Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gcorlett']??

It seems pretty clear to me that they are featuring each of the older games in the combo pack for 1 day each on deep discount. So far, 2 days, 2 games. 2 days to go, 2 games to go. They haven't said it explicitly, but "1 game each day" for 4 days, when there's 4 games... it doesn't take a genius to connect those dots.

Do you know better, or are you just trying to squelch JakeNome's enthusiasm?[/QUOTE]

They had Empire and Rome already. Today is Medieval II. Tomorrow will be Napoleon Imperial Edition. They are putting each of the games (not including Shogun 2) that are in the collection pack on sale daily. They aren't putting all-inclusive games up for sale. Even the DLC hasn't been discounted. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out.

[quote name='shingletingle']They had Empire and Rome already. Today is Medieval II. Tomorrow will be Napoleon Imperial Edition. They are putting each of the games (not including Shogun 2) that are in the collection pack on sale daily. They aren't putting all-inclusive games up for sale. Even the DLC hasn't been discounted. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out.[/QUOTE]

Right. That's what I said. And that's what JakeNome said in response to ShadowJT's comment that he hopes they have a deal for Napoleon.

I think you thought he was replying to someone else's comment.

Whatever. I think we all see how it works. Pce.

[quote name='Nazgul11']Medieval II is now $2.50. Might jump on that as well...[/QUOTE]

Amazon has Medieval II Gold Edition for $5 and still has Rome Gold for $2.50. Decisions.....:bomb:

[quote name='paulcalypse']I'm a steam purist so I ha to go with the steam version over amazon. I would like the expansion pack for medieval though...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the expansion makes it hard (whether you want it or not). I also don't like having to be signed into an account to use my games. I couldn't use any of my Steam games for months when my wife was addicted to Plants vs Zombies and then we got ripped when I tried to do offline mode and her Plants file was erased because of the cloud save. I also couldn't get in to offline mode if I was previously online and she was online in a middle of a game- I don't like being controlled and not having the freedom to play the games I own. Maybe I'm just a Steam newb.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Yeah, the expansion makes it hard (whether you want it or not). I also don't like having to be signed into an account to use my games. I couldn't use any of my Steam games for months when my wife was addicted to Plants vs Zombies and then we got ripped when I tried to do offline mode and her Plants file was erased because of the cloud save. I also couldn't get in to offline mode if I was previously online and she was online in a middle of a game- I don't like being controlled and not having the freedom to play the games I own. Maybe I'm just a Steam newb.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like she needs her own Steam account.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Yeah, the expansion makes it hard (whether you want it or not). I also don't like having to be signed into an account to use my games. I couldn't use any of my Steam games for months when my wife was addicted to Plants vs Zombies and then we got ripped when I tried to do offline mode and her Plants file was erased because of the cloud save. I also couldn't get in to offline mode if I was previously online and she was online in a middle of a game- I don't like being controlled and not having the freedom to play the games I own. Maybe I'm just a Steam newb.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen. My cloud save jacked up my save game which I had put like 70 hours in to....also screwed up my torchlight save which had about 120 hours.

i think you can disable the cloud individually for each game. i could be wrong, but i feel like ive seen that option somewhere. i wish ALL games had steam cloud since i alternate btwn my laptop and desktop very often.

[quote name='JakeNome']i think you can disable the cloud individually for each game. i could be wrong, but i feel like ive seen that option somewhere. i wish ALL games had steam cloud since i alternate btwn my laptop and desktop very often.[/QUOTE]

Find your game that you want to disable "Steam Cloud Synchronization" for. Switch game view modes from grid to list. Right click it, go into properties. Look for the "Updates" tab. Uncheck "Enable Steam cloud synchronization." That should disable it for that game.

If you want to disable it across all games, do it in Settings->Downloads+Cloud->Uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud Synchronization for those games that support it". I imagine you could do this and then re-enable it for select games that you DO want to use it for if you more often than not find it unnecessary or annoying.

I'm debating Medieval or not. I love Steam, I'd rather have it there than Amazon's service, and yet I THINK I want that expansion. Problem is, at least with Rome I had people on Steam's forums saying, "That expansion sucks, don't worry about it."

