Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, While I prob wont purchase Sniper. I seem to recall hearing postive things about it, at least for being a B rated or obscure title. Guaging by the screen and vid clips it calls to mine the Giant Turd Sandwhich That Was Soldier Of Fortune Payback...

[quote name='drakesvg']Hmm, While I prob wont purchase Sniper. I seem to recall hearing postive things about it, at least for being a B rated or obscure title. Guaging by the screen and vid clips it calls to mine the Giant Turd Sandwhich That Was Soldier Of Fortune Payback...[/QUOTE]

The one that got positive buzz was called Sniper Elite

[quote name='AbramJ23']Steam daily deals got me buying all these games and my gaming pc aint even remotely done....[/QUOTE]
I was in the same boat, I grabbed some crazy deals when I saw them and then when I had my new PC I had games to play day one.

I would never suggest buying games you can't play right away for full price or even minor sales but when it's like 80% off? Go ahead and grab it because that's going to happen? You're really going to be upset if your 4 dollar game becomes a three dollar and 40 cent game sometime in the future perhaps? lol

[quote name='AbramJ23']Steam daily deals got me buying all these games and my gaming pc aint even remotely done....[/QUOTE]

I'm just the opposite - just finished our gaming PC and now we're too broke for games. :)

[quote name='TheLucky.1']Will probably get Terraria...looks interesting.[/QUOTE]

I highly approve of this idea. Having a blast with it and if your on a LAN, playing co-op is a snap to set up and highly improves your enjoyment.

Those who have bought Sniper, can you please post your impressions? I am on the fence and would like to get some opinions from regular players than reviewers that base their opinion on how much they get paid.

Got Terreria. Looks good man.

I'm looking for some Steam friends. Let's all become friends on the boards here to make it easy. Send me a friend request on here if you wanna play some Steam.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I'm on day three of trying Terraria and I still find it an utter waste of $10.[/QUOTE]

what are your problems with it? Im very interested in the game and havent heard anything negative about it, so Id like to hear from you.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I'm on day three of trying Terraria and I still find it an utter waste of $10.[/QUOTE]

haha. if steam allows post-purchase trades, i'll gladly take it off you

[quote name='wilflare']haha. if steam allows post-purchase trades, i'll gladly take it off you[/QUOTE]
They don't.

what are your problems with it? Im very interested in the game and havent heard anything negative about it, so Id like to hear from you.
Combat is lousy and tedious. Entire game so far has just been a tedious farming fest. I build a couple of houses and then go off on a grand adventure, by which I mean sink shafts and dig 15 minute mining expeditions in which I slowly plod through a bunch of dirt and rock collecting it all and finding absolutely nothing interesting even though I dug so far down the music changed.

Come back up, find even with all these metals there's just not a lot to build. Schlep back down, dig a whole bunch more. Repeat some more. The platforming and exploration aren't innately good. It's just randomly generated, not particularly pretty terrain. I just don't see anything to keep me coming back because what I'm doing now isn't fun and will not seem to get fun any time soon.

Joined some folks online but that was more or less the same thing but with their huge pretty walled shafts.

Maybe if you were enthralled by Minecraft, maybe you'll be into this. I dunno.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']$5 was the magic number for Ghost Warrior. Call me a poor taste gamer, but I'm a sucker for FPS so long as it's decent.[/QUOTE]

Regret the purchase. It's really hard to peg SGW. it's hard to call it a BAD game perse, but it's a far cry from a good game. Somewhere in the midst of the two, SGW lies in mediocrity. Some of the sniping was decent at first, but it got really tedious. The game is at its most fun when I self impose knife-only challenges on myself, and even then, it gets stale quick. Don't get me started on the non-sniping portions though, utter Call of Duty emulating garbage.

I mean, if you're really hard pressed for an eff pee ess, why not get it. But if you've just got $5 to blow, or if you're looking for a quality game, I'd send you almost anywhere else.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Regret the purchase. It's really hard to peg SGW. it's hard to call it a BAD game perse, but it's a far cry from a good game. Somewhere in the midst of the two, SGW lies in mediocrity. Some of the sniping was decent at first, but it got really tedious. The game is at its most fun when I self impose knife-only challenges on myself, and even then, it gets stale quick. Don't get me started on the non-sniping portions though, utter Call of Duty emulating garbage.

