Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LazyTriangle']I'm thinking of buying Amnesia: The Dark Descent now that its on sale, anyone want to gift me Amnesia, I'll gift it back.... I want to get "It's Better to Give" objective done as well as the objectives for Shatter and L4D 2[/QUOTE]

I sent you a PM... I'd be interested in a gift exchange for Amnesia

BTW I just tested it with Evil Genius since it was cheap and you can gift items to yourself and it will satisfy this requirement.

[quote name='pROvIs']BTW I just tested it with Evil Genius since it was cheap and you can gift items to yourself and it will satisfy this requirement.[/QUOTE]

how do you gift them to yourself, can you please explain

OM fuck ING God ... Shatter nearly gave me a seizure but I finally got it ... by far the hardest I've had to work in this Steam contest so far ;)

[quote name='pROvIs']BTW I just tested it with Evil Genius since it was cheap and you can gift items to yourself and it will satisfy this requirement.[/QUOTE]

Do you just buy the game/dlc as a gift and then send it to yourself? I'm considering gifting myself a MTG deck unlock for $1, but hell at that point, maybe I'm better off gifting myself Expansion 3 for $4 more!

[quote name='etcrane']OM fuck ING God ... Shatter nearly gave me a seizure but I finally got it ... by far the hardest I've had to work in this Steam contest so far ;)[/QUOTE]

Second that. I once was just 3 more hits from succeeding :bomb:
After more attempts than I rather have I finally nailed it.

The normal mode is great and I highly recommend it to any one that likes brickbreaker/arkanoid games. It puts a fun spin on it.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']how do you gift them to yourself, can you please explain[/QUOTE]

Just put in your email as the recipient.

Thanks for your patience, folks!

[youtube]XIxOFE8qf-A[/youtube][youtube]3qa69BN4_I8[/youtube]

Objectives for 12/10-12/11
  • It's Better to Give - Send a gift to a friend (Gift a game)
  • Take One for the Team - Make a Sacrifice in Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • Breaker, Breaker - Set a leaderboard score of at least 11,200,000 for 'Bonus Mode' in Shatter
  • Zombie Zoo - Create a Crass Menagerie in Left 4 Dead 2

Sales for 12/12-12/13
Left 4 Dead 2 - $19.99 $4.99 - IGN review -
platform_steamplay.png
- Group buy thread
Shatter - $9.99 $2.50 - IGN review (PS3 version)

Ditto on the Shatter objective being fucking horrible. Why did they chose the crappiest part of the game for this? I've had Bonus mode unlocked for months but never touched it because it was so boring/annoying.

Any tips on getting a control pad to not be so goddamn laggy on shatter? I love the game on my PS3, but its pretty much unplayable on pc for me.

Also, if anyone needs the gift ticket from today I would be more than happy to let someone gift me a copy of F1 2010 or Grid!!! I'm just sayin.....

[quote name='Spyder187']Any tips on getting a control pad to not be so goddamn laggy on shatter? I love the game on my PS3, but its pretty much unplayable on pc for me.

Also, if anyone needs the gift ticket from today I would be more than happy to let someone gift me a copy of F1 2010 or Grid!!! I'm just sayin.....[/QUOTE]
Are you using an Xbox 360 controller? I have both the PS3 and Steam version and notice no difference in control. I actually prefer the 360 controller (I have the wired one).

Ended up getting Shatter, very fun and awesome music. Just unlocked bonus mode and got the score on my 2nd try after screwing up royally the first time. Woot!

[quote name='silent h3ro']Are you using an Xbox 360 controller? I have both the PS3 and Steam version and notice no difference in control. I actually prefer the 360 controller (I have the wired one).[/QUOTE]

i have it on psn and use my xbox controller on the steam version and notice no difference.

I have Shatter on PS3, won't be dropping another $2.50 on it. I'm 1 objective away with minimal effort on my part (I have got all the free ones without even trying.)

I do recommend it, though. Great game. Hope there are meatboy objectives. I started polishing that game off and oh God! So hard, yet so fun!

[quote name='silent h3ro']Are you using an Xbox 360 controller? I have both the PS3 and Steam version and notice no difference in control. I actually prefer the 360 controller (I have the wired one).[/QUOTE]

I am using a wired 360 controller but there seems to be a bit of lag between me pushing the stick or d-pad and the bumper actually moving. Its like there is some sort of sensitivity issue or something going on. It has sadly made the game unplayable for me at this time.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']How are people having a hard time with the Shatter objective? I scored nearly that high the very first time I played bonus mode.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps not all of us are fans of twitch gaming ... *insert witty e-penis comment here* ;)

Managed to beat the first three worlds of Shatter to unlock Bonus Mode. It took me < 10 tries to get the objective done using my mouse the entire time. Don't look at the score, just concentrate on the board since it gets crazy quick.

