Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Do not pay for any of the dlc. Street Fighter V actually gives you the option to earn fight money that can be used to unlock the extra characters and stages. If you are a fighting game fan who is willing to play online it is very easy to gain all the stuff without having to pay extra.

Here is a simple guide to earn the dlc stuff without paying for it.

https://www.primagames.com/games/street-fighter-v/tips/street-fighter-5-how-earn-money
OR you could not support this kind of BS.

Do not pay for any of the dlc. Street Fighter V actually gives you the option to earn fight money that can be used to unlock the extra characters and stages. If you are a fighting game fan who is willing to play online it is very easy to gain all the stuff without having to pay extra.

Here is a simple guide to earn the dlc stuff without paying for it.

https://www.primagames.com/games/street-fighter-v/tips/street-fighter-5-how-earn-money
Thanks, I'll just go with this route.

Earning fight money was easy in beta, I should still have some saved up from the time they were letting people keep it.

OR you could not support this kind of BS.
Paying for dlc characters is nothing new in every modern fighting game now.

Guilty Gear and Blazblue is known to release new characters after releasing a new game next year.

Guilty Gear:Revelator already has two new dlc characters after being release few months back

Having an option to pay for it with in-game currency isn't bad if you're going to play the game anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earning fight money was easy in beta, I should still have some saved up from the time they were letting people keep it.

Guilty Gear and Blazblue is known to release new characters after releasing a new game next year.

Guilty Gear:Revelator already has two new dlc characters after being release few months back

Having an option to pay for it with in-game currency isn't bad if you're going to play the game anyway.
Know how good you are, you'll probably have all the characters unlocked within an hour.

And seeing as how this has always been the case with fighting games I see this as a more consumer friendly practice than has been seen since the beginning of fighting games. Back in the old days you would buy a fighting game and when the new one came out with 4 extra characters and almost nothing else new it mean having to pay an extra 50-60 dollars each time.

Know how good you are, you'll probably have all the characters unlocked within an hour.
I sck at figtng geeams

do you want to play skullgirls?

And seeing as how this has always been the case with fighting games I see this as a more consumer friendly practice than has been seen since the beginning of fighting games. Back in the old days you would buy a fighting game and when the new one came out with 4 extra characters and almost nothing else new it mean having to pay an extra 50-60 dollars each time.
The only people actually complaining is the ones that believe ALL content should be free after launch.
It does take money to develop each character and content but at least they gave you a option to get it for free.

oh please. 

one week on here it's "what do you think this place is 'middle class gamer' where 50% off sales are good???"

and the next week it's "it's perfectly justifiable that a $60 fighting game only includes 16 characters upon release" when several more are ready to be sold. (and the previous version had 44 playable characters).

Capcom blows, end of story.   If you don't understand why, then you don't follow industry news as closely as you think.  They've already lied to consumers by saying they won't be selling any updated versions of SF5 in the future.  The game sales were very disappointing with only 1.4million units sold (as of May '16).  The company is in a constant state of near-bankruptcy and has been doing anything they can for additional revenue for the last four years.  An updated version of SF5 is an inevitability.  The morons didn't even have the foresight to include a story mode for casual players which would have been super easy to implement.  Now it's being included in a free update after everyone pointed out how badly they messed up. Hundreds of dollars in downloadable costumes, the bullshit never ends. 

SFV wasn't well sent out or such. Too little content too quickly, easily. Now it is likely still a bit too little content, but is getting there and likely will be there with season 2's season pass fully released. I got it cheap and still haven't tried it yet....just been busy and knowing I have to earn characters I want to play like Bison and Ibuki is disappointing. 

oh please, I bought 5 copies of SFV
I bought fighting games with 8 characters at release $60

I hope you know it takes quite bit of money to make characters which was proven by Skullgirls Indiegogo just for 2D animations alone.

They've already lied to consumers by saying they won't be selling any updated versions of SF5 in the future.
Till that happens they've haven't lied yet.

They have to makeup cost with the costumes somehow anyway.

The morons didn't even have the foresight to include a story mode for casual players. Which would have been super easy to implement, and is now being included in a free update after everyone pointed out how badly they messed up. Hundreds of dollars in downloadable costumes
Story mode was announced at last Evo 2015 during Q/A, everyone that was serious and playing on a competitive level knew this already.

