Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started noticing these daily deals.. damn is this to stay or this like a summer thing? I got $45 accumulated in my wallet and I've been frugle enough to not spend it and playing the games I already have but.. yeesh!

Anyway, SC2 has gotten a lot of mileage fortunately =)

[quote name='Pheace']Not really Steam but I didn't notice a thread for other retailers. Greenmangaming is having a promo.
Necrovision: Lost Company for free with the voucher: GMGY1-PROMO-TREAT

Even if you don't like it gives 50 cents trade-in for any future purchases xD[/QUOTE]

It's OK to start a new thread for a new deal. Steam's stuff is all lumped in here, but other deals deserve their own threads.

[quote name='gcorlett']It's OK to start a new thread for a new deal. Steam's stuff is all lumped in here, but other deals deserve their own threads.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, made a seperate thread for it. They also have a spring sale but making yet another thread just feels strange :)

[quote name='Pheace']Thanks, made a seperate thread for it. They also have a spring sale but making yet another thread just feels strange :)[/QUOTE]

That one has been posted, here. It's a couple pages down. But if you chime in on that thread, it becomes fresh again! :)

Ubisoft Week? More like Ubisoft Weak!

Make sure to highlight all the games that need an always-on Internet connection. :p

Princes of Persia today. Half of them were cheaper in a GFWL sale last year.

PoP games needs always on connection or are they using only steam DRM?

I won't buy anything if it uses Ubi's shitty DRM.

[quote name='zico']PoP games needs always on connection or are they using only steam DRM?

I won't buy anything if it uses Ubi's shitty DRM.[/QUOTE]

Ubi has updated their drm set up, now it only connects to the internet when you launch the game, but once you launch the game you can disconnect from the internet. Still not ideal, but its better then before.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Well, at least Mini Ninjas is a better daily deal today.

But $6.80? Pass![/QUOTE]

isn't 6.80 a good price. ahaha

The only PoP game that needs a permanent connection is the newest one, The Forgotten Sands. Everything else is ok.

REALLY hoping they make World in Conflict part of this Ubisoft week. I've been waiting for it to go on sale FOREVER. It hasn't even been on sale during the Summer/Holiday sales.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']The only PoP game that needs a permanent connection is the newest one, The Forgotten Sands. Everything else is ok.

REALLY hoping they make World in Conflict part of this Ubisoft week. I've been waiting for it to go on sale FOREVER. It hasn't even been on sale during the Summer/Holiday sales.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. There hasn't been a sale for WiC and I'm going to buy it in a heartbeat if it's at least 50% off.

Also hoping on a sale for The Settlers.
I'm assuming there will be a Splinter Cell, Tom Clancy, and Assassin's Creed sale. Hope there's not too many sales of like one random Ubisoft game. Farcry has been on sale way too much.

Which Prince of Persia games are best? I haven't played any of them and don't know if it's worth picking up the entire pack or not.
Also, do all 5 of them have support for gamepads? More specifically, an Xbox 360 controller?

Thanks for the clarification folks. I'll definitely not get Forgotten Sands, then. No way I'm supporting this type of DRM from Ubi.

Actually, I won't get any of them because of that, Ubi won't have my money.

A couple of things I noticed:

PoP Forgotten Sands Digital Deluxe Edition is also 66% off and comes with a free copy of PoP Sands of Time. May be a good deal depending on what you have/want.

Almost all other Ubi titles appear to be on sale for 33% off. At the end of the week if your favorite game didn't have its own sale then there's at least that.

[quote name='DigitalE']Which Prince of Persia games are best? I haven't played any of them and don't know if it's worth picking up the entire pack or not.
Also, do all 5 of them have support for gamepads? More specifically, an Xbox 360 controller?[/QUOTE]

Sands of Time is in my top 5 favorite games of all time and I have played it every year since it was released. It doesn't have as much gameplay options as the others but its atmosphere, setting, and presentation are unbeatable- gameplay is still amazing btw. Not sure if the PC version has it, but the GC and XBox versions had the original Prince of Persia unlockable (XB had PoP2 as well).

I don't care for the others at all. Just finish PoP 2008 and it is a very different game from the others and liked it least.