In this case, no one's commenting on whether the expansion's any good or not. Which suggests it probably is worth buying. AND YET I don't want to pay $5 for this game, I want it for $3. Beyond the $2.50, it's not worth it, but AT $2.50, I'm like, "Eh." SO THE DECISION IS MADE.

Thanks guys, you all are such great listeners. :p

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Find your game that you want to disable "Steam Cloud Synchronization" for. Switch game view modes from grid to list. Right click it, go into properties. Look for the "Updates" tab. Uncheck "Enable Steam cloud synchronization." That should disable it for that game.

If you want to disable it across all games, do it in Settings->Downloads+Cloud->Uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud Synchronization for those games that support it". I imagine you could do this and then re-enable it for select games that you DO want to use it for if you more often than not find it unnecessary or annoying.

I'm debating Medieval or not. I love Steam, I'd rather have it there than Amazon's service, and yet I THINK I want that expansion. Problem is, at least with Rome I had people on Steam's forums saying, "That expansion sucks, don't worry about it."

In this case, no one's commenting on whether the expansion's any good or not. Which suggests it probably is worth buying. AND YET I don't want to pay $5 for this game, I want it for $3. Beyond the $2.50, it's not worth it, but AT $2.50, I'm like, "Eh." SO THE DECISION IS MADE.

Thanks guys, you all are such great listeners. :p[/QUOTE]

Hehe any time, I was doing the same thing :) For me, I don't want to pay $5 but I want to get it on Amazon :( I heard the expansion is pretty good with campaigns in the new world. I have also read there are lots of bugs with the game loading and some people can't get the main game to work. Not sure if it is a Steam thing or just the game (there was 1 bad review on Amazon for that reason) so I am a little aprehensive to buy this over Rome even though Med seems better.

About Steam cloud, I didn't see that option to disable cloud for individual games, just auto updates- maybe it varies by game. I can't do complete disable cloud since my Killing Floor profile with be at level 0. Just a mess, like someone else said, I should have got a seperate account for my wife. Never thought something like this would happen though.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I had the same thing happen. My cloud save jacked up my save game which I had put like 70 hours in to....also screwed up my torchlight save which had about 120 hours.[/QUOTE]

I understand what you guys are saying. My husband and I each have our own Steam accounts, but Torchlight is on my account. My husband already played and beat the game, so almost all the achievements have been received through him. Takes away a little of the fun to know that I don't get to earn them myself when I decide to play the game, which will likely be soon, what with all the attention the game is getting again.

These days, when we make a new purchase, we try to put a game on the account of the person more likely to enjoy the purchase. We will log into each other's account and play games, except in the case that the Cloud would mess things up. Luckily, Torchlight supports multiple files.

I know we're unique as we're a gaming household. My husband is primarily a PC gamer, while I alternate mainly between my DSi and our 360. So if someone is playing one system, odds are the other person can find something to play on another system.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I understand what you guys are saying. My husband and I each have our own Steam accounts, but Torchlight is on my account. My husband already played and beat the game, so almost all the achievements have been received through him. Takes away a little of the fun to know that I don't get to earn them myself when I decide to play the game, which will likely be soon, what with all the attention the game is getting again.

These days, when we make a new purchase, we try to put a game on the account of the person more likely to enjoy the purchase. We will log into each other's account and play games, except in the case that the Cloud would mess things up. Luckily, Torchlight supports multiple files.

I know we're unique as we're a gaming household. My husband is primarily a PC gamer, while I alternate mainly between my DSi and our 360. So if someone is playing one system, odds are the other person can find something to play on another system.[/QUOTE]

My wife is slowly starting to play more and more games and we are running in to stuff like this more and more. Her activating or deactivating things I do not want her to, getting achievements I wanted to work to get and of course the worst of all....games we both want to play that for some idiotic reason only have 1 save file.....

[quote name='Needles-Kane']About Steam cloud, I didn't see that option to disable cloud for individual games, just auto updates- maybe it varies by game. [/QUOTE]

Right click on the game title in your Library. Select Properties and then the Update Tab. Uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for (insert game name here)"

I recall Plants vs Zombies having a Steam Cloud issue when they first switched the game over to include that service. Everyone had problems with it and it has been corrected since.

