Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void

[quote name='scarfromaguitar']Drfoo, can you post your specs? Tbh, I'm just interested how the "lucky ones" got in :p.

obviously I'm jealous, i guess I could be a Dbag and make 99 gmail accounts and 99 battle.net accts like some ppl did, but nah. Lol

but, within the limited amount of time playing multiplayer... Was it worth the epic wait?[/QUOTE]

Intel Q6600, 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM, Geforce 8800gt, 750 gb hard drive, running at 1920x1200

Fairly average specs I think. And yeah it was definitely worth the wait. To me it feels like Starcraft 1 with a new, smoother, better looking engine and a bunch of new units which is exactly what I was hoping for.

As for balance so far I've notice Thors and especially Reapers seem overpowered. Five or six Reapers can destroy all of someones gatherers and their main structure in maybe 10-15 seconds and I've used Thors to pretty much defeat two complete armies at once at different occasions (although they have a counter with Immortals but I'm not sure what Zerg should use). Carriers and Battle Cruisers are still very good late game. Zealot rushes also seem a tad too good with the Nexus's ability to increase the unit production rate for little bursts.

I just started using Zerg and so far I've decided Zerglings are crap and Roaches/Hydras are much better. I've also heard Mutalisks are pretty good but I haven't had too much experience with them. Building the new queens and using them to get more larvae is pretty much required.

Also no real glitches are noticeable. I don't see how they could fail to release this game during the summer like they promised.

When Diablo II went into the closed beta ("Ring of Thousand" in the game's credits), I was chosen. This was a lot of fun, but the weird part is that I started getting calls from people around the nation asking me to upload the iso.

Shit was weird. Dood calls me up and he's in Oklahoma. I thought it was a friend joking around, and it took a few minutes for me to be convinced that this was some random guy desperate to play the game.

I imagine the same is going on now.

/goes back to a blurry live stream feed where I can't really tell what's going on

They have the client out now, just need a key to play. Can watch replays with a cracked version of it though...

[quote name='Strell']When Diablo II went into the closed beta ("Ring of Thousand" in the game's credits), I was chosen. This was a lot of fun, but the weird part is that I started getting calls from people around the nation asking me to upload the iso.

Shit was weird. Dood calls me up and he's in Oklahoma. I thought it was a friend joking around, and it took a few minutes for me to be convinced that this was some random guy desperate to play the game.

I imagine the same is going on now.

/goes back to a blurry live stream feed where I can't really tell what's going on[/QUOTE]
How the hell did they get your number?

I've been playing Starcraft 1 a lot recently, just because of this game (and my friend).

Definitely can't wait for this game to come out. I'm mostly a Zerg/Protoss player, but I've been playing Zerg a lot recently.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I've been playing Starcraft 1 a lot recently, just because of this game (and my friend).

Definitely can't wait for this game to come out. I'm mostly a Zerg/Protoss player, but I've been playing Zerg a lot recently.[/QUOTE]
i'll play you at starcraft!
i'm like, D/D- level. good enough to crush D-, not good enough to compete against D. what a terrible world

I just played the longest match I've had with my brother ever. It took an hour to complete, but it was only 38 minutes on the end screen. (That's a lie, since we were playing since 8:30, and it ended at 9:30ish)

I'm burnt out of Starcraft for tonight. I'll play you tomorrow Kain. BNet, or Hamachi?

@the crotch: goddamn. you don't even have your CD-key so you can dl it off battle.net?

@Dreonixjpn: i've always used iccup although i can get on bnet. never used hamachi. i'm full of rust too. =)

[quote name='kainzero']@the crotch: goddamn. you don't even have your CD-key so you can dl it off battle.net?[/QUOTE]
'Fraid not. Haven't had it for a good two years now.

Wait, I've never heard of iccup. I'll have to check it out.

Edit: Checked it out, downloaded, haven't tested it out yet to see if it works. I'll play sooner or later with you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you able to give your Beta access to someone else? It is linked to your account right? Not a code.

