Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kaply']Indie Story Pack, November 25th $4.99[/QUOTE]Bleh. This is what I get for visiting loved ones.

[quote name='Chacrana']I, for one, would be pissed if I was missing out on some weeaboo RPG built around everyone's favourite part of the genre, inventory management.[/QUOTE]Exactly! I can't tell you how many times I wanted to be in the shopkeeper's shoes when-

Wait a second. Did I detect a hint of sarcasm in your post, good sir?

[quote name='GoingIncognito']More of the indie packs are coming online now. The Fright Pack is now clickable.[/QUOTE]

Wish they'd post the potato pack.

Also to the guy asking about Prince of Persia, only I played was Sands of Time and it ran fine it just doesn't like multi-core processors so there's a small tweak you need to do in Task Manager.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Super Meat Boy is hard to pass up. Is it really as fun as everyone says, CAG?

I love my 2D platformers.[/QUOTE]

its awesome.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Has anyone actually played the PC versions of the prince of persia games? How did they run? I generally get worried about buying console games on the PC since they are often horribly buggy.[/QUOTE]

I have played and finished SoT and 2008 on the PC. Both worked perfect. 2008 looked marvelous on the PC and played super smooth with my 360 gamepad, it has native support for it. SoT I played a long time ago and finished it with keyboard+mouse. Not sure about the middle two, I didn't have much interest in them.

[quote name='Lord Jezo']I have played and finished SoT and 2008 on the PC. Both worked perfect. 2008 looked marvelous on the PC and played super smooth with my 360 gamepad, it has native support for it. SoT I played a long time ago and finished it with keyboard+mouse. Not sure about the middle two, I didn't have much interest in them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, will keep all this in mind but still really on the fence between grabbing these or importing the European retail release of the remakes.

Oh wow, some awesome daily deals today. I'll probably only get the FEAR pack though.

I'm also super annoyed about the massive sale price on Super Meat Boy less than 3 weeks from launch. Oh well...

And WTF? The Witcher isn't even on sale? Here's hoping it gets the daily deal treatment...

Anyone have any idea how a 9800GTX+ and an E8400, and 2GB of RAM on Windows 7 64-bit will handle BC2?

I remember playing the beta back when I had an 8800GT, and it was kind of sluggish.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']It isn't nearly as good as the first one, but it was fun when I played it on the 360. I am hoping I end up getting a better experience out of the PC version.[/QUOTE]

I may be against the bell curve on this but I hated the first game and love the second so its all about preference.

[quote name='lllGurulll']is 6.99 the cheapest I will get PvsZ?[/QUOTE]

I've purchased it in the past at $4.99 in late October of this year. No idea if they'll bundle popcap games other than as a popcap bundle. I do recall reading somewhere that popcap games rarely go below $5, but I can't recall where I saw that or if it's true.

Also great game with simple and effective graphics. The story pacing is good. It lets you get acclimated to new units that you have to use and new enemy units you have to defend against. After the story is complete you'll have unlocked additional modes to play which can be entertaining as well.

What happens if you buy the valve complete pack when you have some of the games?

I have left 4 dead 1+2, and the orange box. Do I receive an extra copy of those games that I can gift? Or is it SOL?

EDIT: sorry if the question has been asked a million times, I check a couple of pages to no avail.

. . . really, Steam?
Really?
For years, I've eyed the id Super Pack. You had my entire childhood gift wrapped for $35 around Christmas Time. While it was always a good deal (or a steal for that matter) I could never quite justify $35.

Now here I am, finally with a well paying job and this is the year that you don't have it on sale? Why do you do this to me? ;_;

Hoping it somehow is a daily deal (maybe), but not thinking that'll be the case since the other publisher catalogs are already listed up. =( Until this hopeful deal though, picking up Peggle Nights, KotoR, and probably a few others. Regardless of my own rage, some excellent prices up (as we've come to expect from Steam at this point.)

[quote name='elebit12']What happens if you buy the valve complete pack when you have some of the games?

I have left 4 dead 1+2, and the orange box. Do I receive an extra copy of those games that I can gift? Or is it SOL?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this too tbh

[quote name='jim5364']Anyone know if Stranger's Wrath on Steam is the same HD version that is coming to PS3?[/QUOTE]
Currently, no, but they have been quoted as saying that it's "highly likely" that the HD upgrades will be released at a later time for free.

Fright Pack and Winterbottom for me today. Killer price on BC2 but I just got it for 360 and don't really feel like double dipping. Same goes for Super Meat Boy. I will pick up the Brain pack once it becomes available.

Hoping for Claptrap DLC for $2 or something like that :)

That Bethesda pack is extremely tempting but that's just too much game (crazy I know) for me to do right now. Hopefully I can catch Fallout 3 and Oblivion on a daily deal at some point

[quote name='kaply']I've purchased it in the past at $4.99 in late October of this year. No idea if they'll bundle popcap games other than as a popcap bundle. I do recall reading somewhere that popcap games rarely go below $5, but I can't recall where I saw that or if it's true.

Also great game with simple and effective graphics. The story pacing is good. It lets you get acclimated to new units that you have to use and new enemy units you have to defend against. After the story is complete you'll have unlocked additional modes to play which can be entertaining as well.[/QUOTE]
I've already played and beaten the game on my ipod touch. I am just wondering if PvsZ is worth it on PC for the added content you don't get on the ipod.

Holy shit, best sale ever. That's all I have to say. I'm going to be out a few hundred bucks by the time this is over.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']For years, I've eyed the id Super Pack. You had my entire childhood gift wrapped for $35 around Christmas Time. While it was always a good deal (or a steal for that matter) I could never quite justify $35.

