Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I took it too far sorry. Should never try to make a point about how the moderators only moderate when it pushes an agenda. Ooops.

Last edited:
When you said TTesports Posidens...You mean this?

http://www.amazon.com/Tt-eSPORTS-Poseidon-Illuminated-KB-PIZ-KLBLUS-01/dp/B00HZE2PJS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424013174&sr=8-1&keywords=ttesports+Poseidon

Wanted to make sure because I'm in the market for keyboard with blue illuminated keys too and it seems like the one I should get!
id have to see the box to be positive since the keyboards at her place now but im 99% sure thats the one. I really like the feel of their blues. Only gripe was the shift key was a TAD too close to the wasd FPS hand layout, but i have large hands. One of those guys who loved the original xbox Dukes. Other than that the blue has like 5 lvls of brightness, looks great and the keys are probably the best blues i've used/tested. I even liked the feel on them better than the Corsair blues

Welp, lostnumber just became the first person ever to make it onto my ignore list.

EDIT: And thanks again to Fox for this post explaining how it's done now. Never thought I'd actually need it. But I'm glad it was there in my hour of need.
You didn't put that one dude on ignore when he posted that fat baseball player entirely nude?

Stepping aside on the whole lostnumber outraged over the deletion of OT women pictures making some unpopular political point about man pictures thing, anyhoo...

Somebody will be along shortly to give you the long-winded version, but Tages is considered Bad. With a capitalised 'B'. I'm sure there's something about it causing hard drives to explode but the rest escapes me.
It also tends to have a limited number of activations meaning you could potentially get locked out if you change hardware or PCs enough times. Plus it's not tied to any particular account except I guess Nuuvem so later on when you have a kajillion PC games on Steam you'll forget you have this one off tages download on Nuuvem where pretty much nobody buys non-Steam stuff from.

will be in bundle soon.. tier 1
You're welcome!

Although, Ubi doesn't sell Juarez-Cartel in their shop, so I'd be surprised (first of all, if they ever did a humble bundle) if they added something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
So uh.. has anyone posted about the There Came An Echo giveaway on neogaf? I tried doing a search here and couldn't find anything.

If you have a neogaf account and post in this thread with a title, you'll get a Steam key within a day or so. I figure most CAGs know about it now, but posting in case anyone hasn't seen it yet.

If you don't already have a neogaf account, don't bother. It takes forever to get approved.

I had been using KeePass for awhile and it's pretty good, but really it's basically just a glorified Word file. I finally made the switch to Last Pass last week and so far I really like it. It's nice not having to open up KeePass all the time for forgotten passwords. With Last Pass there is a little button on each site's login box. (after you set it up for that site) Push that and it automatically puts in your login and pw for that site. Very simple. It will also generate passwords for you and save them for sites if you want as well. It also can import your saved login and pw's from Chrome/Firefox and it can can do a security check that will break down your passwords by site. It's useful to see which site uses which password.
I'll second this emotion. I've been using LastPass for 2-3 years now, and it's worth every penny to pay the $12 per year for the premium upgrade, but if you're not using it on a phone or tablet, the free version works just fine too.

I had been using KeePass for awhile and it's pretty good, but really it's basically just a glorified Word file. I finally made the switch to Last Pass last week and so far I really like it. It's nice not having to open up KeePass all the time for forgotten passwords. With Last Pass there is a little button on each site's login box. (after you set it up for that site) Push that and it automatically puts in your login and pw for that site. Very simple. It will also generate passwords for you and save them for sites if you want as well. It also can import your saved login and pw's from Chrome/Firefox and it can can do a security check that will break down your passwords by site. It's useful to see which site uses which password.
I use Keefox addon, that autofills in Firefox. Also KeeAgent for SSH keys, if that's your thing.

LassPass is probably more starter friendly, thought.

I've had Agarest on my wishlist for a while and see that quite a few of you own it.  Does anyone play this and can give a recommendation?  Or should I just wait for a deal on Agarest 2?

Should I feel sad that I missed the offending picture?
It was basically this

4535916_blog-1.jpg

So uh.. has anyone posted about the There Came An Echo giveaway on neogaf? I tried doing a search here and couldn't find anything.

If you have a neogaf account and post in this thread with a title, you'll get a Steam key within a day or so. I figure most CAGs know about it now, but posting in case anyone hasn't seen it yet.

If you don't already have a neogaf account, don't bother. It takes forever to get approved.
Bah, fucking Wesley Crusher does the lead character's voice. Not sure if I even want it now.

Thanks for posting that though. I can't remember the last time I logged into my GAF account, so I definitely wouldn't have know about it if you didn't post it.

Bah, fucking Wesley Crusher does the lead character's voice. Not sure if I even want it now.

Thanks for posting that though. I can't remember the last time I logged into my GAF account, so I definitely wouldn't have know about it if you didn't post it.
Who?

Oh, you mean Wil Wheaton. You should have said that it's the guy who voiced Wheatley rather than mentioning a character from some obscure TV show.

Who?

Oh, you mean Wil Wheaton. You should have said that it's the guy who voiced Wheatley rather than mentioning a character from some obscure TV show.
Stephen Merchant voiced Wheatley though. Unless you're not talking about Portal 2's Wheatley. I know because he basically did the voice he does in everything. Big fan though.

