Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RollingSkull']Hitman Blood Money is really the only one you need. It's amazing. The rest have some issues.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear, that is the one I saw the let's play on so I was most interested in it.

should i bite on Last Remnant? It's not showing up on my Deals Page :/

and what's the take between Fallout: New Vegas VS Fallout3?

Day 1
Reccettear
BIT.TRIP.BEAT
BIT.TRIP.RUNNER

Day 2
Civ5 (via Gamers Gate)
Just Cause 2 DLC
SpaceChem
Hamilton

Day 3
Magicka
Hoard
Darksiders

Day 4
Torchlight

Day 5
Missed
Frozen Synapse
Fallout: New Vegas

Day 6
Missed
Beat Hazard

Day 7
Missed
Batman AA: GOTY
Jamestown
Atom Zombie Smasher (maybe)
King's Bounty (maybe)
Killing Floor (maybe)

Day 8
Sanctum
Audiosurf

[quote name='supershammy']I have 130 games on Steam alone, and I know for a fact without even needing to verify with others here that that is considered light. Welcome to CAG dude.[/QUOTE]

Nah I buy a bunch of games :p Probably buy 10 games/month on average

Got Assassin's Creed 2 during the sale and have played the living crap out of it. Hoping that Brotherhood goes back on sale during the last day, I didn't buy it since I wasn't sure if I'd like 2 so much.

Grabbed Empire and Napoleon earlier before I went to work... still downloading lol. Yay for 39GB download and even more yay for not having a cap on my dsl bandwith yet!

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']If I've already put near 80 hours into Fallout 3 and beat all the DLC on Xbox360, should I purchase it on Steam? If there are mods that change it up enough I might want to replay it all.[/QUOTE]

Have you played New Vegas? Get that where you can at good price. Better than trying tons of expansions for Fallout 3 after playing it for that much on te Xbox360 in my opinion.

Debating Universe Sandbox. I love astronomy, but I'm not sure how long I'd actually use it. It seems like it'd be fun to mess about with for a few hours, but for $5, I could pick up a few extra games at the end of the sale.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']^Yeah, thanks for telling me AFTER I bought it, lol. fuck me.

I guess that means I have to play through most of the DLC this month so my purchase feels justified.[/QUOTE]
As others have said, at most you'll be out $2.50. The only reason I'm not pulling the trigger now is because I'd rather use the limited remains of my budget for something else. $10 is still a fantastic deal. The retail copy still goes for $20-30 on Amazon.

[quote name='Stry-ker']So looks like

X-com Franchise
Prince of Persia Franchise
Hitman Franchise
Dead Space 2 Franchise

so far for tomorrow, utlizing the links from last night[/QUOTE]
Yep, and I would speculate that if Sunday is a recap day, then Portal 2 (possibly the franchise) would be on sale tomorrow as well, given the new achievement that's been added for it. Not sure what else could go on sale though.

[quote name='wilflare']should i bite on Last Remnant? It's not showing up on my Deals Page :/[/QUOTE]
Can't say for certain since I haven't played the full game yet, but give the demo a whirl. It sold me on it, though NeoGAF thinks the demo's bad, so you could check and see if Giant Bomb did a quicklook.

C'mon. Really want X3 to go on sale tomorrow.

They have a map for the game in the prizes, you'd think that they would put it on sale so people might grab it.

[quote name='psunami']C'mon. Really want X3 to go on sale tomorrow.

They have a map for the game in the prizes, you'd think that they would put it on sale so people might grab it.[/QUOTE]
It's already confirmed that the X Superbox is a daily for tomorrow. The image for it was found a while ago. I'm looking forward to it, as I've been wanting to try an X game for a while.

if the X superbox hits ten I will snatch it up :D ....*crosses fingers for Bulletstorm or metro too* you know I kinda wish they didn't do a recap day on the last day. Its both good and bad. Good cause I already got all the dailys I wanted so my wallet is safe, bad cause I want more dailys.

[quote name='Wolfmight']Have you played New Vegas? Get that where you can at good price. Better than trying tons of expansions for Fallout 3 after playing it for that much on te Xbox360 in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that's english, but Fallout 3 is better. By Far. I like New Vegas, but that's just because it's more content on the same engine. 3 is the FAR superior game, especially with the GOTY edition. My opinion at least.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Debating Universe Sandbox. I love astronomy, but I'm not sure how long I'd actually use it. It seems like it'd be fun to mess about with for a few hours, but for $5, I could pick up a few extra games at the end of the sale.
[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat on that one. For anyone that has it, how complicated is it to mess around with? I don't want to spend 10 hours learning how to use it and then only spend a couple hours actually messing around with the thing. If it only was a little cheaper I'd probably get it regardless.