Now here I am, finally with a well paying job and this is the year that you don't have it on sale? Why do you do this to me? ;_;[/QUOTE]
There are going to be spreads of daily deals, every bit as good as todays, for the next ~two weeks. Hold tight, there's a perfectly good chance you'll see what you want.

[quote name='jim5364']Anyone know if Stranger's Wrath on Steam is the same HD version that is coming to PS3?[/QUOTE]
It's not, because the PS3 version and those enhancements aren't done yet. They've said they'd like to add them into the PC version, when possible.

[quote name='jdktech2010']That Bethesda pack is extremely tempting but that's just too much game (crazy I know) for me to do right now. Hopefully I can catch Fallout 3 and Oblivion on a daily deal at some point[/QUOTE]

Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition is $20.09 on a daily deal today :)

[quote name='token2k6']Valve Pack is showing $49.99 for me, not $24.99..strange, $25 seemed like a pretty good deal, $50 is meh[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the price has changed on this, too. As I said in an earlier post, the Civ 5 sale is gone completely.

[quote name='token2k6']Valve Pack is showing $49.99 for me, not $24.99..strange, $25 seemed like a pretty good deal, $50 is meh[/QUOTE]

Price went up. It was 25.

[quote name='jamezuva']Hmm..just bought the Fear complete pack but don't see Fear 2: Reborn in my library....anyone else having that issue?[/QUOTE]

It is DLC so you have to right click on F.E.A.R. 2 and View Downloadable Content to see it.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition is $20.09 on a daily deal today :)

Yeah, the price has changed on this, too. As I said in an earlier post, the Civ 5 sale is gone completely.[/QUOTE]

Just noticed but I have a nasty habit of buying games I never play because I have too many of them. Heck, come February, I'll have Killzone 3, Bulletstorm and Dragon Age 2 in March....right now I'm about to get BC2 vietnam and working through Reach, Killzone 2, Black Ops and Dragon Age Origins again.

20 bucks is still a lot seeing as how that would be reaching my limit I set for myself lol

[quote name='jamezuva']Hmm..just bought the Fear complete pack but don't see Fear 2: Reborn in my library....anyone else having that issue?[/QUOTE]

DLC does NOT show up in the library, right click on FEAR and click on "View Downloadable Content"

Great sale, shame I'm short on cash. I'd be all over the Square pack.

I went for it!

Bought these games:

• The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom - $0.49
  • Shattered Union - $0.49
  • CivCity: Rome - $0.99
  • Deus Ex Collection - $2.99
    • Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
    • Deus Ex: Invisible War
  • F.E.A.R. Complete Pack - $9.99
    • F.E.A.R.
    • F.E.A.R. Extraction Point
    • F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate
    • F.E.A.R.2: Project Origin
    • F.E.A.R.2: Reborn
  • Indie Fright Pack - $4.99
    • Burn Zombie Burn
    • The Path
    • The Scourge Project: Episode 1 and 2
    • The Void
    • Zombie Driver

Total: $19.94

If you want to count them all as games, I just got 19 games for $20.

I still can not click on half the indy packs. As I said in chat with Provis, Valve needs to get their shit together. They are expected to stand with Sony and MS now as a major platform, this site crashing and working on and off stuff is unacceptable.

Strangers Wrath for 7.49 seems good to me I've wanted to play this forever I'm glad it finally went available by itself since I have the first two games already!

Steam needs to wise up and break these packs up. My threshold for spending on PC games is right around $20 to $30 max. If they threw out a mix and match pack for that price of 4 of 5 games from a bigger list they'd get more money from me.

[quote name='Xealot42']It is DLC so you have to right click on F.E.A.R. 2 and View Downloadable Content to see it.[/QUOTE]
Ah, thanks....I assumed it would act like the 2 expansions for Fear 1 and be separately listed. Thanks Hydro for answering too ;)

Anyone have any thoughts on which Prince of Persia game to get, considering I've never played a game in that series before? Are the $5 ones worth the extra cost, or are the older $2.50 ones equally fun?

[quote name='horns456']Steam needs to wise up and break these packs up. My threshold for spending on PC games is right around $20 to $30 max. If they threw out a mix and match pack for that price of 4 of 5 games from a bigger list they'd get more money from me.[/QUOTE]

not sure if it is steam who puts these packs together. i think it is what the publishers/developers decide and price it at.

steam probably asked all its clients if they wanted to offer anything up for this christmas sale weeks in advance.

Didn't quite a few of their Pack prices just go up, and didn't they just start making games "not available in your region"? Hmm...

Jumped on Super Meat Boy, B.P Winterbottom and three Indie packs (2D Pack, Smart pack, Fright Pack) I'll pick a few more indie packs once they come online

[quote name='Otimus']Anyone have any idea how a 9800GTX+ and an E8400, and 2GB of RAM on Windows 7 64-bit will handle BC2?

I remember playing the beta back when I had an 8800GT, and it was kind of sluggish.[/QUOTE]

I have the same CPU but a HD 5850 and 4GB of ram it ran fine for me though you will have to probably tone down settings though since BC2 likes quad cores.

grrrr.... Dammit, I was going to buy the valve pack at $25, now they raised the price. My fault I suppose, I didn't know what would of happened when you have some of the games, and now I know.

[quote name='frpilot']not sure if it is steam who puts these packs together. i think it is what the publishers/developers decide and price it at.

steam probably asked all its clients if they wanted to offer anything up for this christmas sale weeks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Ah that makes sense. I am just complaining because $60 - $80 for a pack just doesn't seem right to me. I might spend $60 on a bunch of individual games, but each pack has at least half it's offerings that already own or played it on a console or have no interest in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back