*checked on Ebay seems like there are codes, not sure though*

I might be getting Beta Access from someone... so I'm excited to hear!

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Are you able to give your Beta access to someone else? It is linked to your account right? Not a code.

*checked on Ebay seems like there are codes, not sure though*

I might be getting Beta Access from someone... so I'm excited to hear![/QUOTE]

The people selling codes on ebay are selling the code card they got for attending Blizzcon where every attendee was given a beta code for SC2 when the beta launched.

Otherwise, if you get a beta code it is through your battle.net account and tied to that account. Only exception is Blizzard employees that can give out beta invites to their friends/family (they get a limited number they can give out)

Well, I found some AI Maps last night for the SC2 beta, but haven't tried it out yet. Going to try it out soon, and let's see if it works. :p

It does work, just do a custom game. I've seen footage online of a guy playing against the AI that way. That pissed me off because I thought it was all online which I couldn't do without massive lag so I didn't even try to get the Beta.

The very easy AI (which is the only AI unlocked for the beta) is so terrible I don't know why anybody would waste their time trying to hack it unless they found a way to get higher difficulties. All you have to do is build maybe 4-5 marines and attack click their base and you win.

I believe the AI is there just for you to learn what each building is/does, what new units there are and anything else of your faction's tech tree. Why would they put out a challenging AI in a mulitplayer beta?

Hey guys...

Since this game is still a ways from release, I thought I'd brush up my skillz (hah!) in the original. I go to grab my case, and it has another game in it... damn I hate when I do that.

So can anyone help me with either an ISO d/l or a burned copy of the original game? I've got my cd case and key, I just need a disc.

I guess if I start jonesing real bad I'll go buy it again, but I've already bought it twice. That's just not CAG style, is it?

Anyway, TIA if anyone can help.:bouncy:

Go to battle.net (as in, the website itself, not from within a game) and register your key there. Then you can download a full version direct from Blizzard.

[quote name='Strell']Go to battle.net (as in, the website itself, not from within a game) and register your key there. Then you can download a full version direct from Blizzard.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I should have known Blizzard would have a feature like this. I just wasn't sure where to look. Thanks!

Man, zerg are so overpowered. And this game feels like it is never even, it is either you raping them or them raping you. Is there any good Terran strategy videos out there?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Man, zerg are so overpowered. And this game feels like it is never even, it is either you raping them or them raping you. Is there any good Terran strategy videos out there?[/QUOTE]
Just abuse mules and get an unstoppable ball of marine/marauder/medivac/tanks

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Man, zerg are so overpowered. And this game feels like it is never even, it is either you raping them or them raping you. Is there any good Terran strategy videos out there?[/QUOTE]

1) Well yes in the Starcraft universe they're taking over both Terrain and Protoss worlds (this is single player though so stats and faction details would be changed for multi).

2) Well it sounds like you need to find some better strategies. Don't look at me though.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']Just abuse mules and get an unstoppable ball of marine/marauder/medivac/tanks[/QUOTE]
Yea, that's my new strategy. It is pretty nice.

Still early Roach rush is ridiculous.

Takes much longer... but they are good against them. The only problem is how fast pros can get Roaches out and how ridiculous they are early game.

Indeed.

I'd like to point out that the oh-so-lovely D9D #81 focuses on two infantry-based Terran games: one against a Protoss, and one (starting about 2/5 of the way in) against a Zerg who tried to put early-ish pressure on with Roaches but was held back.

Were those Roaches up as quickly as they could have been? Dunno. But it was still a neat thing to watch, even if I'm Protoss.

Woah that is starcraft 2? That looks like crappppp. That is amazing how much you can turn down the settings. My SC2 looks incredible. Looks like two entirely different games.

And I'm not seeing that zerg fight, just him watch a CowGoMoo doing a Terran build. And what did I just watch? The guy was having a pants explosion over that Terran player and he did not seem THAT good. He had some Marines and Ghosts... and 1 Viking and 1 Medi. *shrug*

The second game was impressive... damn. So precise and requires such timing and precision. I build things that look pretty and a lot of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back