Star Wars the Old Republic Collectors Edition - Available online - Walmart.com

I bought one to flip...why do I feel like a dirty SD'er? Ah well...hoping it'll help with Christmas present money.

Great deal. Unfortunately, I can't get it because I'll be leaving to go out of the country for 3 months right around release time.

Do they charge when it ships only?
I've been on the fence about this game for awhile and was going to wait till reviews came out, but after seeing the prices that this Collector's Edition is going for on Amazon, I bit the bullet. I'll still leave it sealed though so I'll be able to return it/resell it if down the road the reviews come out proclaiming it's garbage.

Edit: I just received an e-mail which answered my own question " If you're paying by credit card or Bill Me Later®, your account will not be charged until your order ships. All other forms of payment are charged at the time the order is placed."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bosamba']Do they charge when it ships only?
I've been on the fence about this game for awhile and was going to wait till reviews came out, but after seeing the prices that this Collector's Edition is going for on Amazon, I bit the bullet. I'll still leave it sealed though so I'll be able to return it/resell it if down the road the reviews come out proclaiming it's garbage.

Edit: I just received an e-mail which answered my own question " If you're paying by credit card or Bill Me Later®, your account will not be charged until your order ships. All other forms of payment are charged at the time the order is placed."[/QUOTE]

Would not count on that I just used my card and was charged the full amount, was surprised to say the least:lol:.

[quote name='WalMart']
Early Access Codes are shipped via mail once your order has been placed. You will recieve an email confirmation once your early access code has been shipped.[/quote]
Lol, really, via mail they send em?

I see a debit hold for $160.46, but I think they just do that to verify you actually have a legit credit card. It gets removed after a couple of days.

[quote name='MikeE021286']Lol, really, via mail they send em?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that too, thought I was on ebay for a second lol. I don't understand why they'd send it via mail and not email.

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah I saw that too, thought I was on ebay for a second lol. I don't understand why they'd send it via mail and not email.[/QUOTE]

Weird thing is, looking at my order confirmation I was emailed it says the expected arrival date for my "Early Access code" is Wed, Dec. 28

So much for "early access" --- also, maybe they actually do mail it then lol.

I really hope this thing is as limited as they say. I ordered 2 a long time ago from amazon and origin hoping to sell the 1 to cover (most if not all) of my cost for the one to keep.

[quote name='Brutal Fates']NewEgg still has them... or at least did like a week ago when I looked...[/QUOTE]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832130291

Now for saving money on standard edition preorders, Newegg is great. However, ask any of the CAGs here who got burned by Newegg and the Dark Souls Collector's Edition preorder fiasco and I wouldn't put it past them that they would cancel your order at the last minute due to a lack of stock.

Retail stores will have copies on day one, that's just business as usual but I don't expect them to last long. This will probably be a middle ground in rarity between the original WoW CE and any of the expansion CEs.

I hate that these big CE's (like the Skyrim CE) are so overpriced. If you break it down, would you really pay $50 for each item separately? $50 for the game, $50 for the bonus items, and $50 for the statue? ... it's a hard sell when you look at it that way just being a fan.

BUT ... if like people say, they really are limited, then it's definitely worth it. If they just reprint the hell out of them though, it's a rip off. Does anyone know for sure if these are limited? There sure seems to be a lot of them.

[quote name='fortunado']I hate that these big CE's (like the Skyrim CE) are so overpriced. If you break it down, would you really pay $50 for each item separately? $50 for the game, $50 for the bonus items, and $50 for the statue? ... it's a hard sell when you look at it that way just being a fan.

BUT ... if like people say, they really are limited, then it's definitely worth it. If they just reprint the hell out of them though, it's a rip off. Does anyone know for sure if these are limited? There sure seems to be a lot of them.[/QUOTE]

There really isn't that many of them out there. I bought one on Amazon a while back to keep and just bought one here to resell. I haven't really seen any at other places (that don't sell out like instantly).

[quote name='Darknuke']There really isn't that many of them out there. I bought one on Amazon a while back to keep and just bought one here to resell. I haven't really seen any at other places (that don't sell out like instantly).[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, how much do you think the statue would sell for on Ebay? After seeing reviews come out I'll decide whether or not to keep my copy but I have no desire to own the Darth Malgus figure.

I got banned on amazon just because I tried to sell this there with a ship date of 12/20.
They are sellers asking $350 for this on the site as of right now.

I convinced myself not to get the CE as the $90 you pay extra is equivalent to 6 months of subscription service. No thanks, I'd rather play the game more than have extras lying around that I'll eventually forget about.

Yeah I don't understand how sellers on Amazon can still sell stuff when it's not out.

Ordered 1 to hopefully sell the extras to offset the cost of a 6 month. I better not see these in January for $60. Used a $10 gift card from the Batman deal.

The figure is the same with any collectors edition, either people will want it for $100 or $20. It'll be over $100 if this edition keeps selling out.

bread's done
Back