Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Does Freedom Force show up in the cart?
Or only in your account after you bought some other 2K game?
That's what I'm trying to figure out. Add it to cart and charges you, don't and there's no indication you would get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now if Bioware could just make it a full on open world, ditch the collectathon stuff and increase quests that either have a storyline or at least have you go dungeon dwelling, and implement the combat from Dragon Age Origins, for Dragon Age 4 it'd probably wind up one of my favorite games.
Did EA release Dragon Age 3 without notifying us? I thought someone told me that DA:I is just like a spin off rather than a continuation of DA2

Checked my e-mail about the D2D 2K Free Freedom Force promo.

And there's no promo code or anything for this.

How odd.

Did EA release Dragon Age 3 without notifying us? I thought someone told me that DA:I is just like a spin off rather than a continuation of DA2
DA:I ties into the previous games -- they mention the Hero of Fereldan, the Champion of Kirkwald, you meet Leliana and Varric, some previous characters have cameos, etc. However the game stands on its own and playing the previous games is not necessary to know what's going on. Hearing Leliana talk about the Hero of Fereldan or King Alistair is fun if you're familiar with who they are but you'll never be required to know/care who Alistair is except in the context of DA:I

Whoever said that is a dumbass.
photo-thumb-196156.jpg

However the game stands on its own and playing the previous games are not necessary to know what's going on.
Kinda sorta kinda. I think you'd really be lost on some stuff mentioned and full significance of the Shyamalanesque what a twist! and all that even with expository dialogue if you don't at least do the tapestry thingie.

Kinda sorta kinda. I think you'd really be lost on some stuff mentioned and full significance of the Shyamalanesque what a twist! and all that even with expository dialogue if you don't at least do the tapestry thingie.
Ok, I'll give you that. I still think you can get by though.

Granted I'm probably only about half way through the main story so far, but I think you could easily play DA:I on its own and not be lost, at least as far as plot goes as a whole. At the same time though, it is very tied to the previous games. Cameos aside, a lot of the plot is borne out of da2 (the beginning of the game occurs directly after da2, the antagonist is introduced in da2, etc). Really if you think about it retroactively dragon age origins seems like the spin off. In addition to the plot, there is a lot of thick lore in the dragon age series and if you haven't played the first two games you'll really have to nose through the codex to get familiar with the world

My son played DA:I and never played the others and didn't seem to have any issue with it (although sometimes I'd volunteer info just because I was watching).  I never finished DA2 (and never touched the DLC) but didn't have any trouble understanding the plot.

It's helpful, to be sure, and there's plenty of rewards for those who have played the previous games but I think it stands pretty well as is.  That said, I certainly wouldn't call it a "spin-off".

So...since we got a Humble Rep' now, are we going to get a Direct2Drive rep to come here & let us know what's up w/ the 2K game + Free Freedom Force deal...?

:nottalking:

So now that this thread has quieted down a little; I wanted to add how I stuck it to the Brits this morning -

independence_day.jpg

Take your tea and go home! Only beer and bbq up in this motherfucker! 'MURICA, fuck YEAH! *EAGLE SCREECH* #MAKEAMERICAGREATAGAIN

And yes, I did wait all year to get that achievement on July 4th, even though it wasn't a requirement or anything.

Seasonal Steam Summer Sale Haul & Misc Shet:
Fable Anniversary
Enemy Front
LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII
Neptunia U (SSP pressured me)
The Orion Project (forgot was in my cart when i hit buy)
Airscape: The Fall of Gravity
Outrage
Storm of Spears
Insincere
Purgatory
Zombie Army Trilogy 4-Pack (thanks Sep, Xealot and Kbob)
Toukiden: Kiwami (EN) (gifted to Carl for games)
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3

Nuuvem (soulkyo is the man)
Tales of Symphonia
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - Revelations
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - Armored Dracula Costume
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - Dark Dracula Costume
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - Relic Rune Pack
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Castlevania: Lord of Shadows - Mirror of Fate HD
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition

GMG (thanks tom)
Neon Space

Origin
Dragon Age Inquistion

Separate mic and headphones > combined headset. Never going back.
I think that would just give me one more thing to have to worry about and find a place for on my desk.

