Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
There's still dailies isn't there? Regular dailies not big sale dailies.

I mean good lord what will Madjoki and Tomasety and those guys who sit in chat all day talk about for the 9-10am PST (I don't know what the hell time it is in European and too lazy to look it up) hour if there's not that to speculate on?
It's like 19-20:00, which I guess is 7-8pm aka good time to talk crap while doing other stuff.

It's not really a theory when Loretta Lynch "accidentally" meets with Bill Clinton six days ago, then five days ago says she'll accept whatever verdict the FBI recommends, then yesterday the FBI director explains what a felony is, says Hillary Clinton committed a felony even if she didn't mean to, then recommends she shouldn't be charged while saying that if it was anyone else in the same situation they would be facing charges. y u no c wats in front of u.
So you're voting Trump?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can technically vote in Italy's elections if I wanted to because my dad is off the boat plane wop but fuck if I know who or what to vote for there. I don't know maybe if an Italxit becomes I think I might think about it.
Italy has the hottest female politicians. #TotallySexistIKnowSorry

So you're voting Trump?
I am, A Trump presidency would be the most entertaining thing in a long time. It's already entertaining watching the "conservatives" and "SJW" be triggered by everything he says.

Plus comedians would be able to make fun of the President again without being labeled racist or sexist.

I can technically vote in Italy's elections if I wanted to because my dad is off the boat plane wop but fuck if I know who or what to vote for there. I don't know maybe if an Italxit becomes I think I might think about it.

Wait, doesn't Italy use a king?

The fact that this Steam sale was far and away the greatest of all time according to Valve is sort of something I expected. I still stubbornly want it to return to the good old days, but I know it won't.

So, faced with the new reality, it comes down to this for me: I know I'm not going to get the thrill of stupidly cheap games during the sale, but it's real hard to shake that feeling that 75% really should be 85%. I know it isn't going to happen, but since it used to be the norm it just feels wrong.

The other thing that has me paralyzed during the Steam sales are these Humble Monthlies. They aren't cheap -- but they're a good deal... as long as you don't have most of them. To a lesser extent, the other Humble bundles and maybe Bundlestars. All the cheaper crap is just filler and I don't care about that as much. It's easy to skip a Gala or not be bothered that you're losing $0.30 here or there.

If this is the new norm for Steam, then I will adjust. It's fine. Like many others, I won't buy as much, but I don't mind paying a little more for stuff I actually want. I know I'm not alone in that and that's probably not good news for some developers, but the good ones will be alright. Steam Sale revenues will continue to rise at a higher rate than the number of games sold.

As far as getting that real-deal thrill... Glitches are the new 85% off:whee:  Knowing Valve, I don't think those will be going away anytime soon.

The fact that this Steam sale was far and away the greatest of all time according to Valve is sort of something I expected. I still stubbornly want it to return to the good old days, but I know it won't.

So, faced with the new reality, it comes down to this for me: I know I'm not going to get the thrill of stupidly cheap games during the sale, but it's real hard to shake that feeling that 75% really should be 85%. I know it isn't going to happen, but since it used to be the norm it just feels wrong.

The other thing that has me paralyzed during the Steam sales are these Humble Monthlies. They aren't cheap -- but they're a good deal... as long as you don't have most of them. To a lesser extent, the other Humble bundles and maybe Bundlestars. All the cheaper crap is just filler and I don't care about that as much. It's easy to skip a Gala or not be bothered that you're losing $0.30 here or there.

If this is the new norm for Steam, then I will adjust. It's fine. Like many others, I won't buy as much, but I don't mind paying a little more for stuff I actually want. I know I'm not alone in that and that's probably not good news for some developers, but the good ones will be alright. Steam Sale revenues will continue to rise at a higher rate than the number of games sold.

As far as getting that real-deal thrill... Glitches are the new 85% off. Knowing Valve, I don't think those will be going away anytime soon.
Coherent thoughts are not allowed on this forum. Move along!

As far as getting that real-deal thrill... Glitches are the new 85% off. Knowing Valve, I don't think those will be going away anytime soon.
tl;dr, needs more Clinton

I am, A Trump presidency would be the most entertaining thing in a long time. It's already entertaining watching the "conservatives" and "SJW" be triggered by everything he says.

Plus comedians would be able to make fun of the President again without being labeled racist or sexist.
You probably won't have the same perspective once your brain is done developing.

This is how it works.

Valve to devs - Guys we'll have to implement the refund system. No more flash/daily/community choices on Summer/Winter sales.

Devs - So be it.

----

Consumers -

Do we prefer higher discounts at the cost of refund ability?

Comedians that make fun of President Trump will be relegated to work camps or in extreme cases, the ovens.