[quote name='MSI Magus']My wife is slowly starting to play more and more games and we are running in to stuff like this more and more. Her activating or deactivating things I do not want her to, getting achievements I wanted to work to get and of course the worst of all....games we both want to play that for some idiotic reason only have 1 save file.....[/QUOTE]

I am a fan of Steam, but I admit this happened to me, too. My wife and kids like some of the casual games that I have bought through the years.

My solution: I made a 2nd account in my wife's name. Whenever I buy a game that I think they'd like, I just get it for that 2nd account. I know the password, so I can play the game if I want to, but most of the time it lets them play undisturbed, and they don't get into my stuff. I like casual games, but generally I only need a few hours to finish them, and I have no interest in playing a second time.

On several occasions, I've bought 2nd copies so each account has the same game, but only when those games go on super-deep discount. I just chalk it up as the price of using Steam... great discounts, but sometimes you end up buying twice.

I'd be interested in learning how others deal with this. I don't find that the whole online/offline solution is very good. It's too easy to mess up and kick the other person off their game.

[quote name='hal']Right click on the game title in your Library. Select Properties and then the Update Tab. Uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for (insert game name here)"

I recall Plants vs Zombies having a Steam Cloud issue when they first switched the game over to include that service. Everyone had problems with it and it has been corrected since.[/QUOTE]

I see that option now, not every game has it, just PvZ that I looked at (Killing Floor didn't for some reason). I know others are still having problems with that game's cloud- frequent topic on that forum.

Not glad, but at least I know other people are struggling with Steam's control of your games and clould sync. Maybe I'll just stick with Amazon.

To add something more on topic, Rome Gold is $2.50 and Med2 Gold is $5 still on Amazon if you wanted and missed the Steam price.

[quote name='gcorlett']I am a fan of Steam, but I admit this happened to me, too. My wife and kids like some of the casual games that I have bought through the years.

My solution: I made a 2nd account in my wife's name. Whenever I buy a game that I think they'd like, I just get it for that 2nd account. I know the password, so I can play the game if I want to, but most of the time it lets them play undisturbed, and they don't get into my stuff. I like casual games, but generally I only need a few hours to finish them, and I have no interest in playing a second time.

On several occasions, I've bought 2nd copies so each account has the same game, but only when those games go on super-deep discount. I just chalk it up as the price of using Steam... great discounts, but sometimes you end up buying twice.

I'd be interested in learning how others deal with this. I don't find that the whole online/offline solution is very good. It's too easy to mess up and kick the other person off their game.[/QUOTE]

I think Steam will eventually realize this is a growing problem and start having "secondary" accounts under a "main account" where users can have fresh achievements for each secondary, but still have access to the main account's games. I imagine such accounts would be subject to greater IP address scrutiny and name comparison between secondary and primary accounts to ensure that people were not just renting out their account.

It seems inevitable that families should be able to individually use content that the family has purchased and get all of the value from it. This would continue Steam's march toward making the consoles irrelevant.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I think Steam will eventually realize this is a growing problem and start having "secondary" accounts under a "main account" where users can have fresh achievements for each secondary, but still have access to the main account's games. I imagine such accounts would be subject to greater IP address scrutiny and name comparison between secondary and primary accounts to ensure that people were not just renting out their account.

It seems inevitable that families should be able to individually use content that the family has purchased and get all of the value from it. This would continue Steam's march toward making the consoles irrelevant.[/QUOTE]

That's not going to happen. None of their current distribution agreements account for something like that. Steam accounts are not to be shared, period, and they're not going to implement a feature to facilitate that.

[quote name='jimbodan']How is Napoleon: Total War Imperial Edition? I'm on the fence about picking it up.[/QUOTE]

A retail (stand-alone) copy will activate on Steam, give you the 10 units advertised on the Steam page (Heroes of Nap. Wars) and give you the otherwise unavailable on Steam 5-unit "Elite Regiment" pack. Though they may make their way to the store eventually.

