" and there is an achievement where i can get for beating it "dark side", however i never noticed at any point in the game where i could make a choice. So how do i beat it with the Dark Side?

PS does entering codes prevent you from getting achievements?

[quote name='The 7th Number']I got the achievement for beating the game "Light Side" and there is an achievement where i can get for beating it "dark side", however i never noticed at any point in the game where i could make a choice. So how do i beat it with the Dark Side?

PS does entering codes prevent you from getting achievements?[/quote]

When you defeat Vader the first time and the cinematic comes up with the Emperor using lightning on Kota you have a choice to jump down off the ledge where you can see Vader lying or continue walking left towards the Emperor to finish the light battle.

And yes, you can't use codes for achievements unless they are costume codes.

Codes usually do prevent you from achievements..so.. I'd wait.. or make a gamertag and try the game on that.

I hate the boss battles because they are ALMOST epic...it's just the controls are so clunky that hitting the button fast and it doesn't respond.. :bomb:

[quote name='Wolve11']
When you defeat Vader the first time and the cinematic comes up with the Emperor using lightning on Kota you have a choice to jump down off the ledge where you can see Vader lying or continue walking left towards the Emperor to finish the light battle.

And yes, you can't use codes for achievements unless they are costume codes.[/quote]

K thanks i didnt notice that. But i remember the camera angle looking odd. I tried to save later levels in their own slots, but the game dont allow that. So no easy "go back to last level and make other choice" for me. :(

Just double confirmed at GameStop, the trade-in is $25. However, since I bought it new, the store manager where I got it is willing to give me my full money back on it. Debating doing it.

It's nice that you have the option to get your money back, cause they'd be raping you with a $25 trade-in value. You could sell it on CAG for $40 shipped no problem.

[quote name='Rodimus']It's nice that you have the option to get your money back, cause they'd be raping you with a $25 trade-in value. You could sell it on CAG for $40 shipped no problem.[/quote]

I don't know why he is offering me that solution, but I'm definitely thinking about it. He does tend to help me out whenever possible. I know I will just buy the game again though, because I collect the Star Wars games.

As it stands, because I'm still pissed off at the Star Destroyer and refuse to play for a while, the most enjoyable part thus far has been
fighting Proxy as Darth Maul.
Honestly, one of the biggest surprises that just wowed me.

The Star Destroyer/Tie Fighters were annoying, but it's got a few tricks. When I finally beat it it took me about 5 waves of tie fighters before I could bring it down. Once you figure out the sweet spots to grab the Tie's (Hint: the corners) then it should be a little easier. As soon as you see the indicator over the Tie quicky grab it. Also remember once you get the little green light to keep the Destroyer there for about 3 seconds then it'll promt you to pull it down.

Jumping/Force Lightning and they TIE's are done in like 30 seconds to a minute. But it's like once I get the Destroyer where I want it, a new wave of TIE's joins the party. Frustrating as all hell.

Keep at it, once you drag the Star Destroyer to a certain point it will remain there, so even if another wave of ties comes in the ship doesn't keep moving back. Personally I just used force lightning in the left hand or right hand corner and took out the majority of the ships , then went right back to positioning and pulling the SD down. It also helps to not be afraid to take a few hits from the tie fighters then do a force speed dash to cover right before you die.

I'm on the same fucking level as Ahadi. I've spent an hour trying to get that motherfucking star destroyer down. Whats the best way to deal with the wave of enemy aircrafts? Should I do lightning on the enemies or the containers that pass by?

I absolutely HATE it when games have stick wiggling mini-games, more so when its one miss and you start again. Hopefully its not as sensitive in this game or I'm gonna flip out.

Lightning by far, just go into the left or right corner, as they go by jump up and hit them. Once you get the hang of it you can take out almost all of them in the first pass.

I used the force and just kept tapping LT, eventually it would grab them and throw them into the tie fighter right behind it. But again, i was playing on the easiest level.

oh what the fuck.
Im in this level where the wind is blowin and im flyin all over the fuckin place.

WHAT.
DO.
I.
DO.

I'm inside something, aren't I? :lol: ???

[quote name='lilboo']oh what the fuck.
Im in this level where the wind is blowin and im flyin all over the fuckin place.

WHAT.
DO.
I.
DO.

I'm inside something, aren't I? :lol: ???[/quote]

Stand behind some of the "walls". Then the wind wont blow you back. They shield you from the wind.

To me, it felt completely manufactured and even though I was interested in the story, the whole thing felt like I was at a blockbuster movie which had been pieced together to appeal to everyone and ended up feeling completely flat. IE: fuck this game.

