Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay for Uplink. Was just talking to a friend the other day about needing to pick that up. Also yay for Settlers + Ruse. At least one day of Ubisoft week that my wallet gets a slight reprieve.

Still looking forward to Splinter Cell Day and Assassin's Creed day. Those in addition to Prince of Persia are the Ubisoft franchises I'm wanting to scoop up from this sale. (Though I'll definitely rebuy Heroes V for Steam if they offer it on extra discount) Definitely glad i get paid next week. . .

Pff from Settlers 7 forums

"Or to sum it up, the latest thread of the DRM servers hiccupping and BANNING each person who tries to reconnect from playing entirely."

Thanks Ubicrap. I'll get back to you when the game dips under $10.

uplink is really cool actually. very unique and refreshing. i got it with the introversion complete pack a while ago. worth the 3.40 imo.

im hoping to get Farcry 1 and Beyond Good and Evil if they go on uber sale. farcry probably will, i dont kno about bg&e. i guess ill have to wait it out and see

[quote name='Phasher99']Midweek Madness - Dungeons 50% off - $39.99 $19.99

Updated the wiki again.[/QUOTE]

Anybody with experience on this? I really am itching for a Dungeon Keeper style game, but I haven't heard anything about this one.

I picked up Heroes 5 complete pack. Hopefully I won't regret it if it goes on extra sale in the next few days.

Been getting addicted to Terraria. I must say, well worth the $10 I spent on it. Some may call it simply 2D minecraft but it's way more advanced then minecraft in my opinion. I mean while I like minecraft, I just feel terraria has more of a game in place than minecraft. Seriously with minecraft you can get the best ore in like an hour if you get lucky enough (starting from a new world). Terrarria requires you to build up your character by finding and harvesting ores to make your character survivable in the deeper mines because the deeper you go, the harder those enemies are to kill.

Well reviews on Dungeons seem bad - I'm gonna pass on it (Maybe when it's 66 or 75% off I'll give it another look) Also watched some videos on youtube of it.

I have R.U.S.E. but I never got to playing much of it. (Not because I think it's bad - just because I have too much of a backlog like half the people on this thread lol) I tried the demo for a few minutes and bought it last time on sale because I figured I wanted to pick up another RTS game with at least decent reviews. I say look at the reviews and youtube videos to help you decide if you want to buy it. $15 is a great price.

Yeah, I updated that afterward lol it didn't show up when the first midweek madness was on the steam page.

Anyone want to trade me a copy of Sam and Max Complete and the 2 R.U.S.E. DLCs for a gift copy of The Sims 3?

If you liked the telltale monkey island episodes, it's pretty safe to say you will enjoy the sam and max games. There are some free episodes of sam and max, ice station santa is one, that are good representations of what the series offers. I found season 3 to have some of the best individual episodes, but if you like this type of game and this type of humor, all 3 seasons are enjoyable.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Been getting addicted to Terraria. I must say, well worth the $10 I spent on it. Some may call it simply 2D minecraft but it's way more advanced then minecraft in my opinion. I mean while I like minecraft, I just feel terraria has more of a game in place than minecraft. Seriously with minecraft you can get the best ore in like an hour if you get lucky enough (starting from a new world). Terrarria requires you to build up your character by finding and harvesting ores to make your character survivable in the deeper mines because the deeper you go, the harder those enemies are to kill.[/QUOTE]

I would say they are very different games. When I play Minecraft, I play it as a creative game. I search for my materials and build the coolest thing I can with them. I also usually keep it on peaceful.

Terraria is more of an action/platformer. It fills my need to kill infinitely spawning monsters in order to find the best loot.

A good discount on Sam & Max but I wouldn't be surprised if it were at an even better discount during the Summer Sale in ~a month.

Yea, I'm thinking Sam & Max Complete Collection might be around $12 during the summer or x-mas sale so I'm waiting. Plus I have a huge library of games to get to still. I hate seeing games on sale for cheaper than what I paid for them when I didn't even play them yet.

[quote name='confuseousprime']Anybody with experience on this? I really am itching for a Dungeon Keeper style game, but I haven't heard anything about this one.

