Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone here have tried mount and blade? Curious because I see my one friend being addicted to it and it looks like I might be able to run 2 if not all 3 games on my machine.

Hmm.. no one mentioned anything about that game APOX on sale. Anyone with any thoughts on it? I've found a couple of reviews online but I'm thinking maybe someone here has personal experience on it?

The 4-pack is on sale for about 22.50... anyone want to split a 4 pack?

[quote name='outphase']It's not on the Steam homepage. Maybe there's hope![/QUOTE]
It is for me. :cry:

I'm surprised they'd have something like that in the first few days that they're rolling this out. Seems like you'd want to establish the event before dropping turds.

Is it wrong that that deal of the day seems vaguely interesting to me? :lol:

Not $3.40 with activation interesting, but...

Of course there are going to be stinkers with a new deal each day, there is no way around that. Look at it this way, less money out of our pockets, since Steam is so good at taking it from us to start with.

Also, with another probable summer sale starting in a lil over a month (if last year was any indication) it is a good thing to save some money right now.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Is it wrong that that deal of the day seems vaguely interesting to me? :lol:

Not $3.40 with activation interesting, but...[/QUOTE]
I'm interested too
Also
4 STAR REVIEW ON AMAZON

Now I'm debating, do I test this game or do I think of a higher priced game like Terricotta whatever and think it's 3.40 cents cheaper? lol

at first i thought daily deals was going to replace midweek madness and weekend deals. since it doesnt, i guess it makes sense to use it to discount the obscure titles.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Anyone here have tried mount and blade? Curious because I see my one friend being addicted to it and it looks like I might be able to run 2 if not all 3 games on my machine.[/QUOTE]

I bought Warband when it was on sale a few weekends ago and have sank 23 hours into it. I find it to be a really fun game but some people hate it. I'd try the demo if I were you. It can seem a bit daunting at first but once you get the hang of it and some decent troops the game really takes off.

Warband is an upgrade to mount and blade btw. It comes with a few additional things in single player and has a multilayer side of the game.

With Fire and sword is good but some people don't like the addition of fire arms or they way they were implemented. Also some features from warband were taken out but WFAS is not really a sequel but more of a spin off game.

So in closing I'd say try the demo for warband. If you like it I'd say go for it and play it for a while. For with WFAS I'd read some reviews, watch some videos and if you like Warband you'll probably have some fun with it as well.

Plain Sight is now 50% off $4.99 -> $2.49
There's also a 4-pack available for $7.49 (down from $14.99)

Edit: Edited the Wiki to include this deal.

on a side note, while the daily deals to date have been lack luster. I could see some lesser known games pop up that might cause me to bite on them. So I think its a good idea even if they have been bad IMO so far.

Couldn't hold back against Terreria... I don't really know anything about the game, but just ended up buying it. It is just too damn easy to buy crap on steam!

15 MB?! Seriously?

[quote name='justme99z']Couldn't hold back against Terreria... I don't really know anything about the game, but just ended up buying it. It is just too damn easy to buy crap on steam!

15 MB?! Seriously?[/QUOTE]

im all over that game as soon as a sale hits, might even grab it if the summer sale doesnt have one.

[quote name='hal']It is for me. :cry:

I'm surprised they'd have something like that in the first few days that they're rolling this out. Seems like you'd want to establish the event before dropping turds.[/QUOTE]

I would've thought Valve-developed games would've brought in daily deals with a bang... mostly because I want CS:S and The Orange Box because I'm late to the party.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I love the series

You make guilds and shops and then the warriors or clerics or whoever you hire do whatever they want. The way to make them do things is to offer rewards for certain things. If you want a monster dead put a bounty on it's head and you'll see some of your characters go to defeat it. As they do that they'll level up and get money and they buy items in the shop (which you pay to stock)

Majesty 2 isn't as good as the first one, it's more RTS'y then it's a kingdom sim but it's still fun[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Majesty Gold is only 5 bucks so I'm going to pick it up.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']4 Pack for SSFIV Arcade makes it $30 a pop for those interested.
I'm still not sure if I am even going to grab it though[/QUOTE]The only thing holding me back from getting in on that is E3 - if the price drops are good enough, I'll finally get a console and get a PS3 or 360 version instead. But $30 is a decent deal IMO, even if it's only 25% off the top.

[quote name='Pheace']Seems fine to me. This way games that would never have a chance of showing up on midweek/weekend deals without getting major grief for being up there can actually see some spotlight.[/QUOTE]
This. Now there's hope that whatever little niche title you've been waiting to go on sale may actually show up.

[quote name='gcorlett']And so begins a new tradition of Weaksauce Wednesday on Steam's Daily Deals.[/QUOTE]
The alliteration is too good to pass up for weekly use. Hoping for another *ahem* "lesser" deal next hump day.