...Naturally, they had all the boxes checked: a fleshed-out story that bridges the gap between Episodes III and IV, lots of involvement from Vader, over-the-top force powers that are usable frequently and to great effect, dramatic Jedi duels, and a story spanning the galaxy taking you through all the memorable locales of the movies. It feels like so much concern was put into making sure that the game "had everything" that they forgot to stop to think whether or not the game would be any fun.

Well, the answer is, after 15 minutes of endlessly throwing rebels around around, choking them with the force, and blasting them with the seemingly-uber-cool lightning bolts, the game felt played. When using the force is as easy as tapping a button and you are encouraged to use the force constantly throughout the game, it ends up feeling joyless as it just becomes "another video game power." The desire to make the game all about the force and take the force powers "over the top" is what becomes the game's undoing. In the best of the films, force powers were rarely used and significant when they were used. In Unleashed, even when you reach the fun lightsaber duels (the highlight of the game), the force no longer feels significant whatsoever and instead feels like another set of weapons to manage.
{continued}

Well I finally took down that stupid ass ship..it took me like 45 minutes and my fingers hurt. :bomb:

When I checked my "Current Objectives" it said "*DEFAULT TEXT* for my bonus objective, it also constantly had 0 force points..and even when I collected holocrons it said 0/15.????

On the next level, it's doing the SAME thing?!?!!? :wall: What the fuck?
And no, I did NOT use any cheat codes. I just got an achievement for bringing the star destroyer down!

I've spent a total of about 3 hours collectively trying to take down the Star Destroyer and am still yet to take it down. I'm officially done with this game. Excellent story, some fun gameplay mechanics, but other than that, its shit. But whatever... It's a hot game right now, so I think I could get some money or a good trade for it. Blah.

[quote name='Rodimus']You could sell it on CAG for $40 shipped no problem.[/quote]

I've got it new/sealed for $45 and can't get any takers.

Well im done with it. If i didnt rent it i would try to more achievements, but for the most part im happy with the ones i have. The game is alright, i beat it twice in two days (on easy). First time took about 5 hours, and most of the levels you can just run through, without having to attack many enemies. It was fun while i had it, but i doubt ill look back at it as one of the games i enjoyed a lot. I want to send it back and hopefully get Lego Batman. :D

[quote name='lilboo']Some money?! $25 at GS! :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Meh. It's more than it deserves... Maybe I can find someone in the trading forum who might want it.

Either way, I wish this was just a comic book or something.

OK after wasting another hour at the piece of shit sty destroyer battle.. i figured how to destroy the wave of fighters and do the thumbstick wiggling up to the point where he says 'good now rip it out' and the thumbstick arrows go green and then there's this red pointer that points downwards. now what the fuck does it want me to do? wiggle the damn sticks downwards or just leave it to center? fuck..i've never had this kind of annoyance at a game for a long long time...and to think of it there's one more fucking level left. only reason im playing through this is to get through the rest of the story.

Go straight down with both sticks then one time and one time only go back up and down really fast, for the most part you are just holding it down.

[quote name='Scorch']I've got it new/sealed for $45 and can't get any takers.[/quote]

Wow, that's a shock. I've never had a problem selling anything less than a week old for 75% of MSRP. But I'm sure all the hate on this thread isn't helping it much either.

[quote name='lilboo']When I checked my "Current Objectives" it said "*DEFAULT TEXT* for my bonus objective, it also constantly had 0 force points..and even when I collected holocrons it said 0/15.????[/quote]

I explained this glitch several posts back. It seems to effect people in the later part of the game. I got it too.

The endings were okay.

Dark ending was lame.
And what looks to be the fake ending since Vader dies.

Light ending was good.
But still felt a little too much like anakins story but reversed from being evil and turning to the light side. Im guessing this is the cannon ending since everything would have gone on as planned.

The story is alright. Maybe i just got confused but it seemed pointless for
Vader to save this kid, then try to use him to kill darth sidious, only to lie about it and try to kill the apprentice. Did i miss something?

[quote name='Rodimus'] I explained this glitch several posts back. It seems to effect people in the later part of the game. I got it too.[/QUOTE]

If you beat the game, do you still get the achievements? I was gonna playthrough the game again before sending it back, but I was just hit with Default Text on the last stage.

At this point I just want to finish up the game and send it back, but I'm curious if I'll get my nerd points.

Holy shit didn't see that coming. I guess I got the bad ending in which I am turned into a part man, part machine.

What did I do wrong?

Overall good game!

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']If you beat the game, do you still get the achievements? I was gonna playthrough the game again before sending it back, but I was just hit with Default Text on the last stage.

At this point I just want to finish up the game and send it back, but I'm curious if I'll get my nerd points.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you will. The only ones you would be screwed out of would the holocrons and bonus mission achievements.

[quote name='lilboo']
When I checked my "Current Objectives" it said "*DEFAULT TEXT* for my bonus objective, it also constantly had 0 force points..and even when I collected holocrons it said 0/15.????

