Stargate: Ark of Truth - Where will this be cheapest?

APreciousDragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (100%)
Hey! I hope I'm posting this in the right section.

I am looking to order this Stargate movie (coming out in March I believe) and saw it for 16.99 on Amazon. Anyone know if there will/is a better deal anywhere?

Thanks! : )

That sucks. Stargate Atlantis looks beautiful in HD... They are filming it with HD cameras, I suppose. Guess they don't see it as a profit just yet.

They'll have all us fans buying the DVD now, and in a year when the second movie comes out, they'll put out a super special edition of The Ark of Truth and a Blu-ray version so that we all have to buy it again.

[quote name='sman113']They'll have all us fans buying the DVD now, and in a year when the second movie comes out, they'll put out a super special edition of The Ark of Truth and a Blu-ray version so that we all have to buy it again.[/quote]

OK, maybe they should never have made the movies? Let's just end the series with "Unended" which was the worst of all the finales SG-1 ever had.

[quote name='bigdaddy']OK, maybe they should never have made the movies? Let's just end the series with "Unended" which was the worst of all the finales SG-1 ever had.[/QUOTE]

Are you really that bitter about the show? I see you post a variation of the same thing in any thread that has the word "Stargate SG-1" in it.

Whahuh? I loved "Unended", thought it was an excellent episode to wrap up the main series with. We already knew we were going to get more story from the SG universe, so it wasn't like they had to tie up every single story thread there.

[quote name='argyle']Whahuh? I loved "Unended", thought it was an excellent episode to wrap up the main series with. We already knew we were going to get more story from the SG universe, so it wasn't like they had to tie up every single story thread there.[/quote]

I just didnt like the fact that they decided to bring another evil race in and pretty much had what happened in the past 9 seasons wrapped into one season and then ended it without much closure.

[quote name='bigdaddy']After 10 years the finale was terrible, so what are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

Every deal or show related thread about Stargate SG-1 will pretty much have you in it placing some snide remark about the show. I'm not questioning your opinion - it just comes off like a pattern.

[quote name='karmapolice']I just didnt like the fact that they decided to bring another evil race in and pretty much had what happened in the past 9 seasons wrapped into one season and then ended it without much closure.[/QUOTE]

I think the problem was that they weren't expecting to be cancelled and didn't have sufficient time to wrap things up, although the 2nd movie is supposedly going to wrap up that Ori story.

(psst: it's Unending.)

[quote name='greydt']I think the problem was that they weren't expecting to be cancelled and didn't have sufficient time to wrap things up, although the 2nd movie is supposedly going to wrap up that Ori story.[/QUOTE]

Ark of Truth will wrap up the Ori storyline quite nicely. The second SG-1 movie, Continuum, will supposedly have a completely new storyline.

[quote name='kyouteki']
Ark of Truth will wrap up the Ori storyline quite nicely. The second SG-1 movie, Continuum, will supposedly have a completely new storyline.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for the correction! For some reason I kept thinking we'd have to wait longer of the two movies for the Ori resolution.

Looking forward to Ark of Truth even more then ;)

I watched this a month ago. It has been leaked to the net. I am still looking forward to the DVD release though. It is about the equivalent of watching two new episodes. It was good but not earth shattering.

The only thing that I know of from the Sci-fi Channel released in HD-DVD or Blu-Ray is Battlestar Galactica Season 1.

[quote name='Judhudson']That sucks. Stargate Atlantis looks beautiful in HD... They are filming it with HD cameras, I suppose. Guess they don't see it as a profit just yet.[/quote]

Stargate Atlantis is broadcast in HD? What channel?

[quote name='sman113']They'll have all us fans buying the DVD now, and in a year when the second movie comes out, they'll put out a super special edition of The Ark of Truth and a Blu-ray version so that we all have to buy it again.[/quote]

That's what downloading is for. . .don't get suckered in by the first crappy release.

[quote name='moonphrogg']Stargate Atlantis is broadcast in HD? What channel?

That's what downloading is for. . .don't get suckered in by the first crappy release.[/QUOTE]

its in HD on Sci-Fi HD. which is exacly the same as Sci-Fi, just in HD. even the old episodes before Sci-Fi HD came out (the end of last year), are in HD. though 4:3 still and i think they're unconverted then broadcast. the original ones that aired on showtime were in HD too. so it went HD, non-HD and now HD again.

I thought I saw an old episode of SG1 in HD, but I didn't know they were converted to HD.

Man I'd love HD versions of the Stargate series....Oh I can't imagine the price thou...Probably be around the same as Planet Earth if it was.

bread's done
Back