Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lito88']Hmm not sure if it's worth it to get ds2 since I havnt beaten ds1 and I'm not sure If I'll beat it anytime soon[/QUOTE]

I dont think so. I still havent finished dead space. there really is no sense in buying a game that is not at a rock bottom price if you havent played the prior game or wont have the time to get to it in the immediate future.

I wouldve bit at $20 for it even though that goes against the logic i just described. Im certain it will be $20 or less in the next 4-5 months. and its highly unlikely I would get to it before then.

[quote name='KaitouDark']So what will tomorrow's series be? Battlefield?[/QUOTE]

Someone here said Battlefield and Medal of Honor but I don't know if he was guessing or not

[quote name='xxjonoxx']I'm probably the only one who wants Hot Pursuit for under $8[/QUOTE]

I'm sure plenty of people would like that. But there was already an NFS day and Hot pursuit was $14.99 so I think you will have to wait and see how much it is in the summer sale.

[quote name='Chris249942']is anyone else unable to run crysis? I just installed it and it keeps saying the CD key is invalid, despite steam entering it.[/QUOTE]

When you have these sorts of issues, it's best to check Steam forums. Valve is aware of the issue and working on fixing it (Supposedly the issue is on EA's side). You're not the only one effected.

Any idea what the deal for today will be? Kinda hoping it wouldn't be C&C games as I have all the ones of those I want XD

Last edited by a moderator:
I know nothing about Battlefield or MoH. Do I want them? Your answers decide my purchase.

PS: How's the online play? People use voice? Is there voice? Is there single player in Vietnam? Is it good?

moh is fine single player campaign 8-10 hours, mp sucks. BF2 single player campaign is nice, 7-8 hours, mp is much better. Vietnam is a multiplayer add-on which I don't have yet.

fuck it. I'm probably the only one here, but I actually want to see Spore drop.

Yes, really. I've been curious about it for a while now, and it hasn't gotten really cheap yet.

is MoH Airborne any good? $2.50 seems like a good deal for it.
i wish MoH Allied Assault was on steam. Id love to play that again. I dont think I ever played any of its expansions.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I know nothing about Battlefield or MoH. Do I want them? Your answers decide my purchase.

PS: How's the online play? People use voice? Is there voice? Is there single player in Vietnam? Is it good?[/QUOTE]

MOH is not that great but BFBC2 is just amazing. I actually hated the first installment but after getting the sequel for cheap, spent so many hours playing the game on ps3. Then got 360 version and now I am playing the PC version. I am sure you understand how much I love this game.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']MOH is not that great but BFBC2 is just amazing. I actually hated the first installment but after getting the sequel for cheap, spent so many hours playing the game on ps3. Then got 360 version and now I am playing the PC version. I am sure you understand how much I love this game.[/QUOTE]

You must really hate it. :cry:

[quote name='HeSaveDave']You must really hate it. :cry:[/QUOTE]

If you don't buy BC2 after watching that gamespot review I don't know what's wrong with you :)

Honestly, I felt the SP campaign was rather lacking. It was short and didn't really throw any surprises at me. There were a few highlights (need fire, I'm freezing!), but the MP is where it's really at. I'd totally jump on it if I didn't already.

Also, the SPECACT kit gives you new costumes and lets you have different loadouts for those costumes. Also, you get access to the last gun unlock for each class from the beginning, meaning you can start with the M95 Sniper, or the M16 or the MG3 or the UMP. The only really nice thing about it is most of these weapons are (usually) easier to use than the starter weapons if you start a new character, like the UMP. I actually *like* the M24 (first recon rifle), so the M95 would be situational, and such. Also, it's cheap.

I think every time Bad Company 2 is brought up, this video needs to be brought up:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZ3wXF3r14[/media]

Loved BC2 on 360 but sold my copy a while back. Very tempted but not sure how it will run on my laptop. MOH Airborne for 2.50 seems like a def purchase.