On the next level, it's doing the SAME thing?!?!!? :wall: What the fuck?
And no, I did NOT use any cheat codes. I just got an achievement for bringing the star destroyer down![/QUOTE]

Anyone know what is up with this?

[quote name='zewone']I'm pretty sure you will. The only ones you would be screwed out of would the holocrons and bonus mission achievements.[/quote]

You're right. You'll still get achievements for everything else. If you're renting it (like I did) the glitch shouldn't be a huge problem, but if you want to get 1000/1000 then you're screwed. I'm not even sure if the glitch has been officially addressed yet.

Didn't the production team at Lucus Arts get canned, and that's why this game turned out so glitchy and half-assed? Honestly the concept is great but it feels like they feel asleep half-way through production.

I actually am really enjoying the game so far, Im not really into Star Wars but damn this game makes you feel like a badass, I am very happy with it, I am going to beat it today

[quote name='The 7th Number']The endings were okay.

Dark ending was lame.
And what looks to be the fake ending since Vader dies.

Light ending was good.
But still felt a little too much like anakins story but reversed from being evil and turning to the light side. Im guessing this is the cannon ending since everything would have gone on as planned.

The story is alright. Maybe i just got confused but it seemed pointless for
Vader to save this kid, then try to use him to kill darth sidious, only to lie about it and try to kill the apprentice. Did i miss something?
[/quote]

This is discussion about the story, only click it if you beat it:

The reason Vader used the apprentice was to start the Rebel Alliance (which was his destiny) and it wasn't to overthrow the Emperor. The reason the story is amazing is because we find out that it was really Vader who started the Rebel Alliance through his Apprentice because he knew there needed to be a way to defeat the Empire. Starkiller's destiny was to be that spark of hope people needed to feel inspired to fight the Empire. This is what made the story amazing...at least if you like Star Wars a lot like I do...

Yeah I got rid of my copy today. Took my local manager up on his offer to return the game for full credit. I used that to pay off my last two preorders.

[quote name='lilboo']Some money?! $25 at GS! :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

For any of you that do Goozex, it's going for 900 points on there ($45 equivalent). Still low as most new release games go for 1000 points, but much more than the $25 at GS.

There's also only 1 ready for trade at the moment and 200 some requests so you'd be matched up with someone right away.

Just got back from Gamestop, I took them the print out. They eventually gave me full credit but it wasn't easy. Not because they didn't want to but because they didn't know what to do exactly. Eventually the guy called someone and they gave them the green light to give me credit and with it I got Rock Band 2

Im done with this freaking pos game.

The default text glitched happened on the last level for me after finding all the holycrons, so I cant get the ach on that data.

Started a new data on sith master or w/e the hardest is..

default text glitch on the second level :(

Patch the damn game lucas arts.

Beat it today..

The end guy/s (no spoilers) were the two easiest battles in the game =/

For those having trouble..

With Vader, when he goes to force push you (as he charges), dash behind him and wail away. He'll grip you. Hit the button to power out of it, hit him a few times, dash away, dash behind him when he charges a force push, rinse, repeat. Second part, just throw shit at him quickly. Third part, no real strategy, wail away..

With the Emperor, just hit him. If he goes to lift objects, run behind one of the little desks that have the battle plans above them. For the guards he calls in, blast them with a quick round of lightning (one quick shot) then wail away. Rinse and repeat. Insanely easy.

[quote name='Scorch']Beat it today..

The end guy/s (no spoilers) were the two easiest battles in the game =/

For those having trouble..

With Vader, when he goes to force push you (as he charges), dash behind him and wail away. He'll grip you. Hit the button to power out of it, hit him a few times, dash away, dash behind him when he charges a force push, rinse, repeat. Second part, just throw shit at him quickly. Third part, no real strategy, wail away..

With the Emperor, just hit him. If he goes to lift objects, run behind one of the little desks that have the battle plans above them. For the guards he calls in, blast them with a quick round of lightning (one quick shot) then wail away. Rinse and repeat. Insanely easy.
[/QUOTE]
What difficulty?

The second boss you mention is close to impossible on Sith Lord, but retardly easy on :baby: mode.

EDIT: I see from your achievements that you beat it on Normal. He's really tough on Hard.

[quote name='zewone']What difficulty?

The second boss you mention is close to impossible on Sith Lord, but retardly easy on :baby: mode.

EDIT: I see from your achievements that you beat it on Normal. He's really tough on Hard.[/QUOTE]

I second that. You definitely can't just wail away on the [second boss] on Hard... if you're in close for more than 2 or 3 swings you get rocked for about 1/3 health (I had fully upgraded health and damage mitigation...) and blown backwards. If you're really lucky, you might get blown backwards and into the force field for extra damage.

I was lucky alot...

bread's done
Back