Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
God, I've been on the fence with IL2 Sturmovik for nearly 24 hours now.... C'mon, help me make up my mind... Consider I have no joystick, but do have a wireless xbox controller....

[quote name='sublime90']its just about noon time....its my day off, im about to crack open a colt 45 and see what new deals steam has for us. if nothing good im playing assassins creed 2 and crysis all day.
a recap, Batman GOTY (7.50) shank (7.50) lara croft (5.10) AC2 DE (17.50) Crysis Max Ed (10.00) yeah thats not bad technically 6 games for 47.60 thank you steam we love you. viva la pc gaming!!![/QUOTE]

Drinking colts at noon ahhahah

Oh man, 10 minutes left. Though I believe I've grabbed the big prizes of the sale (For example: Lara Croft, Super Meat Boy, and DOOM.), I cannot wait to see what appears next.

[quote name='sublime90']its just about noon time....its my day off, im about to crack open a colt 45 and see what new deals steam has for us. if nothing good im playing assassins creed 2 and crysis all day.
a recap, Batman GOTY (7.50) shank (7.50) lara croft (5.10) AC2 DE (17.50) Crysis Max Ed (10.00) yeah thats not bad technically 6 games for 47.60 thank you steam we love you. viva la pc gaming!!![/QUOTE]

I have 6 bottles of budweiser in the fridge. hmmm...better wait, or go pick up more. ha.

I was very tempted with the Doom pack, but I'm waiting for a repeat of the full id pack like they had earlier this year. Here's hoping they do it again soon!

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Hahaha, oh no, everyone! It's another "back to normal page" crossover day!

Everyone panic![/QUOTE]

and let the madness ensue.....haha

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Hahaha, oh no, everyone! It's another "back to normal page" crossover day!

Everyone panic![/QUOTE]

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :booty:

Greed Corp, Archon Classic & Sword & Soldiers @ $2.50 each. Nice.

Amnesia is only $4.80 if you own another Penumbra-and-you-do-because-you-didn't-miss-the-humble-indie-bundle-did-you?

If you load the client, you can see the sales on the News page.

Sniper: Ghost Warrior - 75% off
Dead Space - 66% Off
Brothers in Arms - 75% off
City of Heroes: Going Rogue - 75% off
Quake Collection - 66% off
Amnesia: The Dark Descent - 66% off
Plants vs. Zombies - 60% off
Greed Corp - 75% off
Kane & Lynch 2 - 75% off
Hearts of Iron III Complete - 75% off
The Ball - 75% off
Swords & Soldiers HD - 75% off

Edit: Doh, beaten out by the website. So much for trying to be helpful.

Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood 75% off games
Amnesia: The Dark Descent $6.80
Greed Corp $2.50
Hearts of Iron 3 Complete $14.10
The Ball $4.99
City of Heroes Going Rogue Complete Collection $10
Swords and Soldiers HD $2.50
Dead Space $6.80
Sniper: Ghost Warrior $7.50
QUAKE collection $10.20
Plants vs Zombies $4
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days $4.99

Indie deal is Archon Classic, $2.50

EDIT: ninja'd :p

A lot of great deals today. I am tempted by dead space, Quake collection, Swords and Soldiers, Greed, Amnesia, etc

Waiting to hear the European prices though

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']hm tempted by amnesia: the dark descent for $6.80...

that game makes silent hill and resident evil 1 look like kirby's epic yarn[/QUOTE]

I bought it on the recent sale where it was $10, I think it was a weekend deal a few weeks ago, anyway, TOTALLY WORTH IT. One of the scariest games I have EVER played.

Minor interest in BiA since I only finished the first one. I may regret it, but I'm going to get Sniper: Ghost Warrior even though the reviews are relatively sucky. I'm a sucker for games in a jungle setting and I almost got it the one other time it was on sale for $14.99.

Looking for someone to gift Amnesia(its cheaper for anyone that owns a Penumbra game). Anyone that is doing so I would appreciate the help!

Edit - Ermmm wait...I own the humble indy bundle so why dont I already have Punumbera....)

Wow, quickest turn-around against old sales I've seen yet. Had Rush in my cart to bundle with more purchases, by 12:08 CST I finally finished browsing the new deals and it was back to $2.50.

Oh well, now I have more time to deliberate Greed Corp, Swords & Sorcerers and Archon Classic.

Alright, I'm looking for some help! What I'm interested in today are:

Plants vs. Zombies GotY
Swords and Soldiers HD
Greed Corp
Brothers in Arms (Road to Hill 30 or Earned in Blood)

I do want to conserve as much money as possible for the last few days, but if anybody can give me some idea... I'm thinking just Plants and Zombies, but Swords and Soldiers HD sounds AWESOME...

Odd, I wanted to pick up Amnesia, but it's not showing up the discounted price of $4.80 since I already own Penumbra: Overture. Is this affecting anyone else? Should I wait a bit to see if this get's fixed?

EDIT: Nevermind. I was apparently not signed in. Once I did, the price changed in the cart.

Amnesia is great at that price too bad I bought earlier this month. I'm getting Plants vs Zombies and maybe the Brothers in Arms pack... are swords & soldiers and the ball any good

[quote name='Vulgarism']Alright, I'm looking for some help! What I'm interested in today are:

Plants vs. Zombies GotY
Swords and Soldiers HD
Greed Corp
Brothers in Arms (Road to Hill 30 or Earned in Blood)

I do want to conserve as much money as possible for the last few days, but if anybody can give me some idea... I'm thinking just Plants and Zombies, but Swords and Soldiers HD sounds AWESOME...[/QUOTE]

Plants v. Zombies was fun for a while but I grew bored of it. $4.00 would have been a much reasonable price for it imo.

That's all I can offer.

Jumping on Amnesia for $4.80. And it plays on Mac! :D

[quote name='Phrozenx']What kind of DRM does dead space use? any limits?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it doesn't have any on Steam. It doesn't show anything like SecuROM (like I think it had) on the Steam store page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back