Do you get to play a level in Bonus Mode per world you've beaten? For example I beat three worlds and had 3 levels to complete the objective in. I was wondering if I beat another world (I was at the boss) would it have given me another level to get the target score thus the further into the campaign the more chances (see: easier) you get to reach it.

Shatter OST (soundtrack) 90% off until 13/12/2010 $0.99
Get it directly from shatter developer sidhe: http://sidhe.bandcamp.com

Choose one of the following audio formats after clicking "Buy Now" (thanks, neogutsman):
mp3 320K - 189.4MB
FLAC - 631.5MB
mp3 VBR (V0) - 148.2MB
AAC - 116.1MB
Ogg Vorbis - 123.5MB
ALAC - 649.5MB

Shatter (windows) $2.50
75% off steam sale: http://store.steampowered.com/app/20820/
And don't forget Left 4 Dead 2 (pc) is still $5 from steam

update:
Don't forget this FREE uncharted 3 avatar: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5205/5253025816_67276fffb9_m.jpg.
This avatar redemption code will work for a limited time only: F3E9-33NJ-JGCQ
Get a FREE u3 ps3 static theme by signing up for email updates here:
http://www.unchartedthegame.com/

I found a code for the uncharted 3 dynamic theme which works for the UK only: F57M-BNN2-G33H

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='didamangi']No, there are only 3 bonus levels.

Hey, for those of you that liked the music in Shatter, they're discounted too for two days.

Get it here! http://sidhe.bandcamp.com/

FLAC ftw![/QUOTE]
Dude, awesome find! Haven't play the game on my PS3 in quite some time, but the music was completely unforgettable.

I just bought this soundtrack for $10 a day ago. I would be mad, but the soundtrack is so freaking good that it's still a good deal at $10. At $1, it's almost criminal. Killer trance/electronica. I didn't even own the game!

Though for $2.50, it's worth trying it out to see if it'll run on my netbook. Thanks, OP!

Good deal on L4D2 and Shatter...I am trying to resist though, with an already massive backlog on my consoles, handhelds and Steam already.

This might make me a bit obnoxious, but I am proud to say I grabbed the 11,200,000 score (Exactly, strangely enough.) for Shatter on my first try. It's definitely tough, but it's thoroughly entertaining. Shatter's awesome.

Good luck to all that attempt it. By the way, there's only a week left until the Holiday Sale.

Alright, taking a hint from what someone mentioned, I would say if you're having troubles with the achievement, switch away from the controller and use the mouse. It moves a LOT faster so you can pick up the extras a lot easier in the bonus mode. It may take a few games to get used to it, but you'll see why it's a lot easier to play once you've tried the mouse to play this game.

Well isn't that awesome of them. I caught myself playing Shatter again, mostly for that 11.2million score achievement for that Steam Treasure Hunt sweepstakes. It's HARD.

[quote name='didamangi']Anybody else getting a slow download from bandcamp?

captureqr.jpg

:cry:[/QUOTE]

YES !

I can definitely tell there download servers sucks ball !! I am almost getting freaking dial up speeds. now thats ridiculous.

[quote name='didamangi']Anybody else getting a slow download from bandcamp?

captureqr.jpg

:cry:[/QUOTE]

It downloaded fine for me.

Took me about 2 hours, but I got the Shattered objective done. Good luck to everyone else who's struggling with it, just remember that perseverance is the key. You'll get it eventually.

Got the Shatter objective while waiting for l4d2 to download, took far too many tries than I'd like to admit! I also agree, ignore controllers + the keyboard, mouse all the way.

Still working on the L4D2 objective, but goddamn, PC version crushes the 360 version. My computer ain't exactly the greatest, but it's running fine @ 1920*1080 ,which is highly surprising...now to find some mods...

[quote name='didamangi']No, there are only 3 bonus levels.

Hey, for those of you that liked the music in Shatter, they're discounted too for two days.

Get it here! http://sidhe.bandcamp.com/
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Bought. Wish I had caught the Bit.Trip Beat soundtrack when it was on sale for $2.99 a week or two ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back