I'm also on the fence about the Total War Empire-Napoleon combo. I picked Napoleon a little while ago when it was on sale, but it didn't come with any of the DLC. So I hate to essentially re-buy a game I already own, even if the pack is a good deal and I do want Empire. Also how is the DLC for both games? Is it actually worthwhile or is it pretty useless?

[quote name='mietha']I'm not sure that's english, but Fallout 3 is better. By Far. I like New Vegas, but that's just because it's more content on the same engine. 3 is the FAR superior game, especially with the GOTY edition. My opinion at least.[/QUOTE]

And I think New Vegas blows Fallout 3 away. Opinions are awesome aren't they!? =P I also see people recommending Last Remnant and I think that is the friggin worst RPG I've ever played, but I refrained from saying anything because why is my opinion more valuable than anyone elses?

I'm kinda glad this sale is almost over, barely managed to stay within my budget. Every game I had on my list has been a daily deal :lol:

Yeah Fallout 3 was great but NV just seemed way more interesting to me for some reason. Super tempted to buy FO3 but I think with my backlog I can hold out til the winter sale and pick it up for cheaper.

[quote name='Honeybaked Ham']Can anyone tell me if Mafia 2 DLC are worth 2.50 each?[/QUOTE]

Short answer? No.

Long answer? Hell no.

Just Amnesia for me today, thought about getting Total War GOTY edition, but found out that the game is 30+ GB which is a death sentence on bandwidth cap, I've got more than enough to keep me busy till the next sale anyways. Played Amnesia for a bit and its creepy as fuck, so I took a break and played Tropico 3 for a few hours,lol. Hoping Portal 2 and Terreria go on a daily deal tomorrow so I can wrap this sale up.

Was thinking about picking up Amnesia until someone (thank you BTW) mentioned the fact that it could cause motion sickness to those people susceptible to that.

I still can't get far in Half-Life 2 due to motion sickness. :(

Was thinking about picking up Amnesia until someone (thank you BTW) mentioned the fact that it could cause motion sickness to those people susceptible to that.

I still can't get far in Half-Life 2 due to motion sickness. :(

[quote name='wilflare']any word on the Last Remnant?[/QUOTE]

There are indeed words on Last Remnant...

But in all seriousness, It is a decent to pretty good JRPG and one of the few on the PC. It is mucho better than its 360 counterpart, but if you own consoles and like JRPGs then you could do better than this game. If you don't own consoles then there aren't many choices to be had in the JRPG market and I would jump on it.

fuck! The DooM franchise was on sale on the 4th? That's what I get for not following this summer sale.

Can anyone tell me how much the entire package was, so I can kick myself for not picking it up?

[quote name='Doomtime']Still debating on Fallout 3 GOTY and the Empire Total War Pack. Don't know which way I'm going to go.[/QUOTE]

I don't know much about Empire, but you surely can't go wrong with FO3:GOTY for $10. My only complaint with the game is that I have Win7, so I had to sell my old copy (DVD) because it kept crashing on me.

Eh...couldn't resist Fallout 3 this morning after I slept on it. So now I picked up the Last Remnant and FO3 :)

I agree with most of the people on this page. New Vegas is way better than Fallout 3 in terms of dialogue, storyline, writing, etc. The only thing that Fallout 3 has as an advantage over New Vegas was lack of bugs and glitches at launch. Now that they've been fixed, New Vegas is the far superior game. My opinion of course, coming as a Fallout 1 and 2 fanboy.

[quote name='jatan11t']I agree with most of the people on this page. New Vegas is way better than Fallout 3 in terms of dialogue, storyline, writing, etc. The only thing that Fallout 3 has as an advantage over New Vegas was lack of bugs and glitches at launch. Now that they've been fixed, New Vegas is the far superior game. My opinion of course, coming as a Fallout 1 and 2 fanboy.[/QUOTE]

I loved both Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
Can't go wrong w/ BethSoft and Obsidian....you know, especially once their games get patched-up a bit. ;)

[quote name='jimbodan']I'm in the same boat on that one. For anyone that has it, how complicated is it to mess around with? [Universe Sandbox] I don't want to spend 10 hours learning how to use it and then only spend a couple hours actually messing around with the thing. If it only was a little cheaper I'd probably get it regardless.

