Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
I want bit.trip but I have Audiosurf and Beat Hazard already :(

If I get the pack, does it give me Audiosurf and Beat Hazard to gift since I already have them? I could gift my extra copy to ZF in exchange for something.

[quote name='Scorch']I want bit.trip but I have Audiosurf and Beat Hazard already :(

If I get the pack, does it give me Audiosurf and Beat Hazard to gift since I already have them? I could gift my extra copy to ZF in exchange for something.[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='paz9x']amnesia would be great at that price, Ive been waiting for a sale on that.[/QUOTE]

i got it at 15 bucks, and personally i think its worth every penny. next to penumbra (same devs) its the only game in the last 6 years to make me fear quit

I just played Bit Trip Beat and didnt like it at all. Beat Hazard is amazing. About to play Audiosurf now. The guys that make these indie games are clearly major phychonauts!

I'm gonna pass on this Indie Pulse pack. I already have Audiosurf, and the other games don't interest me that much.

I hope they have an India RPG pack today or tomorrow.

[quote name='TheArmoredVirus']i got it at 15 bucks, and personally i think its worth every penny. next to penumbra (same devs) its the only game in the last 6 years to make me fear quit[/QUOTE]

Have you ever heard of the Novint Falcon? It's like a force feedback mouse where you feel the weight of objects and lets you "feel" the world around you.. I want it, but it's $280 on their site.. it was $200 last Christmas, so keep an eye on it and see if it goes on sale. Check this out (nsfw for language):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YOIiAws2Tw

(Only mentioning this since it works with Penumbra.. watch around 3:20)

[quote name='Scorch']Have you ever heard of the Novint Falcon? It's like a force feedback mouse where you feel the weight of objects and lets you "feel" the world around you.. I want it, but it's $280 on their site.. it was $200 last Christmas, so keep an eye on it and see if it goes on sale. Check this out (nsfw for language):

(Only mentioning this since it works with Penumbra.. watch around 3:20)[/QUOTE]

OH GOD MY VIRGIN EARS NOOOOOO

and thats incredible man, im surprised i havent heard of it. since its been released ive though that penumbra/ amnesia and condemned would be great games to use with the PS Move, but this thing would blow both it out of the water

Yeah, I made a thread about it earlier this year in the PC gaming forum and hoped that someone had some hands on time with it, but they hadn't. I saw it during a CompUSA going-out-of-business sale for $75, they had three.. I went home, checked reviews, went back to get it, and they were gone. I've wanted it since. I want to play Team Fortress, Crysis and Penumbra with it. There's a bundle with the pistol grip on eBay with a BIN for $200.. hopefully Novint puts new ones on sale this holiday season.

Here's a list of games supported: http://home.novint.com/games/

Had no idea that COD4 and Blops were supported. Those would be awesome with force feedback. Beat Hazard's supported as well! So is Mass Effect 2 and Fallout: New Vegas! I've waited this long, though, I can hold out for a sale..

[quote name='TheArmoredVirus']i got it at 15 bucks, and personally i think its worth every penny. next to penumbra (same devs) its the only game in the last 6 years to make me fear quit[/QUOTE]

it probably is worth full price. it just doesnt make sense for me to pay full price.

Man, yesterday's sales were the hardest to pass up. I'm still contemplating 1 or 2 things. I wanted like 2/3 of the games, but I have such a huge backlog that I can't justify spending money on games that I know I won't play much no matter how good the price. Arggh. I know I'll get Lara Croft and GTA if they ever go lower in the future. At least I did get in on Nyxquest for 1.50. Yay!

Now for another set of deals to contemplate....

[quote name='nny']Man, yesterday's sales were the hardest to pass up. I'm still contemplating 1 or 2 things. I wanted like 2/3 of the games, but I have such a huge backlog that I can't justify spending money on games that I know I won't play much no matter how good the price. Arggh. I know I'll get Lara Croft and GTA if they ever go lower in the future. At least I did get in on Nyxquest for 1.50. Yay!

Now for another set of deals to contemplate....[/QUOTE]

I was the complete opposite. I thought yesterday's deals were terrible. Didn't even consider a single one. COD4 for $14.99 was a slap in the face if anything. Hoping today is better.

[quote name='JP']Awesomeness. Page loading problems.[/QUOTE]

*is sitting here all stinky like after working out because he was waiting for the sale to go live*
UPDATE BEFORE MY SMELL OVERWHELMS MY FAMILY!

[quote name='Scorch']Weird. They're usually right on time with this stuff.[/QUOTE]

Weirdest thing is yesterdays deals are no longer the main page, instead its replaced by a more normal everyday page.

I'm thinking it's just technical problems - if you look at the "specials" tab, yesterdays deals are still live. Seems like they're just updating it.

[quote name='Clarke']Someone would have been stampeded right now if Steam was a real store.[/QUOTE]

Good thing it isn't then.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Ehhh, they're having trouble getting the new deals up

Not a problem because nothing can sell out[/QUOTE]

Not true - when Prey went down to $1 or $2, they ran out of CD Keys.

Today's deals are up ! - Splinter Cell Conviction, Street Fighter IV, World of Goo, Orange Box for $7.50 - the first three games don't have their prices up yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back