I played Sands of Time with a USB to PS2 adapter and it worked fine. Not sure if there was a camera problem with the right stick or I'm thinking of GTA3 that had that problem. Would think a 360 controller would work.

has mini ninjas been cheaper? i thought it was but i figured id have bought it. my kid nags me to buy it everytime he sees it.

Already played the two newest on Xbox (Forgotten Sands is great, 2008 cel shaded is not as good), and kinda waiting on the PS3 trilogy to drop in price for the others, but not a bad deal.

All the PoP games are quite good. PoP2008 is weak due to less impressive level design but still worth a few bucks.

Forgotten Swords has Ubi DRM but if you can handle that, it's worth the price of admission.

In for the PoP pack. I hope Assassin's Creed 2 drops to sub-$10 at some point this week; I've been wanting it at that price point for some time.

[quote name='wilflare']isn't 6.80 a good price. ahaha[/QUOTE]
It's a great price if you want Mini Ninjas. It's not a good price if Steam is trying to sucker you into buying games you don't want!

And Steam has frequently suckered me in. ;)

[quote name='boatboy1']Is the remastered version on POP for the PS3 better than the PC version?[/QUOTE]

From what I've read, nope. And with the three at $10 today, they win out in price as well.

[quote name='boatboy1']Is the remastered version on POP for the PS3 better than the PC version?[/QUOTE]
I was curious as well.

They're both buggy messes compared to the original console versions (not that those versions are without bugs).

off topic but I want to buy the witcher 2 but I'm not sure if I can run it. I have the dell xps 15

2nd generation Intel Core i7-2630QM processor 2.00 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz
6GB,DDR3,2 DIMM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M 1GB graphics with Optimus

I can run aliens v predators dx11 just fine

The first Witcher game has gone on sale many times. GOG.com had it for 5 over the weekend though. That's the best price in recent memory.

[quote name='mcdaking84']off topic but I want to buy the witcher 2 but I'm not sure if I can run it. I have the dell xps 15

2nd generation Intel Core i7-2630QM processor 2.00 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz
6GB,DDR3,2 DIMM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M 1GB graphics with Optimus

I can run aliens v predators dx11 just fine[/QUOTE]

Hey a-hole go ask a question in a non deal thread.

Just kidding, good cpu and ram but do not know much about the graphics card. Since its the low 500s I would assume medium-low in terms of performance.

[quote name='mcdaking84']lol thanks. I really wish there was a demo or benchmark somewhere[/QUOTE]

Don't know if you've tried this yet: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

It's checks if you can run whatever game you choose. It doesn't have too many games listed (I'd say about 300) but it does have "The Witcher 2" :D

Hope that helps. Also, for some reason it doesn't work with Chrome so try Firefox or IE

Guessing the remaining days could be one followings:
FarCry
Brother in Arms
Assassin Creed

Tom Clancy or
Splinter Cell
R6
Ghost Recon
Hawx

I'm sure it can't max it out, but geez, yeah, a 96 core Nvidia part? No question it'll run it.

Although this is scary, I just noticed the game's minimum specs exceed my notebook on the GPU side!

I've already run it though, just to make sure my GOG.com download wasn't corrupted. (Planning on saving it because of the backlog, and for that matter, by the time I get through to it, I'll have way better hardware anyway.)

Looks pretty gorgeous from what I saw. I set it to "ultra" for the heck of it, and my mobile 9650GT slowed down to about 2 frames per second LOL (and my GPU's a bit better than the console GPUs!)

I'm sure it can't max it out, but yeah, a 96 core Nvidia part? No question it'll run it.

Although this is scary, I just noticed the game's minimum specs exceed my notebook on the GPU side!

I've already run it though, just to make sure my GOG.com download wasn't corrupted. (Planning on saving it because of the backlog, and for that matter, by the time I get through to it, I'll have way better hardware anyway.)

Looks pretty gorgeous from what I saw. I set it to "ultra" for the heck of it, and my mobile 9650GT slowed down to about 2 frames per second LOL (and my GPU's a bit better than the console GPUs!)

Whoo! I've been waiting for a sale of Assassin's Creed games.

EDIT: Which, of course, I'll be waiting for the inevitable AC sale day :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back