I picked up Heroes 5 complete pack. Hopefully I won't regret it if it goes on extra sale in the next few days.[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem. I've waited ages for a sale but I'm not sure if this is the DS-esque game I'm looking for. I prolly don't have time to play it any soon anyway so I think it's prolly better to wait and hope for a better price in the summer sales.

[quote name='moojuice']Daily Deal, Mid week deal, and Ubisoft Week?

Calm down valve, jesus. I haven't even installed half the games I've bought from you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought this earlier. With the advent of the Daily Deals, it's slightly more annoying for me to go through and find all the different deals now.

[quote name='ForeStorm']Yeah, I thought this earlier. With the advent of the Daily Deals, it's slightly more annoying for me to go through and find all the different deals now.[/QUOTE]

I really wish they had a 'sorter' to rank deals by percentage -- as it stands now (with all the Ubisoft titles and the 10% off preorder stuff) there are over a hundred titles under the 'specials' tab.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Tempting, but I've already got way too many RTS games I need to play. Will probably get it when it reaches the $5-$7.50 range.[/QUOTE]
It was 5.39 on Christmas so yeah, it'll go lower

I want to play Settlers 7 but...
A PERMANENT INTERNET CONNECTION AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO PLAY THIS VIDEO GAME AT ALL TIMES AND TO UNLOCK EXCLUSIVE CONTENT. SUCH CONTENT MAY ONLY BE UNLOCKED ONE SINGLE TIME WITH A UNIQUE KEY. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 TO CREATE A UBISOFT ACCOUNT WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT. UBISOFT MAY CANCEL ACCESS TO ONLINE FEATURES UPON A 30-DAY PRIOR NOTICE PUBLISHED AT http://thesettlers.us.ubi.com/.

1246041833489.jpg

I can recommend King Arthur. It is a good game. Combat is like the total war games but you have spells/abilities that your Knights can use to change things quite a bit. There is a little bit of old school adventuring too with individual knight quests too.

That Settlers 7 looks great, was/still am a big fan of Dawn of Discovery, anyone know if the game takes the economy idea and bumps it up?

Not a fan of DRM, but I was eyeing it during the holiday sale....

Grabbed Uplink. For the price, if it's half as interesting as it sounds, it'll be worth it.

I own all the Sam and Max games already through Telltale, and I would definitely endorse them for anyone who ever enjoyed pnc adventures. The series has only gotten better and better with each season.

Grabbed Uplink as well. Like somebody said, it's more along the lines of stuff you would see in movies, but after thirty minutes it's showing some promise. Definitely satisfied so far for under $3.50.

[quote name='ForeStorm']Yeah, I thought this earlier. With the advent of the Daily Deals, it's slightly more annoying for me to go through and find all the different deals now.[/QUOTE]

I hear you. I did a double-take when I saw that there were currently 100+ specials.

Just snagged Uplink! I remember playing this game few years back and it was a blast! It actually makes you feel like a true cracker. XD I wouldn't mind owning it on Steam.

I got the Sam and MAx complete pack. now that's a little stupid because I got Season One for $9.99 on the Wii and Season 2 for $7 on PC at the half price book store but having the whole thing in one place for $17.99 isn't bad at all.

[quote name='Mooby']I really wish they had a 'sorter' to rank deals by percentage -- as it stands now (with all the Ubisoft titles and the 10% off preorder stuff) there are over a hundred titles under the 'specials' tab.[/QUOTE]

The worst part about it is that I remember that they once had it automatically sorted by percentage (somewhere around 6 months to a year ago, I believe), but now they've changed it to the current incarnation.

can anyone else convince me on uplink? downloading GMG's client just for a dollar or two isn't worth it to me. but, i'm not real sure i need uplink..

[quote name='iso135']can anyone else convince me on uplink? downloading GMG's client just for a dollar or two isn't worth it to me. but, i'm not real sure i need uplink..[/QUOTE]

eh, hell with it. bought it. looks kind of fun anyways.

[quote name='justme99z']Any input on Hoard? It looks interesting but cant really tell from the little I have seen...[/QUOTE]

Try the demo, it's only 600mb. Seems like a great game so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back