I mean, if you're really hard pressed for an eff pee ess, why not get it. But if you've just got $5 to blow, or if you're looking for a quality game, I'd send you almost anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

CoD isn't bad but a lousy CoD imitation is awful. Unfortunate

[quote name='Kevfactor']Hmm can my xbox te stick hook into my pc somehow? =p[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've used mine on my PC. Pretty sure any wired 360 controller will work on your PC. You may need to dl a driver if you're using XP, though.

[quote name='road3283']$5 for Ghost Warrior !?!? ...is...is this heaven. Oh, sweet Rapture![/QUOTE]

I know you do that tongue in cheek, but can anyone who actually believes the "rapture" is today post saying they do? That way I can just put all those on ignore and be done with it.

I know there are probably neighbors on my street who believe too, (hello southern baptists!) And if I knew they believe such a thing I would ignore them and not look there way as long as they breath as well.

Oh, to stay on topic, Rift is the weekends deal, and its the only game I have purchased this year that I REGRET buying.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']New daily deal is up.

Peggle Nights - $5

Already have Peggle Deluxe and that's MORE than enough Peggle for me.[/QUOTE]

Peggle is really digital crack. My wife has seriously spent at least 80 hours playing peggle on my iphone.

If you havent played it before, what are you waiting for?!

[quote name='RollingSkull']CoD isn't bad but a lousy CoD imitation is awful. Unfortunate[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasn't calling CoD bad. But games that try to emulate it often end up being bad.

Like I said though, when the game sticks to its strengths of sniping and stealth, it's not half bad.

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']
Oh, to stay on topic, Rift is the weekends deal, and its the only game I have purchased this year that I REGRET buying.[/QUOTE]

Why is that? It seems like a good RPG to me. I just cba to buy a game that requires monthly fees.

[quote name='hulk409']Try: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/[/QUOTE]
Thanks, but I get an error message whenever I try to run that site (and before I get flooded with responses - yes, the ActiveX control is installed). Judging from input on the game's forums, it looks like it'd be rough going. I think I'm going to have to pass.

[quote name='Sparky_Buzzsaw']Thanks, but I get an error message whenever I try to run that site (and before I get flooded with responses - yes, the ActiveX control is installed). Judging from input on the game's forums, it looks like it'd be rough going. I think I'm going to have to pass.[/QUOTE]

I've had trouble using it with Firefox, so sometimes I use it with IE or Chrome and it works.

[quote name='Sparky_Buzzsaw']Does anyone know if Rift will work with a 7900GS video card? I really want to give this game a go while it's on sale.[/QUOTE]

There is a free trial, maybe give that a go, best way to see.

[quote name='Phasher99']http://store.steampowered.com/app/35510/

at least there's the "Hidden deal" of getting both Cities XL and Cities XL 2011 for 26.80![/QUOTE]
There's not a hidden deal

Anyone who's ever purchased Cities XL gets 2011 half price, it's because Cities XL went so long broken when it was released.

It's always going to be half

[quote name='Jaysonguy']There's not a hidden deal

Anyone who's ever purchased Cities XL gets 2011 half price, it's because Cities XL went so long broken when it was released.

It's always going to be half[/QUOTE]

He is saying hidden deal cause if you wanted Cities XL 2011, you can get for $26.80 instead of the $40 it is up at.

[quote name='KaOTiK']He is saying hidden deal cause if you wanted Cities XL 2011, you can get for $26.80 instead of the $40 it is up at.[/QUOTE]
I understand but they don't need to be purchased together

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I understand but they don't need to be purchased together[/QUOTE]

If you want to get Cities XL 2011 for half off you have to buy the one currently on sale first. So yes, you don't buy them together, but you would have to buy the one on sale first if you wanted the second one for cheaper.

Anyone know if XL 2011 is any better? I've been looking for a game to replace SimCity 4 on my new rig, but it'll be disappointing if this is supposed to play even worse.

Why oh why mustn't you make SimCity 5, Maxis!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back