Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void

chaching, go internets
QXQ3V.jpg

I'm not liking the "always connected" aspect of Battlenet. Does that mean I can't play single player campaign offline? I can foresee times I won't have a 'Net connection and yet I still want to play.

[quote name='gunm']I'm not liking the "always connected" aspect of Battlenet. Does that mean I can't play single player campaign offline? I can foresee times I won't have a 'Net connection and yet I still want to play.[/QUOTE]

It's very likely related to Steam's offline mode, where you tell Battle.net you're going offline but want to be able to play, so you put BNet in "Offline mode".

There's NO WAY they'd disable SP just because you had no internet.

I dunno, with EA's DLC DRM, you can't play your game if it's enabled for that particular save and not connected to the Internet. But I do hope that there is an offline mode regardless.

[quote name='gunm']I dunno, with EA's DLC DRM, you can't play your game if it's enabled for that particular save and not connected to the Internet. But I do hope that there is an offline mode regardless.[/QUOTE]

Hope?

If I am to purchase this...it better have it.

No proper specs yet, but we now have a loose idea thanks to the beta:

• Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1/Windows 7
• 2.2 Ghz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
• 1 GB system RAM/1.5 GB for Vista and Windows 7
• 128 MB NVidia GeForce 6600 GT/ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card
• 1024x768 minimum display resolution
• 4 GB free hard space (Beta)

If you were selected or had a beta code to play. You have to log into battle.net and it will appear in your manage games. Demo is 1.64gigs.

Damn, no key here. I gotta ask a co-worker here who's friends with some of the higher ups at Blizzard to see if he can score a key for me.

[quote name='gunm']Where's the MAC specs? Not that big a deal, since I'm boot camping, but just curious...[/QUOTE]
I'm Boot Camping too, and I haven't seen any Mac specs yet. It seems like the beta is just for the Windows version...?

Not too worried, though... still running Tiger but if that won't work, I had been contemplating an upgrade to Snow Leopard for awhile now, so it wouldn't be a dealbreaker or anything. Totally not concerned about the hardware specs considering the PC ones given.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']playing now! I might set up a stream later[/QUOTE]

Just make sure you're not breaking the NDA, if there was one to sign anyways.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Yeah, I'd love to watch another SC2 stream. I watched 1Up's stream last night and it seemed pretty interesting.[/QUOTE]
ohmygod
i watched a clip of 1up's and they are freakin terrible

it's like 5 year olds demonstrating how to play basketball

on the other hand, i've been watching a stream from one of the best SC players in the US, and it's like michael jordan beating up those kids, it's not that much better

[quote name='kainzero']on the other hand, i've been watching a stream from one of the best SC players in the US, and it's like michael jordan beating up those kids, it's not that much better[/QUOTE]
Thanks for reminding me why I don't like to play most anything online ;)

I am curious about the matchmaking system for SC2. Beta testers, any impressions so far?

I'm curious to how you guys got beta keys: blizzcon? Are u the top 10 Warcraft 3 players?did you bang a ugly chick that works for blizzard? Are u running windows 7? Pure luck? I want details. Kthnx.

[quote name='scarfromaguitar']I'm curious to how you guys got beta keys: blizzcon? Are u the top 10 Warcraft 3 players?did you bang a ugly chick that works for blizzard? Are u running windows 7? Pure luck? I want details. Kthnx.[/QUOTE]

My friend got in from Blizzcon 2008 (they didnt give out beta codes at blizzcon 2009), and his second account was randomly selected from what he told me.

He's running Windows 7 or XP (I'll ask him later). But his PC is really high end too. They mustve just selected him just because of that.

[quote name='scarfromaguitar']I'm curious to how you guys got beta keys: blizzcon? Are u the top 10 Warcraft 3 players?did you bang a ugly chick that works for blizzard? Are u running windows 7? Pure luck? I want details. Kthnx.[/QUOTE]

I got one from Blizzcon 2008. My friend got in from getting top place in the War3 ladder. I actually got another key from winning a Blizzard-sponsored Starcraft 1 tournament at my college (the second key I got has already been accounted for, so don't bother asking for it)

I just got it by making a battle.net account and opting in for betas. They just sent me an email and I logged in and downloaded it. And no, no, no, yes.

Drfoo, can you post your specs? Tbh, I'm just interested how the "lucky ones" got in :p.

obviously I'm jealous, i guess I could be a Dbag and make 99 gmail accounts and 99 battle.net accts like some ppl did, but nah. Lol

but, within the limited amount of time playing multiplayer... Was it worth the epic wait?

[quote name='blueshinra']Thanks for reminding me why I don't like to play most anything online ;)

I am curious about the matchmaking system for SC2. Beta testers, any impressions so far?[/QUOTE]

so far it does a pretty good job of putting you against people of around equal skill considering it's still only in beta with a limited number of people playing. If you're completely terrible at this game you will find people to play with in the practice league

[quote name='Oktoberfest']so far it does a pretty good job of putting you against people of around equal skill considering it's still only in beta with a limited number of people playing. If you're completely terrible at this game you will find people to play with in the practice league[/QUOTE]

I put myself in the Novice (Regular) category. Have you noticed everyone rushes? I hate playing every game like that. Dont get to try out the new upper tier units.

Given that I was one of the rushingest motherfuckers on CAG when SC1 was popular, statements like that make me smile.

Did I love the shit out of the Arbiter? Sure! Did I ever win a game against Jarvis that I didn't open with a rush? Not that I can remember.

[quote name='sasukekun']I put myself in the Novice (Regular) category. Have you noticed everyone rushes? I hate playing every game like that. Dont get to try out the new upper tier units.[/QUOTE]

actually its not that difficult to turtle to higher tier units. Although for zerg, roaches and hydras seem to be the way to go. Ultralisks are also giant machines of death. Two of them coupled with hydras were pretty much unstoppable, although to be fair, no one seems to grasp the concept of spells yet.

[quote name='kainzero']ohmygod
i watched a clip of 1up's and they are freakin terrible

it's like 5 year olds demonstrating how to play basketball

on the other hand, i've been watching a stream from one of the best SC players in the US, and it's like michael jordan beating up those kids, it's not that much better[/QUOTE]

Oh man I just watched their video last night and I'm like jesus these guys are stupid. You'd think they'd learn the basics before they start the camera rolling. *face palm* lol insert Captain Pickard Face Palm

He didn't even know what a watch tower was or did!?:bomb:

Are there some streams I can watch of this being played? As in, from this beta? Then I can vicariously pretend I'm playing it. Which means I'll have to vicariously pretend I'm the losing Terran side, but that'll work for now.

Can't wait, SC2 and Diablo3 are the only games I have pre-ordered but they are worth MSRP. Blizzard has me on a leash, I've logged like 100 days each in original starcraft and diablo 2 and 300 in WoW.

bread's done
Back