Long with how the downloadable costumes and characters will work, stop acting like this was suddenly new info as soon as the game dropped.

Fighting games will never ever be for casuals at the end of the day since the core fans are the ones that will stick with the games with all the updates and features.

can't believe I got baited into replying for that. But dude you're beyond salty for a game that you most likely will NEVER buy.

SFV wasn't well sent out or such. Too little content too quickly, easily. Now it is likely still a bit too little content, but is getting there and likely will be there with season 2's season pass fully released. I got it cheap and still haven't tried it yet....just been busy and knowing I have to earn characters I want to play like Bison and Ibuki is disappointing.
This I can admit, SFV was sent out too fast just for the tournament season and the Capcom Pro Tour events.

Far as earning characters you can already get two characters off the bat by playing story mode and playing few online matches.

http://store.steampowered.com/dlc/45760/

http://store.steampowered.com/dlc/310950

case closed.

I hear Candy Crush Saga, Game of War, and League of Legends are totally cool reasonably priced games!

but no that's fantastic that there's already $43 of download content for a completely stripped bare bones release.

I don't think you know what you proved other then posting nothing.
You literally just posted two different games.

Ultra: Street Fighter IV that had tons of costumes in the game already + dlc costumes

Then you posted a character season pass content and a free story mode for Street Fighter V

If you're going to complain about something please get your information right when it's free available to you with a quick google search.

The only content you can complain about is the $20 locked in premium costumes that does not effect the game and just your 1 hour a night quickie. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's time for me to stop posting on my phone.

oLNCDHY.jpg

can't believe I got baited into replying for that. But dude you're beyond salty for a game that you most likely will NEVER buy.
I pre-ordered and purchased the $100 CE of the game. How many of you can say the same? I then promptly returned it when reviews exposed what a shitshow the game actually was.

I don't think you know what you proved other then posting nothing.
You literally just posted two different games.
No actually I posted the link to $174.62 of DLC costumes for Ultra Street Fighter 4.

You want to buy the game? That's great, it's your money. But my viewpoint on the matter is perfectly justifiable in addition to yours.

I pre-ordered and purchased the $100 CE of the game. How many of you can say the same? I then promptly returned it when reviews exposed what a shitshow the game actually was.
I don't see any proof that you bought said game then returned it. Stories that never happen.

Even if you did you returned it based on reviews then I'm sorry that you cannot form your own opinion and not play the game to see if you actually liked it.

Most people at the time was complaining about the lack of story mode not being out.

No actually I posted the link to $174.62 of DLC costumes for Ultra Street Fighter 4.

You want to buy the game? That's great, it's your money. But my viewpoint on the matter is perfectly justifiable in addition to yours.
Which I said myself, you literally posted two links and said "Case closed" without proving anything.
I think you're having a mental breakdown on the forums.

Most games these days have some kind of dlc or micro-transactions, so I'm sorry you can't buy any games.

Now don't mind me while I enjoy playing all these fighting games and while making you salty.

Brb buying Guilty Gear: Xrd with all the dlc :^]

https://twitter.com/orochiburenso/status/754808674745319424

Edit: And then we have KOF XIV, which includes 50 characters on day one. (There's preorder DLC costumes, and the possibility of DLC characters due to the game involving time travel shenanigans, but nothing has been confirmed yet.)

https://twitter.com/orochiburenso/status/754808674745319424

Edit: And then we have KOF XIV, which includes 50 characters on day one. (There's preorder DLC costumes, and the possibility of DLC characters due to the game involving time travel shenanigans, but nothing has been confirmed yet.)
I'm hype for KoF soon as they showed the trailer today along with Guilty Gear's free Content.

I had already went ahead and purchase a digital copy of Guilty Gear on ps4 soon as I heard about that.

I am geeked about I am Setsuna coming out on Tuesday. Looks good with great music. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint. A rare pre-order on my part. Got in on GMG for around $30.

SFV... I just can't. I'm not even a fan of fighting games and the DLC still bothers me.

In other realms of the universe, I just saw the new Ghostbusters this afternoon. I loved the originals (a.k.a. Childhood memories and all), but I liked the re-create movie a lot. I even laughed many times. Bottom line, your masculinity and childhood are going to be just fine people.

oh please.

one week on here it's "what do you think this place is 'middle class gamer' where 50% off sales are good???"

and the next week it's "it's perfectly justifiable that a $60 fighting game only includes 16 characters upon release" when several more are ready to be sold. (and the previous version had 44 playable characters).