Ended up buying Mount and Blade Collection and Terrarria last night. I could not resist.

God steam is annoying when you see x is playing this game and it's like god damnit, I would like that game :lol:

A few hours left on the singularity deal. I can't help but think we will see this drop further and I'm in no rush to play it. Anyone care to convince me otherwise?

[quote name='pROvIs']A few hours left on the singularity deal. I can't help but think we will see this drop further and I'm in no rush to play it. Anyone care to convince me otherwise?[/QUOTE]

Convince you of what? Obviously it'll get cheaper with time :)

[quote name='Pheace']Convince you of what? Obviously it'll get cheaper with time :)[/QUOTE]

True, but if the game is worth it at all. I heard quite a few mixed things about it.

[quote name='pROvIs']A few hours left on the singularity deal. I can't help but think we will see this drop further and I'm in no rush to play it. Anyone care to convince me otherwise?[/QUOTE]

"Offer Ends Thursday at 4pm Pacific Time."
It's 9am pacific time, I'd say you have more than a few hours left to purchase .

[quote name='gage006']"Offer Ends Thursday at 4pm Pacific Time."
It's 9am pacific time, I'd say you have more than a few hours left to purchase .[/QUOTE]

:) I'd say I am adequately convinced of a decision :p

I'm glad I bit on Rift from Amazon yesterday for $29.99 but $40 for the CE is pretty damn sweet. Too bad Amazon thought $60 was a good price for it yesterday.

In my opinion it is one of the best FPS this gen, so I'd say it's worth buying at this price. If you do wait though, I'm sure it will be on sale again some time in the future.

I picked up Singularity ... rented it from Gamefly when it first came out and was impressed by the quality of the game, even though it had no hype.

Then I bought it on 360 for $12 or so and recently sold it because I've been doing mostly PC gaming lately.

For $10 ... I'd say it's worth it ... if you liked Bioshock, you'll like this ... it's like Russian Bioshock with timetravel.

And the multiplayer, while not great, is different because it's the monsters in the game vs humans ... so kind of different and cool, almost like an AVP type deal.

Will this probably be cheaper in the future, yes ... it could go down to $5 ... but probably not for a few months and it's a solid game.

Anyone else have steam down for them? the site and client wont connect for me

EDIT: Never mind got it going.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='etcrane']I picked up Singularity ... rented it from Gamefly when it first came out and was impressed by the quality of the game, even though it had no hype.

Then I bought it on 360 for $12 or so and recently sold it because I've been doing mostly PC gaming lately.

For $10 ... I'd say it's worth it ... if you liked Bioshock, you'll like this ... it's like Russian Bioshock with timetravel.

And the multiplayer, while not great, is different because it's the monsters in the game vs humans ... so kind of different and cool, almost like an AVP type deal.

Will this probably be cheaper in the future, yes ... it could go down to $5 ... but probably not for a few months and it's a solid game.[/QUOTE]

Half tempted to do the same, but, I am more of an xbox guy. I thought the videos looked awesome.

[quote name='Vegan']$8 for Syberia is pretty embarrassing when GOG just had it for like, $4.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense as an introduction price on the platform.

They're gonna try and leech as many people as they can before putting it on sale :)

Really happy with Singularity on PC ... it's a smooth port, looks great, better than 360

And the multiplayer was super easy to find a game in and I have to say, it's way more fun than say, Deadspace 2 ... which is basically a very similar concept to this game's MP.

Overall ... I highly recommend it ... now that the sale is over and you can no longer buy it for $10 ;)

[quote name='hal']The sad thing is that is the sale. It's regularly priced at $10.[/QUOTE]

It's not a normal sale it's the introduction price with the introduction sale. The same thing you see on almost every new game these days ~'-10%'
They're treating it like a new release. If you should complain about anything it's the introduction price. Not the sale. Give it some time, it'll go on a proper sale, although more likely Xmas sale than Summer sale.

"Now Available - Syberia series, 20% Off

Product Release - Valve
The Syberia series is now available on Steam!

Follow Kate Walker on her adventures across the world as she solves puzzles and attempts to unlock the mysteries of Syberia!

For a limited time, get 20% off Syberia and Syberia II. Offer ends May 26th at 10AM Pacific Time."

[quote name='Pheace']It's not a normal sale it's the introduction price with the introduction sale. The same thing you see on almost every new game these days ~'-10%'
They're treating it like a new release. If you should complain about anything it's the introduction price. Not the sale. Give it some time, it'll go on a proper sale, although more likely Xmas sale than Summer sale.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know it's not a SALE sale. But it's still a sale and not the regular price. His point was that the 8 dollar price point was too high and I was simply trying to point out that the retail price was even higher. I understand well how Steam works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back