Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='manyT']oh ok :D[/QUOTE]

NP man. Sims you take control of an avatar and do chores and crap. SimCity is a God mode game where you build a city and rule it.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I don't have a problem with the Sims, but these aren't cheap enough for me to bite.

If they had a Sims Complete or Sims 2 Complete up, on the other hand...[/QUOTE]

I don't think there is a The Sims 2 Complete yet. I think the individual titles still sell well enough.

My daughter loves that game and I managed to get all the titles through Goozex, Half Price Books, and the Salvation Army thrift store. The problem is that her computer's HD was barely big enough to install everything together.

[quote name='crzyboy88']I remember it being like 97 cents before. But it was a couple of sales ago.[/QUOTE]

Damn it!

[quote name='KingDox']It was 99 cents once. It may have even been free once.[/QUOTE]

Double damn it! Hopefully it goes on sale one day again.

Bought The Sims last night. I know I'm the only one. ;)

I recently got the 360 version, and my husband and I both got into it. Unfortunately, the loading times and controls for the 360 version are cumbersome, so I was dying to get the game through Steam. Until yesterday, Steam was selling the game for $39.99, so $23.99 is a nice savings. I know Sims 3 is cheaper to download direct from EA, but I just love Steam. It's kind of like having a 360 on PC. :D

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Almost all Steam games work in offline mode. IIRC the only Steam game that didn't work for me in offline mode was an indie game that used Steamworks, and that was later patched so it worked in offline mode.[/QUOTE]

Great, thanks for the info. My husband and I recently played through Bully together, with him being no his computer and me on mine. We really enjoyed the fact that one of us could play in offline mode and yet both of us could play the same game at the same time.

I bought Plants vs Zombies. I was trying the demo, didn't like it much at first. Then the 60 min you get to play it went by fast. I figured for less than $4, it's worth it.

[quote name='icedrake523']The first post is now a Wiki so we all can edit it.

I had sent Shrike a PM. He said that it was made a wiki but the setting was disabled (likely OP) but he changed it back now.[/QUOTE]

I didn't disable it. :p Wikifying it's a good idea now that I have less time on my hands.

[quote name='shibbyshoo']Looks like it's Mass Effect day!

Mass Effect 2 Deluxe Edition - $39.99
Mass Effect 2 - $19.99
Mass Effect - $19.99[/QUOTE]

Uh, those are sale prices? I surely hope not...

[quote name='JzN86']Oooo, is it worth it to get either one if I already beat it on the Xbox? Decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

Yes. If you have a good gaming rig, then the PC versions are both leagues ahead of their console counterparts. (At least in terms of graphics and smoothness. Controls are similar enough)

In for ME2. I had bought ME2 for the 360 a while back but never opened it as I would much rather play it on the PC. So now I need to sell my 360 copy lol. THanks to everyone in the thread who is updating stuff!

I'm sure I'll get a ton of shit for asking this, so I want to nip it in the bud right now. I don't care. I don't give a shit, so don't tell me it's better, but am I forced to play ME2 with a mouse and keyboard like ME1?

Dragon Age:Origins Ultimate Edition - $19.99
Plants Vs. Zombies GOTY - $3.40
Mass Effect - $5.00
Mass Effect2 - $9.99

New total for money that steam has forcefully take from me $38.38.
If tomorrow is L4D or Crysis day I'll have to stop checking the forums so that I save my wallet from any further harm.......:hot:

[quote name='Koat']Dragon Age:Origins Ultimate Edition - $19.99
Plants Vs. Zombies GOTY - $3.40
Mass Effect - $5.00
Mass Effect2 - $9.99

New total for money that steam has forcefully take from me $38.38.
If tomorrow is L4D or Crysis day I'll have to stop checking the forums so that I save my wallet from any further harm.......:hot:[/QUOTE]

L4D? Isn't that Valve? Anyway, I'm definitely picking up Mass Effect 1 but not sure about 2. Was hoping there would be some kind of GOTY version.

Jumped on ME1 and ME2 for $14.99 combined. Already own them both on 360, but with news of the third game being delayed, I can see myself playing through both games on both 360 and PC before the end of the trilogy comes next year.

[quote name='Koat']If tomorrow is L4D or Crysis day I'll have to stop checking the forums so that I save my wallet from any further harm.......:hot:[/QUOTE]

If there is a Left 4 Dead day, I'm going to be upset. I just bought 1 and 2 bundled last week for $30. The first one wasn't published by EA, was it?

Wasn't sure if i should get just regular ME2 or the digital deluxe. Seemed like very little content for 10 bucks more. what do you guys think?

