Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I know it's a bit unorthodox to post deals here, but can anyone tell me if they've played and liked the following Japanese style games that just went on sale on the Steam store today?

Astebreed - $4.49
Gunhound EX - $3.74
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae - $2.49
Revolver 360 Re:Actor - $2.49
Supercharged Robot VULKAISER - $2.49
I've played GunhoundEX and liked it. It's a lot like Cybernator (Assault Suit games). Watch some gameplays to see if you'll like the genre

Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury Ultra-Fast FPS Gaming Mouse is $15 at Officedeot and Officemax if you can find one in store. SKU: 936832 Store Locator
Thanks for the heads up on the mouse. Went to my local Office Depot and mine rang up on clearance for $5.99.
Same. One store in my region had them available. Said two, but only could find one on the shelf. Rang up as $59.99 on clearance at $5.94 -- Not too shabby. The rubber coating is wearing off the buttons of my Monoprice gaming mouse so once that gets more annoying to the touch, I'll switch this one in. Thanks for the tip.

re: Days Under Custody revokings

qIdJfNc.png

0cnJVz2.gif

cyanicGroupees HQ20:21
Not sure what's going on.

cyanicGroupees HQ20:25
I'm imagining it might have something to do with DIG selling the game today.

cyanicGroupees HQ20:26
But no word from Jonny, so heck if I know what happened.

cyanicGroupees HQ20:27
DIG is selling the game today, which I'm finding slightly suspect.

cyanicGroupees HQ20:27
I don't know what goes on on the publishing side, so all I can do is speculate until Jonny says something.

From Reddit:

[–]GMMan_BZFlag 2 points 12 minutes ago 
Quick update on the situation, it was only supposed to be excess stock that IG had that was supposed to be deactivate (i.e. unredeemed keys), but Valve revoked all the keys for some reason. They've been contacted to get things sorted out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's a bit unorthodox to post deals here, but can anyone tell me if they've played and liked the following Japanese style games that just went on sale on the Steam store today?

Astebreed - $4.49
Gunhound EX - $3.74
astebreed is good but imho it's not worth 4.50

Astebreed - $4.49
Gunhound EX - $3.74
Astebreed: not a very good shmup. Even the devs last shmup is better (Ether Vapor Remaster). This one focused too much on plot.

Gunhound EX: You played Gigantic Army? If not, I prefer that one. This one still good. It's like those old cybernator games, they're fun. heavy-based action games.

Mitsurugi: DMC but no level design, just survival mode/

Vulkaiser: A barebones shmup, Really barebones but if you like shmups, and not really good at the genre, the difficutly is really fair. just enough challenge to feel good about beating it (also has 4 difficulties)

AKA they only meant to fuck over everyone with unredeemed keys (which includes but isn't limited to resellers), but they ended up fuck ing over everyone.
Unless they had leftover keys - in theory all sold, unredeemed bundles should have a key put aside for them... but if they didn't... :|

Astebreed: not a very good shmup. Even the devs last shmup is better (Ether Vapor Remaster). This one focused too much on plot.

Gunhound EX: You played Gigantic Army? If not, I prefer that one. This one still good. It's like those old cybernator games, they're fun. heavy-based action games.

Mitsurugi: DMC but no level design, just survival mode/

Vulkaiser: A barebones shmup, Really barebones but if you like shmups, and not really good at the genre, the difficutly is really fair. just enough challenge to feel good about beating it (also has 4 difficulties)
I beg to differ regarding Astebreed. I find it refreshing and fun to play; much better than Ether Vapor. Ether Vapor on the other hand was such a bore, flashy but a little bit less interesting than Astebreed. But then again, this opinion was formed back in my Xbox 360 day, where Japanese shoot them up was quite abundant on that platform.

Looks like GameStop wants to compete w/ Best Buy's Blizzard-Mania...

StarCraft II BattleChest = $15.97

-> contains StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty [base-game] + Heart of the Swarm [expansion]
The Legacy of the Void CEs are on sale too. I'm wondering whether this is a permanent price drop or a sale. I want to pick one of those up with a couple of coupons I have, but I'll have to travel to get to a store that has one and I probably can't do that until sometime next week.

Man I already have Starcraft 2 or I'd pick that up. Not sure what I'd do if I picked that up and got a second copy of the base game. Doubt I'd be able to sell it and get some of that back. I wish I could have picked up the D3 RoS expansion at Best Buy for super cheap but none in stock near me. I'm still tempted to try and grab a RoS CE from a Gamestop but not sure if it's worth it.

The Legacy of the Void CEs are on sale too. I'm wondering whether this is a permanent price drop or a sale. I want to pick one of those up with a couple of coupons I have, but I'll have to travel to get to a store that has one and I probably can't do that until sometime next week.
I think they're trying to clear out physical stock. They have D3 Reaper of Souls for $15, but the key version is $20.

Man I already have Starcraft 2 or I'd pick that up. Not sure what I'd do if I picked that up and got a second copy of the base game. Doubt I'd be able to sell it and get some of that back. I wish I could have picked up the D3 RoS expansion at Best Buy for super cheap but none in stock near me. I'm still tempted to try and grab a RoS CE from a Gamestop but not sure if it's worth it.
Try price matching at Walmart/Target on the D3:RoS. Was mentioned here earlier but people on slickdeals saying they've been able to get both stores to PM.

Well that was a bust, asked for an ad, said it was online, they said no so fuck Walmart. Saved me $16 bucks at least I guess (unless Best Buy gets em in stock again). Still, fuck Walmart.

