Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Best Buy is a having killer Blizzard sale on retail boxes.

Probably the BEST deals on these games ever (so far).

All of these games require Battle.Net and are tied to your Battle.Net account.

Regular price = $8 each / GCU price = $6.40

Diablo III [base-game] **

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls [expansion] **

{requires Diablo III base-game}

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty [base-game]

StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm [expansion]

{requires Wings of Liberty}

World of WarCraft pack **

[includes WoW base-game, Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, Mists of Pandoria]

World of WarCraft: Warlords of Draenor [expansion] **

{requires WoW base-game + Mists of Pandoria} 

** = these games are currently always-online games. You must connect online at all times to Battle.Net to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy is a having killer Blizzard sale on retail boxes.

Probably the BEST deals on these games ever (so far).

All of these games require Battle.Net and are tied to your Battle.Net account.

Regular price = $8 each / GCU price = $6.40

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty [base-game]

StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm [expansion]

{requires Wings of Liberty}
I've been *thisclose* to pulling the trigger on these for a couple of months. ~$13 for both - I dont think I can hold out any longer.

I've been *thisclose* to pulling the trigger on these for a couple of months. ~$13 for both - I dont think I can hold out any longer.
Even at $16 for both SC2 base-game + expansion for not being a GCU Member - this is probably as cheap as these Blizzard deals have ever been.

Same goes for D3 + RoS, also.

$16 for Wings of Liberty+ Heart of the Swarm is really good if you're going to play them anytime in the near future, but otherwise might as well wait for when they eventually release a collection with both SC2 expansions. That likely won't be for a year at least though, and then by the time that gets a good sale or price drop it'll be even longer.

Thanks for the heads up on the Borderlands Presequel guys. Made me finally activate my old Borderlands GOTY key so I could get in on it.
tumblr_n3gpspsbAh1twfxaxo1_400.gif

$16 for Wings of Liberty+ Heart of the Swarm is really good if you're going to play them anytime in the near future, but otherwise might as well wait for when they eventually release a collection with both SC2 expansions. That likely won't be for a year at least though, and then by the time that gets a good sale or price drop it'll be even longer.
Probably much longer. Blizzard is notorious for not really having significant sales or price drops. $20 each is about as cheap as you'll ever get this stuff direct from Battle.net. Consider that, leaving aside the stuff they're known for like WoW and Diablo, this is part of ActivisionBlizzard or whatever they're calling themselves, Activision being the publisher of Deadpool, the 3-year-old game with an MSRP on Steam of $39.99. So if you have any interest whatsoever is StarCraft II, I'd grab these now. They're definitely worth $16, if you enjoy RTS games.

I've been telling myself that if Diablo 3 and the expansion ever got down to 10 bucks each I'd buy them.  12.84 is close enough I guess.  Reaper of Souls is sold out though. :(

Toys R Us has video games?  Huh, learn something new every day.  I think I've been to one maybe once my entire life (and that was 20 something years ago).

I'll pull a Spoder and say y u no bai when D3 was $10 at TRU?
That was when + where I bought D3 base. :)

EDIT:

Toys R Us has video games? Huh, learn something new every day. I think I've been to one maybe once my entire life (and that was 20 something years ago).
Yes. They always have had both console + PC games.

If you're looking for PC games there, best to catch them usually when there's clearance sales and/or blow-out sales.

Re: D3 and expansion: agree with MysterD that now is a great time to pick up.  Diablo3 has continued to get better with time.  Currently, patch 2.41 is being played on public test realm, seasons introduce new items and tweaks, whether single player or multiplayer the game is being balanced with even more material/areas.

Toys R Us has video games? Huh, learn something new every day. I think I've been to one maybe once my entire life (and that was 20 something years ago).
Don't think TRU carries PC games any longer but they do carry console stuff.
They don't okay they have Sims4, Goat Sim, Omerta and some Granny game on the website but that still. They clearanced them out 2 or 3 years ago when the sale in question happened.

y u no bai isn't meant to be useful or informative rub someone's nose in shit.

Apparently you can get Walmart to price match those Best Buy Blizzard prices. :p

I just got walmart to price match both.got the GCU price for diablo 3 and the RoS for $8 kinda of kicking myself for not saying six bucks. But I missed iut it was only $1 and some change vs using have tank or more driving to the next bestbuy 2.5 hours round trip. Gah the buck. I think it's going dead stock.at bestbuy and other locations as an attempt to sell out the physical copies.

Apparently you can get Walmart to price match those Best Buy Blizzard prices. :p
Some people on slickdeals also managed to get Amazon to pricematch via customer service, but it's highly YMMV. I usually don't bother with price matching other stores unless it's a crazy price mistake/clearance item (and even then I'm usually too lazy)

Anyway, I managed to grab Reaper of Souls and Heart of the Swarm from a local BB. Checked to see if they had more RoS to sell to some CAGs at cost, but they didn't.

Goddamnit, I want a copy of that D3 expansion. I have no way to get to my local Walmart right now and the jerks would probably refuse to pricematch because the Best Buy is the next town over. Blah.