I think my headset picks up the AC, half dozen fans, lawn mower, and chainsaw all running in the background just fine.
Amazing you can game and do all that other stuff at the same time.

And that is why I prefer push to talk.
And then you don't talk.

I gotta agree with you there. So many mouth breathers that refuse to use push to talk.....
Like you've never passed out and broadcast your drunken snoring.

What does Chromecast do that Roku doesn't? (Have a Roku 3, which I dearly love.)

My haul. I did end up buying a 50 dollar steam card at a discount to make some of it a bit cheaper... (I'm looking at you GTAV.)

Controller Companion
12 is Better Than 6
Hard West Collector's Edition
Invisible, Inc. + Contingency Plan Bundle
Rocket League® - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Car Pack
Hard West: Scars of Freedom DLC
TRANSFORMERS: Devastation DLC Bundle
TRANSFORMERS: Devastation
Grand Theft Auto V

Non Steam
Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain + Ground Zero

Luckily for me as I would have spent more if Indiegala sale hadn't ended before steams. (I would have gotten Ryse plus scratch off.)

Pretty sure that was it...
I don't know what extra features the Chromecast has now, but it basically allows you to broadcast any page on Chrome to your TV. For you I'd be good for anything that doesn't have a Roku app I guess.

Ew, if I had beats I would off myself
They are wildly overpriced, but good if bassy sound is what you want.

photo-thumb-49842.png

*noisily eats a bag of M&M's on discord*
It was Lindt Extra Creamy Milk Chocolate. I'm a classy fox. nom nom nom. M&Ms are for plebs.

Whoever said about Crush Crush.....well I despise you....I wasted about a bit over an hour on it or so. Not doing that again...way too grindy.

My Steam haul was mainly fakeybroin' stuff that I'll likely play.

My Steam sale haul:

AI War: Destroyer of Worlds
Blackwell Epiphany
Deadly Sin 2
Don't Starve - Reign of Giants
Downwell
Eternal Destiny
Eternal Destiny - Demon Slayer : Turmoil of Tohno
Frederic: Resurrection of Music Director's Cut
Grandia II
King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - Ice and Fire
Luftrausers
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
Regency Solitaire
Stardew Valley
Super Sanctum TD
Tales of Maj'Eyal - Embers of Rage
Tron 2.0
Zombie Army Trilogy 4 pack split

The rest of them

Indiegala:

Arvale
Between Me and the Night
Beyond Reality
Dungelot: Shattered Lands
Drakensang - Philisean's Secret
Girlfriend Rescue
Last Heroes 1/2
Humble:

Hunie Cam Studio

Super Win the Game

Indie MixTape

Since we are talking headsets I guess I might as well list mine...

Its a Turtle Beach px5.  Branded for PS3 but it works on PC (obviously) and 360. 

Don't let that new price fool you...  It wasn't that expensive its just old and has been replaced with newer model. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003O6N64Y/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

Anyhow, I like it well enough but I would be much happier if it was more elegant in its functionality on PC (aka when I swap to it I have to reroute my sound (from speakers to digital audio) but some of that might be a byproduct of having used HDMI sound/monitor speakers for so long that when I got my 970 and new monitor that my old PC speakers I still have around were likely old a decade a go.  (Creative Inspire T2900)

Meh, idiots shooting off fireworks at 1 in the morning keeping me awake.  I like watching the big displays and even the smaller stuff that actually does something colorful but man all of the noisy little firecrackers that kids like to use all damn night for days before and after the 4th?  Frak those things.  
Humble:

BLOPS 3 via Humble Monthly preorder/Steam
Dreamscape
Eldritch
Flat Kingdom: Paper's Cut Edition
Press X Not to Die
Slime Rancher 
Super Mutant Alien Assault
The Park
Undefeated
Vagrant Hearts
War for the Overworld Gold Edition
Windward

