Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I don't get the point of the Amazon Echo. At all. I guess I am just old.
I thought old people were the ones who came up with the whole "talking robot who helps out around the house" thing.

Rosie.jpg

I mean, it doesn't move around or clean up after you (yet), but seeing all those self-driving cars around here, it's really only a matter of time until the toaster robot revolution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Base Diablo 3 is $10 on Amazon but I doubt that's a Prime day promotion.  Don't really notice any good PC deals, mostly console trash~

Also my dirty, evil Herfstone referral link...

Don't particularly care much about this one but it seems easier to obtain: just get 20 levels combined from any class.  You can do it against the AI.

It's crap unless you love those shitty YouTube/Twitch hype games.  You do nothing but click a few buttons and watch things.  Game is driven by social media marketing.

Of all the days for me to forget my phone at home. Haven't been able to check any deals since 5am. Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.

Seasonal Rub It In Your Face (Nothing but love brohs):

So everyone that owned Hard Reset Extended Edition and bought Hard Reset Redux payed too much ($3) just picked it up in the 

Devolver Digital First-Person Shooter Bundle since I own everything else came out to $2.25.

26BRCPDmtpvBsutpe.gif

Seasonal Rub It In Your Face (Nothing but love brohs):

So everyone that owned Hard Reset Extended Edition and bought Hard Reset Redux payed too much ($3) just picked it up in the

Devolver Digital First-Person Shooter Bundle since I own everything else came out to $2.25.
It's gonna be in the BS Legendary bundle tomorrow for $2

You can mass confirm your card crap in mobile auth, now.

It's a #primedaymiracle !
Don't get too excited, they'll probably change it back after some morons pester support because "omg, I mass confirmed and didn't see teh hackorz put my 1337 supr rare CS:GO skin up for .02! Giv me nother or I'll nvr use Steam again!"

Refurb Hitachi Ultrastar HDDs are back!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hitachi-Ultrastar-7K3000-HUA723020ALA641-2TB-64MB-cache-Internal-Hard-Drive-/262424239086

$30 this time. Super steal. I've had mine installed for a week now and have it halfway full with no issues. Great for Steam games or other stuff you can easily recover.
I have had a 1TB UltraStar on my PC for like 4 years now and the sucker is still alive and kicking, no issues so far. My laptop's HD died around a year ago and I installed a TravelStar and I haven't had any problems with it. Hitachi makes some damn good HDs.

Ah I was wondering. I need a good scary game. It seems...competent. I'm eyeing either Alien Isolation or The Evil Within. Any suggestions?
I can recommend The Evil Within. It's really inconsistent and a missed opportunity in a lot of ways, but some of the chapters are absolutely fantastic. If the entire game was like the nighttime village and mansion levels, it would have been a worthy successor to RE4. As it is it's still a fun, occasionally great, and sometimes scary game.

But if you want to play something really scary try playing Table Top Racing with the music turned up to the max.

I didn't own Shadow Warrior in the bundle so paying $30 for that to get 75¢ off a game seems a bit... counter-productive.

I can recommend The Evil Within. It's really inconsistent and a missed opportunity in a lot of ways, but some of the chapters are absolutely fantastic. If the entire game was like the nighttime village and mansion levels, it would have been a worthy successor to RE4. As it is it's still a fun, occasionally great, and sometimes scary game.

But if you want to play something really scary try playing Table Top Racing with the music turned up to the max.
Fantastic game, but it runs like absolute trash. At first I thought it was my system but then I started reading reviews and the game runs like crap no matter what you throw at it.

It's capped at 60FPS and the frame rate in general is all over the place, sometimes I'll just plummet to 20 FPS randomly and a second later I'll run smooth as silk, heck I even tried playing it on 720p and the results were the same. There's also texture pop-in everywhere. The lack of video options also baffled me; you can choose the type of AA solution but not the multiplier, no lighting options, no FOV slider, no texture quality selection. The shadows are all over the place too, the game looks fantastic with the shadows maxed out but the characters' shadows remain all blocky like if they were set on low.

To make it run somehow decently I had to activate the game console and change some settings and also change stuff on the .cfg file. At the end I just found a command which deactivates all the in game effects, I downloaded Reshader and added some effects myself.

I love Mikami's games, but clearly choosing idTech 5 was a bad idea. Whoever optimized the game needs to be thrown in a locked room along with The Sadist with only a butter knife to fight for his life.