Also, it seems as though purchasers of Shogun 2 can buy the remaining four-title pack for $15 or gift it.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']That's not going to happen. None of their current distribution agreements account for something like that. Steam accounts are not to be shared, period, and they're not going to implement a feature to facilitate that.[/QUOTE]

I agree. There is nothing for them to "eventually realize" - they pretty much get it right now. It's not complicated. Either they don't have a way to fix it, or don't wish to.

I can't think of a way to allow sharing access to Steam accounts that wouldn't invite abuse.

Except for one - let you be logged into two machines at the same time, but not play the same game at the same time. But that scenario implicitly suggests that you're sharing your account with someone else, which is a steam no-no.

So -- what we have now is pretty much what we get. It's not perfect, that's for sure.

Personally, I don't think Steam is being unreasonable here.

While you give up some things compared to buying a physical non-Steam game (the ability to resell, the ability to use on more than one machine...not at the same time of course, because that would be in violation of the original EULA for most games) you are also getting nearly all of your Steam games at 75% off retail (or you should be). So you could buy the game for 2 different accounts and still save 50% of retail...with the added benefit of being able to play the same game on two machines at the same time (good option for MP games).

I'm as much of a CAG as anyone else, but there's a difference between "cheap" and "greedy". Cheap is looking for the best deals that someone is offering willingly. Greedy is trying to manipulate the system or taking something that someone clearly doesn't want to give you on your chosen terms. I know that sometimes when you get a good deal it is tempting to want even more, but this site is for CAGs, not GAGs :lol:

That said, there could be some opportunities in the future for Steam to offer something like a family account, but I can easily understand why they aren't doing it right now. Their service and prices are already pretty good and the competition is pretty far behind in most cases. Maybe if the competition offered something like this Steam might feel pressure to do something similar.

In the meantime, I think a second account for the family to share is probably the best option (next to buying retail physical copies).

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Personally, I don't think Steam is being unreasonable here.

While you give up some things compared to buying a physical non-Steam game (the ability to resell, the ability to use on more than one machine...not at the same time of course, because that would be in violation of the original EULA for most games) you are also getting nearly all of your Steam games at 75% off retail (or you should be). So you could buy the game for 2 different accounts and still save 50% of retail...with the added benefit of being able to play the same game on two machines at the same time (good option for MP games).

I'm as much of a CAG as anyone else, but there's a difference between "cheap" and "greedy". Cheap is looking for the best deals that someone is offering willingly. Greedy is trying to manipulate the system or taking something that someone clearly doesn't want to give you on your chosen terms. I know that sometimes when you get a good deal it is tempting to want even more, but this site is for CAGs, not GAGs :lol:

That said, there could be some opportunities in the future for Steam to offer something like a family account, but I can easily understand why they aren't doing it right now. Their service and prices are already pretty good and the competition is pretty far behind in most cases. Maybe if the competition offered something like this Steam might feel pressure to do something similar.

In the meantime, I think a second account for the family to share is probably the best option (next to buying retail physical copies).[/QUOTE]

My problem wasn't trying to have 2 people play the same game online with the same account. My problem was trying to play 2 different games I paid for on 2 seperate machines while not having the cloud screw someone over. I didn't pay for the account, I paid for the games. Yes, multiple accounts is the answer but I didn't know this at the time and should I make a new account for every single game I buy in case someone else wants to play a game?

[quote name='Needles-Kane']My problem wasn't trying to have 2 people play the same game online with the same account. My problem was trying to play 2 different games I paid for on 2 seperate machines while not having the cloud screw someone over. I didn't pay for the account, I paid for the games. Yes, multiple accounts is the answer but I didn't know this at the time and should I make a new account for every single game I buy in case someone else wants to play a game?[/QUOTE]

Understood and it is a honest mistake if you are used to buying retail games where each game stands on its own. But I think one of the key reasons Steam is able to offer such big discounts is because of the limitations of having it tied to an account that is tied to a single person. That might not have been obvious before, but that's the way it is.

I think the "right" solution (from a Steam perspective) is to have a separate account for each person in your family and you buy each game for the person that wants it under their account. If you want the same game (after maybe trying it out under their account) then you buy it again under your account.

The alternative is to buy physical games with licensing that allow installation on multiple machines as long as you don't run the app on more than one at the same time. Unfortunately, these versions often cost more than the Steam versions, but it sounds like it might provide you with the flexibility you desire.