Man, I am really struggling with this one. I love playing medic. LOVE IT! But this game may be too difficult for me honestly. I dunno. Also, I love using voice chat in games like this so I'm wondering if I should get the 360 version instead. I miss being a medic. :cry:

BC2 is pretty awesome - SP and MP.

MOH - the SP is short and sweet - though, nothing really great.
Didn't test the MP out. I really should.

I'm curious - since MOH: Airborne is an older title, does the Steam version of Airborne register on EADM?
Whether you can or not - for $2.50, count me in.
I love shooters.
*shrug*

How is the community for Battlefield 2? I want to get it but not if there is no one to play with online. Gonna skip BC Vietnam, I have a feeling its going to be cheaper during the summer sale

How is MOH? I heard the SP was anywhere from ok to good. But how is MP? Is it still alive?

Also how is BF2 community? Is it still active, if so how is the player quality as far as being decent on a human level XD

Quick question... If I buy BFBC2 from Steam and sign into my EA account that I already have Vietnam activated, will I be able to use Vietnam (or do I have to purchase that through Steam as well)? I already own BFBC2 + Vietnam in EADM, I just want the convenience of Steam.

I bought Vietnam from EA when I already had BC2 on Steam DigitalE. I just punched in Vietnam's cd key in game and it activated. So I think it would work though you may want to see if someone responds with a different opinion.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Man, I am really struggling with this one. I love playing medic. LOVE IT! But this game may be too difficult for me honestly. I dunno. Also, I love using voice chat in games like this so I'm wondering if I should get the 360 version instead. I miss being a medic. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I die a lot in BC2 but I still enjoy it because there are plenty of ways to help your team without going on crazy killing sprees. You can resupply ammo, heal, revive, spot enemies, repair vehicles, shoot tracer darts, etc. I never really hear many people using voice chat on the 360 or the PC though honestly.

[quote name='DigitalE']Quick question... If I buy BFBC2 from Steam and sign into my EA account that I already have Vietnam activated, will I be able to use Vietnam (or do I have to purchase that through Steam as well)? I already own BFBC2 + Vietnam in EADM, I just want the convenience of Steam.[/QUOTE]

it should work fine.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']How is the community for Battlefield 2? I want to get it but not if there is no one to play with online. Gonna skip BC Vietnam, I have a feeling its going to be cheaper during the summer sale[/QUOTE]

Still going strong. Not as many as there used to be but thats because many people switched to Vietnam.

Snatched up BC2. Been waiting for a good price for a while, since 1/3 of the people on my list play this (the other 2/3 split between L4D and DoD).

[quote name='MysterD']BC2 is pretty awesome - SP and MP.

MOH - the SP is short and sweet - though, nothing really great.
Didn't test the MP out. I really should.

I'm curious - since MOH: Airborne is an older title, does the Steam version of Airborne register on EADM?
Whether you can or not - for $2.50, count me in.
I love shooters.
*shrug*[/QUOTE]

In case anyone else was wondering I didn't have any luck registering MoH Airborne or Battlefield 2 with EADM. But I suppose that isn't surprising if you read through the giant list of games that don't register.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Man, I am really struggling with this one. I love playing medic. LOVE IT! But this game may be too difficult for me honestly. I dunno. Also, I love using voice chat in games like this so I'm wondering if I should get the 360 version instead. I miss being a medic. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Re: voice chat, because voice is limited to the squad you are in (unless you are in a Vent/TS server with a bunch of guys), it's a little different from other games. I honestly don't hear people talking almost ever, but then I'm usually in a squad with friends.

Im hope you are getting Brink. You will like the medic in it.

Guys, I have an issue. I linked my XBOX Live account to my EA account a long time ago. The email I used we no longer have and that ISP doesn't even have anymore. EA won't let me link my Live account to my current EA account because it is linked with that dead email account. What do?

Well damn, bit on BC2 + Vietnam. I have a wired 360 controller for the PC, but I bet I should just re acclimate myself towards A/W/S/D.