Fantastic game, but it runs like absolute trash. At first I thought it was my system but then I started reading reviews and the game runs like crap no matter what you throw at it.

It's capped at 60FPS and the frame rate in general is all over the place, sometimes I'll just plummet to 20 FPS randomly and a second later I'll run smooth as silk, heck I even tried playing it on 720p and the results were the same. There's also texture pop-in everywhere. The lack of video options also baffled me; you can choose the type of AA solution but not the multiplier, no lighting options, no FOV slider, no texture quality selection. The shadows are all over the place too, the game looks fantastic with the shadows maxed out but the characters' shadows remain all blocky like if they were set on low.
What's your specs?

Ah I was wondering. I need a good scary game. It seems...competent. I'm eyeing either Alien Isolation or The Evil Within. Any suggestions?
I've never played Evil Within, but Alien Isolation was really good. It's a bit too long, and the middle section drags a bit, but overall it's a great game. Some other horror games that are worth a shot include Amnesia (if you've played and liked that, try the Penumbra games), Outlast, Dead Space 1, and F.E.A.R.

The bros played Table Top Racing World Tour last night. Bah, SSP, DickBurden, and Pengy, and I showed up. It's a fun game, but seriously lacking tracks and modes. For some reason they thought it was a great idea to have only ONE mode for the multiplayer while the singleplayer has about 6. This in combination with the lack of tracks (there are 5, each having 4 "routes" that slightly change up the variation) makes the game get repetitive fast.

Drifting needs a major overhaul. To drift, you need to equip drift wheels but you're better off NOT drifting because it makes the car so much harder to control. I tested drifting out for a while in the singleplayer and eventually figured out that I'm doing worse when I drift after failing a race several times, and then afterward I replayed that race getting 1st place on my first try without drift wheels equipped. The problem doesn't stop there though, the handling feels terrible when you're not drifting, trying to take turns is very stiff and doesn't feel natural. For a racing game that's meant to be arcadey, this is unforgivable.

Overall, wait for a bundle. It is fun but has glaring issues and lacks far too much content, plus you're not going to find anyone to play with outside of bronights.

EDIT: I was wrong about the DLC, it includes 1 new track with 4 routes. I feel like this should have been added to the base game as it needs all of the content it can get, sucks that they sell it separately.

What's the verdict on 5 Nights At Freddy's? Is it worth the hype?
I'll be the counterpoint and say that if you like silly jump scares FNAF isn't bad, but I don't really see the point of having all 4. Wick, which I recently got during the winter sale, sort of takes the concept of FNAF and moves it forward a bit. You have to survive the night, but you're not just stuck in a room monitoring cameras, you have to go walk around. Rake is sort of like FNAF too and actually has cameras you have to set up and monitor, but you walk around too. Any of these games are more of the pick up and play for a bit and probably even better with friends around or if you Twitch.

Speaking of scary games, I would also recommend Soma when it hits a good price point. It's got that Amnesia-style horror, but what's more is that if you're scared of deep water like I am, it will really affect you in very unsettling ways.

Oh, and to those of you looking for a scary game and who also still happen to be a console pissant, absolutely play Until Dawn. One of the biggest surprises of the last few years. It's tense, fun, and it's the movie/game hybrid David Cage has been trying and failing to make for over a decade.

I'll be the counterpoint and say that if you like silly jump scares FNAF isn't bad, but I don't really see the point of having all 4. Wick, which I recently got during the winter sale, sort of takes the concept of FNAF and moves it forward a bit. You have to survive the night, but you're not just stuck in a room monitoring cameras, you have to go walk around. Rake is sort of like FNAF too and actually has cameras you have to set up and monitor, but you walk around too. Any of these games are more of the pick up and play for a bit and probably even better with friends around or if you Twitch.
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Wick is added to the wishlist now.

Speaking of scary games, I would also recommend Soma when it hits a good price point. It's got that Amnesia-style horror, but what's more is that if you're scared of deep water like I am, it will really affect you in very unsettling ways.

Oh, and to those of you looking for a scary game and who also still happen to be a console pissant, absolutely play Until Dawn. One of the biggest surprises of the last few years. It's tense, fun, and it's the movie/game hybrid David Cage has been trying and failing to make for over a decade.
Yea I'm interested in Soma. I've heard good things. I have Until Dawn on my PS4 I've just haven't had the time to play it. I've been busy

I am constantly being forced to explain why I hate bodies of water (you lose, water wins) to my family when I refuse to go on cruise ships. Bodies of water are literally nightmare fuel for me.

