Starcraft 2 $30 at Best Buy ends 5/26

tastudent2003

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
I think so, found it on amazon for $45 by a third-party seller, but that's the lowest I've ever seen it. Blizzard rarely drops prices on their games...

Thought of picking this up for a while and have a $10 reward certificate. Problem is, I am deeply in Diablo III at the moment. Not sure if I would get to it anytime soon :(.

[quote name='plus1zero']Picked this up for $35 on clearance at Walmart :/ like 3 days ago[/QUOTE]
If you really want the $5 back, you can buy one at Best Buy, then return the recently bought one to Walmart. However, seeing how gas prices are now, you will be spending that $5 on gas.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']It was 30 a while back at Target.[/QUOTE]

And $30 in January at Newegg.

Waiting for the CAG magic price point.

[quote name='tastudent2003']I think so, found it on amazon for $45 by a third-party seller, but that's the lowest I've ever seen it. Blizzard rarely drops prices on their games...[/QUOTE]

Isn't it retailers rarely drop prices on blizzard products?

there have been $29.99 sales at retail and digital from blizzard on an off, i'm glad to see it available again so my IRL CAG friends will finally buy a copy. thanks for the heads up.

Well, no longer available online. I waited too long to pick it up online. Guess I'll have to drive to Best Buy if I want it now.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Isn't it retailers rarely drop prices on blizzard products?[/QUOTE]

I seem to recall Cataclysm being sold for

[quote name='Wario64']Is this the lowest the game has ever been?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I saw it for $30 on Amazon less than a year after it was released.

do you need a high graphics computer to play this game? cuz I have a laptop with intel 3000 hd graphis, lol

Thanks OP. Ended up purchasing one at my local Best Buy. Had a $10 rewards card and a $20 Visa from a video card purchase. Ended up paying a dollar and some change. Now to find time in between D3.

By the way, does anyone need a guest pass to Starcraft 2 to see if it works on their machine or just want to try it out? I believe they give you 7 hours of play (or 14 days whichever comes first).

[quote name='sharpeone']Thanks OP. Ended up purchasing one at my local Best Buy. Had a $10 rewards card and a $20 Visa from a video card purchase. Ended up paying a dollar and some change. Now to find time in between D3.

By the way, does anyone need a guest pass to Starcraft 2 to see if it works on their machine or just want to try it out? I believe they give you 7 hours of play (or 14 days whichever comes first).[/QUOTE]

You can actually download a 'starter edition' of the game from Blizz. It lets you play the first few campaign missions, as well as MP but you can only play as Terran.

Thanks OP, will pick this up tomorrow when I'm out doing errands.

[quote name='YBX87']do you need a high graphics computer to play this game? cuz I have a laptop with intel 3000 hd graphis, lol[/QUOTE]

Intel 3000 HD will run it. If it's an i7 even better since the game is highly CPU tied, but HD3000 will run on lows fine and unless you want to play 4v4's or high res, you can turn shaders to medium and leave rest on low and that's still fine.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']You can actually download a 'starter edition' of the game from Blizz. It lets you play the first few campaign missions, as well as MP but you can only play as Terran.

Thanks OP, will pick this up tomorrow when I'm out doing errands.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, didn't realize that. Guess I am used to the guest passes from Diablo 3 and the Starter Edition that hasn't opened up yet.

$30 is usually the lowest price for Starcraft 2 and $50 is the lowest price for Starcraft 2 Collectors Edition. (Best Buy had it at $50 for nearly 6 months until they completely sold out)

I picked up a copy yesterday. It was hiding behind Space Marine. I almost thought they didn't have it. Did anyone else get two key stickers on their CD case? They're overlapping each other and both keys are totally different. Do I have an extra copy by accident?

I'm not trying to criticize this deal, but the website and the ad on the website only show a 10 dollar discount for the game.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I picked up a copy yesterday. It was hiding behind Space Marine. I almost thought they didn't have it. Did anyone else get two key stickers on their CD case? They're overlapping each other and both keys are totally different. Do I have an extra copy by accident?[/QUOTE]

pm me the other key an i will let you know :)

[quote name='Odinsfury']I'm not trying to criticize this deal, but the website and the ad on the website only show a 10 dollar discount for the game.[/QUOTE]

it was a deal of the day i think.

[quote name='aramsey1986']pm me the other key an i will let you know :)[/QUOTE] Replied to your PM. I'm not sure how to sell it since I'm not 100% positive it is a legit second key. Both stickers say, "Starcraft 2 Authentication Key Wings of Liberty - Standard Edition - US" and have completely different keys. That leads me to believe that I do, indeed, have a second key.

[quote name='igame']$30 is usually the lowest price for Starcraft 2 and $50 is the lowest price for Starcraft 2 Collectors Edition. (Best Buy had it at $50 for nearly 6 months until they completely sold out)[/QUOTE]

the collector's edition isn't available for sale. show me where i can buy it for $50

[quote name='havuk']the collector's edition isn't available for sale. show me where i can buy it for $50[/QUOTE]

It was long time ago...

[quote name='MastaNinja']So deal dead?[/QUOTE]

When I originally picked up my copy, the rep told me the sale was thru 5/26. Looks like it's not live on the website anymore, but I'm not sure about in-store.

Deal was dead when I went to the store this morning. Fortunately for me, they still had the sale price listed in the aisle and had to honor it. Very YMMV.

[quote name='MastaNinja']So deal dead?[/QUOTE]

op says ends 05/26, website says $10 off and priced at $49.99, and someone mentioned it was a deal of the day.

so confuse. maybe i go to brick and mortar and scan. i have a $10 coupon from bestbuy closing to use.

Original poster or someone needs to change this to DEAD, also please check facts before posting and putting details like (ends 5/26, where did you get that?). just got back from store, and its 49.95 at register (this includes the 10$ discount live on the site as of right now). Also some dimwit posted a link to a 4 day sale, friday to monday, but linked to to another CAG forum? wtf?.........where you get that info? Going to take info a little more grain of saltish from here on in.......

i was mad i missed this last week but went in today to pick up darkness 2 and decided to check this out the tag was still there for 29.99! took it to the counter rang up as 59.99 i showed the person the tag and they took the tag off and got it price adjusted lucky me!

bread's done
Back