Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, Merry Christmas to those of you that celebrate it. I know its kind of OT but its been cool comparing deals with you guys over these Steam sales

[quote name='DualHelix']Most of the time a manual update of punkbuster fixes issues as well. Just go to the punkbuster website and download the newest version.[/QUOTE]
I figured as much (that's how I un-borked it when mine went haywire), but I just figured I'd report a bit of Googling just in case. :p
Steam overlay fixes would be great, haven't tried it yet. (Also, Even Balance either forgot what websites look like nowadays, or they're too damn lazy...I choose the latter)

Expensive day for me today with overlord, king Arthur, Sam and max, and torchlight, but what the hey. I just spent $400 to get out to my parents house for Christmas so what's another 25 matter?

[quote name='jazyje']Was MAFIA II ever lower on steam than $12.50 it is on amazon? TIA.[/QUOTE]

Not yet... I'm betting we'll see a daily deal on it but I don't expect it to beat the $12.50 price.

Since you can activate the game on Steam, I'd recommend anyone who likes the price to jump on it at the Amazon PC downloads.

Ugh, so torn on King Arthur. Curious about it - downloaded the demo, and played it for a bit. Seemed intriguing, but at the same time, I know I don't really need it. But then, it's only $5. Such choices - truly, it's a hard life.

[quote name='plutoknight']You'd say that $22 bucks for all 5 episodes would be good then? How long is the first one?

And any idea if this is just a "first week" sale or if its actuallly part of the holiday sale.[/QUOTE]

For me, its worth it. I love Telltale games but I only preordered Tales of Monkey Island and Back to the Future because they were childhood favorites. If you are a fan of Telltale, a fan of these types of games, and a fan of BttF then defiantly should be worth it. I beat Episode 1 in 2-3 hours.

I don't think it would go on sale for cheaper so soon but who knows!

I'll pick up other stuff as it pops up (and already have), but I'm hoping for a daily deal on Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga.

I have been so close to picking up the vanilla version several times. But after reading how they fixed a few of the issues in this version (and tacked on an expansion), it leaves me wanting to pick it up finally.

I'll probably get it for the $26 and some change if it doesn't go daily deal, but $19.99 would be sweet.

[quote name='Fearbeard']Not yet... I'm betting we'll see a daily deal on it but I don't expect it to beat the $12.50 price.

Since you can activate the game on Steam, I'd recommend anyone who likes the price to jump on it at the Amazon PC downloads.[/QUOTE]

So I assume they givve you a keycode and you dont even have to bother with Amazons downloader?

Thanks Firvagor for linking the burnout freebie in the Steam Deal thread, much appreciated :D
Oh and Merry Christmas everyone!
6992a77b23834af0a68a3f915999a7f5.jpeg

[quote name='lordopus99']Should I pull on Counterstrike or do you think one of the packs that contain it will be part of the sale later on?[/QUOTE]

keep a lookout for the valve pack. thats where i got it

[quote name='guyver2077']Will there be an xmas update today?[/QUOTE]

I would think so. Even if the Valve guys aren't at work today, there's probably just an automated server script that posts the new deals.

I couldn't help myself, got the overlord complete pack. I played the demo, and got enjoyment out of the point and click destruction...but had told myself I'd pass. Well, Christmas spirit just bought the complete pack...

[quote name='iso135']I couldn't help myself, got the overlord complete pack. I played the demo, and got enjoyment out of the point and click destruction...but had told myself I'd pass. Well, Christmas spirit just bought the complete pack...[/QUOTE]

Same here. Played the demo on the 360 and it was fun, though the controls weren't the best. Hoping for a better experience on PC. $3.00 already makes it a better experience :)

I own over 40 PC games :hot: now thanks to Steam. My 1tb hard drive is getting raped... its over 1/4 full and I still haven't installed Mass Effect 2 and some other games!

Where are you guys keeping all of these games?

[quote name='Unicorntard']I own over 40 PC games :hot: now thanks to Steam. My 1tb hard drive is getting raped... its over 1/4 full and I still haven't installed Mass Effect 2 and some other games!

