Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went ahead and got Anniversary (have the others from the SE pack), Challenge Pack 1&3 and the Legacy of Kain pack for GoL. I love the game, and the K&L pack is hilarious with the new dialogue. I was unimpressed with Challenge Room 2 (seemed like Horde Mode), but for a couple bucks I can have the whole collection.

And Civ IV. Because, I should.

Tempted to buy, but I am not sure if I would rather have them on the ps3. If they offered all as a combo pack I would probably consider it more (unless I am not seeing it).

Picked up Anniversary, Legend, Underworld and the remaining dlc for LC:atGoL. Can't go wrong with any of the games on sale today. Just don't expect Uncharted 2.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is one of my ABSOLUTE favorite games of the recent couple of years. It's smart, it's well designed, it's good fun in single-player and great with friends. Good puzzles, good combat. Just a good game.

I've got all the Tomb Raider games already, great games if you ask me. Even better if you have a gamepad but I played through Anniversary with just kb/m and had a great time.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']. I was unimpressed with Challenge Room 2 (seemed like Horde Mode), but for a couple bucks I can have the whole collection.[/QUOTE]
I'm wondering if I should pick up the challenge room packs for GoL, but this comment makes me a bit vary. I haven't tried the base game yet but I own it and I'm a Tomb Raider fan so I have no doubt I'll like it, but I have no interest in "horde mode" gameplay.

Is the Challenge room 2 really like that and how are the others? Anyone care to elaborate on this?

[quote name='TestType']I'm wondering if I should pick up the challenge room packs for GoL, but this comment makes me a bit vary. I haven't tried the base game yet but I own it and I'm a Tomb Raider fan so I have no doubt I'll like it, but I have no interest in "horde mode" gameplay.

Is the Challenge room 2 really like that and how are the others? Anyone care to elaborate on this?[/QUOTE]

The Challenge packs come with packs of four levels each. Of those, two on average are horde mode survival style levels. They're decent fun if you want just some quick Croft shootan action.

Apart from that, you also have usually a chase level and a puzzle level. The Challenge pack puzzle levels tend to quite over the top. Some real headscratchers as well as complicated spike floor messes that require serious partner coordination. The chase levels are just harder mode type stuff of the end level hallway gauntlets. The REUNION pack's chase level brings back that giant frog thing chase for a harder gauntlet.

I don't remember if those ratios are the same for each, but it sounds about right in my head.

[quote name='RollingSkull']The Challenge packs come with packs of four levels each. Of those, two on average are horde mode survival style levels. They're decent fun if you want just some quick Croft shootan action.

Apart from that, you also have usually a chase level and a puzzle level. The Challenge pack puzzle levels tend to quite over the top. Some real headscratchers as well as complicated spike floor messes that require serious partner coordination. The chase levels are just harder mode type stuff of the end level hallway gauntlets. The REUNION pack's chase level brings back that giant frog thing chase for a harder gauntlet.

I don't remember if those ratios are the same for each, but it sounds about right in my head.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, much appreciated. That doesn't sound very appealing to me, still on the fence but looking like I'll skip it for now.

I bought GoL back when they had that big Christmas sale, did that come with the challenge pack 2? I don't remember ordering it but it says I own it already.

[quote name='bigant262']I bought GoL back when they had that big Christmas sale, did that come with the challenge pack 2? I don't remember ordering it but it says I own it already.[/QUOTE]

Same for me too - so yeah I guess it was bundled @ Christmas?:bouncy:

Went ahead and picked up Guardian of Light. I wanted it when I first saw a preview, then didn't get it during the Winter Sale (...had already spent too much :3).

Hooray!

[quote name='jester55']Same for me too - so yeah I guess it was bundled @ Christmas?:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was something along the lines of people who got it during the Christmas sale and earlier got the second puzzle pack and the Kane and Lynch pack for free since online multiplayer wasn't included at launch.

[quote name='jj5206']picked up the Civ 4 pack...really enjoying it...[/QUOTE]
Me too, Been playing Colonization for 3 hours straight now.