[quote name='lito88']Wasn't sure if i should get just regular ME2 or the digital deluxe. Seemed like very little content for 10 bucks more. what do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought the same thing. Does not seem worth it unless you really care about the in-game items.

[quote name='Doomtime']L4D? Isn't that Valve? Anyway, I'm definitely picking up Mass Effect 1 but not sure about 2. Was hoping there would be some kind of GOTY version.[/QUOTE]

Yep, It's a valve title. I'm not sure why I thought it was EA.:roll:

[quote name='ShinSolidus']I'm sure I'll get a ton of shit for asking this, so I want to nip it in the bud right now. I don't care. I don't give a shit, so don't tell me it's better, but am I forced to play ME2 with a mouse and keyboard like ME1?[/QUOTE]

It appears that way. Games that are controller-enabled have a little "controller enabled" icon on the right side of the store page in Steam, where it also has icons for "single player", "co-op", "steam cloud enabled", etc.

(For example, check out all the little icons under Game Description for this game.)

ME1 and ME2 both do not say "controller enabled", so I would assume no. However, I haven't played it, so maybe someone who's tried can say better.

Having said all that, I am glad you asked this question. I started ME1 this month and I hate the mouse/keyboard gameplay in this game. Here, clearly, is an RPG that was designed for a controller, then ported to M&K with very little thought. Menu navigation in ME1 is terrible on PC, but I can see it would be much better with a controller; it's all positional-based. Same with conversation trees. And don't get me started on having to hold down "space" to issue tactical orders. This all feels bizarre on a M&K, but would be natural on a controller.

I actually bought an xbox controller this week, anticipating using it for GTA: IV. Now I find myself looking at my Steam library, figuring out which ported games might be better with a controller. Alas, it appears ME1 and ME2 won't be those games, although I wish they were.

[quote name='kart007k']What comes with mass effect 2 deluxe edition? Is all the dlc included?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much just what came with the physical collector's edition. Not really worth the $10 extra. I never used any of the items for more than a mission. No DLC included.

[quote name='jling84']Nice! Just bought my first Steam game ever, ME1 for $5.00![/QUOTE]

That will soon change lol Welcome to the wallet sinkhole! :applause:

Woot! Picked up ME1. I just beat 2 and am excited to see how the story began, although it saddens me I wont be able to romance Garrus lol

I'll most likely jump on ME1 but part of me wonders if they'll offer some kind of ME1+ME2 package deal at the Summer Sale.

Played through ME1 once on PC, and that was enough for me.

REALLY want to get ME2, but I'm still holding out for that GotY/Ultimate edition with all the DLC included.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Played through ME1 once on PC, and that was enough for me.

REALLY want to get ME2, but I'm still holding out for that GotY/Ultimate edition with all the DLC included.[/QUOTE]
Same here, I would really like to get ME2 but I'm still waiting to see if they put out a GotY edition so I don't have to fork out for all those DLCs. Still haven't finished the first game so at least I have that to do before I could even get to ME2.

I'm thinking about buying the original Mass Effect but I'm not sure if it will run on my computer. I have little knowledge when it comes to computer specs, so I could use some help. I have a Pentium 4 3.2 GHz with 2.5 GB of RAM and a GeForce 8400 GS graphics card. I looked on the Can you run it? website and it said I could, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Men of War -66% = 4,41€
Men of War Red Tide -66% = 10,19€
Men of War Assault Squad -66% = 6,79€

or Collector pack voor 18,02€

[quote name='Pasty']I'm thinking about buying the original Mass Effect but I'm not sure if it will run on my computer. I have little knowledge when it comes to computer specs, so I could use some help. I have a Pentium 4 3.2 GHz with 2.5 GB of RAM and a GeForce 8400 GS graphics card. I looked on the Can you run it? website and it said I could, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.[/QUOTE]

You should have no problem running the ME1 or 2 maybe not on high settings, but you can run it at medium for sure.

Thinking I might get ME1 for $5.

I already got ME2 for free with the EA promotion (ended in April) where they were providing free EA download codes for ME2 if you bought Dragon Age 2. While I did have DA2, I wasn't able to go through the steps to get the download code because PSN has been offline so emailed them about my situation and they just added ME2 to my EA download account. Nice :D

Update: Stupid backlog....just went to buy ME1 from Steam only to find I already had it in my Steam library. Must have picked it up during a previous promotion. Not the first time that's happened and I'm sure it won't be the last. But all the more reason to only buy from Steam whenever possible because otherwise I'd end up unintentionally buying multiple copies of the same game.

gonna go for ME1.
hoping theres a ME2 goty edition for all other dlc. since the ingame item from ME2 DDE is not worth it. And ME2 sale can do better than that >.> (common $5 and il bite!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back