Gamesplanet

Metal Gear Solid V

Steam

Age of Wonders Franchise Bundle
Assetto Corsa + Dream Packs
Axiom Verge
Battle Mages
Battle Mages: Sign of Darkness
BATTLE PIXELS
Bloodgate
Bullet Heaven 2
Cellar
Chariot Royal Gadget Pack
Crypt of the NecroDancer
Dying Light Season Pass
Endless Legend - Shifters
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Deluxe Bundle
Fable Anniversary
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Freebie
Hero Siege - Wrath of Mevius (Digital Collector's Edition)
Invisible, Inc. + Contingency Plan Bundle
Marvel Heroes 2016 - Marvel's Captain America: Civil War Starter Pack
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
On A Roll 3D
Pinball Arcade: Season Three Pro Pack
Regency Solitaire
Royal Heroes
Salt and Sanctuary
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth - Rising Tide
Six Sides of the World
Spore Complete
Spooky Bonus
Subnautica
Super Chibi Knight
Sword of the Stars The Pit Bundle
Tales of Maj'Eyal - Ashes of Urh'Rok
The Crew Complete Edition
The Golf Club - Collectors Edition Upgrade
The Haunted: Hells Reach
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter
The Spatials
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty - Alf's Escape
Zombie Army Trilogy

Amazon

Call of Cthulhu
Flora's Fruit Farm
Rotastic
Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition Deluxe

Indie Gala

Arvale
Between Me and The Night
Beyond Reality
OH! RPG!

Chrono

Dragon Fin Soup

Had a cart full of cheaper stuff that I deleted, figured I am better off getting something like Slime Rancher that I will actually play than stuff that looks ok and is priced well but will in all honestly probably never make it out of the backlog.  

Since we are talking headsets I guess I might as well list mine...

Its a Turtle Beach px5. Branded for PS3 but it works on PC (obviously) and 360.

Don't let that new price fool you... It wasn't that expensive its just old and has been replaced with newer model.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003O6N64Y/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

Anyhow, I like it well enough but I would be much happier if it was more elegant in its functionality on PC (aka when I swap to it I have to reroute my sound (from speakers to digital audio) but some of that might be a byproduct of having used HDMI sound/monitor speakers for so long that when I got my 970 and new monitor that my old PC speakers I still have around were likely old a decade a go. (Creative Inspire T2900)
I use the TB X41s, which are pretty similar to the ones you have, but Xbox branded. They also have the same problem of not being able to use speakers and headphones simultaneously; instead you need to choose default device. Though I use optical out for the X41s, not using HDMI for anything but video. Also, have to use a weird cable to add back in chat cause of Xbox protocols or something.

I finally finished idling all my cards last night!  Can finally turn off Archi for the first time in two weeks.  That was really the only motivator for me not to buy more games.  Knowing I would impulsively need to idle the cards for my pennies.  

So now that this thread has quieted down a little; I wanted to add how I stuck it to the Brits this morning -

independence_day.jpg

Take your tea and go home! Only beer and bbq up in this motherfucker! 'MURICA, fuck YEAH! *EAGLE SCREECH* #MAKEAMERICAGREATAGAIN

And yes, I did wait all year to get that achievement on July 4th, even though it wasn't a requirement or anything.
Sorry to ask a dumb question but what game is this?

I finally finished idling all my cards last night! Can finally turn off Archi for the first time in two weeks. That was really the only motivator for me not to buy more games. Knowing I would impulsively need to idle the cards for my pennies.
I just leave mine running all the time. Idlemaster was at PITA and I had to keep restarting it if new games with cards got added. I don't know maybe there was a way to make it periodically ping to check but I never found it. Archi will do that automatically though. I think I set mine to check every half hour or so. It's really good about stopping when you're playing a game then restarting when you're done too.

It's just less hassle for me to keep it running in the background at all times and let it do its thing.

Europa Universalis 4, the only game there is~
Thanks, this actually looks like something I'd play, wishlisted it.

EDIT - Are any of the previous games worth playing? Or is the 4th one a more polished/better version of them?

