Starfox $29.88 at Target YMMV

msdmoney

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I swear I have seen something similar hear, but I couldn't find the post.

Anyways I was at the Target on La Cienega in Los Angeles last night and they had a sign in front of StarFox saying it was $29.88 due to X-Men Legends being OOS. My guess is Target is using this instead of the rain checks substitution. Maybe they have other games substituted at other Targets.

It's not worth 50, thats for sure. I bought it on day one and beat all the missions in about 4 hours.multiplayer wasnt even as great as I was expecting it to be.

a rental, in my opinion

[quote name='Kwiet Storm']It's not worth 50, thats for sure. I bought it on day one and beat all the missions in about 4 hours.[/quote]

:shock: WTF?

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Kwiet Storm']It's not worth 50, thats for sure. I bought it on day one and beat all the missions in about 4 hours.[/quote]

:shock: WTF?[/quote]

Yep, a friend of mine said he beat it in one sitting. And that the on foot missions are simply not fun. I think I'll hold off on this one until I can get it for less than $20. I think it's going to drop pretty quickly.

Now the next question is, if they run out of Starfox, will Target put a game I want on sale for $30? Quick, everybody go out and buy Starfox.

I paid 30 for it, and, although mostly satified, I can tell that this game will drop like Starfox Adventures most likely.

[quote name='shipwreck'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Kwiet Storm']It's not worth 50, thats for sure. I bought it on day one and beat all the missions in about 4 hours.[/quote]

:shock: WTF?[/quote]

Yep, a friend of mine said he beat it in one sitting. And that the on foot missions are simply not fun. I think I'll hold off on this one until I can get it for less than $20. I think it's going to drop pretty quickly.

Now the next question is, if they run out of Starfox, will Target put a game I want on sale for $30? Quick, everybody go out and buy Starfox.[/quote]

yaeh, I agree like Star Wars: KOTOR 2.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='schultzed']Is it worth $30 . . .[/quote]

NO[/quote]

I felt duped with the $7 rental fee and I didn't even pay for the rental.

It's worth $30. The lenght didn't bother me, SF64 is one of the best games ever and it's shorter than this, but those foot missions need a serious overhaul.

Sounds like many of the same complaints the befell Rouge Leader II.

I don't know why Nintendo has farmed out the last two installments of StarFox. I've always been mixed on this franchise, I absolutely HATE the characters in it as far too cartoony, but the action and graphics have always made me buy it.

I haven't read one good thing about this game from any source or poster on several boards. I think I'm passing on this coaster of a disc.

Is it just me or is F-Zero the only franchise that got real love being farmed out to a third party? No, I'm not counting Metroid, they're second party.

I went to my Target -- plenty of X-Men Legends, so no go there. But then I realized: Even if I could get them to apply the 40% off to any t$50 GC title, what would I pick? I was surprised that I couldn't think of anything. (I was underwhelmed by the RE4 demo, but am willing to admit that maybe it's just not my game.) Maybe Paper Mario, but I'd like to try it out first.

Assault has great music (in fact, some of the best music I've heard in any game this generation) and the on-rails sections are fairly fun, but otherwise it's disapointing. Not as good as Starfox 64, but still a decent game overall. They REALLY need to just release a true Star Fox sequel though...64 was pretty much a remake and the rest were spinoffs. If only Star Fox 2 hadn't been canceled...

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='schultzed']Is it worth $30 . . .[/quote]

NO[/quote]

I felt duped with the $7 rental fee and I didn't even pay for the rental.[/quote]

yeah I felt the same way. my friend rented it from blockbuster and i played it . I really want that time back. This game is a HUGE disappointment after star fox 64. Even star fox adventures is better than this game.

In this game you can run around on foot and stand 2 inches in front of a room full of enemies and still not get killed immeaditily. The arwing missions are below average and all other missions are just abysmal.

It should be found for $15 in a few weeks. Nintendo really fucked themselves with the "let's lent them rent the game first", people saw how game the game really is and didn't buy it.

I will not buy it for the simple reason that it's not free flying like Star Wars games.

[quote name='dastly75'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='schultzed']Is it worth $30 . . .[/quote]

NO[/quote]

I felt duped with the $7 rental fee and I didn't even pay for the rental.[/quote]

yeah I felt the same way. my friend rented it from blockbuster and i played it . I really want that time back. This game is a HUGE disappointment after star fox 64. Even star fox adventures is better than this game.

In this game you can run around on foot and stand 2 inches in front of a room full of enemies and still not get killed immeaditily. The arwing missions are below average and all other missions are just abysmal.[/quote]

I agree, very disappointed with this game...for sure.

Well, I will also add my name to the "disappointed" list. Very easy, very boring, and most certainly not worth more than $20. Even the Arwing missions were a letdown.

And those ground missions sucked hard.

[quote name='David85']I will not buy it for the simple reason that it's not free flying like Star Wars games.[/quote]
Umm, most of the game is "free flying" (or at least you have the option of using the arwing in most of the non-rail shooting areas of the game). And that's what the problem is: the rail shooter sections are by far the best parts of the game, but it simply doesn't have very many of them compared to the on-foot and free-flight areas.

[quote name='Wario64']Confirmed nationwide?[/quote]

No XMEN legends at the Melbourne store... but I don't think Star Fox was the sub'd game...

Same here...slightly disappointed this time.
Also bought it during launch, but I just traded it in at Blockbuster for $35 store credit....(in case if anyone is interested)

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Sounds like many of the same complaints the befell Rouge Leader II.

I don't know why Nintendo has farmed out the last two installments of StarFox. I've always been mixed on this franchise, I absolutely HATE the characters in it as far too cartoony, but the action and graphics have always made me buy it.

I haven't read one good thing about this game from any source or poster on several boards. I think I'm passing on this coaster of a disc.

Is it just me or is F-Zero the only franchise that got real love being farmed out to a third party? No, I'm not counting Metroid, they're second party.[/quote]

The zelda gbc/gba games by Capcom have been pretty good....

Just a note here . . . it pays to ask (nicely) someone in electronics if they'll do the substitution on an OOS game. Ask for a raincheck and while they are printing it say . . . "can I do a substitution?"

I used rainchecks (that terrific Zelda WW SNAFU) at Target to buy 6 major holiday releases in Oct. and Nov. (like getting GTA SA for $16.88 :) ) but the policy and your ability to exploit it are YMMV.

I don't know why everyone is complaining about the game so much. It's not what it could've/should've been, but it's still a very good game. The Arwing missions are great. It feels much more free than the previous games, much less on-rails, even though it is.

And as for the music...Star Fox music with huge orchestras instead of midis and so forth...Wow.

I'd give it an 8, from what I've played.

The problem is that it is dated. It was delayed 8 months too, maybe it should have been delayed longer.

One person saying it was good out of 100 is not good. Some people also liked SF:A, about 1 in 1,000. I'm glad you liked it, but on a whole it seems I should just play SF64.

bread's done
Back