Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='schulerbob']They need to put more mac games on sale. So far I've only picked up Torchlight and VVVVVV. Both are really awesome.[/QUOTE]
I'm just waiting for Counter Strike Source. I missed the $6.24 bundle w/ Garry's Mod because I thought that was a full-time deal not a price mistake :(

[quote name='schulerbob']They need to put more mac games on sale. So far I've only picked up Torchlight and VVVVVV. Both are really awesome.[/QUOTE]

Boot camp :p

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Waitwaitwaitwaitwait. Is Kings Bounty similar to Heroes of Might and Magic? I don't know exactly what genre I thought it was, but I had never heard or seen anything comparing it to Heroes or turn based strategy games.[/QUOTE]

My understanding is they are very similar.

With minutes to go I passed on GW and grabbed King Arthur Collection. My wife is pregnant and if it is a boy we are naming it Arthur, so I felt it was destiny!

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Looks like Batman: AA GOTY will be on sale 75% off. Don't recall it being that cheap before. That's all I see off my wishlist so far with a new/expanded discount.[/QUOTE]
It has been that cheap, twice, in February and again in March. Damn, I was really hoping it would be $5 this time, but I can see it's still not down to $20 regular price. I've debated this game hard before and always passed on it, here we go again... To get or wait for holiday sale, not sure if I'll get around to it before then unless I feel a sudden urge to play it.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 showing $4.99 each or $7.50 for double pack.[/QUOTE]
Well that's a kick in the balls. I picked up L4D2 during their daily deal less than a month ago, when I could've gotten the original for only a buck or two more now. Now it's going to be $5 to get it. Seriously, wtf Valve.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Well that's a kick in the balls. I picked up L4D2 during their daily deal less than a month ago, when I could've gotten the original for only a buck or two more now. Now it's going to be $5 to get it. Seriously, wtf Valve.[/QUOTE]

You are surprised that Valves games go on sale and get cheaper? You could of waited but didn't.

[quote name='drakesvg']Hmm, site look like its back to normal, sale must be over. nothing to see here move along...:)[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too! Thought my iPhone just wasn't loading the page up right

[quote name='drakesvg']Hmm, site look like its back to normal, sale must be over. nothing to see here move along...:)[/QUOTE]

Umm no it goes until the 10th.

[quote name='Mike UFC']If anyone is one the fence about Killing Floor, just buy it. Constant free maps, updates and achievements with a great community.[/QUOTE]

Have they raised the level cap above 6? I stopped played when most of the classes hit that level.

[quote name='jj5206']my steam page is normal, so the sale is over? I thought it went to the 10th...[/QUOTE]

Yes, the sale goes through til the 10th. We're just in daily sales transition mode right now.

[quote name='jj5206']my steam page is normal, so the sale is over? I thought it went to the 10th...[/QUOTE]

I'm not seeing anything yet either. Its strange how some people are though.

[quote name='gage006']Boot camp :p[/QUOTE]

I use a virtual machine thing and have xp on my mac, but I'm kind of paranoid about games not working on it. Granted everything I have from GOG does, but they're all old. Back when I actually had a pc, I could never get Painkiller to run properly and my machine was quite capable of it. I think that scarred me for life.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Well that's a kick in the balls. I picked up L4D2 during their daily deal less than a month ago, when I could've gotten the original for only a buck or two more now. Now it's going to be $5 to get it. Seriously, wtf Valve.[/QUOTE]

T_T Just bought left 4 dead 2 on Saturday

Edit: Its up now

[quote name='Mike UFC']If anyone is one the fence about Killing Floor, just buy it. Constant free maps, updates and achievements with a great community.[/QUOTE]

100% agree. And it's $5...just eat one less burger :)

[quote name='MrDarkstorm']You are surprised that Valves games go on sale and get cheaper? You could of waited but didn't.[/QUOTE]
I'm surprised when they go on sale a couple of weeks later, yes, because I figured they wouldn't be dickish enough to put it on sale for much less such a short time later. I was wrong. It's a pretty big "fuck you" to anyone who bought from the daily deal.

In the grand scheme of things, it's only a few bucks so it's not the end of the world. But seriously, it's kind of douchey.

[quote name='Kaltic']This is why I dislike multiplayer indie games. Obviously there aren't enough multiplayer games coming out so we need some Indie ones to jump in and get a dead community months or possibly weeks after launch.

This is why I got sad after seeing the Hawken gameplay demo. I don't want to play on a half empty server from Russia where I can't get a stable connection.

Still, bought Lead & Gold so I feel I am good with supporting the mp indie games for this sale.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this... except that big releases aren't immune to this problem, either. Look at Brink. after about 3 weeks, nobody was playing it. The servers were empty. It's still a $50 game, though.

Monday Night Combat, on the other hand, rolled out for $13.49. Regular price $15. On sale for $10 after 2 months, then $3.75 in a daily deal and now during Summer Sale. Although I don't see any reason to buy it on super sale when nobody is playing it.

But trust me, nobody got ripped off on MNC like they did on Brink. Indie, or big budget ... the key with any multiplayer-only game is to chase good games. Good games with an active developer keep people playing for a long long time.

Jamestown is a daily for $5... About $2 off its previous sale price. If you have any interest in the shmup genre, PICK THIS ONE UP! It's great.

Classic Page?

It's over!

No, it's not!

It's over!

No, it's not!

It's over!

No, it's not!

It's over!

No, it's not!

Wait it's 1pm and the steam page fritzes out during an annual sale? No! It's impossible!

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Waitwaitwaitwaitwait. Is Kings Bounty similar to Heroes of Might and Magic? I don't know exactly what genre I thought it was, but I had never heard or seen anything comparing it to Heroes or turn based strategy games.[/QUOTE]

The original King's Bounty was the predicessor to the HoM&M series. This is an updated version of that game. Playing it gives me a lot of nostalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back