Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Oh this is some vpn? DOH reading is hard let's go shopping. I thought GG got their servers seized not some PITA PUTA shit.

Carry on then. donttalkaboutfightclub ancientchinesesecret etc etc.

TFFP2as.png

Totally not marked for live, hehe.
Drunk Wizards keys are being revoked again?

Rocket League getting crates lol

http://www.pcgamer.com/rocket-league-is-getting-unlockable-crates/

But they wont be marketable nor will the shit contained within and it can be turned off completely if you dont care.
I understand their concerns... I just not sure I agree with them. (That said I sort of also wonder if this is a nice cover story. There is no marketplace, as Steam has it, on either console so no player to player selling/trading is possible.

I always see HOTAS and think OOOOOOH, I WANT ONE! Then I realize I don't play flying games.

Now racing wheels are another thing. I'd buy one just for ETS2 and ATS. Speaking of, any driving wheels people recommend? Prime day is tomorrow and I have some Amazon credit from my b-day so maybe that'll be what I use it on.
If you want to go cheap, honestly it is a crapshoot. Most of the truly inexpensive wheels are pretty bad going from the reviews I read on racing sites before buying my last wheel. I picked up a Thrustmaster VG T150 a while back when Amazon had it for $149.00 and I am quite happy with it. If that is an amount you can/are willing to spend, you might watch for a deal on one of those. It is nice because if you get into it you can upgrade to better pedals, get a separate shifter, etc. It works on PC/PS4/PS3. I have been playing a lot of Drive Club with it, been meaning to hop into The Crew which I bought during the Steam sale but have been too busy with my wilderness of a yard.

It isn't as nice as the ~$900.00 wheel/pedal setup a friend has but is far, far better than any cheap wheel I have tried in the past.

Doom (physical box w/Steam code) is $30 for Amazon Prime day if you have Prime.  Think it was $35 during Steam's sale?  Price is crashing pretty fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some Amazon credit to burn and was looking at the Prime day deals.  Saw a Wii U coming up, but I doubt it'll hit my price point ($200 or less).  But I also saw that the Nvidia Shield will be $150 with two controllers.  Does anyone have a Shield?  Can you stream from Steam to the Shield or is it only with certain Nvidia GPUs?  Otherwise, it looks like I'd have to buy game specifically from the Shield store to play them?  It's all so confusing.  I mean the other features look neat, but then it's just an expensive TV and movie streaming box.  

I have some Amazon credit to burn and was looking at the Prime day deals. Saw a Wii U coming up, but I doubt it'll hit my price point ($200 or less). But I also saw that the Nvidia Shield will be $150 with two controllers. Does anyone have a Shield? Can you stream from Steam to the Shield or is it only with certain Nvidia GPUs? Otherwise, it looks like I'd have to buy game specifically from the Shield store to play them? It's all so confusing. I mean the other features look neat, but then it's just an expensive TV and movie streaming box.
I've got one. Your PC needs a certain NVIDIA GeForce GPU (I've got a 670) in order to use GameStream (or Moonlight, which has worked better for me and has an Android TV app so no sideloading) and then GameStream is only supported by certain titles. There are a lot of supported titles but I'm thinking about getting a Steam Link because there are a ton that aren't supported. You can add them manually but it is a crap shoot, from my little experience with it so far.

You can also buy games specifically for Android TV and Shield. Here's the GameStream link with supported games:

https://shield.nvidia.com/game-stream

Edit: And it doesn't actually interface with Steam. The NVIDIA GeForce Experience application on your computer is what scans and finds supported/installed games.

If you want to go cheap, honestly it is a crapshoot. Most of the truly inexpensive wheels are pretty bad going from the reviews I read on racing sites before buying my last wheel. I picked up a Thrustmaster VG T150 a while back when Amazon had it for $149.00 and I am quite happy with it. If that is an amount you can/are willing to spend, you might watch for a deal on one of those. It is nice because if you get into it you can upgrade to better pedals, get a separate shifter, etc. It works on PC/PS4/PS3. I have been playing a lot of Drive Club with it, been meaning to hop into The Crew which I bought during the Steam sale but have been too busy with my wilderness of a yard.

It isn't as nice as the ~$900.00 wheel/pedal setup a friend has but is far, far better than any cheap wheel I have tried in the past.
Thanks for the info, but I think that's a bit more than I'm willing to pay.

I've got one. Your PC needs a certain NVIDIA GeForce GPU (I've got a 670) in order to use GameStream (or Moonlight, which has worked better for me and has an Android TV app so no sideloading) and then GameStream is only supported by certain titles. There are a lot of supported titles but I'm thinking about getting a Steam Link because there are a ton that aren't supported. You can add them manually but it is a crap shoot, from my little experience with it so far.

You can also buy games specifically for Android TV and Shield. Here's the GameStream link with supported games:

https://shield.nvidia.com/game-stream

Edit: And it doesn't actually interface with Steam. The NVIDIA GeForce Experience application on your computer is what scans and finds supported/installed games.
Thanks for the info. Makes it a lot less appealing for me. Might as well get a Fire TV since my wife is locked into the Amazon stuff, though I'm sure the Shield is a much better device spec wise.

Potential deal for Prime Members:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015MPQQ0A/

That is a prime deal upcoming later today.  I own it and it is an awesome and solid keyboard. Loud as hell though.  All the bros can hear when I'm typing when we bro it up, but I really love it.  I got one from AWD for $28 because it had some dents on the corners.  I'd say it's a steal even at $49 for a full-size mechanical, but the prime price should be at least $5 less or even more. 

Potential deal for Prime Members:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015MPQQ0A/

That is a prime deal upcoming later today. I own it and it is an awesome and solid keyboard. Loud as hell though. All the bros can hear when I'm typing when we bro it up, but I really love it. I got one from AWD for $28 because it had some dents on the corners. I'd say it's a steal even at $49 for a full-size mechanical, but the prime price should be at least $5 less or even more.
I liked this only to confirm we can hear fox typing on it, along with his speakers, and bah's mom in the background whining about when he is going to be done.

Prime Day looks like a bust for me too. I spent about an hour looking through their list of stuff, trying to find a decent headset, but most of them seem to be crappy console headsets or don't have a decent mic.

Battlefront is a lightning deal on Amazon, it says $19.99 but if you have Prime it is actually like $16.90 when you go to check out.   Probably not worth it to most folks but best price I have seen for it.  *shrugs*

Battlefront is a lightning deal on Amazon, it says $19.99 but if you have Prime it is actually like $16.90 when you go to check out. Probably not worth it to most folks but best price I have seen for it. *shrugs*
or you could just spend $5 for ea access and check it out for 10 hours and if you like it then buy it!

edit - it pains me to say this but its not as good as overwatch

But then you wouldn't get the empty box with an Origin code in it.  WTF is the point in Prime Day if you don't kill at least one tree?

bread's done
Back