Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crzyboy88']Seeing as how Sunday will be repeats, the next update will be the last new games on sale.

It's sad to see the sales end.[/QUOTE]

Do you think it will be a repeat? They already had a 'greatest hits' from the sale several days ago.

Yes, I noticed that tomorrow is the last day. Sad to see it end, and even sadder to think that we'll have to wait 6 months for the summer sale. Guess we have to play what we bought tough.

So tomorrow is the last day in the sense of the last day there will be new deals right? Just wanted to make sure that the sale ends AFTER tomorrow ends not when tomorrow starts. I still have a few games like Painkiller and Patricians I am holding off on buying till last day, I just want to make sure I do not accidentally wait a day too long ;)

I put in a few more hours on Team Fortress 2 for 360. I quickly started to get better, and have a good feel about the game. This last time we won CTF 3 to 2 and I didn't do TOO poorly (10/11 k/d, a couple assists, one capture, etc.) as a heavy.

However, when I first started I did notice there were only two games even open on 360! One 12 man, and one 16 man. The PC version must be WAYYYY more active than that, right?

If the PC version is more active, I will most certainly pull the trigger for the five bucks. At that price, it could easily be one of my cheapest, yet most played games.

Yeah I'm also interested in any comments on Max and the Magic Marker or Crayon Physics. I like the look of Toki Tori and Delve Deeper, but the other games in the Kids pack look like they're only for ... errr ... kids!

Would either of these two games be of interest to adults?

[quote name='u.v.bunny']Yeah I'm also interested in any comments on Max and the Magic Marker or Crayon Physics. I like the look of Toki Tori and Delve Deeper, but the other games in the Kids pack look like they're only for ... errr ... kids!

Would either of these two games be of interest to adults?[/QUOTE]

One of my friends has Crayon Physics Deluxe and it's a charming little game. A solid 7.5/10.

Basically you draw whatever wacky or practical thing you can think of that will use the laws of motion to get the red ball from one side of the screen to the star at the other. You can create something as complex as a Rube Goldberg machine to do the task or even something simple like a sliding penis. It's totally dependent on your imagination.

[quote name='macschwag14']Could you let me know how Max and the Magic Marker is? That's one of the two games I really want from the Kid's Pack.

The only thing that's holding me from buying this is that pretty, pretty pony game. Somehow I think it will stand out in my collection. I guess I could pass it off as an RPG though...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='u.v.bunny']Yeah I'm also interested in any comments on Max and the Magic Marker or Crayon Physics. I like the look of Toki Tori and Delve Deeper, but the other games in the Kids pack look like they're only for ... errr ... kids!

Would either of these two games be of interest to adults?[/QUOTE]

There are demos for both games available on Steam. You guys could try them out and maybe report back with your opinions.

DITO!
we brought steam to their knees again! LOL!

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Anyone else having problems with steam? I cant load any steam pages.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Anyone else having problems with steam? I cant load any steam pages.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm having problems connecting both with the steam client and with steam pages in firefox.

At least now I know it's not just me. The store is down but the library of games is up

Yeah, Steam sites are loading super slow. I guess everyone's anxiously waiting for the last day of new deals. I personally don't have anything to look for at this point.

[quote name='iso135']
However, when I first started I did notice there were only two games even open on 360! One 12 man, and one 16 man. The PC version must be WAYYYY more active than that, right?[/QUOTE]
Oh hell yeah. You'll never have trouble finding a server.

Hoping for some kick @ss deals today or tomorrow....this is the first time in a number of years that I have successfully fought off the Borg until the New Year.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']I think you can pretty much decide if you'll enjoy RA3 by watching the following...

If you liked that, then you'll probably enjoy the game :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well, the game has always tempted me by having some of my favorite actors hamming it up. Plus, I've always enjoyed Frank Klepachi's soundtrack to the C&C games.

Problem is, with my backlog of games, I just don't see myself playing them anytime soon.

[quote name='Firvagor']Yeah, Steam sites are loading super slow. I guess everyone's anxiously waiting for the last day of new deals.[/QUOTE]
Tomorrow's the last day.

[quote name='iso135']I put in a few more hours on Team Fortress 2 for 360. I quickly started to get better, and have a good feel about the game. This last time we won CTF 3 to 2 and I didn't do TOO poorly (10/11 k/d, a couple assists, one capture, etc.) as a heavy.

However, when I first started I did notice there were only two games even open on 360! One 12 man, and one 16 man. The PC version must be WAYYYY more active than that, right?

If the PC version is more active, I will most certainly pull the trigger for the five bucks. At that price, it could easily be one of my cheapest, yet most played games.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, the PC version is always extremely active. And there are servers with all sorts of mods, larger teams, and custom maps. Its an unbeatable value if you like online shooters. And the graphics setting scale extremely well to different hardware.

