Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fearbeard']First day I'm passing... I'm interested in a few of the games, but I can wait till X-mas to see if they come up cheaper for that.

Was definitely hoping to see the Indie Puzzle pack today though.

Edit: Hmm wierd... seems like there is an Indie pack but the Steam servers are being a little wierd right now.[/QUOTE]

Its there if you can get through the checkout process.

[quote name='mistymayem']Gosh dang it Steam! It's letting me get all the way to Paypal checkout then poops out on me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah seems to be happening for most people.

Quick reminder for those Just Cause Packs: Notice: Just Cause 2 only supports Windows Vista or Windows 7 and requires a video card that supports DirectX 10 or higher. Windows XP and DirectX 9 are not supported. Does not require a Games For Windows Live account.

[quote name='animalspinners']The team behind Recettear said they have no idea about an 8 pack and to not expect it, that the next planned discount is for December.[/QUOTE]
That's a huge shame - When I saw the Packs Listing, I was excited for a group buy on the game. Nevertheless, as long as Recettear will be on sale in December, I'm thrilled.

After tomorrow, all eyes will be on the Holiday Sale.

Is it worth it for be to buy Orange Box if the only games I need from it are TF2 and HL2: Ep2? I did the math and even if both of those games were individually marked down 75% it would still come out to $7.50... unless I am mistaken? I'm thinking about buying it but I'm just not sure.

[quote name='dudejeff22']Is it worth it for be to buy Orange Box if the only games I need from it are TF2 and HL2: Ep2? I did the math and even if both of those games were individually marked down 75% it would still come out to $7.50... unless I am mistaken? I'm thinking about buying it but I'm just not sure.[/QUOTE]

Sure.

People get excited when just TF2 drops to $10, so two games for $7.50 is great deal even if you own the other 3.

[quote name='dudejeff22']Is it worth it for be to buy Orange Box if the only games I need from it are TF2 and HL2: Ep2? I did the math and even if both of those games were individually marked down 75% it would still come out to $7.50... unless I am mistaken? I'm thinking about buying it but I'm just not sure.[/QUOTE]
That's an interesting question; I've seen TF2 as low as $2 on Steam, but HL2: Episode 2 is usually around the $3-4, if I remember correctly. (Episode 2 tends to be the most expensive in the bunch.) So, you may be paying a bit more than you should by about $2. However, the Orange Box is the cheapest it has ever been. So, I'd only recommend buying it now if you truly cannot wait any longer. Otherwise, you may be better off waiting for the Holiday Sale.

Wow, that's quite a bit of serious thought for a $2-3 difference.

I have just purchased the 6 pack for Counter Strike Source. I would like to pass on the 5 gifts to recover my purchase price.
Thanks!

Hmmm...looks like they just changed the individual Warband deal to the Mount and Blade Complete deal. Isnt Warband supposed to be a lot better than the original anyways?

[quote name='EliotAndrews']That's an interesting question; I've seen TF2 as low as $2 on Steam, but HL2: Episode 2 is usually around the $3-4, if I remember correctly. (Episode 2 tends to be the most expensive in the bunch.) So, you may be paying a bit more than you should by about $2. However, the Orange Box is the cheapest it has ever been. So, I'd only recommend buying it now if you truly cannot wait any longer. Otherwise, you may be better off waiting for the Holiday Sale.

Wow, that's quite a bit of serious thought for a $2-3 difference.[/QUOTE]

Hm, I was under the impression that TF2 was only on sale for $2 once and only for a few hours. The last sale I saw it for $10.

I'm looking to buy "The Orange Box." I already have all the games in it except episode 1 and 2.

I will trade me extra keys of Half Life 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2 for someone to gift me "Indie Puzzle Pack"

PM me if interested

[quote name='Mrhankyspj']I'm looking to buy "The Orange Box." I already have all the games in it except episode 1 and 2.

I will trade me extra keys of Half Life 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2 for someone to gift me "Indie Puzzle Pack"

PM me if interested[/QUOTE]

i think you only get extra keys for hl2 and ep1 the rest you wont get

Interested in The Ball, but I'd have to play it right away in case it gets cheaper down the line so I wouldn't feel like I wasted money. Maybe Warband. Checked out the Puzzle pack, Puzzle Dimensions looks awesome, Tidalis could be alright, and I don't think I'd play Cogs or Droplitz much at all. Hmmm...

