Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Indie Clever Pack $4.99
Blur $14.99
Arma II: Operation Arrowhead $19.99
Empire: Total War $14.99
Torchlight $5
Tropico 3: Gold edition $29.99
Machinarium $5
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Gold Edition $13.60
Burnout Paradise Ultimate $14.99

Gift pack deals
Freedom Force 10 Pack - $7.49
Portal 6 pack - $14.99
Warhammer Dawn of War II Chaos Rising 8 pack - $39.99
Empire Total War 6 pack - $59.99

Machinarium and Indie Clever Pack for me... VVVVVV is worth $5 alone so it's like getting 3 games for free (cause I own World of Goo already.)

But yea, I really expected Steam to put out something awesome for BF and this is kind disappointing.

Would've gotten FF if I didn't already have it.

Guess maybe just the Indie pack for me but the rest feels underwhelming :(

I want to get in on the Chaos Rising 8 pack.

Is anyone doing the deal? I am in for that one so put me on your list and let me know who to send the money to.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']People seriously need to get some Freedom Force for 75 cents. That game is awesome.[/QUOTE]

I bought the two pack of that and the sequel for $2 earlier this year. Plus, I have the CD for it as well. Good game, but I own it already.

Who knows, its doubtfull but maybe steam will do a one two punch today. This is just part of the Holiday sale for the next few days and in a couple hours they post a large black Friday sale separate from this one. Its doubtful...but hey I can hope ;)

I wonder if Blur is worth buying at that price... I played it on the 360 and liked it, but I already have Burnout Paradise for my car racing game fix. How does it play on the PC? Can I use a xbox controller with it?

Never mind, saw on the page that it's controller enabled. I need to learn how to read...

I've honestly been kinda disappointed so far, a couple of deals I was kinda intrested in, and I think I'll pick up the Indie clever pack, but thats about it.

Picked up the Indie Clever Pack + Freedom Force for $5.75 woot woot.

Still thinking of whether or not to get Empire Total War and Dawn of War

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']AVP will be available as a 6-pack within the next couple days.[/QUOTE]

Excellent...

Just need a deal on Amnesia and I'll be happy!

I'm down for the Chaos rising, if its a standalone game.

I'm maybe also down for portal if anybody gets one and has a host.

I really don't see anything I want today.

I'm not familiar with most of that Indie Pack (besides the 5 copies of World of Goo I own), would anybody like to elaborate on what they like about the other ones.

Anyone interested in going in on the Portal pack? At $2.50 a game that's too good to pass up! Wish I had gotten my iMac early to cash in on the free Portal, but I'm down for $2.50 if anyone else is interested.

EDIT: Nevermind, Portal: Still Alive is apparently only 400 points today?!?! Woohoo!

Here is the final list for the 8 pack. This was done in order of time posted and PMed to me.

Messages will be sent out with payment info.

Folks on this page will be next in line if someone backs out.

[quote name='Lord Jezo']

Chaos Rising 8 pack:

1) Lord Jezo
2) Nilbog
3) rhettdb2005
4) 52club
5) Ogedai_khan
6) ManofPeace
7) Vendetta
8) edmwang[/QUOTE]

Portal pack:

1. Me
2. Kamatari
3. Phrozenx

I'm in =D
also is Chaos Rising a standalone game? Good place to start the series?

[quote name='reininop']I'm not familiar with most of that Indie Pack (besides the 5 copies of World of Goo I own), would anybody like to elaborate on what they like about the other ones.[/QUOTE]

Same, anyone have any opinions?

[quote name='jay-pee']Portal pack:

1. Me
2. Kamatari
3. Phrozenx
4. jay-pee
6.[/QUOTE]
i'd like those last two slots please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back