One question I haven't been able to find an answer for on teh interwebs:
Does each GoL player need a DLC item attached to their account or just the host?

Nice! Picked up all GoL DLC (already had Costume Pack 1 and Challenge Pack 2 from Xmas sale) and TR: Anniversary.

On a side note...the Legacy of Kain costumes just reminds me even more how I'd love to see this franchise return, even as a reboot if need be. Still have the entire collection.

I went ahead and bit on the SQEEEEEENIX complete pack because I didn't have anything in it on Steam already, and the hard copies of the few I did have I can trade out on Goozex or elsewhere.

Here's to adding a continent-sized chunk to the backlog!
clipboard01tc.jpg

Forgot to pick up the rest of the LCGOL DLC on the cheap tho. D'oh.

[youtube]X1_dNpkvKp0[/youtube][youtube]qMGgCI5ByMU[/youtube]

Steam Games on Sale - Updated 2/21

DLC on Sale - Updated 2/21

[youtube]GRfd0AgJl_Y[/youtube]

Preorder Deals (Sales/Bonuses/etc.) - Updated 2/21

Ended up grabbing Civ V as a last minute by and I'm not sure why but I really like the game more than IV. Already put 8 hours into it over two days.

I've always been curious about learning how to play/watch/understand cricket. Anyone here know if the game helps with that or if it assumes the player's understanding?

@Steam Users who own TF2

Just wanted to mention, since I'm familiar with the trading side of that game that some of you may have some stuff that has some value that you're not aware of.

In particular the hats from the recent Treasure hunt. The level 2 seems to be going for ~$10+ atm, and the level 3 (the one for everything), can go for bloody $300+... So if you have those, don't lightly trade them away, or maybe considering trading them if you're interested in an extra buck :)

Other mentionable items are the Severed Max hat ($100+) and the Big Kill($25+) and v.Luger ($20+)(given to players who bought Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse within the first week of its release) and also the MacOS Earbuds ($17+)

Yes... it's crazy out there ._.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Great deal on Ep2. But I'm curious to know how many people don't actually own it yet.[/QUOTE]

Right here! I missed the last Orange Box sale and picked up TF2 during holiday (already own Portal, HL2, and HL2 Ep1). I've been waiting on a standalone Ep2 sale for a long time, lol.

What a nice surprise! Bought.

Here I am, sitting and thinking about picking up a cricket game because it is 99 cents.

What path did I take through this life? Did I make a wrong turn? Is there a decision I could have made differently, a moment that could have been relived, an instant that might have resulted in this situation not happening?

I don't know.

And here I sit, window open, finger hovering over the "buy" button.

For a 99 cent cricket game.

This must be what taking stock feels like.

I played the demo of a Cricket game on XBL, thinking I could learn something about cricket. I played the demo over and over for about an hour, and I still had no idea what I was doing.

I don't really know if that's to deter or convince people to buy a Cricket game for 99 cents, but man, I still don't know what cricket is all about.

ProtoGalaxy is $5 (50% off) until March 2. The game just got some DLC but it's unclear if it's free or if it's premium.

The 4-pack is also 50% off bringing it to $15 ($3.75/person).

Don't know much about the game, but it looks interesting.

[quote name='moojuice']I played the demo of a Cricket game on XBL, thinking I could learn something about cricket. I played the demo over and over for about an hour, and I still had no idea what I was doing.

I don't really know if that's to deter or convince people to buy a Cricket game for 99 cents, but man, I still don't know what cricket is all about.[/QUOTE]

I played an EA Cricket game several years ago, and I'm with you - a friend and I couldn't figure it out either. You hit a ball, there's a wicket, and you run back and forth, and then....? I'm sure there are gamers on the other side of the pond that think we're idiots.

I bought red alert 3 a while back during one of thee sales so im good.

Anyone have any thoughts on proto galaxy? Im thinking of picking it up and I wanted a word from some one who owns it.

Also anyone going in on a four pack for it?

I didn't get Rugby until I played Rugby 06 and now I love the sport. But after logging a little bit in this game, I just have no idea how the scoring even works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back