[quote name='pROvIs']i think you only get extra keys for hl2 and ep1 the rest you wont get[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:/ I was under the impression that for valve games you get passable keys... more research is needed, thanks!

If you don't have shatter, puzzle pack is worth a buy for that game alone. Its a unique brick breaker game, with boss battles, and an awesome soundtrack

I am severely sad that Aliens vs. Predator didn't come through the sale. I know it was leaked to us it was, but something must have happened to the deal. I've been really wanting to play it.

[quote name='WormFOODx']I am severely sad that Aliens vs. Predator didn't come through the sale. I know it was leaked to us it was, but something must have happened to the deal. I've been really wanting to play it.[/QUOTE]

There is a still 1 day left on the sale for tomorrow.

[quote name='TLPRIME']There is a still 1 day left on the sale for tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

True, but the range of the sale was UNTIL the 29th, so I assumed that at 11am tomorrow the deals would end. Here is hoping until tomorrow!

Well I passed on L4D2 being that it's an old game and that I really didn't enjoy the first one on the 360. I'm also expecting the double pack to go on sale around Christmas time.

Anyway, is the Orange Box for $7.50 worth it? I hated TF2 on the 360, but I heard it was terrible on consoles in general.

[quote name='Taboner']Well I passed on L4D2 being that it's an old game and that I really didn't enjoy the first one on the 360. I'm also expecting the double pack to go on sale around Christmas time.

Anyway, is the Orange Box for $7.50 worth it? I hated TF2 on the 360, but I heard it was terrible on consoles in general.[/QUOTE]

Ever since TF2 got hats, it went straight into the gutter for me. Gameplay wise, I wouldn't expect much difference besides updated weapons and balance changes for each class and using KB+M.

[quote name='Taboner']Well I passed on L4D2 being that it's an old game and that I really didn't enjoy the first one on the 360. I'm also expecting the double pack to go on sale around Christmas time.

Anyway, is the Orange Box for $7.50 worth it? I hated TF2 on the 360, but I heard it was terrible on consoles in general.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a great deal. All of the games included are amazing.

Hmmm, I want TF2, but I already own all the other games in there... I'll probably buy it and figure out what to do with my extra HL2 & Ep1 later.

Interestingly, TF2 will be the only piece of the Orange Box I didn't get for free.

Everything else today is kinda lame, though I am getting the indie pack. Again.

[quote name='WormFOODx']True, but the range of the sale was UNTIL the 29th, so I assumed that at 11am tomorrow the deals would end. Here is hoping until tomorrow![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry... I'm pretty positive there will be a new set of games tomorrow.

[quote name='Fearbeard']I wouldn't worry... I'm pretty positive there will be a new set of games tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

That, or they could do what they did with one of the past week or two long sales and have a "best of" day for the games that are on sale.

[quote name='WormFOODx']True, but the range of the sale was UNTIL the 29th, so I assumed that at 11am tomorrow the deals would end. Here is hoping until tomorrow![/QUOTE]

Tomorrow is Cyber Monday. They will have a sale to celebrate that. Usually, they don't extend their sales to Monday, but the Monday after Black Friday was dubbed by the media, "Cyber Monday" to represent when online sites would respond to BF the week after. Now that online just responds... on the week (sometimes month) before BF and on BF itself, Cyber Monday is an irrelevant term, but it doesn't stop the stores from making sales on it.

I don't know why they don't start calling the BF thing, "The Black Month," and just be done with it. That even sounds awesome.

EDIT: They usually say, "through Sunday , " when that's the last day of the sale. That said, even if it wasn't, there has in the past been a HUGE Holiday/New Years sale in the weeks AROUND Christmas and New Years. So I imagine it'll be the same again. I seem to recall being disappointed in the BF sale last year and impressed by the sheer number and prices of the Christmas sale. I remember it because I had no money to spend on it. ;)

I didn't know about the free Portal levels. Thanks OP! Only prob is I have a Mac and it sounds like there are issues with getting them installed on the Mac version, but perhaps solutions? Will have to give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back