Where are you guys keeping all of these games?[/QUOTE]

I don't keep all of my games installed, only a couple dozen at a time.

[quote name='Unicorntard']I own over 40 PC games :hot: now thanks to Steam. My 1tb hard drive is getting raped... its over 1/4 full and I still haven't installed Mass Effect 2 and some other games!

Where are you guys keeping all of these games?[/QUOTE]

Uninstalled until I actually start them.
Which will be sometime in the next decade.

I've got a 1TB HD just for steam that's got 250GB left, and another 1TB HD for other games with 300GB left. Probably by this time next year I'll need another one. No more bays left that my video card doesnNt intrude upon though. :( stupid impuliveness.

[quote name='Terlan']Pulled the trigger on King Arthur. Still on the fence with the Ghost Recon games. Is Advanced war fighter good?[/QUOTE]

I just bit on the Ghost Recon -- reviews were too good... It's 5 games for $10!!!

You don't need everything installed at once, you know. :p

As much as I'd like DA, this sale price isn't enough to make me buy it at the moment, plus I've spent quite a bit up to this point. I'm fine with that, plenty to keep me busy anyway.
In for Monkey Island, and I kinda wish there was a discounted Splinter Cell bundle.

Let today's post flooding begin!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='drakesvg']Hmm Dragon Age Ultim FOr 24 Bucks,, tempting was hopein for sub 20 but looks like thats as low as it will be....hmmm[/QUOTE]

I think I am waiting for Dragon Age Ultimate to be at least sub $20 especially with DAO: 2 releasing in a couple months. It is bound to be on sale for this price again before the next game comes out.

I have the original DAO with a couple of the DLC's- Wardens Keep and another so it would still be cheaper to pick up the Ultimate Edition rather than buying Awakenings and the DLC seperate.

Flatout, Flatout 2, Flatout UC, Red Faction and Red Faction 2 for me.. I've always loved RF and RF2. I have RF:G on PS3 and 360 so no need for that on PC.

Really tempted by B:AA, but I bought it as part of Microsoft's GFW platform.. I want it on Steam though!

[quote name='CountChoculitis']I think I am waiting for Dragon Age Ultimate to be at least sub $20 especially with DAO: 2 releasing in a couple months. It is bound to be on sale for this price again before the next game comes out.

I have the original DAO with a couple of the DLC's- Wardens Keep and another so it would still be cheaper to pick up the Ultimate Edition rather than buying Awakenings and the DLC seperate.[/QUOTE]

Precisely what I'm thinking. Plus with all these other games for under $10 and even under $5, I'll have plenty to tide me over until that happens!

Dragon Age is a great deal for anyone who doesn't have it - sadly, I have it on the 360, and I can't justify $25 to re-purchase it, especially since I haven't touched Awakenings. Of course, the patch support on the PC is much, much better than on the 360 - I'm not sure the 360 has even gotten the big patch it needs to fix things like the rogue damage problems.

Also kind of disappointed - was hoping that Civ IV would drop in price further when they put Civ V, but apparently $6.49 is the best I'll see on that for a while.

Also, that's a great price on the Monkey Island games - I paid what, $10 for the second one with the first as a free bonus? And that was still an excellent deal - $3.75 is an absolute STEAL.

Very surprised, though - was expecting more Valve games on sale for Christmas proper. Still waiting for a price on TF2 that I can't refuse, but apparently, that day is not today.

Picked up Dragon Age Ultimate and Blue Toad. I might pick up FlatOut, any opinions on it?

A lot of great deals there but I own many of the games.

All of the following are worth it:

Monkey Island is a must buy at that price.
Batman
Shank
Tropico

Civ 5 sale is a bit disappointing. It's been that price a lot and I've seen it in stores for less. It's a steamworks game so no matter where you buy it, you can activate it on steam.

Uninspired by these deals?

Definitely in for:
Monkey Island Pack
Batman AA Goty

Definitely Considering:
Flatout
Red Faction

Good price on DA Ultimate...but I'll pass for now.

Any suggestions on which flatouts/red factions to get? Or any?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back