Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one really dissapointed by the entire weekend of sales? Besides getting a share of borderlands and deus ex and world of goo, theres been really nothing

Metro 2033...worth 10 bucks?

Goddammit Steam! Where is the Dragon Age price match? That's all I wanted. As it stands, I didn't buy a single thing from Steam this sale. Looks like I'll be checking out Impulse.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Am I the only one really dissapointed by the entire weekend of sales? Besides getting a share of borderlands and deus ex and world of goo, theres been really nothing

Metro 2033...worth 10 bucks?[/QUOTE]

metro 2033 is very good IMO. well worth $10

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Am I the only one really dissapointed by the entire weekend of sales? Besides getting a share of borderlands and deus ex and world of goo, theres been really nothing

Well the Indie packs were pretty amazing at least.

It depends on what you were looking for. If you were looking for deals on the big name games, it was a mild disappointment. If you were curious about the smaller name games but couldn't pull the trigger because of price, it wasn't disappointing at all.

Flotilla seems worth it if thats your kinda thing. It's why I bought the pack anyway. Indie packs made this sale awesome for me. I really didn't buy anything for myself besides them XD . Still managed to gift my friend some other games though.

[quote name='Khamous']Need an opinion on Dirt 2, anyone?[/QUOTE]

Very good, very solid racing game. If you're into racing, it's not going to be a wasted 5 dollars.

Hmm, Monkey Island 2 is tempting but I don't own the first one yet so I'll probably just hold off.

I have most the games that are on sale today otherwise. Wish that Recetter pack actually happened though :(

Picked up the Air pack. Was also hoping for a Dragon Age: Ultimate price match, but it's unlikely that I'd start playing it before the holiday sale. Hopefully it will be on sale then!

[quote name='rudiger94949']anyone have an opinion of any of the games on the air pack? enjoyed the other indie packs thus far, don't know about this one though.[/QUOTE]
I really enjoyed Altitude back when I got it, got 13 hrs on it in a couple of days.

Dogfighter is nice but the online system confused me, never knew if I was playing real people or bots.

Plain Sight is a very nice concept, but the online community is 0, as in, I never played a game online that had another human player.

Metro 2033 is awesome, especially for $10. LOVED it. Great price for AvP IMO as well. I played through the SP campaign and while it wasn't as good as Monolith's AvP 2 I still got a lot of fun out of it for twice what Steam is selling it for. I have everything I want from todays' deals and Mafia II is still too high, so nothing for me.

Mafia 2 is at a disappointing price. Not particularly interested in much else today though I may grab Metro 2033. If I didn't have Dirt 2 though, that'd be a definite purchase. The game's awesome, especially at $5.

[quote name='kilm']Very good, very solid racing game. If you're into racing, it's not going to be a wasted 5 dollars.[/QUOTE]
How's the online? Does it have people on it nowadays?

I think I'll bite :p

The sales were a nice range of titles. I picked up quite a few I had been interested in (Mount and Blade, Machinarium, Alpha Protocol). Not in the least disappointed.

Today's deal of Beat Hazard at 2.50 is a great deal for anyone that didn't want the pulse pack. The game is a blast.

[quote name='jnjplaysxbox']hey if anyone is starting a lead and gold group buy, then PM me.[/QUOTE]

Also looking to be in a group buy for Lead and Gold.
PM me.

Well, I'm in for the Air pack, probably Trine, and maybe AvP..maybe. The only thing I missed out on that I wanted was the Indie Story pack. In the end, though, it's no problem. I have a big game backlog now, and I really only wanted Recettar out of the pack anyway.

Great price on Dirt 2. Have it already on the PS3 and I still play it off any on (nearly Platinum'd the game).

I just bought myself a PC combo on newegg and while all the specs are great, I haven't choose a graphics card yet. Before I nab Metro 2033 for $10, does anyone know if the nVidia GeForce GTX 460 Fermi (deciding between the 1 GB or the cheap 768 MB) will handle it? I'm not expecting to max out, but enough to play the game and enjoy the graphics.

