Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void

[quote name='KhaosX']Patch 15 with factory nerfs galore!

General
* Improved the system that handles initial placement and promotion/relegation between Leagues & Ladders.

Balance Changes

* TERRAN
o Hellion
+ Weapon upgrade bonus decreased from 1 (+1 Light) to 1.
o Reaper
+ Nitro Packs research cost decreased from 100/100 to 50/50.
o Siege Tank
+ Siege Mode damage decreased from 60 to 50.
o Thor
+ Anti-air weapon upgrade bonus decreased from 1 (+1 Light) to 1.

* ZERG
o Brood Lord
+ Weapon upgrade bonus decreased from 3 to 2.
Bug Fixes
* Resolved an issue with publishing maps in non-English locales.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23094049316&postId=251691264421&sid=5000#18

More of a reason for terran to continue MMM games.[/QUOTE]

I think that's a pretty poor choice, just fits them more stuck in the rush only niche.

Argh, they wiped the characters again. Getting really tired of adding people back to my friends list.

[quote name='Clak']Anyone up for a game tonight?[/QUOTE]

i'm in. what channel are you guys in? how does one join/create a channel in the new bnet?

I might be able to play in a few hours.

Jarvis: You don't create channels anymore. You have a friends list. Once people are added to it, you can create a party chat. There's a designated leader who gets to make decisions. That's my understanding anyway.

Can't add people via username, have to give out the email you register with.

Just post on here when you can play Strell. I tried out that Nexus War or whatever it is. Seems strange, might be fun with friends though.

[quote name='Clak']Argh, they wiped the characters again. Getting really tired of adding people back to my friends list.[/QUOTE]

That and those depressed looking default avatars.

Yet another reason why chatrooms need to be implemented. Or simple user name contact/adds. Or BOTH!

Anyway, my email is still the same. Not like i can really change it.

[quote name='jarvis307']hrmm.. that is going to be a tad bit trickier then since i don't have access to his email. is the address alone enough?[/QUOTE]
Yeah you don't need access to the email, we just need it to add you as a friend.

Ugh I miss it. Seems weird though that they'd just shut it down. Aside from the minute server costs, what downsides are there to keeping it open? It generates a ton of hype for the upcoming release, I know I wouldn't have bought it release date if it weren't for the tons of UMS/pro videos on youtube.

Well now that it's gone I miss it... Did not really play too much when it was here, but now I want to! Some of those UMS games brought me back and were just too fun.

They're supposed to be doing some upgrades I think. They'll probably tweak the servers and do a few updates between now and then.

you can at the very least still play ums by yourself, by dragging the map over sc2 beta icon, not much but at least its something. Wouldn't be surprised if someone mentioned this already but figured might as well bring it up.

[quote name='jarvis307']any vegas odds on the game being delayed?[/QUOTE]

If it was it would be 100% because of BNet 2.0 imo. :bomb:

[quote name='Monsta Mack']So I take it the collectors edition pre-orders are all sold out and are going to sell for a pretty penny on ebay?[/QUOTE]

hmm.. blizzard had midnight events at the local frys for their releases. i was hoping to grab one of those. ah well.. i always end up putting all the collector's stuff in a closet anyways.

I guess i have two collectors editions pre-ordered.. I'm likely going to cancel one of them. I really want the art book, so I'm keeping mine.

I didn't get to play after patch 13... how did the terran metal balance after the tank and upgrade changes?

so... does anyone wanna play BW? i don't feel like playing seriously but just messing around. maybe 2v2s with you guys here or something

[quote name='kainzero']so... does anyone wanna play BW? i don't feel like playing seriously but just messing around. maybe 2v2s with you guys here or something[/QUOTE]

I feel like I've been too spoiled by the interface conveniences of SC2 to play BW any time soon. That and the differrent hotkeys would drive me nuts.

[quote name='Magus8472']I feel like I've been too spoiled by the interface conveniences of SC2 to play BW any time soon. That and the differrent hotkeys would drive me nuts.[/QUOTE]

Haha.. me too.

I suspect that soon enough someone is going to make a SC1 mod map for SC2 - all the old units seem to be IN the game.. at least for the terrans (maybe not the science vessel though...).

[quote name='DoubleStop']Are ebgames/other retailers still giving out beta keys with pre-order or is everything over now?[/QUOTE]
No retailers are giving out keys anymore, unfortunately.

Well damn should have posted my message in here instead of the league thread. I'm going to build a custom PC here shortly and should be good to go once the game comes out.

For giggles I just attempted to log in. It did not give me a new client to download, but it did complain that my client was at an older version than the server.

I cancelled my preorder, and I'm never using Battle.net again, because of this RealID bullshit. 10+ years of anticipation, over in a flash. I'm pretty terribly disappointed.

Farewell, StarCraft II, I barely knew thee.

[quote name='cdietschrun']Man...relax, Jesus Christ, it's a naming scheme for a video game network. Jeez.[/QUOTE]

Uh, it's your REAL NAME for all to see, with no way to opt out. That's not good.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Uh, it's your REAL NAME for all to see, with no way to opt out. That's not good.[/QUOTE]

Unless I am mistaken, you are free to use it or not use it, as per their FAQ. It specifically lists that you can have a REALID friend or a Starcraft II friend. The forums, however, will indeed use your REALID info regardless if you like it or not, so just don't post there.

yeah it's just when you post on the official bnet forums, your real name gets displayed. It's stupid, yes, but just don't post there. The forums there are terrible anyway

Also, people with the beta, open it up and a new patch will start downloading. Servers are still down though

I'm assuming it's going to work just like it does in World of Warcraft.

You can friend someone either by their character name or their email address. If you friend them by character name, they can only see that character name, and can only see you when you're online with that character. If you friend by email, only then can they see your real name, and they can also see when you're online with any character (and it works across multiple realms as well).

[quote name='TravistyOJ']Isn't it just in the forums? Just don't post in the forums. Done.[/QUOTE]
^ What he said

bread's done
Back