Consumers -

Do we prefer higher discounts at the cost of refund ability?
Yes. We prefer higher discounts. I have only refunded one game one time. And only because I found it for a buck less elsewhere. I have bought more than a few games at lower discounts than I would have in the sale heydays. My idling for cards is excluding me from discounts anyway. But then the refunds are not really for CAGs.

I love that political discourse in this country (or the world?) has devolved into name-calling and strawman arguments instead of discussing the actual platforms upon which the candidates stand. Here, let me sum up all future political discussion so you guys don't have to continue.

"I'm right, you're wrong. My candidate is the second coming of Jesus Christ and your candidate is the spawn of Satan. Everything my candidate says and does is good and just, whereas everything your candidate does is pure malicious evil. Oh and my candidate can beat up your candidate."

Yes. We prefer higher discounts. I have only refunded one game one time. And only because I found it for a buck less elsewhere. I have bought more than a few games at lower discounts than I would have in the sale heydays. My idling for cards is excluding me from discounts anyway. But then the refunds are not really for CAGs.
Anyway.. it's too late now.

Most devs prefer the new format. They are quite happy with discovery queue results too.

https://twitter.com/larsiusprime/status/750677092790988801

I do have to say the sale was a disappointment easily. Most of my stuff I actually wanted was pretty low percentage off, and I don't ever refund, mainly cause the poop I get is from gleam/bundles. Only one i'm sad I missed on accident was the Twilight Struggle discount, since I do like GMT as a company. Otherwise...eh we got Humble Monthlies (which are decent....maybe not great), and some mid tier to lower tier bundles. Anyway my backlog is extreme anyway. I still get very tempted by those RPGMaker games though...i have a problem.

The discovery queue is the one idea that's OK, though I miss a bit of the interactive fun these sales once had.

Also I really have to stop trying these F2P games. Seem like too much of a grind, though that Puzzle Quest one is OK....though still a bit grindy. Crush Crush was poop though, and I hate whoever recommended that one.

When will that happen? I'm in my mid 30's.
star-child-540x303.jpg

i ain't no economist but those sound like growth numbers, more people playing pc games, etc. what are the sales numbers of "power users" vs. filthy casuals.

"Hey guys the steam sales suck, but i have morals so I don't go grey market. I guess I'm never buying games again!"
Nice to see Valve make more $ and all - but where's the competition at?

There were better places w/ better deals - whether matching Steam; matching Steam + tossing in extra goodies/games/whatever; or someone else flat-out beating Steam.

So since discounts got lower + Valve made more $ - what's next?

Increase the big-time base-game's MSRP from $60 to $70?

Moral of the story is: if you see something you want with a decent discount during a midweek/weekend deal, grab it.  The odds are it's going to have a higher discount for a 2-3 day window than it is for a 10-14 day window.

Nice to see Valve make more $ and all - but where's the competition at?

There were better places w/ better deals - whether matching Steam; matching Steam + tossing in extra goodies/games/whatever; or someone else flat-out beating Steam.

So since discounts got lower + Valve made more $ - what's next?

Increase the big-time base-game' MSRP from $60 to $70?
The problem is, for a lot of us, matching steam doesn't cut it. I don't value gaben bucks like real $. If I buy elsewhere it comes off my CC. If I buy on steam it is funded by money that, at minimum, is worth 15% less than real $. That said I did do some buying from other sources. Couple things from IG to get the freebie game + mystery crap. Couple things from humble when they were just cheaper and/or didn't require me to do a group buy. Random wingamestore purchase because it was a lot cheaper for some reason. All those purchases totaled maybe $15ish. Still spent $100 or so on steam. Just don't see how the other vendors are going to be able to beat steam by a large enough margin to make me spend a large % with them. The closest thing to competition they have in my mind is Humble and that is based on bundle purchases. Not money spent in store.

It's not really a theory when Loretta Lynch "accidentally" meets with Bill Clinton six days ago, then five days ago says she'll accept whatever verdict the FBI recommends, then yesterday the FBI director explains what a felony is, says Hillary Clinton committed a felony even if she didn't mean to, then recommends she shouldn't be charged while saying that if it was anyone else in the same situation they would be facing charges. y u no c wats in front of u.
13592564_10154322520351100_5511362344220888145_n.jpg

Ya things were way better when walking around on pins and needles every day while refreshing sites, hoping the one game you wanted reached 85% off and not buying anything until that happens out of fear of being ripped off.  Also second guessing every single one of your purchases, worried that they could inevitably be cheaper at any moment.  That was where the fun was at. 

