Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Caved on Winterbottom. .50 cents is practically impossible to pass up.

I don't even own a computer that will play it (G5 iMac/EEEPC) lol

I was worried I'd hit the character limit making that list, Winterbottom is worth full price really. Getting it for 50 cents is a steal, there's a few decent looking indie games under a dollar as well.

Got the Indie Fantasy Pack for my hubby's account. We each have our own Steam accounts, but we try to put what we think the other will play most on their own account. While I want to play Faerie Solitaire, NyxQuest, and Spectromancer, I figure he'll play Spectromancer a lot, being a Magic: The Gathering fan.

Likely going to pick up the Kid's Pack and the Brain Pack for myself.

For $6.79, Bad Comp 2 is a steal! Highly recommend it. Not as good as BF2 but still awesome. Of course I got my copy when the game launched but I didn't pay full price either.

First Day: Winterbottom, BFBC2, SMB, and FEAR 1. I already have FEAR2/DLC and BFBC2 retail, but really wanted it on Steam for the Vietnam DLC (hopefully will go on sale!). I was thinking of getting the PoP pack, but I already have them for PS2 and haven't even played, plus my blacklog is huge right now.

Can't wait for the other days!

Thx for the list Skuttie, are any of those games worth it? I picked up Winterbottom for the F of it since its only 50 cents and CAGs seem to dig it.

Here is what I picked up
Winterbottom
Battlefield: BC2
Fear Complete pack (goodbye disk copy of fear)
Meat Boy.

Not bad for day 1. Also its crazy that Fear gold is only 2.50. That's really a great price to for the fear gold pack.

Building a new PC after Christmas. My first in over six years so I have a lot to catch up on.

I picked up the THQ pack because it seemed like the best quality bang for the buck.

Has all the Company of Heroes, WarHammer, Red Faction and Titan Quest games and Metro 2033, Saints Row 2, Juiced, and Full Spetrum Warrior.

A pile of around 20 games/expansions for $50. Now if The Witcher would go on sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evil Genius is good fun and gets nothing but praise
Magnetis looks fun, like a mean bean machine with magnets or something
X-Com UFO Defense, Terror From the Deep and Apocalypse are definitely worth it
Winterbottom is fun too but you got that already
Geometry Wars is fun but I played that on 360 and don't know how well it is on PC

The rest I'm not entirely sure of the quality and others will have to speak for them.

Really contemplating F.E.A.R. Collection. I have the original F.E.A.R. on disc but I wouldn't mind having both available on Steam. Might have to bite.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']I'm thinking about getting FlatOut, but it's gotten average reviews... =/[/QUOTE]

FlatOut 2 absolutely kicks ass. Get that one. It's easily the best in the series. Tons to do, and great for multiplayer.

[quote name='JP']That would be me.[/QUOTE]

And me. I think there might be something from the previous year in my unplayed list too, but I'm not sure. I like having options when it comes time to play my next game. I would rather decide what kind of game I want to play, i.e. FPS, RTS, Action/Adventure, and then pick one of those my my library. Plus, I pick up cheap games I find them, instead of purchasing more expensive titles when i want them. I very rarely pay more than $20 for any game, but I've paid less than $10 for a great many.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']Seriously guys...

I'm gonna leave these links here for anyone that it may help:
http://lifehacker.com/5569035/practice-the-halt-method-to-curb-impulse-purchases
http://lifehacker.com/5331634/skip-impulse-buys-with-a-30+day-list

For example, I put PB Winterbottom in my shopping cart, but will wait until the last day to see if I really need to spend the 2 quarters.

Bwahahaha! I remember feeling the same way last year. Not so much this year though... =/[/QUOTE]

Great post. I have games from last year I haven't even played to be honest. I got Super Meat Boy and Winterbottom, and I doubt I get much more. I kinda let myself fall into $1.00 or so impulse purchases, so I can't say I wouldn't get any more games in the next two weeks, but I need to play the damn games I have already, plain and simple. At least it's low cost, I don't think I've ever spend more than around $5.00 on a game, and most have been between 1 and 4 dollars.

quick question guys, if i purchase just the first FEAR and not the pack will i still get the two DLC packs? or does that only come with the package deal?

thanks for whoever has an answer! :D

[quote name='RockMySocks10']Just picked up Battlefield Bad Company 2, hope Vietnam goes on sale this week too cause that looks really good too.[/QUOTE]

lol, there's no chance of Vietnam going on sale already. It just came out.

