Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow all these invites... lol
Now if I only could get rid of this Service Medal for Ruse and New Vegas. I'd be a happy camper, but this is a pipe dream..

Feel free to add me for now. I'll purge my list when the contest is over.

link yoink-thirty 'friends' in a few hours is enough

I'll be online for the next couple hours, feel free to add me and I'll accept:

edit: removed steam link, plenty of internet friends now.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Could we make a new thread for friend invites? This is starting to get silly.[/QUOTE]

I thought we had one? Weve got the steam cag group to get names and invite from.

Valve needs to invest in the infrastructure to expand the social networking aspect of their service. I am constantly managing my friends list because of the 250 person limit. Not that I play with everyone on my list, but for some people, it's the only way I stay in contact with them. Screw Facebook. :roll:

[quote name='dfg']Valve needs to invest in the infrastructure to expand the social networking aspect of their service. I am constantly managing my friends list because of the 250 person limit. Not that I play with everyone on my list, but for some people, it's the only way I stay in contact with them. Screw Facebook. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I disagree, because you don't actually have over 250 friends.

I think the phenomenon of people having hundreds and hundreds of "friends" on social networks is stupid and dilutes people's abilities to maintain the relationships that are actually important. But, hey, that's just me.

We'll ask a mod to delete the friend request posts later on. Coffee could also make his thread into a friend request thread for the week...

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I disagree, because you don't actually have over 250 friends.

I think the phenomenon of people having hundreds and hundreds of "friends" on social networks is stupid and dilutes people's abilities to maintain the relationships that are actually important. But, hey, that's just me.[/QUOTE]

I think the phenomenon of a list cap that's tiny compared to mainstream social networks is stupid and dilutes Valve's ability to maintain the relationships with its customers that are actually important (i.e. growing Steam). But, hey, that's just me. Because that model has obviously diminished Facebook's appeal.

It's a Luddite semantic straw-man. There's no obligation to maintain an active or meaningful relationship with somebody on your "Friends" list—it's more akin to a contact list.

Steam has functionality based on social networking, like the recommendations, blotter, and wishlist. They should support it competently and expansively if at all.

For example, a section of the blotter is nonfunctional when your list reaches a certain length, and it's been like that for almost a year if not longer.

Regardless of whether your Friends list consists of your secret, bestest buddies or acquaintances you only casually game with, the limit is limiting for all parties.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I disagree, because you don't actually have over 250 friends.

I think the phenomenon of people having hundreds and hundreds of "friends" on social networks is stupid and dilutes people's abilities to maintain the relationships that are actually important. But, hey, that's just me.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I have 35 and 39 on Steam and Facebook respectively and that is still far more than people I actually talk to. Granted, I'm no social butterfly but 250? That's ridiculous.

Had a buddy gift me AAAaAAaAaa! I was actually pleasantly surprised by my enjoyment of it since i was getting a bad vibe from a lot of other people on here. Clever menu system and I dig the music once you get past the tutorial elevator sounding stuff. Mechanics are simple enough even though I can see how later levels could be possibly frustrating if you were going for high scores. It's certainly a decent play it in small doses type of game.

[quote name='pROvIs']Sorry, I'm to blame. I didn't realize what I was starting.[/QUOTE]
This would have happened anyway, I imagine. It's not the most horrible thing to happen to a CAG thread. After all, we're just trying to be friendly to one another [with the endgame being raffle entries].

Oh, Steam.

[quote name='Crazyhowie']Had a buddy gift me AAAaAAaAaa! I was actually pleasantly surprised by my enjoyment of it since i was getting a bad vibe from a lot of other people on here. Clever menu system and I dig the music once you get past the tutorial elevator sounding stuff. Mechanics are simple enough even though I can see how later levels could be possibly frustrating if you were going for high scores. It's certainly a decent play it in small doses type of game.[/QUOTE]
At first I was a little put off by AAAaAAaAaa! but after getting a hang on the controls it was fun. I doubt I'll play it a ton, but it's good for little breaks.

[quote name='Paradox295']
Also, has anyone got the AAAAAaaaaAAAAcheivement yet?
I got 24,900 points of the Mash Face level, but it didn't unlock[/QUOTE]

Only beat the score by 100 and it showed as unlocking for me when I exited the game. I have always been checking my progress through my web browser and logging into the steam store promo page that way as opposed to actually going through Steam, so try that.

So if you win the daily prize you get the top 5 games from your wishlist, but my wishlist's top games are the last 5 I entered and I can't seem to find a way to reorder them. Anyone know how to fix this?

You'll have to hit the "Save" button on the top or bottom of the list after you drag them into the order you want.

[quote name='tommyhaynes']So if you win the daily prize you get the top 5 games from your wishlist, but my wishlist's top games are the last 5 I entered and I can't seem to find a way to reorder them. Anyone know how to fix this?[/QUOTE]
From a web browser, there is no way to reorder them. In the Steam app, however, you can just drag and drop.

[quote name='tommyhaynes']So if you win the daily prize you get the top 5 games from your wishlist, but my wishlist's top games are the last 5 I entered and I can't seem to find a way to reorder them. Anyone know how to fix this?[/QUOTE]

You can drag-and-drop items in your list. grab one, drag it up or down.

Awesome. Amnesia is one of the best games I've played all year. Be sure to play it alone and lights off. Headphones are a MUST too. :)

amnesia is very very tempting. I think ill wait until the holiday sale though. its very hard for me to pull the trigger on games with that sale SO close.

[quote name='Poshbishounen']Im so glad Amnesia came with the Humble Indie pack.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Amnesia was on Humble Indie Bundle? How the hell did I mess that?

edit: Do you mean Penumbra?

[quote name='mikespit1']Whoa, whoa, whoa. Amnesia was on Humble Indie Bundle? How the hell did I mess that?

edit: Do you mean Penumbra?[/QUOTE]

Could've sworn that was Penumbra

Edit: Gah evil edit

[quote name='mikespit1']Whoa, whoa, whoa. Amnesia was on Humble Indie Bundle? How the hell did I mess that?

edit: Do you mean Penumbra?[/QUOTE]

It was Penumbra, not Amnesia.

[quote name='Poshbishounen']Yes, that was Penumbra. I somewhat get those 2 confused : /[/QUOTE]

Oh man... I almost lost my cookies

Played Undergarden demo last night. The game doesn't tell you what the controls are. For the first few minutes, I had to keep pressing ESC to look them up. When I figured them out, the game seemed pretty dull and pointless. When exiting the game, the controls on the exit screen are wrong so it kept throwing me back at the menu.

[quote name='shrike4242']Are the deals on AAAAAA and Undergarden good through noon tomorrow, like past Steam deals?[/QUOTE]

19hrs 47 mins and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back