Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow today's deals are pretty crummy. I'm...not sure how to handle this, I'm not used to a bad steam sale.

Though I noticed they stealth-snuck Recettear into the $5 pack...hmmm.

Indie story pack looks pretty good. Will Recettear go lower than $5 by itself? I'm considering just getting the pack even if it takes me forever to get to the other stuff.

Hosting a PQ2 Pack. Check this post for status.

1. Xedeus (Redeemed)
2. SScorpio (Redeemed)
3. IncYR (sent to e-mail)
4. buttasuberb (Redeemed)
5. jim5364 (Redeemed)
6. eastx (Redeemed)

7. MSI Magus (Redeemed)
8. swatman (Redeemed)
9. silent h3ro (Redeemed)
10. (Reserve a moi.)

Before people flip out about the lack of front page deals, there are 813 games listed under $10 and 303 games under $5. Might be something good in there assuming the servers get back up

[quote name='Chacrana']Wow. Today's deals fucking suck. Kane and Lynch 2 for any amount of money is a slap in the face.[/QUOTE]

Recettear for $5 is a fantastic deal and getting 4 games with it is a huge bonus.

In for the Indie Story pack today. Not feeling too bad that i paid around $13 for the AA GOTY a month or two ago. You can't beat it for 10 bucks today.

[quote name='animalspinners']That Indie Story Pack for $5 is an AMAZING deal.

Recettear is worth $5 alone!!![/QUOTE]

EVERY game in that pack is worth $5. I'm not sure why people are bitching about there being no good deals today - that pack is stellar, and easily the best indie bundle I can remember Steam offering.

Puzzle Quest 2 is tempting, but grad school has left me with virtually no time at all for gaming. Even at $3.50... :whistle2:k

After looking at the games in the Indie Pack I jumped it. Looks like I will get more than my money's worth out of it :D

I'm in for Puzzle Quest 2 if anybody ends up setting up a group. I've had my eye on it for awhile, and it will never be cheaper than $3.50! I'll even host, but I'm leaving for my in-laws right now and won't be back until tonight. If nobody has put a group together, I'll put one together tonight.

Going to get that indie story pack. Even if Recettear goes on sale for cheaper alone or in a bundle, 5 games for $5 is an amazing deal!

I'm hosting a L4D2 pack. Keep in mind I have 6 copies since I already owned one before hand. PM me if you want in, I'm just doing this for you guys. :)

1. Phrozenx
2. maingon

Instructions:

1. Include in the PM your Steam Username.
2. I will attempt to send a friend request to your Steam User and I'll gift the game.
3. After receiving the game (yes I'll do my part first) send amount to paypal address supplied, via Personal Payment (no fees).
4. If you do not receive my friend request, let me know via PM.
5. Once the gift has been sent, Feedback should be left by both parties on the CAG system.

Today's trailers:

[youtube]YmRN3AFRbZA[/youtube][youtube]G4DsD6SOoXs[/youtube]
[youtube]r9fSkcAYyZ8[/youtube][youtube]AB_OQDAaX-0[/youtube]
[youtube]cx7y70IFRCQ[/youtube][youtube]zxf9DdTjz2U[/youtube]

The Indie Story Pack includes Recettear, which is easily worth $5 on its own. You'd be crazy not to get it!

Going to get the indie story pack today! Maybe PQ2 if someone makes a group for it.

Btw, if anyone is interested in Audiosurf mayeb wait until the indie Pulse package comes out, it's $5 and comes with 4 other games too.

[quote name='cheapo72']Hosting a PQ2 Pack. Check this post for status.[/QUOTE]I wouldn't mind getting in on this if you still need more people. I can't see PQ2 getting any cheaper. :D

Once someone gifts a game to you can you regift? Id be down for a L4d2 but Id want to regift to a buddy once he gets he steam account up.

I highly recommend Defense Grid if you do not have it. I played through it on both 360 and PC and still go back every now and then to play it. It is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back