I'm also on the fence about the Total War Empire-Napoleon combo. I picked Napoleon a little while ago when it was on sale, but it didn't come with any of the DLC. So I hate to essentially re-buy a game I already own, even if the pack is a good deal and I do want Empire. Also how is the DLC for both games? Is it actually worthwhile or is it pretty useless?[/QUOTE]

Hate to quote myself but still looking for some opinions on these 2 things and I'm about to go to bed soon so I need to make a decision.

[quote name='lolwut?']fuck! The DooM franchise was on sale on the 4th? That's what I get for not following this summer sale.

Can anyone tell me how much the entire package was, so I can kick myself for not picking it up?[/QUOTE]

I think it was 7 or 8 bucks.

haha I ended up buying FO3 anyway... it's just too good to pass up, even though I have a feeling it'll still give me troubles with Win7. Worth a shot though.

Does it work for you other Win7 users?

[quote name='MysterD']I loved both Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
Can't go wrong w/ BethSoft and Obsidian....you know, especially once their games get patched-up a bit. ;)[/QUOTE]

I've yet to "go right" with Obsidian.

[quote name='mikejenks']I've yet to "go right" with Obsidian.[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one who thought Mass Effect was kind of boring? There is so much dialogue (and dialogue choices), and I felt like the combat wasn't too exciting. I can appreciate the level of detail that was put into the game, but it just wasn't any fun for me. Dragon Age looks interesting though.

Anyway... I ended up buying FO3. It's just too good to pass up, even though I have a feeling it'll still give me troubles with Win7. Worth a shot though.

Does it work okay for you other Win7 users?

[quote name='momouchi']Just waiting for Portal 2...come on Valve![/QUOTE]

For $10! :p
Now, I'm dreaming, I know...

When's Brink going to go on sale?

[quote name='sealionnn']Am I the only one who thought Mass Effect was kind of boring? There is so much dialogue (and dialogue choices), and I felt like the combat wasn't too exciting. I can appreciate the level of detail that was put into the game, but it just wasn't any fun for me. Dragon Age looks interesting though.[/QUOTE]

Then you would probably like Mass Effect 2, that is if you haven't tried it yet. The story and rpgness of the game takes a backseat to the action. There is still dialogue, but I found the story too uninteresting to care what was being said.

EDIT: Also not sure what ME has to do with Obsidian, other than the fact that Obsidian used to rehash what Bioware used to make.

[quote name='sealionnn']Am I the only one who thought Mass Effect was kind of boring? There is so much dialogue (and dialogue choices), and I felt like the combat wasn't too exciting. I can appreciate the level of detail that was put into the game, but it just wasn't any fun for me. Dragon Age looks interesting though.

Anyway... I ended up buying FO3. It's just too good to pass up, even though I have a feeling it'll still give me troubles with Win7. Worth a shot though.

Does it work okay for you other Win7 users?[/QUOTE]

I loved Mass Effect 1 and 2.
Especially ME2.

Dragon Age: Origins is amazing - if you like old-school strategic-RPG's like Baldur's Gate PC series and NWN: Hordes, NWN 2 series, you'll like DAO.

Didnt buy fallout goty, just reinstalled my original retail disc. Got some mods. One big ass pack from file planet, #4 compilation. Then got individual mods like rh-ironsights, fook2, weaponmod kit, m4 gun, beatiful people people, and fellout 3 color mod. Im sure most of those are in the big fileplanet pack, but I have yet to install all that stuff

Well I bit and went with Amnesia and Worms:Reloaded. They aren't gonna get much cheaper than that and I definitely will put them at the top of my list for what's next, especially some Worms online in HD graphics.

That Empire & Napoleon Total War Dual Pack was tempting with those 2 games+their DLCs but I know they'll throw in additional Total War games into a pack later and I can wait. I have a friend who'd say I'm crazy passing up on it as much as he plays total war tho. $5 woulda made it a quick decision, but I still have 3 hours. They are $5 a piece essentially. 90/100 metacritic on the Empire alone too.

[quote name='Kaltic']Then you would probably like Mass Effect 2, that is if you haven't tried it yet. The story and rpgness of the game takes a backseat to the action. There is still dialogue, but I found the story too uninteresting to care what was being said.

EDIT: Also not sure what ME has to do with Obsidian, other than the fact that Obsidian used to rehash what Bioware used to make.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly, if Mass Effect was a little to light on the action, and heavy on rpg/dialogues for your taste, then you might like Mass Effect 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back