Or you could just buy games from GOG, which have no DRM. Unfortunately, you'll be limited to mostly older games.

I'm not sure how games purchased through Amazon are licensed, but I'm under the impression it is more similar to Steam than it is to retail versions.

You do have choices, but unfortunately one of this isn't "Get games on Steam at Steam prices without Steam restrictions."

[quote name='DarkonJohn']The alternative is to buy physical games with licensing that allow installation on multiple machines as long as you don't run the app on more than one at the same time. Unfortunately, these versions often cost more than the Steam versions, but it sounds like it might provide you with the flexibility you desire.[/quote]
Uh...that is exactly what Steam does.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Uh...that is exactly what Steam does.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? I thought with Steam it would read like this "...as long as you don't run the app OR ANY OTHER GAME PURCHASED UNDER THE SAME ACCOUNT on more than one computer at the same time."

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']The Oddbox, which includes every Oddworld game available on Steam, is half-off again at $12.49.

Additionally, each game within the Oddbox is discounted at 50% if bought separately.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6951/[/QUOTE]

I bought this when it first came out but didn't play much due to the many bug reports, especially with Strangers Wrath. Just looked and they show an update was released back in January so I might give it another shot.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']I bought this when it first came out but didn't play much due to the many bug reports, especially with Strangers Wrath. Just looked and they show an update was released back in January so I might give it another shot.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly the new update for Strangers Wrath comes out today which updates the graphics to make it comparable to the PS3 port.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Supposedly the new update for Strangers Wrath comes out today which updates the graphics to make it comparable to the PS3 port.[/QUOTE]

Even better! I was hoping they were going to include that as a free update.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Are you sure? I thought with Steam it would read like this "...as long as you don't run the app OR ANY OTHER GAME PURCHASED UNDER THE SAME ACCOUNT on more than one computer at the same time."[/QUOTE]

You know what would be great? If you buy a Steam game (on sale, like usual), then you are allowed to gift one more copy at the sale price, within 14 days.

That would rock. I never buy a second copy at full price, I just wait months and months for it to go on sale again.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Are you sure? I thought with Steam it would read like this "...as long as you don't run the app OR ANY OTHER GAME PURCHASED UNDER THE SAME ACCOUNT on more than one computer at the same time."[/QUOTE]

You're writing is really confusing. You can have all of your Steam games installed on as many machines as you want, but you can only be actively logged in and playing games on one machine at a given moment.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Supposedly the new update for Strangers Wrath comes out today which updates the graphics to make it comparable to the PS3 port.[/QUOTE]
Bullshit. The PS3 version isn't even done yet. Just Add Water is a fairly incompetent developer, and I highly doubt that they could have so much work done already.

Where did you hear this?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']You're writing is really confusing. You can have all of your Steam games installed on as many machines as you want, but you can only be actively logged in and playing games on one machine at a given moment.

Bullshit. The PS3 version isn't even done yet. Just Add Water is a fairly incompetent developer, and I highly doubt that they could have so much work done already.

Where did you hear this?[/QUOTE]

Apparently on this forum major patches will be out today.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1774401

The wikipedia article also says that the PC version will be getting the PS3 enhancements - but that could be wrong because it is wikipedia. I'm assuming that will be coming later this year so not today.

This is just what I inferred from the forums.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Apparently on this forum major patches will be out today.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1774401

The wikipedia article also says that the PC version will be getting the PS3 enhancements - but that could be wrong because it is wikipedia. I'm assuming that will be coming later this year so not today.