Drifting needs a major overhaul. To drift, you need to equip drift wheels but you're better off NOT drifting because it makes the car so much harder to control. I tested drifting out for a while in the singleplayer and eventually figured out that I'm doing worse when I drift after failing a race several times, and then afterward I replayed that race getting 1st place on my first try without drift wheels equipped. The problem doesn't stop there though, the handling feels terrible when you're not drifting, trying to take turns is very stiff and doesn't feel natural. For a racing game that's meant to be arcadey, this is unforgivable.
Outside of a handful of turns types drifting isn't going to get you around a track faster... Drifting is a loss of traction, loss of traction is a loss of speed. So you shouldn't really be kicking the competitions ass by drifting around the track so that part is pretty accurate.

As for the games handling... I rather like it. Granted, I'm not super into arcadey racers so there is that and I feel the game is giving a good challenge... The learning curve could be a bit less and the first set of cars isn't that fun. (I'm in the middle set using a Mitsubishi Evo Lancer knockoff.)

In fact I just finished a track where you have to drift around it for points... Took a bit of learning to score the needed drift points.

I would be happier with a few more tracks... No lie there but considering there's allot of different types of events I'm forgiving on it...

Had no idea that you could only do one type of racing in multiplayer. That's really disappointing.

Outside of a handful of turns types drifting isn't going to get you around a track faster... Drifting is a loss of traction, loss of traction is a loss of speed. So you shouldn't really be kicking the competitions ass by drifting around the track so that part is pretty accurate.

As for the games handling... I rather like it. Granted, I'm not super into arcadey racers so there is that and I feel the game is giving a good challenge... The learning curve could be a bit less and the first set of cars isn't that fun. (I'm in the middle set using a Mitsubishi Evo Lancer knockoff.)

In fact I just finished a track where you have to drift around it for points... Took a bit of learning to score the needed drift points.

I would be happier with a few more tracks... No lie there but considering there's allot of different types of events I'm forgiving on it...

Had no idea that you could only do one type of racing in multiplayer. That's really disappointing.
Well, I never said that I expected drifting to get you around a track faster. The issue is that drifting doesn't get you around turns any better than not drifting. It was much easier for me to turn without drifting, which is pathetic. I'm not reds, I very rarely complain about handling in racing games but unfortunately it's poorly done in Table Top so I can't avoid it. I tried out cars with better drift ratings and it didn't seem to help much. Maybe the supercars handle differently with drift wheels, I don't know.. didn't get to try that yet.

I've finished the amateur and pro championships so far, and the only time drifting was useful was for the drift mode. If drifting sucked with drift wheels in that mode I would have quit the game lol

got an email today promoting this https://stacksocial.com/sales/steamcrate-6-month-subscription I have never heard of steam crate, but looked up their website and seems like its decent and similar to the humble monthly.  Comes out to just a little over $12/month with this sub. They also have a 3-month sub deal for $39.99.  I might try it out and see what happens, but sure most of you will probably have most of what they offer.

Did anyone else have issues with Table Top Racing not recognizing their controller? I played for about 15 minutes with my Xbone controller before the bro event but when I came back for the event I couldn't get my controller to work at all. Took a while to adjust to the keyboard but once I did I thought the game might actually handle better just using the keys.

Did anyone else have issues with Table Top Racing not recognizing their controller? I played for about 15 minutes with my Xbone controller before the bro event but when I came back for the event I couldn't get my controller to work at all. Took a while to adjust to the keyboard but once I did I thought the game might actually handle better just using the keys.
I was using an Xbone controller the entire time, worked fine. Did you power on the controller before launching the game?

You have to have your controller on before starting the game. Other than that my xbone controller has worked fine.

got an email today promoting this https://stacksocial.com/sales/steamcrate-6-month-subscription I have never heard of steam crate, but looked up their website and seems like its decent and similar to the humble monthly. Comes out to just a little over $12/month with this sub. They also have a 3-month sub deal for $39.99. I might try it out and see what happens, but sure most of you will probably have most of what they offer.
I fully endorse you as official CAG guinea pig. GO FORTH and buy that probably terrible bundle

bread's done
Back