EDIT: Got a little pissed, way more then should haha. But yeah, kind of annoyed since I know (according to corporate's website anyways) that it can be done and annoyed+late+after work not a good combo. Anyways probably a good thing I'm not a console user, can't imagine how I'd fare with the 80 steps, most of which being YMMV. 

Lastly is there like a CAG help group for people who can't stop buying games? Think I need help. 

The Starcraft II Battlechest is not a Steam code in a box right?
Not for Steam, no way.

Blizzard games use their own service Battle.Net.

Modern Blizzard games - i.e. StarCraft 2, Diablo 3, WoW - pretty much require Battle.Net game-client.

Also, old Blizzard retail keys can be activated on Battle.Net - i.e. Starcraft 1, Warcraft 3, Diablo 2.

Much easier to download the entire game installers all patched-up and install it that way...

...than say dealing w/ multiple CD's on the install + patching them up afterwards.

AKA they only meant to fuck over everyone with unredeemed keys (which includes but isn't limited to resellers), but they ended up fuck ing over everyone.
If your first move as a publisher is to do a mass-revoke.. you shouldn't be a publisher at all. wtf Groupees. They also didn't have to revoke keys, they could have invalidated unused keys.. which is what the Nekro dev did in the past. Still a shitty solution, but better than revokes.

I can't remember any publisher fucking up this bad, would be hard to believe if it's Valve's fault.

If your first move as a publisher is to do a mass-revoke.. you shouldn't be a publisher at all. wtf Groupees. They also didn't have to revoke keys, they could have invalidated unused keys.. which is what the Nekro dev did in the past. Still a shitty solution, but better than revokes.

I can't remember any publisher fucking up this bad, would be hard to believe if it's Valve's fault.
No way it's Valve's fault and lame of them to try to pin the blame there when they know they have like next to no direct communication with the public so we can't confirm it.

How would Valve get a list of some, but not all, keys for a certain game sold by both Indie Gala And DIG (they also said some of their keys were revoked).

They wouldn't. It had to come from the publisher.

One of Jonny's idiot savants he gets to do all his work for him for free while he gets chauffeured to beer and manipedis goofed and they are trying to cover their ass.

The Reaper of Souls CEs have been at the ~$29 pricepoint for a while at GameStop, but they've been out of stock within several hundred miles of my location for months if not years. Good luck finding one in your area.

Can we expect a total meh Easter Sale incoming?
There's usually a spring sale but it's probably sometime in April. Too lazy to look it up, but reasonable google-fu will provide historical information.

This tilt me to the purchase. It was working smoothly.
Toyed with the idea of filling the refund request for VH3 afterwards, but decide not to be a-hole over 5 bucks ;).
I looked at it as spending $5 to get the Final Cut version, which by all accounts is the best way to play VH. I think NeoCore did this in part because of the terrible reviews of Part III.

No way it's Valve's fault and lame of them to try to pin the blame there when they know they have like next to no direct communication with the public so we can't confirm it.

How would Valve get a list of some, but not all, keys for a certain game sold by both Indie Gala And DIG (they also said some of their keys were revoked).

They wouldn't. It had to come from the publisher.

One of Jonny's idiot savants he gets to do all his work for him for free while he gets chauffeured to beer and manipedis goofed and they are trying to cover their ass.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.. Valve can't just revoke keys that Groupees didn't give them, it doesn't work that way. What's sad is people are defending Groupees on Steamgifts and reddit when they probably don't deserve it. If it is Valve's fault (seems extremely unlikely), this would be the first time ever that I've heard of Valve screwing up like this. They're usually very professional with managing their own key system and with revokes/deactivation.

It's gonna be funny when Groupees tries to get the revoked keys "restored". I don't work for Valve, but I imagine it's impossible to reactivate revoked keys, new keys would most likely need to be provided to bundle sites.. and you know how long it takes IG to put up keys.

I kept waiting for my Days Under Custody key to be revoked, but then I checked and I apparently won it from the dev in a mass giveaway on SteamGifts, so I guess I'm safe.

yay...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/412730/discussions/0/392184342867440595/#p16
Poopees said:
We apologize for this issue. It results from a miscommunication with our contact at Valve. All keys were not supposed to be revoked, just extra keys that were not previously distributed in bundles. As some of you may know, there is a big issue with 3rd party sites selling Steam keys. It is causing lots of issues and was one of the major topics of conversation at GDC this year. We were simply trying to ensure that extra keys were not going to make their way to these third party sites. We are working with Steam to correct the mistake and will ensure that folks who purchased the key via Indie Gala or DIG will have their game restored.
Miscommunication = we sent them the wrong list.

And I knew it was this whole ohmagerd reesellrz shit that's going around lately. Never mind that Poopees and sites like them that sell games for pennies with no quantity limit are the main cause of all the reselling in the first place.

In the old days, like 3 years or more ago :p, revoking was a huge deal. It almost never happened and when it did it involved something very serious like credit card theft. Now Valve is letting too many idiots do it and this is the result.

How is it fair that people who bought this game will probably have to wait like two months to get new keys from Indie Gala?

And it's going to create a bunch of headache and extra work for Tremor, if they can even figure out who got all those keys and give them out again to the correct people.

Wasn't paying much attention to the thread yesterday but if there's a VH3 coupon still floating around, I'd be interested in it.

Got it, thanks!

If anyone is interested, TY the tasmanian tiger just entered early access. It's already discounted to $10, and theres a bonus discount for those who own TY 4 and Blade Kitten.

bread's done
Back