I dread my upcoming horrific online stats...

[quote name='Escargoexpress']So I'm guessing that if I own the EA digital download of BC2, I can't just buy BC2:Vietnam on steam, right?[/QUOTE]

That is correct, unfortunately. You generally have to pair up Vietnam with the same way you got BC2.

There is a stickied thread in the Battlefield forum at Steam about this.

Here is the relevant scenario for you:

You have bought the base game somewhere else, and Vietnam on Steam - this is not possible, because Steam will not sell Vietnam to someone who does not have the base game on Steam.

There are other scenarios, for people who are interested in buying the two pieces on different sites. You know, I'll just put it here. No reason not to.

[quote name='Dice']
There seems to be some confusion regarding purchasing Vietnam. I hope this clears things up.

Any stores that "sell BC2 Vietnam", sell a 16-digit code. This code can be entered into the BC2 game client - any version of the game client. Entering this code unlocks Vietnam for that EA account. No additional download is necessary.

Here are some typical scenarios:

You have bought the base game on Steam, and Vietnam on Steam - this works. If you choose "Battlefield: Bad Company 2" in the Steam client, and select "View game CD key", you will see a list with all BC2-related keys - including the Vietnam key.

You have bought the base game on Steam, and someone gifts you Vietnam on Steam - this works. If you choose "Battlefield: Bad Company 2" in the Steam client, and select "View game CD key", you will see a list with all BC2-related keys - including the Vietnam key.

You have bought the base game on Steam, and Vietnam somewhere else - this works. The Vietnam expansion will not be visible in the Steam client, but you can access it in-game.

You have bought the base game somewhere else, and Vietnam somewhere else - this works.

You have bought the base game somewhere else, and Vietnam on Steam - this is not possible, because Steam will not sell Vietnam to someone who does not have the base game on Steam.
[Initially, it was possible to make this specific purchase - but Steam changed that fairly quickly.]
If you somehow did manage to make such a purchase, please contact Steam support to resolve this.

You have bought the base game on Steam, and someone has gifted you Vietnam on Steam - this works. If you choose "Battlefield: Bad Company 2" in the Steam client, and select "View game CD key", you will see a list with all BC2-related keys - including the Vietnam key.

You have bought the base game somewhere else, and someone has gifted you Vietnam on Steam - well... Long story. Sometimes the Steam client stops him/her from doing the gifting. Sometimes the gifting will succeed; Steam will then know that you have Vietnam, but you will not see it in the Steam client because you do not have the base game. Therefore you will not be able to view the 16-digit code for Vietnam. Contact Steam support to resolve this.

We have been in contact with Steam, and their support department is aware of the above.

The "Vietnam" menu in BC2 will say 'go buy the expansion' until Dec 18th. (It will still say so after you have bought the expansion.) After the 18th, the dialog will change to one where you are asked to enter your code.
[/QUOTE]I hope this helps someone here. Again, this is from a stickied Dice post on the Steam forums.

I already have Bad Company 2 + Vietnam... wondering if I should get Battlefield 2? I've really taken to BC2 after I got my new computer and knowing the game won't play like shit anymore. ;) Is it that much different from BF2?

[quote name='airwalke']I already have Bad Company 2 + Vietnam... wondering if I should get Battlefield 2? I've really taken to BC2 after I got my new computer and knowing the game won't play like shit anymore. ;) Is it that much different from BF2?[/QUOTE]

More maps, more community. No SP. Hard to go wrong at that price if you love the game!

Does Airborne have a second layer of activation besides Steam? The page reads like it does? For $2.50 I'll bite.

Already bought Bad Company 2 retail copy last year since it doesn't have activation...unfortunately EA seems to have moved back to activation again with this year's games.

[quote name='gcorlett']More maps, more community. No SP. Hard to go wrong at that price if you love the game![/QUOTE]

Done deal. :) Also realized that I'll probably be able to play BF2 on my older laptop without a problem... :applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back