This is just what I inferred from the forums.[/QUOTE]

I just read the Steam thread and that's a reasonable inference. Sounds like the update may be up now (at least for some people) or should be coming any day/hour/minute.

think ons solution to the multiple users dilemma under the current processes, would be to have a "license fee" where it would be a small amount, much smaller than the price of a full game for multiple accounts. Not an ideal plan bit it may appeal to developers who have the most say in these things. I also hold steam in little to no blame in this conundrum, they have to answer to the publisher and developers that use steam, which is why you never see a pack that has gift-able games if you already have them. Notice that valve will generally let you gift any extra copies of a game you have.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']think ons solution to the multiple users dilemma under the current processes, would be to have a "license fee" where it would be a small amount, much smaller than the price of a full game for multiple accounts. Not an ideal plan bit it may appeal to developers who have the most say in these things. I also hold steam in little to no blame in this conundrum, they have to answer to the publisher and developers that use steam, which is why you never see a pack that has gift-able games if you already have them. Notice that valve will generally let you gift any extra copies of a game you have.[/QUOTE]

To a certain degree, the 75% off deals let you get multiple copies (or just one) at a steep discount. There have also been several times where they offered multi-license purchases that could be gifted (especially during the holiday season), so this is something they could possibly offer for more games w/o making major changes to their business model.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']I just read the Steam thread and that's a reasonable inference. Sounds like the update may be up now (at least for some people) or should be coming any day/hour/minute.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to infer anything about the patch. The specifically list what features today's patch will have, and there is nothing about the PS3 enhancements.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Understood and it is a honest mistake if you are used to buying retail games where each game stands on its own. But I think one of the key reasons Steam is able to offer such big discounts is because of the limitations of having it tied to an account that is tied to a single person. That might not have been obvious before, but that's the way it is.

I think the "right" solution (from a Steam perspective) is to have a separate account for each person in your family and you buy each game for the person that wants it under their account. If you want the same game (after maybe trying it out under their account) then you buy it again under your account.

The alternative is to buy physical games with licensing that allow installation on multiple machines as long as you don't run the app on more than one at the same time. Unfortunately, these versions often cost more than the Steam versions, but it sounds like it might provide you with the flexibility you desire.

Or you could just buy games from GOG, which have no DRM. Unfortunately, you'll be limited to mostly older games.

I'm not sure how games purchased through Amazon are licensed, but I'm under the impression it is more similar to Steam than it is to retail versions.

You do have choices, but unfortunately one of this isn't "Get games on Steam at Steam prices without Steam restrictions."[/QUOTE]

Actually, now we get Steam prices not on Steam and without being controlled. Amazon is price matching most things Steam is doing (still have all the Total Wars on sale) and their only "control" is signing into your Amazon account to download the game. You can DL as much as you want and do not need to be signed in again. You are at the mercy of any DRM the developers have put in the game though. Still not as good as physical copies (without heavy DRM) but second best I would say. Nice since I have a lot of credit from trading games in there too :)

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Actually, now we get Steam prices not on Steam and without being controlled. Amazon is price matching most things Steam is doing (still have all the Total Wars on sale) and their only "control" is signing into your Amazon account to download the game.[/quote]
And all you lose is everything else Steam offers.

Still not as good as physical copies (without heavy DRM)
Which are getting fairly scarce these days.

[youtube]jggbj3g4iOQ[/youtube][youtube]UZVAmdZHgY4[/youtube]

Steam Games on Sale - Updated 3/15

[youtube]ZtttvaTjl8U[/youtube][youtube]uAxRCY1FmXs[/youtube]

DLC on Sale - Updated 3/12

As much as I hate to say it, I don't think DogFighter was even worth the 1.50 I spent on it a while back. It's just a super generic action flight game. I played a total of 50 minutes since I got it months ago.

That said, it's hard to go wrong for only 2.50. But if you value your time more than your money, it's not worth it.

Warning - Dogfighter is barely playable without a controller. There are keyboard/mouse controls, and you can use them to get through the tutorial, but it's very difficult to compete in this game without some sort of analog (joystick) controller. Even the bots will destroy you if you're playing solo.

My two cents.

I have to agree, I got Dogfighter for $1.50 or $1.80 some time ago and I found it rather poor. The tutorial did a terrible job of teaching the basics, it was basically broken as far as I'm concerned, and if memory serves you are forced to play through it before starting the single player. I never made it past it.

To add to that the music in my opinion is terrible and super obnoxious and very loud at default even in the menus. Thankfully you can turn it off, which I did promptly.

Edit: I did play it with a controller, it didn't help.

I agree about DogFighter's music, but... The devs have updated the game several times, so it wouldn't hurt to give the game another shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back