Steam Deal - GTA Complete. $12.50

DetroitRon

CAGiversary!
Yes, I know there is a steam thread but I noticed this weekends deal was not even on there.

This weekend 10/21 (Ends 10/24 @10am pst)
All Grand Theft Auto games are bundled at $12.50usd
GTA 1
GTA 2
GTA 3
GTA: Vice City
GTA: San Andreas
GTA 4
GTA 4: Episodes From Liberty City

Link Here

That's one hell of a collection.
Most of the GTA games are great.

Vice City is my favorite of the GTA games.
Gay Tony [in EFLC] is the closest GTA has been to Vice City in a while.

And everybody by now probably knows how great GTA4 is.

GTA3 and San Andreas were also great.

If you buy the package and already own GTA IV, Episodes from Liberty City and Vice City, do you get gift copies of those two games? I wouldn't mind replaying San Andreas and III and I've already wanted to play the first two games.

But, if I don't get gift copies of the games I already own I'll just wait for the Christmas Sale and hope GTA SA and III are $3.33 each again.

[quote name='avwjase']If you buy the package and already own GTA IV, Episodes from Liberty City and Vice City, do you get gift copies of those two games? I wouldn't mind replaying San Andreas and III and I've already wanted to play the first two games.

But, if I don't get gift copies of the games I already own I'll just wait for the Christmas Sale and hope GTA SA and III are $3.33 each again.[/QUOTE]
yea that's usually how it works. if a pack that you buy has games that you already own, you get to gift them.

incredible deal though. i don't have any of these games. does gta4 run smoother on PC than it does on the 360? the laggyness of the video on 360 was what made me stop playing and sell my copy.

[quote name='avwjase']If you buy the package and already own GTA IV, Episodes from Liberty City and Vice City, do you get gift copies of those two games? I wouldn't mind replaying San Andreas and III and I've already wanted to play the first two games.

But, if I don't get gift copies of the games I already own I'll just wait for the Christmas Sale and hope GTA SA and III are $3.33 each again.[/QUOTE]

Someone in the main thread said they weren't given a giftable copy on a game they own. Link to the post http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8976669&postcount=2989

On top of that, you can get the first two games free on www.rockstargames.com/classics/ . Just make sure you say you're over 21 or it won't send the link.

[quote name='malfuncti0n']yea that's usually how it works. if a pack that you buy has games that you already own, you get to gift them.[/QUOTE]

Not true, there is a very select list of games that are giftable.

[quote name='malfuncti0n']incredible deal though. i don't have any of these games. does gta4 run smoother on PC than it does on the 360? the laggyness of the video on 360 was what made me stop playing and sell my copy.[/QUOTE]

Not unless you have the hardware. GTAIV on PC is fucking horribly optimized and runs like absolute shit on anything other than a very modern beefy system. I'm on a SLI GTX460 rig and while it looks better than the console versions it's still not as good as it could look.

Good deal. I previously paid $17.48 in two bundles to get whats offered here in one bundle. I could have saved $5 now instead of adding to the backlog. Oh well.

[quote name='malfuncti0n']incredible deal though. i don't have any of these games. does gta4 run smoother on PC than it does on the 360? the laggyness of the video on 360 was what made me stop playing and sell my copy.[/QUOTE]

On a good PC it will run much better, but it can be misleading because in addition to limiting which options you can increase based on your video RAM (although this can be worked around), the near-low settings are equivalent to what the console versions ran at, so even at around the mid-range point it will require a pretty decent system to run well. It still has the occasional chug, but not as bad as the console versions which seemed to randomly drop to 15FPS or so from time to time. Oh, and they also updated the PC version a year or so back to use a new shadowing system which looked and ran better than the old one that it used.

Here's a video showing the differences in performance between the versions; if you have an i5/7, it should run even better than this on the PC (especially since this video is from release when the shadows were less efficient):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0RS1vaHkdk

thanks for the advice. i have an i7, pretty beefy setup. i poured a ton of money into it to replace my 360, but i can't seem to actually make the jump completely. i think i'll grab this though.

I want to get GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas for Steam since my old ps2 copies look horrible on HDTV, but I heard connecting an xbox controller is not that easy and you need to use other software in order to get it working. I already got GTA IV from the summer sale for $10 too. Hmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this on slickdeals a couple days ago, so I bought it then. Good deal. Only thing is that GTA IV and GTA Episodes from Liberty City are both over 15,000mb apiece... and I have the crappiest internet service ala Clearwire.

bread's done
Back