Picked up Flight Control HD and after playing for about 5 mins I had to gift it to my dad as well. Really fun game and great concept.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone :)

Also decided to grab the stalker bundle even though I got the first one last year for $2. With the new complete mod on the horizon I think $5 is fair. Paid $5 last year for clear sky. Spent $12 total on the Stalker trilogy. $4 each isnt bad at all :)

Also picked up the indie 2D pack and I love it. Galcon Fusion came out of nowhere and I really enjoy it. And of course VVVVVV is great as everyone seems to already know lol.

I am about 2 seconds away from grabbing the Future Pack. That one looks great for $5.

Is the recap all of the games that where on sale for the last day or a select few? This is my first steam holiday sale.

[quote name='Jut']Is the recap all of the games that where on sale for the last day or a select few? This is my first steam holiday sale.[/QUOTE]

Select few.

Question:

Dawn of Discovery Gold VS Civilization IV Complete?
Which would you buy if you are new to this genre?
Has Dawn of Discovery Gold ever been cheaper?

Thanks!

[quote name='bigant262']How is Flight Control HD? And do you guys think Bioshock will go any cheaper?[/QUOTE]

FCHD is fun for what it is. I have a similar game for my phone, but FC has additional runways to keep it interesting.

I bought Bioshock last year for $5 and it is the same price this year.

[quote name='supershammy']I agree with the above poster: while the AI is a bit wonky in the first game, it's still by all standards an awesome game that is still unique to this day. The plot of it is key to understanding the first mission of Hitman 2 (if I remember correctly), and then Blood Money basically makes no sense if you haven't played either to be quite honest.

Hitman 2 is just an amazing game to this day, it's just that Blood Money refined and built upon the whole concept of playing as a hitman so it's easy to recommend it over Hitman 2. Hitman 2 has some extremely impressive missions and level structure though, so if you like the Hitman idea, 2.50 or whatever is, without question, WORTH IT.

Just to reiterate, all Hitman games are great, but Blood Money is the best game of the bunch in a technical sense.[/QUOTE]

I want to get into Hitman series but never really into stealth-based game. It just feel so slow for me. I enjoy tactic and strategy on wargame, not action adventure game

[quote name='jester55']Question:

Dawn of Discovery Gold VS Civilization IV Complete?
Which would you buy if you are new to this genre?
Has Dawn of Discovery Gold ever been cheaper?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

It all depends on scope. DoD seems more focused on the age of sale and exploration. Civ IV spans all of human history.

I don't have DoD, but I can tell you Civ IV has held my attention for days, weeks, even months. Especially with the Beyond the Sword expansion (included in Complete).

after much deliberating, decided to bite on star wars pack and stalker pack.

picked up flight control and squarelogic yesterday.

hope to see comeback: recettear, trials 2, arcadia, shatter (missed these deals earlier).

[quote name='agentghost']I want to get into Hitman series but never really into stealth-based game. It just feel so slow for me. I enjoy tactic and strategy on wargame, not action adventure game[/QUOTE]

Every time I play a Metal Gear game, I don't have the patience for the stealth. I just blow through with guns blazing lol.

[quote name='agentghost']I want to get into Hitman series but never really into stealth-based game. It just feel so slow for me. I enjoy tactic and strategy on wargame, not action adventure game[/QUOTE]

That's the beauty of Hitman... you can play the missions as slow or as fast as you would like with varying results for either path. Granted some missions require you to stay stealthy not to scare away your mark. The whole collection is classic IMHO.

Can't wait to see what steam brings us today. Potato anyone? lol

Thanks for the response.

Already heard the complaints about FarCry2 but what if you are looking to get FarCry1? How is it? Seems like a good call to pick up the second free with the pack!

Also, is the second STALKER good enough at $5 if you already own the first? Bought is over a year ago for $2.49 and really dont see them doing taht again since this is like the 3rd time for the pack at $5 only!

[quote name='Lord_Zath']It all depends on scope. DoD seems more focused on the age of sale and exploration. Civ IV spans all of human history.

I don't have DoD, but I can tell you Civ IV has held my attention for days, weeks, even months. Especially with the Beyond the Sword expansion (included in Complete).[/QUOTE]

Bionic Commando Pack $12.49
Company of Heroes 75%
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga $19.99
Medal of Honor $29.99
Mafia II $12.49
The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom $24.99
Zeno Clash $3.75
Half-Life 75% (85% off if you own L4D or L4D2)
Swarm Arena $2.50
AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity $2.50
Football Manager 2011 $26.79

Indie deal is Ion Assault, $2.50

Yeah! Bionic Commando Complete Pack! I went crazy when this was $11.24 during the Summer sale. Again, I recommend it for those that even have the slightest interest in Bionic Commando: Rearmed.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed is an excellent game and worth the $12.49 price tag.

Only thing I want is the Bionic Commando pack. Want MoH as well but will wait until it's cheaper. The Mafia 2 and CoH deals are win if you don't have them already.

[quote name='sp8001']I will get HL1 Source to complete my list once they update the price to show 85% off

The indie game looks promising.[/QUOTE]

It's showing $1.49 for me right now. Picked up that and the two HL2 episodes. Can't say I'm complaining, but I hope they put BF Bad Company 2 up again tomorrow for $6 and change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back