[quote name='SecretAgentHam']quick question guys, if i purchase just the first FEAR and not the pack will i still get the two DLC packs? or does that only come with the package deal?

thanks for whoever has an answer! :D[/QUOTE]

Hi yes. Purchased just Fear original and it came with 2 DLC's

[quote name='Stevogambo']Hi yes. Purchased just Fear original and it came with 2 DLC's[/QUOTE]

thanks a million! :)

today i hauled in:
SMB
PB Winterbottom
FEAR (1)

...i REALLY want ME2 but i'ma wait and hope it goes on a daily deal.

[quote name='ZForce']Swords and Soldiers HD is 5 bucks, anybody have any views on that one? The Wii version got a great review.[/QUOTE]

PC version is just as good.

Pulling the trigger on:

Indie Brain pack
Indie Future pack
P.B. Winterbottom

I am considering picking up Tropico 3 and returning the Target copy I picked up for $15. I have never really played a city building sim, but this one looks interesting to me.
I'm also considering Torchlight, I've never really played the Dungeon Crawler type before, but again, this one looks interested to me. :lol:
Anyone have any experience with either?
This after just picking up Shatter and the Humble Indie bundle this week, plus my console backlog, at some point you really have to ask yourself "how many games can I actually play?!"
Such are the pains of the CAG lifestyle :rofl:

If I were only willing to buy one of the Prince of Persia games to test them out, since I've never played one, which one is the best?

[quote name='daroga']I picked up Fallout 3 GOTY. You all can thank me when it shows up as $10 later in the sale. ;)[/QUOTE]

Fallout 3 was a daily deal, so it's not likely.

[quote name='avwjase']If I were only willing to buy one of the Prince of Persia games to test them out, since I've never played one, which one is the best?[/QUOTE]

sands of time hands down. buy it and you wont regret it.

[quote name='avwjase']If I were only willing to buy one of the Prince of Persia games to test them out, since I've never played one, which one is the best?[/QUOTE]
1.Sands of Time
2.Forgotten Sands
3.Prince of Persia
4.Two Thrones
5.Warrior Within

In that order.

[quote name='unopepito06']
I'm also considering Torchlight, I've never really played the Dungeon Crawler type before, but again, this one looks interested to me. :lol:
Anyone have any experience with either?[/QUOTE]

I highly recommend Torchlight but it goes on sale a lot and will most likely again during this sale for $5.

People will tell you that it's a Diablo clone but it's not...it's a FATE clone made by the people who made Diablo (and FATE) and it's entirely mod-able.

It is quite friendly to players new to the genre and because of mods can be customized to your liking. Fantastic game.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']I highly recommend Torchlight but it goes on sale a lot and will most likely again during this sale for $5.

People will tell you that it's a Diablo clone but it's not...it's a FATE clone made by the people who made Diablo (and FATE) and it's entirely mod-able.

It is quite friendly to players new to the genre and because of mods can be customized to your liking. Fantastic game.[/QUOTE]

I want to second waiting for Torchlight to go down to $5. It's been that price a number of times in the past. I can only compare it to Diablo II, as I haven't played FATE. It is less complicated than Diablo II, prettier, shorter, and not as much replay value since it's only single-player. Overall, a fun game though.

[quote name='Pollox']I want to second waiting for Torchlight to go down to $5. It's been that price a number of times in the past. I can only compare it to Diablo II, as I haven't played FATE. It is less complicated than Diablo II, prettier, shorter, and not as much replay value since it's only single-player. Overall, a fun game though.[/QUOTE]
This in every respect. (and yes, mods and everything work with Steam)

Whenever Torchlight II comes out, maybe the price will drop a bit more, or a package deal.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']I highly recommend Torchlight but it goes on sale a lot and will most likely again during this sale for $5.