Capcom blows, end of story. If you don't understand why, then you don't follow industry news as closely as you think. They've already lied to consumers by saying they won't be selling any updated versions of SF5 in the future. The game sales were very disappointing with only 1.4million units sold (as of May '16). The company is in a constant state of near-bankruptcy and has been doing anything they can for additional revenue for the last four years. An updated version of SF5 is an inevitability. The morons didn't even have the foresight to include a story mode for casual players which would have been super easy to implement. Now it's being included in a free update after everyone pointed out how badly they messed up. Hundreds of dollars in downloadable costumes, the bullshit never ends.
Those two points of view don't have to be opposing. We can commend Capcom allowing you to unlock the characters without paying and still demand it for 75% off or more!

This really comes down to your view on DLC. I was anti-DLC for a long time, but that really won't get you anywhere. Once you come to terms with the fact that DLC is just part of modern gaming then you have to commend companies that at least give you the option to unlock things by playing the game or that only have cosmetic DLC. And honestly, for fighting games even new characters are cosmetic as usually you have so many styles of fighters and new characters are just slight variations of those styles.

re: DLC

I admit I Charlie-Brown-Teacher'ed a lot of the text walls about it, but can't you just ignore the DLC and go about your business?

I mean just because it's there doesn't mean you HAVE TO buy it.

Okay I just ordered Dominos. I blame Mguiddy. And last day of the sale. And being drunk. But mostly Mguiddy.

Both my Sicilian grandmothers are probably crying in heaven right now.
Something something pizza something Chicago something something New York something something pizza

Bottom line, your masculinity and childhood are going to be just fine people.
I think you underestimate just how fragile my masculinity is. What if I see this and I laugh at a joke and then I'm a girl?

re: DLC

I admit I Charlie-Brown-Teacher'ed a lot of the text walls about it, but can't you just ignore the DLC and go about your business?

I mean just because it's there doesn't mean you HAVE TO buy it.
I mean really how many people are going to give a crap that they can't play as Ken wearing a Hawaiian shirt? It's not relevant to the gameplay it won't suddenly turn you into a MLG.

Last edited:
Something something pizza something Chicago something something New York something something pizza
Oh I've had pizza in New York, and plenty of times in Philly and even in Chicago I don't really care for Chicago deep dish sorry and Italy both in restaurant and made by my Aunties. I'm just drunk and peer pressured and ZOMG sale is expering today so that's my excuse.

55b4d120ed8ba9155e449a294fe0e205.jpg
If you dont get it ,you dont get it.
I was thinking more Ranma but I'm old. Carry on.

If you dont get it ,you dont get it.
Well, it's anime looking so I assume it's about pedo-sex. Thirty years ago, I'd have assumed it was about awesome space robots.

...even in Chicago I don't really care for Chicago deep dish sorry ...
Next time get the usual thin crust "party cut" stuff that 99% of people in the Chicago area eat. The deep dish is primarily for special events and tourists. It's good and all but no one is splitting a deep dish pizza to eat while watching movies on Netflix or to cheaply pay off your friends after they moved all the shit in your apartment.

I just returned from my first trip to Russia. The flight going there was mostly smooth. Our plane had to circle around Moscow airspace for a couple hours, but we eventually got the clearance to land. A+ trip, will go again.

Should also give thanks to my travel agent, Motoki, for evaluating and approving my itinerary.

Between this trip and the other one to Brazil last week, I'm jet lagged like a mother fuck er

Somehow I imagine that Pizza Petron would have a shitton of tequila poured over the top of the pizza. And I'm completely okay with that.

What kind of souvenir did you bring back?
top sekrit

Stasis was my main procurement. Funny you ask since steamdb shows an RU lock, but I found that you and Motiv successfully smuggled the Putingate version past US customs.

Also got Culpa Innata and a few other dirt cheap games (Ghost Master, Clans, Real Horror Stories) for the hell of it.

Since many of you started traveling a couple years ago I never felt much desire to visit these countries. International travel seemed more about getting newish stuff cheaper than Steam w/o waiting for a sale, plus I figured these exotic goods would eventually be imported to Bundletown, USA. However, now that 66% 50% off is the new 75% 66% off it makes sense to start racking up the frequent flyer miles.

bread's done
Back