DA:I ties into the previous games -- they mention the Hero of Fereldan, the Champion of Kirkwald, you meet Leliana and Varric, some previous characters have cameos, etc. However the game stands on its own and playing the previous games is not necessary to know what's going on. Hearing Leliana talk about the Hero of Fereldan or King Alistair is fun if you're familiar with who they are but you'll never be required to know/care who Alistair is except in the context of DA:I
Yep, what he said. It's not a direct sequel in any sense, just as DA II wasn't really a direct sequel to DA:O. In II, you play the Champion of Kirkwall, who is a completely different character from the Hero of Ferelden (and who is essentially not even referenced in the second game) and you interact with a lot of new NPCs and one or two returning characters from DA:O. In 3 (DA:I), you play the Inquisitor, who has some interactions with the Champion directly, has some indirect interactions with the Hero, and also connects with companions from both of the previous games. While the events of Inquisition follow more-or-less directly from the ending of DA II, the fact that you are playing different characters in each game by design, to me, makes none of these games true direct sequels. They are three games set in the same fictional world telling stories about different characters with some overlapping events and NPCs.

Obviously, DA:O, DA2 & DA:I are really Leliana's story.  You're just along for the ride :)

Also, I notice I said Kirkwald instead of Kirkwall.  Shows how many shits I gave for DA2.

Thanks, this actually looks like something I'd play, wishlisted it.

EDIT - Are any of the previous games worth playing? Or is the 4th one a more polished/better version of them?
EU4 is by far the easiest paradox grand strategy game to get into, and the one I started with. (A little dated but this helped guide me when I was first interested). Although now, I'd have to say that Stellaris is probably the easiest paradox gsg - but it's still relatively new and doesn't have a ton of content at the moment (still enough for a good 30+ hours depending on how much you like world building and exploring outer space).

Paradox gsg's usually need a little time to get going, the base game is usually bare bones but content is added all the time through both free and paid DLCs. Not all DLC is completely required though, for example in EU4 the only really required DLC is Art of War, the rest add some nice new features but aren't necessary. I think I played EU4 with no DLC for the first 100 hours and then after I realized I really liked the game I went and bought the DLCs.

I personally think their DLC practice is pretty fair, because they are still supporting games years later (Crusader Kings 2 came out 4 years ago and they're still coming out with new DLCs) and most, if not all, the updates add a ton of replay-ability (I have 850+ hours in EU4, 60+ in HoI4, 40+ in Vic2 and 30+ in Stellaris, and I feel like I can easily double those numbers). Which is why I said EU4 is the only game there is (at least for me) because I have 1500+ games in my library and I continue to buy more, and yet the only games I actually play are paradox gsgs. It's pretty bad.

And yes, I can talk about this for days so I'll stop here, before someone *coughspodercough* WALL O' TEXTs me.

Not sure how much I'd get into Stellaris, can't believe I never noticed the EU games before. Of course I find out about this after the summer sale is over, but at least I know one game I'll buy during the winter sale.

Not sure how much I'd get into Stellaris, can't believe I never noticed the EU games before. Of course I find out about this after the summer sale is over, but at least I know one game I'll buy during the winter sale.
Yeah, Stellaris didn't grab me in the same way as some of the others did, I guess as a history nerd there's just something irresistable about recreating or rewriting history. You also end up learning a ton of geography and obscure historical events, which I guess is useful if I'm ever on Jeopardy one day and the question is about which countries had a Habsburg emperor/empress on the throne, or greatest extent of the Mughal Empire.

Oh and bonus pic: One of the great things about their newest game, Hearts of Iron IV (set between 1936-48) is you can play as literally Hitler. (censored in Germany, of course)

literally_hitler.jpg

The fact that I chose to do so doesn't make me a bad person... does it?

Obviously, DA:O, DA2 & DA:I are really Leliana's story. You're just along for the ride :)

Also, I notice I said Kirkwald instead of Kirkwall. Shows how many shits I gave for DA2.
I think if given a quiz I would have been stumped after Kirk and gone with Kardward, myself.