Ya things were way better when walking around on pins and needles every day while refreshing sites, hoping the one game you wanted reached 85% off and not buying anything until that happens out of fear of being ripped off. Also second guessing every single one of your purchases, worried that they could inevitably be cheaper at any moment. That was where the fun was at.
28586361.jpg

Ya things were way better when walking around on pins and needles every day while refreshing sites, hoping the one game you wanted reached 85% off and not buying anything until that happens out of fear of being ripped off. Also second guessing every single one of your purchases, worried that they could inevitably be cheaper at any moment. That was where the fun was at.
Guess no one ever taught you how to Steam Sale. I blame the public schools.

Is the game you want a Daily? No? Wait. Is it the last day of sale the and the game you want still isn't a Daily? Buy it.

For the last couple years "Daily deals" were 48 hour affairs. If you can't check a web site once every 48 hours, I don't know what to tell you. But if you were on "pins & needles every day while refreshing sites", you were doing it wrong.

The problem is, for a lot of us, matching steam doesn't cut it. I don't value gaben bucks like real $. If I buy elsewhere it comes off my CC. If I buy on steam it is funded by money that, at minimum, is worth 15% less than real $. That said I did do some buying from other sources. Couple things from IG to get the freebie game + mystery crap. Couple things from humble when they were just cheaper and/or didn't require me to do a group buy. Random wingamestore purchase because it was a lot cheaper for some reason. All those purchases totaled maybe $15ish. Still spent $100 or so on steam. Just don't see how the other vendors are going to be able to beat steam by a large enough margin to make me spend a large % with them. The closest thing to competition they have in my mind is Humble and that is based on bundle purchases. Not money spent in store.
To add to this I can't be bothered to meta-game discounts and cheap games that much anymore. I don't want to have to bother with wacky social media giveaways, tremor, IG surprises, semi-illicit globe hopping, etc. I just want some solid discounts I can pull out my CC and buy with no hassle. Unfortunately it looks like Humble as the last bastion of somewhat good deals depending on whether a given bundle has enough games you want to warrant the price. I don't count stuff like +1's or paying $1 just for 30 cents in card money a win of any kind.

Because it's so hard to wait on your purchases until the end of the sale after all of the flash/daily deals have cycled through. Or maybe it is for some people...

But I guess we know the type of people who are responsible for making Steam sales utter shit. My thanks.

Because it's so hard to wait on your purchases until the end of the sale after all of the flash/daily deals have cycled through. Or maybe it is for some people...

But I guess we know the type of people who are responsible for making Steam sales utter shit. My thanks.
😘

Eh, the main reason I miss the way the old sales were formatted is because it was exciting to see flash/daily deals switch over and the possibility that they'd glitch.

Lets be real though, 90% of those deals were shit (outside of glitches), and the community vote deals would always piss me off, because the less deserving games would nearly always win the vote.

Meh, now I'll just have a few hundred less games to regret having bought but never played when I'm dead.

I do have a mild existential crisis when I look at my comparatively puny Steam library and realize that I will die before I beat all those games. But I'm comforted by the knowledge that any time I spend playing half of those games pales in comparison to the soothing black peace of death.

Eh, the main reason I miss the way the old sales were formatted is because it was exciting to see flash/daily deals switch over and the possibility that they'd glitch.
Sure, but "But it was SO HARD to check a website" is still nonsense.

And, hey, if you missed the 85% discount on your game, you could buy it at the 50% off base discount. Which shouldn't bother someone who is today saying "Boy I'm glad they have 50% discounts these days that I don't have to check every day" so were are they whining about?

I dunno, I guess I was thinking more of the "can't buy this game because it's not the historical low/glitched price and god damnit if I pay more than that." Which is a moot point now since the glory days of pc gaming deals are over, bringing up the "historical low" is literally a MysterD joke.

Combined with the "can't buy this game because it might get bundled soon". Which is also a moot point, because good games don't get bundled anymore. Humble, Gala, even (especially?) Poopees bundles are all trash now compared to what it was 2-3 years ago.

Now you just buy a game when you want to play it, because waiting for 75% off or bust is a pipe dream.

Combined with the "can't buy this game because it might get bundled soon". Which is also a moot point, because good games don't get bundled anymore. Humble, Gala, even (especially?) Poopees bundles are all trash now compared to what it was 2-3 years ago.
I disagree, good games do get bundled. It's just that most of them are in Humble bundles, or monthly bundles.

Something is going on w/ Evolve....

https://www.vg247.com/2016/07/06/evolve-is-no-longer-for-sale-on-steam/

Evolve web-site has a timer for 17 hours 32 minutes and 30 seconds (and counting) with the hashtag #StageUp.

And it's no longer being sold on the Steam store right now.

People expecting it maybe going F2P.
MAJOR patch incoming. This will be Evolve 2.0 with MAJOR overhaul after months of testing

They will use this weekend to promote the game and gain players back.

p.s. the E.M.E.T class is vulgar as hell (see vid below) :whistle2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7tLir6YO3M

bread's done
Back