Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno if anyone noticed, but they just put up a pre-order deal for Homefront, pre-order and get Metro 2033 for free, you can gift it if you already own it. Went back a few pages and didn't see this, apologies if it is already up.

[quote name='KingDox']Anyone remember how much DOW 2: Chaos Rising was back durring the xmas sale?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WebScud']I just sent the game to you. Happy holidays.

[quote name='juden66'][quote name='WebScud'][quote name='juden66']Im down. paypal ready. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I just bought the pack.

You can PayPal $5 email[/QUOTE]

Sent please gift game to email Thanks sir.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

5 smackers GB wise.

For the record, DoW: Burning Crusade and Soulstorm AREN'T DLC. They are full, stand-along games. The only benefit you get from having the others are they unlock all the previous races in multiplayer. If you just want to play singleplayer, just getting Soulstorm is a good idea (you can play as all the races in single player and the campange is probably the best one, with maybe Dark Crusade being almost as good).
Just saying.
Chaos Rising, on the other hand, is an expansion for DoW2 (and a dang good one at that).

Ok deals on the DoW games. They've been this price before and I think maybe ever cheaper. Would have been much nicer if they were 75% off, but that's how it goes sometimes.

[quote name='Shadowiii']For the record, DoW: Burning Crusade and Soulstorm AREN'T DLC. They are full, stand-along games. The only benefit you get from having the others are they unlock all the previous races in multiplayer. If you just want to play singleplayer, just getting Soulstorm is a good idea (you can play as all the races in single player and the campange is probably the best one, with maybe Dark Crusade being almost as good).
Just saying.
Chaos Rising, on the other hand, is an expansion for DoW2 (and a dang good one at that).[/QUOTE]

Ha, you must have been thinking of WoW when you typed Burning Crusade instead of Dark Crusade. Also, if you get Soulstorm, won't you be missing out on all the other SP campaigns? And I thought the internet said the Soulstorm was the worst of the DoW1 games?

So the CAG Community Award thread is up and I gave EastX a plug for doing great work on the Steam threads. Be sure to do the same if agree!

[quote name='Shadowiii']For the record, DoW: Burning Crusade and Soulstorm AREN'T DLC. They are full, stand-along games. The only benefit you get from having the others are they unlock all the previous races in multiplayer. If you just want to play singleplayer, just getting Soulstorm is a good idea (you can play as all the races in single player and the campange is probably the best one, with maybe Dark Crusade being almost as good).
Just saying.
Chaos Rising, on the other hand, is an expansion for DoW2 (and a dang good one at that).[/QUOTE]

since retribution is stand alone, is there any benefit from also owning dow2 and chaos rising? do the two games unlock anything in retribution?

Nope. Relic has said you don't need the previous DoW2 games to unlock races in Retribution. The only thing you'd really be gaining by owning them is the campaigns, and access to GFWL gamerscore if you give a shit about that.

[quote name='cruzfactor']since retribution is stand alone, is there any benefit from also owning dow2 and chaos rising? do the two games unlock anything in retribution?[/QUOTE]
yup, any benefit? just curious about that.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Ok deals on the DoW games. They've been this price before and I think maybe ever cheaper. Would have been much nicer if they were 75% off, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Ha, you must have been thinking of WoW when you typed Burning Crusade instead of Dark Crusade. Also, if you get Soulstorm, won't you be missing out on all the other SP campaigns? And I thought the internet said the Soulstorm was the worst of the DoW1 games?

So the CAG Community Award thread is up and I gave EastX a plug for doing great work on the Steam threads. Be sure to do the same if agree![/QUOTE]

Ha, whoops. I don't even play WoW.
I didn't mind Soulstorm, but Dark Crusade is the one I spent the most time with and loved it too. The first DoW and Winter Assault had HORRIBLE single player, though. Like comparability poor.
Soulstorm is almost exactly the same as Dark Crusade's except Soulstorm's is on multiple planets, and Dark Crusade's is on one. Soulstorm also has some weird technical missteps (the biggest being longer load times for no reason whatsoever), but I found the game to be solid. I like the new races, too.
Yes, I'm a huge DoW fan. I'd recommend them all! They make for fun multiplayer on LAN, and the single player in DoW2 and Chaos Rising is also straight up fun.

[youtube]5M939eaBAa0[/youtube][youtube]__8sClNC4Tk[/youtube]

Steam Games on Sale - Updated 2/10

[youtube]fbmzYstJvwg[/youtube][youtube]dEIpYPP16D8[/youtube]

DLC on Sale - Updated 2/10

[quote name='Dragonsbane']anyone ever have full games pop up in your account with out buying them?[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, when free weekends happen, but those are clearly advertised, and everyone gets them. Did something suddenly appear in your list?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Well, yeah, when free weekends happen, but those are clearly advertised, and everyone gets them. Did something suddenly appear in your list?[/QUOTE]

Dawn of War 2 Retribution by any chance?

Damn how did you know? I ask because its happened before, I got dow2 chaos rising without buying it, I bought a thq pack but it was a few month prior to its release......

In terms of critical quality, today's deal on Batman seems to be the best.
My bet would be Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Just Cause and Hitman games will be among the sales in the coming days. More than likely a few of those will be by series for the day.

