Starcraft II:HotS Collector's Edition Pre-Order Live

Not really sure if I want this, but I have plenty of time to change my mind if I decide that I don't. So I'm in for one.

Thanks.

[quote name='FrankieFiero']...but most of us know these Blizzard CEs that aren't the latest WoW expansion usually sell out of pre-order and don't get reprinted. Get yours before the SD scalpers grab 'em all up.[/QUOTE]
Went ahead and fixed that for ya. ;3

Anyway, even though it's not a deal I've been waiting for this to be available for pre-order. Thanks OP!

There were like a million SC2 CEs at my Best Buy 1 year after launch, so I don't see this getting rare. Will probably preorder anyway when it comes back in stock. I do have a standard edition order in though, which is now OOS.

EDIT: Wow.. anyone who thinks they won't restock probably has never played a Blizzard game before.
It's most likely OOS, because they don't know how many beta keys they can get and they're advertising giving a beta key to every preorder.

Yea, I grabbed the CE of SC:2 for $25 at Target where i saw 3 of them. BBY later had them for $50. They do go for a lot more now though.

Not as impressed with this set as I was with WoL due to the USB drive. This one gives a mouse pad instead. My computer stinks and can barely play SC2, but I still bought the SC2WoL CE. In fact I just mainly watch streams of it since I gave up on playing it on my current PC. But I am a sucker for StarCraft...

FYI you also get the beta code (when it is available) for preordering this and the standard version. So theoretically you can order, play the beta, and cancel if you like.

dont worry about this expansion ce selling out right now of pre orders. sc2 the first ce, also sold out on pre orders, but amazon kept putting them back up.

Anyways, I was honestly gravely dissapointed. I come from an era of playing Warcraft 1/2/3 all multiplayer or lan. Yes you heard me, all the way back to wc1. Played that when I was like 6-7 years old with my older brother. I remember having to upgrade to 16 megs of ram just to play it LOL.

Sc2 was highly anticipated for me when it came out... but maybe I am just getting old, or growing out of RTS titles...but it did not cure the itch for me.

What was the MSRP of Starcraft 2 Wings Of Liberty CE? Because they had HotS CE up for $79.99 and I thought that WoL CE was $99.99.

[quote name='The End']What was the MSRP of Starcraft 2 Wings Of Liberty CE? Because they had HotS CE up for $79.99 and I thought that WoL CE was $99.99.[/QUOTE]
Keep in mind that standard edition WoL was $60 vs $40 for HotS. That'd probably explain the difference in price between WoL and HotS CEs.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Keep in mind that standard edition WoL was $60 vs $40 for HotS. That'd probably explain the difference in price between WoL and HotS CEs.[/QUOTE]

Good point.

I thought that there might have been some sort of price mistake on Amazon's part. I even wondered if that might have been behind the item going out of stock for a bit. Obviously that wasn't the case though because they have the game back up for preorder. So you're probably right.

They consider Heart of the Swarm an expansion and not a full game like Wings of Liberty, hence the $20 difference. Needless to say I ordered the CE cause I love the Blizzard CE of games and I have every single one except the Diablo II Collector's Edition.

Locking in a preorder now in case something similar to the D3 CE fiasco happens. I doubt it, but I do have plenty of time to ponder cancelling otherwise. Thanks OP.

Ugh I really want this...and $80 makes it easier to swallow. I just wish my PC could play it. I almost want to find someone to share the cost with. They buy the game for $40 and I get the extras for $40...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

I clicked process and got the out of stock. DAMN KOREANS!

I was at the checkout and then they sold out.
Edit: Back in stock, I ordered one at 2:31 PM PST

Last edited by a moderator:
word on the interwebs is that blizzard removed a lot of the new units they announced to the point that the multiplayer could basically be a free patch for wings of liberty. true or false?

[quote name='United_Korea']word on the interwebs is that blizzard removed a lot of the new units they announced to the point that the multiplayer could basically be a free patch for wings of liberty. true or false?[/QUOTE]

Only way to know is preorder and try out the beta for yourself.

[quote name='United_Korea']word on the interwebs is that blizzard removed a lot of the new units they announced to the point that the multiplayer could basically be a free patch for wings of liberty. true or false?[/QUOTE]

False. There's still the same amount of new units per race I believe, with the exception of Terran (who are the crybabies you probably heard that from), who lost 1 new unit - the Warhound which was ridiculously broken and had no place in the game anyway. Terran is practically a complete race though which is why it's hard for them to add units to it.

Oh great, time to pre-order this and prepare to record myself beating every single missions on brutal and attempt on getting all the achievements again.

place order now, Contact customer service to change to release day delivery for $0.99 when they add it later.

[quote name='The End']What was the MSRP of Starcraft 2 Wings Of Liberty CE? Because they had HotS CE up for $79.99 and I thought that WoL CE was $99.99.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Keep in mind that standard edition WoL was $60 vs $40 for HotS. That'd probably explain the difference in price between WoL and HotS CEs.[/QUOTE]

This is correct. Wings of Liberty's CE was $99 (I remember because I actually paid full price for it!). I believe the price difference is due to the fact that Heart of the Swarm is considered to be an "expansion" to the original, and in North America at least you must own a copy of Wings to play it. This being the case, I would expect the Protoss-based third installment to be similarly-priced.

Here's the language from Blizzard's FAQ:

Heart of the Swarm is the first expansion set to Blizzard Entertainment’s sci-fi real time strategy game, StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. Heart of the Swarm continues the epic story from Wings of Liberty with an all-new campaign that focuses on Kerrigan, the erstwhile Queen of Blades. New multiplayer content will also be included in the expansion, as well as new features and upgrades to the Battle.net online platform.

This was yet another no-brainer for me. As long as Blizzard continues to support the PC realm I'll be there to support them as well. I've stayed away from any unit info regarding this expansion just to anticipate the surprise.

pre-ordered. would love to have this signed again by pros. got my sc2 ce signed by the mkp, leenock and the kespa players who attend mlg anaheim

[quote name='gomikeoh']dont worry about this expansion ce selling out right now of pre orders. sc2 the first ce, also sold out on pre orders, but amazon kept putting them back up.

Anyways, I was honestly gravely dissapointed. I come from an era of playing Warcraft 1/2/3 all multiplayer or lan. Yes you heard me, all the way back to wc1. Played that when I was like 6-7 years old with my older brother. I remember having to upgrade to 16 megs of ram just to play it LOL.

Sc2 was highly anticipated for me when it came out... but maybe I am just getting old, or growing out of RTS titles...but it did not cure the itch for me.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Wait it out unless you're a huge SC fan, these CE's typically don't sell out so a few months down the road they can be had for pretty cheap. I bought the SC2 CE when it first came out and was kicking myself when I found it clearanced out at Fry's for the same price a regular copy, several months later.

I think with SC2 people were waiting a long time and they were expecting to see some solid enhancements to the system to make it more interesting. Much like how WC1, WC2 and WC3 all added things to make the games more complex from the predecessor. With SC2 it didn't really add anything, many of the units are the same and the only real change is the graphics. WC3 is easily one of my favorite RTS games from them.

bread's done
Back