Banished on the Weekly is tempting at $5.99. It screams Humble Bundle though. I may at least wait to see what happens at Humble through Thursday.

Star Trek: TNG an... obscure show? En garde! You have offended my inner nerd! :boxing:

Stephen Merchant voiced Wheatley though. Unless you're not talking about Portal 2's Wheatley. I know because he basically did the voice he does in everything. Big fan though.
Damn you Google! When I Google'd Wil Wheaton, the bottom two results were about Wheatley, so I assumed h did that voice too. :error:

My steam account is sitting at 1799 games and I already own Bad Rats (thanks for that).  Any thoughts on what should be 1800?  I know it's not a milestone like 2000, but that is coming soonish if the bundle gods favor me.

After 2000, I can start being selective about adding games to my account.    That's what the cool kids are doing these days, right?

Right, because Ubisoft has done so many Humble Bundles and even if they did do one they really would debut with one of their least popular games and most poorly rated games. :roll:

Sometimes you guys really talk out of your back orifices.

Now as for why I want one of Ubisoft's least popular and most poorly rated games to begin with, I have issues.
tier 1 is hardly a debut. It's more like "here is our trash.. buy it for a dollar". They know that most ppl will jump on tier 1 anyway, for that +1

I played the Cartel on console (good thing that it was a rental) and it was an insult to the good franchise. I even regretted wasting a wait slot for that crap instead of some better quality titles.

So I can't post a picture of a girl wearing clothes? I didn't get any warning via PM. I guess her top was a bit skimpy, I admit, but had more coverage than a bikini. :?:

So I can't post a picture of a girl wearing clothes? I didn't get any warning via PM. I guess her top was a bit skimpy, I admit, but had more coverage than a bikini. :?:
Mods here are way too lazy and irresponsible to let people know what rule they broke or what they did wrong. They basically delete or ban just based on user reports/complaints. I'm assuming someone either thought the picture was NSFW or that it objectified women or both.

Mods here are way too lazy and irresponsible to let people know what rule they broke or what they did wrong. They basically delete or ban just based on user reports/complaints. I'm assuming someone either thought the picture was NSFW or that it objectified women or both.
Reporting this post both to the mods and playfire

It's a girl. If someone is offended by girls then that's not my fault. I'll go read the rules and post it again if it's within the guidelines.

Ok here are the rules

Language & Disruptive Behavior
You may not use CAG to make available content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. You may not engage in any behavior that interferes with the operation of CAG or its enjoyment by other users.

Trademarks, Copyrighted Material, and Confidential Information
You may not use CAG to make available content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of another. You may not use CAG to make available content which you have no right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (including but not limited to inside information and proprietary or confidential information disclosed in employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).

Trolling & Harassment
Posting unsubstantiated negative commentary intended solely to annoy and/or offend other users is not allowed. You may not "stalk" or otherwise harass or harm another user in any way.

Spam & Solicitation
You may not use CAG to make available unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," “stock touts,” “pyramid schemes,”, "affiliate links", "cookie stuffing", or any other form of solicitation. For more information on affiliate links and why we only allow CAG Affiliate links, please read this.

Viruses & Data Collection
You may not use CAG to make available software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment. You may not collect or store personal data about other users of CAG.

Piracy & Other Illegal Acts
You may not use CAG to make available information on the acquisition or use of pirated content, circumvention of copy protection, and software or hardware which enables the use of pirated content. Requesting or providing links or invitations to web sites which contain this information or content is not allowed. You may not use CAG to discuss, buy, sell, or trade pirated content or hardware which enables the use of pirated content.
You may not use CAG to violate local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to administrative regulations and any other regulations having the force of law.

System Abuse
CAG has various features which are designed to help the community, but can be negatively affected by malicious user input. These features include (but are not limited to): thread and blog tagging, trade-in value tracker, reporting posts, user reviews, trading, feedback, marketplace, private messages, price tracker and the game database. Those users who abuse the Site features will find their privileges or account revoked at the administrator's discretion.

I don't think I'd worry too much about the motivation of the moderator deleting whatever image was posted. I suspect they would like to keep the thread somewhat focused on its topic and find gratuitous posts of scantily clad men and women to be detrimental towards that goal.

The more you talk about it, the more likely it is you'll upset one of them and cause unwanted trouble for either yourself or for the rest of the thread. I don't find the rules to be overbearing. Just roll with it.

Somebody will be along shortly to give you the long-winded version, but Tages is considered Bad. With a capitalised 'B'. I'm sure there's something about it causing hard drives to explode but the rest escapes me.

Uplay (Ubisoft DRM) really isn't that bad. They removed a lot of the "must be online to play" requirements, and now its just another layer that sits in the background while you play. I've personally had no problems with it. Although, again, alarm bells have gone off at a certain CAG's headquarters and he's now compiling an eleventy four page response as to why everything needs to be DRM Free. Or Steam.

TL;DR - Tages bad, Uplay not bad at all.
Eleventy Four Page Response

Actually, your thoughts on UPlay + Tages are similar to mine.

About DRM-FREE and Steam....

[Insert typical MysterD thoughts on DRM-FREE + Steam here.]

bread's done
Back