I would like to see front mission on sale for 50 off or more. I've got most of the games since it is a combination of the old eidos pack and the squareenix pack.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Portal 2 pack. Not bad, $40 a piece. Pluss you get Portal original. Unless K-Mart can beat that with a credit, I think I'mma 2 pack.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's super tempting. I told myself I would hold off, as Valve games seem to drop to $5 during a sale within a year. It IS Portal though...

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Yeah, that's super tempting. I told myself I would hold off, as Valve games seem to drop to $5 during a sale within a year. It IS Portal though...[/QUOTE]

But then you won't be a part of all the internet inside jokes!

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']But then you won't be a part of all the internet inside jokes![/QUOTE]

Argh, you're right. I'll miss out on all the portal 2 versions of companion cube/cake/"Still Alive." Then when I am in the loop, the internet will be sick of all that already. If I can get the game for $5-$10 within a year though, I might just have to deal with it.

[quote name='EvilEvincar']In terms of critical quality, today's deal on Batman seems to be the best.
My bet would be Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Just Cause and Hitman games will be among the sales in the coming days. More than likely a few of those will be by series for the day.[/QUOTE]

ARG, if I only waited like 1.5 months I could have saved $4 dollars!!!! :D

I am interested if they break up the SE pack, I'd love to pick up some of the games that I don't have without having to buy the complete pack.

Hitman and Tomb raider would be sweet.

[quote name='EvilEvincar']In terms of critical quality, today's deal on Batman seems to be the best.
My bet would be Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Just Cause and Hitman games will be among the sales in the coming days. More than likely a few of those will be by series for the day.[/QUOTE]

I am willing to bet $5 that Front Mission will be on sale. That game did terribly and is currently sitting at $50. If they can slap a fat 66-80% off, I'm sure they'll draw in a lot of people who think they're getting a great deal, but are really just spending what most sites have it at now.

i'm hoping for another crack at guardian of light... passed on it during the holiday sale and i wish i hadn't. i'd probably pick up one or both of the battlestations games at the right price as well.

[youtube]7sr9CPEkXXE[/youtube][youtube]Gr_oSOSTfbA[/youtube]

Steam Games on Sale - Updated 2/14

[youtube]fbmzYstJvwg[/youtube][youtube]pD7gd8vVqGQ[/youtube]

DLC on Sale - Updated 2/14

[youtube]GRfd0AgJl_Y[/youtube][youtube]KhOBVg2awB0[/youtube]

Preorder Deals (Sales/Bonuses/etc.) - Updated 2/14

hmmm.... I actually don't own any of the games in the SquareEnix pack... but other than Batman, Tomb Raider, Front Mission, I don't have that much interest in the other games (well, mildly in the sense of trying them since i've heard of them but something I could wait until next holiday sale for).

Suggestions/input?

Thanks,

C

Is there no group (couple) thread for Portal 2?

Well I'll probably end up buying it and gift it once I find a partner.

just cause 2 is worthy. i just dont think the pack is worth it. you could get the decent stuff for mush less during sales id imagine.

I think the $75 price isnt bad at all considering all you get. Problem for me is I own a lot of the games in it already making it not as attractive. It still has me a bit tempted. (Insert typical comment on wishing I was able to gift extra copies to friends).

• Hitman: Blood Money
  • Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
  • Deus Ex: Invisible War
  • Tomb Raider: Anniversary
  • Just Cause 2
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition
  • Supreme Commander 2
  • Supreme Commander 2: Infinite War Battle Pack

Snagged Batman AA since I passed on it during the Christmas sale. I'm hoping to see Front Mission and the Battlestation games go on sale.

New sales just went live. Just Cause for $3.75 and Just cause 2 for $7.50

I definitely recommend Just Cause 2. There aren't many games out there with such an unapologetic focus on good old fashion fun and chaos. It's like the earlier GTA games on supercrack.

[quote name='rybrad']Just Cause 2 is awesome. I put over 75 hours into and had a blast. You can't go wrong with it for $7.50.[/QUOTE]

Fully agree! I spent over 60 hours myself and had an absolute blast. I love Just Cause 2.

Please don't buy the first one though, it is horrible.

[quote name='mkaliaz']Fully agree! I spent over 60 hours myself and had an absolute blast. I love Just Cause 2.

Please don't buy the first one though, it is horrible.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the first one, but it's eclipsed heavily by the sequel.

[quote name='topplehat']I enjoyed the first one, but it's eclipsed heavily by the sequel.[/QUOTE]

Is it atleast worth 3.75? The completest in me wants it but not sure it is really worth it since I have JC2 already...

JC2 is a lot of fun as far as gameplay. I found the story to be kinda meh but overall a great game. Wish it was cheaper so I could try justifying a second purchase.

[youtube]5kjs-SC70Wg[/youtube][youtube]Gr_oSOSTfbA[/youtube]

Steam Games on Sale - Updated 2/15

[youtube]fbmzYstJvwg[/youtube][youtube]dIszGyZvOMo[/youtube]

[quote name='jester55']Is it atleast worth 3.75? The completest in me wants it but not sure it is really worth it since I have JC2 already...[/QUOTE]

I recently tried to play it (but the 360 version) and really couldn't stand it. Especially not after playing the 2nd. I would NOT recommend paying $3.75 for it. I paid $4 for the 360 version and regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back