(and I got tons of hours in that game... 66 according to raptr. One complete play through, minus some DLC.)

"Free" Giveaway...

It just dawned on me today that I didn't have raptr installed... So I installed it today and saw they had new rewards in their rewards shop. (Considering they haven't had anything worthwhile in what seems like years I jumped at them.)

The big ones are for Smite... Which I've never played. Also saw some for Neverwinter Nights, which, again, I have never played.

http://raptr.com/store

Yeah, Stellaris didn't grab me in the same way as some of the others did, I guess as a history nerd there's just something irresistable about recreating or rewriting history. You also end up learning a ton of geography and obscure historical events, which I guess is useful if I'm ever on Jeopardy one day and the question is about which countries had a Habsburg emperor/empress on the throne, or greatest extent of the Mughal Empire.

Oh and bonus pic: One of the great things about their newest game, Hearts of Iron IV (set between 1936-48) is you can play as literally Hitler. (censored in Germany, of course)

The fact that I chose to do so doesn't make me a bad person... does it?
If you have to ask, you already know the answer.

The answer is yes.

Obviously, DA:O, DA2 & DA:I are really Leliana's story. You're just along for the ride :)

Also, I notice I said Kirkwald instead of Kirkwall. Shows how many shits I gave for DA2.
Really? I thought DA II was Tallis's story.

OH GOD I TAKE IT BACK I TAKE IT ALL BACK. Does Dragon Age Inquisition's combat suffer from trying to simultaneously be an action and strategic rpg? Yes. Do some of the different zones seem to lack any standout, unique landmarks? Yes. Are the vast majority of activities so lifeless and repetitive that I sometimes think I'm playing an Ubisoft game? Yes. Does the game feel like Bioware started thinking about making an MMO then like half way through they were like "nah?" Yes. Do I care? No. It took awhile but I'm incredibly addicted to the game now. Played all day long didn't bat an eye. It still has some pretty real flaws but it was definitely worth the 13 dollars it cost. Now if Bioware could just make it a full on open world, ditch the collectathon stuff and increase quests that either have a storyline or at least have you go dungeon dwelling, and implement the combat from Dragon Age Origins, for Dragon Age 4 it'd probably wind up one of my favorite games.
RGjdwhl.gif

Since the summer sale is officially over.

Total Damage to wallet: $15.00

Games: Dead Rising 3

I really couldn't find anything I wanted, the games I did want weren't on sale.

So dumb questions number 2,3,4 - The Europa games are basically colonial times and Hearts of Iron is the same thing but during WW2? Is there a certain time limit to the game or can the game go on forever? And also, can you play as any country or is limited to a certain number of selections? Sorry to make the thread all about Paradox games but I'm really interested in these.

Good for you actually getting to play the game, whereas my Vita copy ordered a year ago shows no signs of shipping!

But I did get a $10 amazon credit out of it
But I used it to buy Life is Strange for some reason
I just finished Zero Time Dilemma on steam and my Vita Amazon order still hasn't shipped lol. My thoughts on the steam version:

Runs great, the framerate and antialiasing are perfect, I don't think I noticed a single jaggy, everything looks crisp (especially the character models). Spike Chunsoft did a great job with the port. I've only used mouse/keyboard controls but had no issues with them. I preferred them over the touch controls with the Vita version of VLR, although I had no issues with the Vita's controls either. If you prefer using a gamepad, it supports 360/Xbox One controllers by default and has button prompts labelled appropriately. Honestly I think I would have regretted playing this on Vita because the Steam version is nearly flawless.

As for the game.. seems like they were trying to go for a "telltale" style of graphic presentation. The graphics/animations are similar to what a low budget telltale game would be, but that works ok for a VN. The story is fantastic, it ties into 999/VLR perfectly and I'd go as far to say it has the best story in the series, but it'll be confusing as fuck for people that haven't played the first two games and won't have as good of an impact. If anyone hasn't played them yet, I'd suggest waiting for them to be ported to steam before playing ZTD.

bread's done
Back