[quote name='testisbest']Anyone know if KOTOR will run in Win 7 64 bit? I saw conflicting info when I searched.[/QUOTE]
Yes it works for me

Only thing I have to do is launch it out of the Steam client

[quote name='nflsonic']Great price on Dirt 2. Have it already on the PS3 and I still play it off any on (nearly Platinum'd the game).

I just bought myself a PC combo on newegg and while all the specs are great, I haven't choose a graphics card yet. Before I nab Metro 2033 for $10, does anyone know if the nVidia GeForce GTX 460 Fermi (deciding between the 1 GB or the cheap 768 MB) will handle it? I'm not expecting to max out, but enough to play the game and enjoy the graphics.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the 768MB versions of those cards are gimped. They have a few less cores among other things.

[quote name='testisbest']Anyone know if KOTOR will run in Win 7 64 bit? I saw conflicting info when I searched.[/QUOTE]

Worked perfectly for me!

Granted i've only played around 2 hours of it, but I have the same operating system and it works great. No problems at all.

Dang I just bought AvP for $10 and I'm not even through with the SP yet! FWIW the marine campaign took me ~8 hours. Not sure if the alien and predator campaigns are of equal length.

I will probably pick up Monkey Island 2 SE.

Indie Air Pack for me... kinda wish I would have just blindly bought all the Indie Packs from day 1 on... 30 games for $30 is hard to beat. Instead I bought the Air, Pulse, and Puzzle packs.

Hope they bring them back in a finale tomorrow. We'll see.

What do you guys think of Trine? Worth it?

works fine but needs some tweaking for resolution etc

Does not work for me. Always get stuck in one stop during the tutorial and then the game freezes. Have not found a fix yet. I just bought a used xbox copy for $10 and played through it on my 360.

^Trine is definitely worth it. It's a really good game in my opinion, got it last time when it was on sale and this price is hard to beat for trine!

[quote name='Khamous']So anyone thinking if they'll pull a M&B on Monkey Island today?[/QUOTE]

If they don't I'm not getting it >.>

[quote name='rudiger94949']anyone have an opinion of any of the games on the air pack? enjoyed the other indie packs thus far, don't know about this one though.[/QUOTE]

• Altitude - A fun little 2d plane combat game that handles quite a bit like the biplanes game on the Intellivision back in the day if you ever happened to have played that. It has a little touch of the CoD style unlocks system in how you open up new planes and weapons and such. A variety of game modes, dedicated servers, etc. It's actually a lot of fun, though not necessarily something you'll end up sinking countless hours into.
  • Flotilla - The best way to describe this is one part tactical combat game and one part rogue-like. You're playing as a captain with a terminal disease and a short time to live. You set off on your final adventure, which involves moving from planet to planet an either getting some weird randomized story tidbit followed by a harmful or beneficial effect, or getting into a space battle. The battles are turn based and in 3d space, and the game ends either at a specified number of turns or when your flotilla is destroyed. I picked it up from the developer's web site this past spring and enjoyed it enough to be happy to have the opportunity to add it to my Steam library.

Don't know the first thing about Dogfighter, Plain Sight looks neat but I've never touched it, and GSB looks pretty awesome, though I hear it has a bit of a learning curve. I'm in for this pack. Possibly also Monkey Island.

Almost picked up Monkey Island 2, but I think I'll hold off until they put the Monkey Island 1 & 2 package on sale... hopefully the xmas sale. Pass on AvP, bad reviews and no time. If you haven't played co-op Trine though, definitely pick it up, hook up 1 (or more) xbox controllers and you're good to go.

Time to go pick up the last indie bundle, even though I already have two of the games, shame I can't regift.

Wow another lame day and a super lame end to this sale. The first day or two was pretty good but it just went downhill ending in one big fizz. Most of these games were either on sale in one of the previous indy pacs, not discounted that much or they were on sale in previous sales(sometimes as in Peggles case as MUCH bigger discounts). Hopefully these sales do not do extremely well and Valve steps up at Christmas a bit more.

this has been a good black friday sale to me

Indie Clever Pack
Nyx Quest
Just Cause 2
Mount and Blade: Warband
Osmosis
Aliens vs Predator

not a bad haul for about 30ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back