That was when + where I bought D3 base. :)
While I'm rubbing stuff in things, to paraphrase Motoki, I actually had Best Buy price-match that and Skyrim when TRU had that $10 clearance sale going on. That was a pretty good haul for $20.

I think I picked up Reaper when it was on sale at GS for $15 at some point. I regret not waiting to grab the CE when it was around $29.

Borderlands Pre Sequel Review thing:

The moon physics are cool but the level design is overall much worse and there is less enemy variety. Also a lot of the side quests (especially in a select few areas that are big sprawling circles with a few bunches of enemies and just a couple vehicle stations) have you running to and from locations on opposite sides of the map, which makes the game feel a bit duller than it actually is. The game has seemed to pick up in the second half or so, quest and level design seems a bit better than the first half, and as my character has leveled up the combat has improved. All in all it feels like a massive expansion with its quality being somewhere between the Torgue and Tiny Tina dlc. Well worth 4.80 but not really anywhere near as good as BL2 so don't get your hopes up. 

Goddamnit, I want a copy of that D3 expansion. I have no way to get to my local Walmart right now and the jerks would probably refuse to pricematch because the Best Buy is the next town over. Blah.
I'm sure some Mexican 'store' in a back alley will price match that with a bootleg cracked pirate copy on a CDR.

I'm sure some Mexican 'store' in a back alley will price match that with a bootleg cracked pirate copy on a CDR.
If only.

NOBODY here does pirated PC stuff. It's all stupid console crap. Besides, why pay money for something I can pirate myself?

While I'm rubbing stuff in things, to paraphrase Motoki, I actually had Best Buy price-match that and Skyrim when TRU had that $10 clearance sale going on. That was a pretty good haul for $20.

I think I picked up Reaper when it was on sale at GS for $15 at some point. I regret not waiting to grab the CE when it was around $29.
how do u get them to match clearance price? I doubt TRU advertise their clearance price on their weekly ads

how do u get them to match clearance price? I doubt TRU advertise their clearance price on their weekly ads
They were clearancing out the majority of the PC games they carried in B&M stores, IIRC. It was just like any other kind of sale, though. The BB guy pulled up the TRU website and saw where the price was the same in-store and online, so he gave me the PM. They only get hinky when it's online only stuff, from what I can tell, but that's pretty much the only time I've price-matched something at BB. I did that because the TRU in my area is 20 miles from my house and the BB is 5.

There for a stretch, ROS appeared to not be sold out any more.  I got all the way to the last step.  The shipping was more expensive and it was going to take a week extra, but I got there.  When I went to complete the order, it told me it was sold out.

It now says it's unavailable again.  I wonder if they made more available or if that was just a website glitch.

Okay then 15 CDRs. No Bluray. It's Mexico they ain't fancy like that. They just upgraded from floppies last year.

I remember when Foxhack installed Unreal Tournament 3 to play with us on bronight and mentioned that he had to install from a DVD cuz his internet sucks. I guess they really do have a legit use for those in Mexico

Is the CAG Diablo 3 clan still active? All this Diablo 3 talk makes me want to get back into it and play some more. Great game.

Is the CAG Diablo 3 clan still active? All this Diablo 3 talk makes me want to get back into it and play some more. Great game.
It's most active when new seasons start, then dies off after everyone gets what they need from the season. I imagine the next season should be coming up soon.

I still need a few achievements left to get my extra stash tab if anyone is going to play and wants power leveled for the season I can help. You get a set of wings and a pet I believe if you care about that stuff

True story, it was around the time cd burners (about 98 I think because I bought Win98 at the same time) were just becoming "affordable" for home users.  Around the same time there were a ton of other home backup solutions, like Jaz and Zip.

I was getting something for my birthday at a CompUSA.  I decided to get a Syquest SparQ...  I liked it a lot for the week it took before the head crashed and it was unusable.  End up taking it back and got a burner instead.

Oh, and I see zip drives every once in a while at thrift stores (I think I actually saw a Clik once) and I always want to buy them for some odd reason.

It's most active when new seasons start, then dies off after everyone gets what they need from the season. I imagine the next season should be coming up soon.
I still need a few achievements left to get my extra stash tab if anyone is going to play and wants power leveled for the season I can help. You get a set of wings and a pet I believe if you care about that stuff
The previous season didn't even end yet i don't think.

Maybe I'm just an idiot and didn't realize this but.. if you logged in to Marvel Heroes yesterday and got Daredevil, you can login again today and get his Ultimate. So you were better off logging in for both days.

Was going to pick up extra copies of Diablo and RoS for trade with the Cags, but the tiny PC section at the Best Buy only had 1 copy of each left.

Maybe I'm just an idiot and didn't realize this but.. if you logged in to Marvel Heroes yesterday and got Daredevil, you can login again today and get his Ultimate. So you were better off logging in for both days.
I think they generally do that when you get a character you already have, but I didn't realize they were giving it to you both days. Anyway I try to log in there every day for the free crap lately.

bread's done
Back