Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop whining, it's more time to save up money!

My random assumption is that it'll be on the last Thursday of the month. Last year it was the 24th, this year it might be the 30th. By then I'll be more prepared to spend at least an hour sorting through the sales debating what I want to buy. >.<

[quote name='jimmywolf13']June 30 too july 22 it has a event so mit be a tie in too summer sale going to start starting 30th ??[/QUOTE]
lolwut?

Check out: http://sakari-indie.com/news/5_new_achievements_comming/

Specifically....

5 new achievements comming..

Keen eyes may have seen it.. for the steam summer sale we added 5 new achievements.. and fixeed some minor bugs.. we have to upgrade the project to the latest version of unity to take on the rest off the bugs.. thanks again for your ongoing support and enthusiasm. And thanks Pieter for sticking in the Achievements!

Hopefully, they won't wait too much longer.

[quote name='ndawgdrake']If it started the 24th of last year, then I don't see why it won't just start tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

The more important aspect of it starting on the 24th was that the 24th was a Thursday. Steam likes to kick off things on Thursdays for anything that starts on the weekend. Notice how the weekend deal is already up? I'm gonna guess next week is when we'll see the sale start.

[quote name='Firvagor']Stop whining, it's more time to save up money!

My random assumption is that it'll be on the last Thursday of the month. Last year it was the 24th, this year it might be the 30th. By then I'll be more prepared to spend at least an hour sorting through the sales debating what I want to buy. >.<

Originally Posted by jimmywolf13
June 30 too july 22 it has a event so mit be a tie in too summer sale going to start starting 30th ??

lolwut?[/QUOTE]

edited my post that was some poor grammar i fixed it, made it a little better

[quote name='jsitaly42']anyone have an opinion on Divinity 2??[/QUOTE]

I've heard nothing but good things - If I had a smaller backlog and more money, I'd pick it up. :drool:

its a really hard game no hand holding lol you will die and die a lot but if your up for a challenge it is fun :D

I own the original game and thought the first half was great but it went downhill in the latter half. In Dragon Knight Saga, they have remastered the original game and included the expansion so there is apparently over 100 hours of gameplay to be had. I think it's definitely worth $20 for any RPG fan. Probably not going to get much cheaper during the summer sale too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='perfectsil']Now there's daily deals and weekend deals why do people still expect a summer sale? I dont expect one[/QUOTE]

There's always been weekend deals dude. And the daily deals are usually crappy. People want like 10 games at a huge markdown per day. It's a beautiful thing!

It has to be coming.

[quote name='Killbomb']I own the original game and thought the first half was great but it went downhill in the latter half. In Dragon Knight Saga, they have remastered the original game and included the expansion so there is apparently over 100 hours of gameplay to be had. I think it's definitely worth $20 for any RPG fan. Probably not going to get much cheaper during the summer sale too.[/QUOTE]

I know I picked it up for this same price during the Holiday sale.

Nice deal for Div 2: DKS, but I really wish the Steam version would NOT have Securom w/ Install Limits.
Seriously - Steam DRM is enough, guys.

I"ll keep my eyes peeled for someone else to match this. I really don't want a double-DRM slap, unless the game's MUCH cheaper.

[quote name='perfectsil']Now there's daily deals and weekend deals why do people still expect a summer sale? I dont expect one[/QUOTE]

It's coming without a doubt.

[quote name='MysterD']Nice deal for Div 2: DKS, but I really wish the Steam version would NOT have Securom w/ Install Limits.
Seriously - Steam DRM is enough, guys.

I"ll keep my eyes peeled for someone else to match this. I really don't want a double-DRM slap, unless the game's MUCH cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the EU copy has any DRM.

I would love a physical copy, but it seems like more non-mainstream (EA, rockstar, etc) are going purely digital to skip the whole physical copy expense.

I love steam but I agree, Steam should be the DRM period. Tacking on other stuff is fucking annoying.

[quote name='xycury']I wonder if the EU copy has any DRM.

I would love a physical copy, but it seems like more non-mainstream (EA, rockstar, etc) are going purely digital to skip the whole physical copy expense.

I love steam but I agree, Steam should be the DRM period. Tacking on other stuff is fucking annoying.[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com has matched Steam's price-point for Divinity 2: DKS download at $20.
Very tempting, since it would likely mean one less DRM measure [i.e. no Steam DRM].
I think that version only has Securom Internet Edition - I am trying to get more details.

So as the evidence mounts that the Summer sale will start on the 30th, what game are you really hoping to get on deep discount? The big game that you didn't get on release, and now you're hoping to get a sick deal?

For me, it's Fallout 3 GOTY. I'm hoping Bethesda runs a deal on Steam like the $8 Oblivion GOTY last year. Maybe Dragon Age 1 GOTY, too. Either of these at $9.99 is an automatic go for me.

And then I have a bunch of indie games that I'll buy at $3 or less. Steam has spoiled me with indies at $2 on these season sales, so now even $5 feels like a lot.

So what are you crossing your fingers for, and what's your automatic-buy price point?

[quote name='gcorlett']So as the evidence mounts that the Summer sale will start on the 30th, what game are you really hoping to get on deep discount? The big game that you didn't get on release, and now you're hoping to get a sick deal?[/QUOTE]

I'm really hoping Back to the Future will be discounted to $14.99 for the whole set.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I'm really hoping Back to the Future will be discounted to $14.99 for the whole set.[/QUOTE]
Oh man I agree, BTF would be sweet. Call of Juarez 2, Magic: The Gathering, Arkham Asylum, Night Sky and Garry's Mod are other games I want to get.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Oh man I agree, BTF would be sweet. Call of Juarez 2, Magic: The Gathering, Arkham Asylum, Night Sky and Garry's Mod are other games I want to get.[/QUOTE]

I forgot about Arkham Asylum. Coincidentally, i just got an email from GamersGate.com that Arkham Asylum GOTY will be 80% off on Sunday. That's $6. Good deal if you don't mind being off Steam. I will put the GamersGate deal in another thread.

Let Steam do $5 on Arkham Asylum GoTY and I might just bite :p
I'm excited to get some games to test my new 6870 :)
Gonna try to scrap another $100 by next week to fund it.

I'm hoping for a 75% off Fallout 3 GotY, Divinity 2: DKS (yes, I know it's 50% right now), and Battlefield 2 (complete collection). Poorhouse or no, I'd be all over those 3.

Hoping Assassin's Creed Brotherhood drops below $30 ... it's been out long enough to go lower and with the new game coming out this Fall/Winter, I'm expecting it to drop closer to $20 soon but should be at least $30 again for this sale.

I would be all over a cheap Oblivion GOTY and Morrowind to convince me to put it on Steam and ditch my discs. Also, fingers crossed for $5 Mass Effect 2, I recently beat my $5 Mass Effect and would love the sequel for cheap!

During the "Meet the medic" video and the Über update they announced it's going full free to play. Only real disadvantages for free to play players is they won't get hat drops. Sweet, sweet hat drops.

[quote name='VexxedCS']I get this awful feeling that this is what we're getting in lieu of a summer sale. I can't wait to be proven wrong =P[/QUOTE]
I've been playing TF2 since release, so I hope not :/

It seems that some devs have already let slip that they were making X and Y modifications in prep for the summer sale, so it is only a matter of when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back