Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I don't get how keys that weren't distributed in a bundle could be sold by resellers.
Sshh stop making sense.

Also someone posted this gem in the days forum.

fb3cfea44569203a722b925194e25581.png

Guess what when you have Groupees next to your name you're a representative of the company idiot

I don't get how keys that weren't distributed in a bundle could be sold by resellers.
I don't really understand this either. If the bundles were unsold, then Groupees was presumably just sitting on a list of keys that weren't actually issued. How would a third party have obtained those in order to resell them unless either a) Groupees servers got hacked (i.e., we can't check every firewall) or b) Groupees itself did something shifty with that batch of keys, like sell them to Kinguin en masse or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
One time I've been excited about a bundle at Groupees.  ONCE.  They had the an album bundle I was very interested in picking up.

Most of the rest of the time, they have mostly greenlight crap and games with art that looks like it was made by a five year old in MS Paint.

I wish they would do the same for Diablo III and the expansion. I talked with Amazon Customer service and they said no (They'll only price match TV's)

It was also posted to SteamGifts discussions.
i think its time to call Groupees a not trustable firm

Seemed like some kind of running joke in the AOL chat. Sure enough:
I get that but at the same time if you are acting as a representative of a company then you really need to be held to a higher standard and be careful how you present yourself. The whole lot of them are just really unprofessional. I guess that's what happens when you get random fools around the world to do your work for you unpaid or paid in crap game keys.

If any of them want to just be 'one of the guys' in their AOL 90s chat room then they should make a separate handle for that without the Groupees name attached.

I get that but at the same time if you are acting as a representative of a company then you really need to be held to a higher standard and be careful how you present yourself. The whole lot of them are just really unprofessional. I guess that's what happens when you get random fools around the world to do your work for you unpaid or paid in crap game keys.

If any of them want to just be 'one of the guys' in their AOL 90s chat room then they should make a separate handle for that without the Groupees name attached.
Oh yea, I agree 100%. The comments come across as mocking people unless you're an AOL regular and know all the inside jokes. Plus it's not the first time a Groupees rep would seem to show contempt for concerns from their users (e.g. my signature). The occasional snark from the reps probably reflects the attitude of the guy at the top.

Why would they regret it? I'm sure this was their plan all along. They want people to buy VH3 to get Final Cut.
Free copies of Final Cut mean less copies of Final Cut sold, and they're going to sell copies of VH 1+2 at pennies each, so that's even less money for them.

Free copies of Final Cut mean less copies of Final Cut sold.
It's not really "free" when people need to buy VH3 to get it. Final Cut is just an enhanced version of games that are 1-3 years old anyway. I doubt they were banking on people buying Final Cut, it was just a convenient way for them to get more sales out of VH3 (which bombed)

I H8 ALL U FUR MAKIN' ME SPEND GABENDONUTBUX ON VHIII WHEN I WILL BE ABLE TO GET IT IN THE IG BUNDLE WHEN IT UNLOCKS....DAMN U ALL IN MY ACTIVITY FEED!!!

P.S.  OH WAIT,  STOP....REFUND TIME!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

Wasn't VH1+VH2 already in a humble bundle for cheap anyways? I see it in my steam library and had no idea I had it.

Wish I had a VH3 coupon. Would definitely be interested in getting it for the free copy of final cut.

Every time I see Sexy Evil Snow White, I want to buy that game despite knowing full well that it features zero Sexy Evil Snow White in any interesting fashion.  Still, Sexy Evil Snow White pushes buttons to the point where adult Syntax Error can barely keep 13 year old Syntax Error at bay.

Hell, I might actually own it form some other bundle or something for all I know.  God knows I'd never play the game.  I just want to buy it.

Van Helsing 2 was in a bundle but it was a BTA tier that was apparently too rich for my blood.

Waiting on happy hour / tremor, then I'll use my coupon and get VH3. Hopefully the devs don't kill the offer before that.

Wish I had a VH3 coupon. Would definitely be interested in getting it for the free copy of final cut.
I had one drop to me last night after I restarted Steam. Dunno what the condition for it was. I used it, but a good place to look would be the Steam group "Coupon Dumpster". Lots of people give their coupons there.

RE: VH1+2

It's pretty much the old "put base game in bundle/give away for free to sell the DLC" trick. Which, if my activity feed is any indication, works pretty well.

Maybe the plan is for the Van Helsing developers to push Van Helsing III sales by selling the first two at rock bottom prices, and then bundling Van Helsing III soon afterwards. I'm not falling for it. I'll wait for the third title to get bundled, or maybe the final cut will get bundled by itself. MSRP is meaningless when things get bundled.

Maybe the plan is for Van Helsing developers to push Van Helsing III sales by selling the first two at rock bottom prices, and then bundling Van Helsing III soon afterwards. I'm not falling for it. I'll wait for the third title to get bundled, or maybe the final cut will get bundled by itself. MSRP is meaningless when things get bundled.
Totally agree unless you think you will play the final cut soonish. Hopefully I play it soonish.

Always cool to see someone giving a break to people who serve but I will stick to groupon offers.

Few IG leftovers. 

Tycoon City New York

94Q0Y-CVGHB-EQ7MT

Face Noir

BWW5Q-PPFYV-HM0E0

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - S. 1e + OST Vol 1

BYP9D-TRDCP-CW7IR

The Last Door - Collector's Edition

BRZC7-PPRRI-RYAQ6

Quest for Infamy

C2C4Y-CW04R-VARJC

Morningstar: Descent to Deadrock

BVQND-BI2GT-WAILV

Few IG leftovers.

Tycoon City New York

94Q0Y-CVGHB-EQ7MT

Face Noir

BWW5Q-PPFYV-HM0E0

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - S. 1e + OST Vol 1

BYP9D-TRDCP-CW7IR

The Last Door - Collector's Edition

BRZC7-PPRRI-RYAQ6

Quest for Infamy

C2C4Y-CW04R-VARJC

Morningstar: Descent to Deadrock

BVQND-BI2GT-WAILV
thanks i grabbed the trump games

The dev changed his mind, and said he'll deliver steam keys to Groupees if Groupees doesn't refund us.

Also, if I'm reading this correctly.. it seems that whoever signed the contract with Groupees was impersonating the dev:

poppees.png

The dev could just be lying and wanted to get out of the contract.. but with Groupees' recent fuckups it's entirely possible that someone impersonated him.

The dev changed his mind, and said he'll deliver steam keys to Groupees if Groupees doesn't refund us.

Also, if I'm reading this correctly.. it seems that whoever signed the contract with Groupees was impersonating the dev:

poppees.png

The dev could just be lying and wanted to get out of the contract.. but with Groupees' recent fuckups it's entirely possible that someone impersonated him.
I totally believe it. Poopees DGAF. Give a music contract to a game, give a contract to a fake dev, deactivate a shit ton of keys for kicks.

They'd sign a contract with a monkey scribbled on a napkin.

Let's all pick a game we like and tell Cyanic and Shitty Slug we are the de and want to sign with them.

bread's done
Back