It is quite friendly to players new to the genre and because of mods can be customized to your liking. Fantastic game.[/QUOTE]

I would say that it definitely is worth 5 bucks, but I don't think it's that fantastic. The problem is that there's too much loot.

For less than 4 dollars I don't see how anyone could not pick up Super meat Boy. I'm also thinking about the Lara Croft and Guardian of Light game, but the lack of online co-op, which was promised kinda sucks.

And I hate to be obnoxious but...

BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2 is $6.79!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SH!T

It's been a long time since I have played a game that I felt I needed to push this hard on other people. I spent 120+ hours in this freaking game! If you don't own it then GET IT! :bouncy:

I bit on F.E.A.R. Complete Pack, Super Meat Boy, and P.B. Winterbottom (how can one say no for $0.50?).

Not bad for $14.21 total...I'm happy!

eatingpopcorn.gif

Wow, none of this is really setting my shit on fire this year. Kinda disappointing if I foolishly let myself believe that this is as good as it's going to get.

Torchlight is extremely effective.

There's always more of that one thing you have to do, which is wander around in dungeons and click on things. It's easy to be compelled to do more of that, play one more level, etc, but somehow I always feel suckered after losing an afternoon to it. It's like being in a gaming hamster wheel.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']The problem is that there's too much loot. [/QUOTE]
I can also agree on that. So much crap on the ground, so little that's actually useful. I'm sure there's a mod or three for that, though.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']
And I hate to be obnoxious but...[/QUOTE]
You know, I had the same reaction. I've been waiting until a good deal came along, then bam! under $10.

First off I am a Steam Addict. I have over a 100 steam games from the past holiday/summer sales and might have around 15 hours into it all. That said I see myself more as a collector now anyway. I just don't have the time to put into playing like I want, but I love seeing my vast library I can pick from based on my mood. I know I'm sick/weird in the head. It is what it is.

So here's my question - Been eyeing FO3 GOTY for a while now due to the mods.

Is todays deal as good as it gets for FO3 GOTY the next year?

Based on my current backlog, I'm willing to wait that long if I can pick it up for around $10 then. But, I also realize that it might be a slim chance to ever drop to that price because it seems to be everyone's must have game of the decade. Oh, decisions, decisions, decisions.....

I bit on F.E.A.R. Complete Pack, Super Meat Boy, and P.B. Winterbottom (how can one say no for $0.50?).

Not bad for $14.21 total...I'm happy! So much so, I want to share another clown with you all. :D

clown.gif

[quote name='jester55']
Is todays deal as good as it gets for FO3 GOTY the next year? [/QUOTE]
I'm feeling the same thing (also with Oblivion GOTY Deluxe), but I just don't think $20 is enough to justify an impulse buy. I say wait, even if it's another year.

[quote name='jester55']
Is todays deal as good as it gets for FO3 GOTY the next year? [/QUOTE]
I'm feeling the same thing (also with Oblivion GOTY Deluxe), but I just don't think $20 is enough to justify an impulse buy. I say wait, even if it's another year.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I bit on F.E.A.R. Complete Pack, Super Meat Boy, and P.B. Winterbottom (how can one say no for $0.50?).[/QUOTE]
I don't think getting excited justifies a double post with another annoying gif.

[quote name='unopepito06']I'm also considering Torchlight, I've never really played the Dungeon Crawler type before, but again, this one looks interested to me. :lol: [/QUOTE]

Torchlight is a lot of fun even if you're not normally a fan of the genre. There's a lot to the game, and the variety of enemies and dungeon maps is a nice touch. My husband has taken over my Steam account the last couple weeks to finish a campaign he started ages ago, and he's sunk 30 hours into the game in the last week and a half.

[quote name='solisnk']Super Meat Boy is a bitch to play on the keyboard, definitely need to hook up the controller.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine playing that game on PC. I like it just fine on the 360.

[quote name='hpv']Wow, none of this is really setting my shit on fire this year. Kinda disappointing if I foolishly let myself believe that this is as good as it's going to get.[/QUOTE]

It's only day 1. Believe me, they'll discount the crack you need.

Picked up Bad Company 2.. would have got SMB if didn't have it on 360.. still contemplating getting it for that price though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back