Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Anyone using Steam Link to play games not on Steam AND using an XBone Controller? When I launch something, say Watch_Dogs via Uplay, the game treats my controller sticks like a mouse, so I can only look around.

"Why don't you just use m&kb, then, eulogy?"

To which I reply:

"Oi, mind your own fuck ing business you home wrecking slut!!!"

So...
yea its a known issue when launching non-steam titles and using controllers. Same thing happens if you launch kodi for example which makes it impossible to navigate unless you have a kb/m or steam controller connected to the link.

Its also why they started selling virtualhere (http://store.steampowered.com/app/440520/ which was free for one device until steam locked it down post beta forcing you to buy their garbage steam version, going against their recommendation during beta to purchase it direct from the dev). That wasnt just to fix issues with xbone controllers, it basically completely forwards any controllers you have connected to the link back to the pc, which enables headsets, hotas, anything to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never played a MGS game; never played GZ prequel either.

For all the MGS series fans - would I get lost in the story by starting w/ Phantom Pain?

Would I be lost in the story stuff from not starting w/ GZ?
you'll get lost in mgs overall story regardless of what game you start at

Boy I'm glad I bought/backlogged MGS:TPP for $20-whatever bucks a month or so back.

Lately I've been playing Stalker: SoC for the 4th or 5th time. Because it's not like I have fifteen-hundred other games that need playing.
i've tried starting stalker like 3 times and each time i can't make it past like 25 minutes. im guessing the game grows on you

Kojima is to videogame storytelling what Donald Trump is to political speeches. If they make sense to you, may God have mercy on your scum-stained soul.

Kojima is to videogame storytelling what Donald Trump is to political speeches. If they make sense to you, may God have mercy on your scum-stained soul.
99816507ac383fc9e953fe6c16d6de629b0c2d223166193cb3b7e68e7ffa900d.jpg

you'll get lost in mgs overall story regardless of what game you start at

i've tried starting stalker like 3 times and each time i can't make it past like 25 minutes. im guessing the game grows on you
The Stalker Complete mod helped me continue on cuz I'm a wuss. I'd recommend it...(being a wuss and the Complete mod both)

20XX's MSRP will be increased from $12 to $15 soon. It's currently on sale for $8.99, and the dev claims that this is the last time it will be on sale before the MSRP increases and won't be this cheap again for a very long time.

This may matter to some of you because it's one of the best Megaman inspired games on steam, and the quality seems high enough that it won't be bundled for a while. It's still in EA, so it's not finished yet but most of the content is there and it has online co-op for the campaign mode. I think steam may be the only place to buy it.
"It wont be this cheap for a long time!"

Time is relative. It'll probably be that cheap around christmas.

But the game really does look fantastic and worth supporting

It's a very low key game in a lot of ways. Never really picks up the pace until, arguably, the very end. Even the story is something you have to actively pay attention to and read your PDA entries, etc. And, of course, it's just fairly old by now although mods can help the visuals.

But I like the atmosphere of it; both the visuals of the world and the sound effects (which are pretty immersive especially with headphones). The gunfights are still challenging and unforgiving. I've been "claimed by the zone" more times than I can count. The ebb and flow of the world is interesting -- one time a checkpoint is held by bandits, next time maybe a group of stalkers drove the bandits out and claimed it. Or maybe not. It's a pretty rough jewel though and I can see why some people find it a classic and others would drop it before too long.

I also like the Complete mod but I know some people dislike that one and either just use graphics mods or others get into the Ultimate Survival Death Challenge style mods with "all guns do 3000x more damage, you need to eat every seventeen seconds or lose health, and acid rain storms will pelt you with radioactive hail" descriptions.

Fry's has in-store only deal:

Steam cards that are $50-valued are on sale to purchase at $40. :)

Limit 1 per customer.

No rainchecks.

Check your e-mail for the promo code you need to get the deal.

Dammit - why can't I have a Fry's nearby? :(

Tomasety, you know I hate arpgs! Why would you do this? Do I need to explain why I hate aprgs again in length so you can understand?

Fry's has in-store only deal:

Steam cards that are $50-valued are on sale to purchase at $40. :)

Limit 1 per customer.

No rainchecks.

Check your e-mail for the promo code you need to get the deal.

Dammit - why can't I have a Fry's nearby? :(
I find Fry's tend to be gifts and curses. Yeah, they tend to have sweet deals, but unless you live 5-10 minutes away they tend to be a real PITA to get to so I never tend to go. Case in point, for most of my life I have lived in a city with a Fry's technically in it. Here in Atlanta I have yet to go, even for free after rebate stuff. It's about an hour away with good traffic, close to two with bad traffic and not worth the time or effort. In Seattle, it was closer, but still in an odd fucking place near a mall, but of course not convenient to the mall because that would cost too much. I never went. In Fort Worth and Houston and Austin I at least would go because they were closer and better situated, but then again Texas cities are sprawling metro areas that never stop growing and driving a long time (distance wise) to get to places is just the norm.

Since Newegg came into prominence, Fry's is strictly if I ever need a lot of hardware and need it now and even then, a drive to Microcenter would probably be better investment in that case.

Huh.  The Fry's "near" me is the same way.  Sort of near a mall/retail area but yet off the beaten path and kind of a pain in the ass to get to.  Must be part of their mission statement.

I never visit mine either since it's never just convenient to me even when I'm in its general area.  And there's a Microcenter not much further away so, if I needed retail computer stuff, that's where I'd go.

Yeah, I think finding cheaper retail space in the general vicinity of a mall is part of their business plan.  Houston is the only place where I would say one of them was located in more of a normal retail area.  The one in the south of the city was still a little off the beaten path.

I have a soft spot for the one in Fort Worth (technically Arlington), but just because I remember when it initially opened it was called "Incredible Universe" and was this huge production of a store.  I remember going there and they had Texas Rangers signing autographs every weekend and different rooms for each department and they had every console at the time in the game room set up with demos including stuff like Neo Geo.  This was back before Best Buy hit it big, so it was kind of like a big deal especially for a tech nerd:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incredible_Universe

It's a very low key game in a lot of ways. Never really picks up the pace until, arguably, the very end. Even the story is something you have to actively pay attention to and read your PDA entries, etc. And, of course, it's just fairly old by now although mods can help the visuals.

But I like the atmosphere of it; both the visuals of the world and the sound effects (which are pretty immersive especially with headphones). The gunfights are still challenging and unforgiving. I've been "claimed by the zone" more times than I can count. The ebb and flow of the world is interesting -- one time a checkpoint is held by bandits, next time maybe a group of stalkers drove the bandits out and claimed it. Or maybe not. It's a pretty rough jewel though and I can see why some people find it a classic and others would drop it before too long.

I also like the Complete mod but I know some people dislike that one and either just use graphics mods or others get into the Ultimate Survival Death Challenge style mods with "all guns do 3000x more damage, you need to eat every seventeen seconds or lose health, and acid rain storms will pelt you with radioactive hail" descriptions.
I agree...

For those that played tabletop RPGs (ok I'm dating myself here), if you took the Twilight 2000 RPG and made it into a video game (yes I know it was but that one doesn't count...quiet, you!), this would be the game....

Something just feels right about the atmosphere/firefights in Stalker.....vs Homefront, a game that can't really decide what kind of game it wants to be and the firefights (weapons) feel kinda sloppy/mushy....I've started Homefront like 3 times and I still can't get into it more than like 15 min before I go "Yecccchh, Ima go play Borderplands 2"....Homefront should have embraced it's inner "Red Dawn" and went completely over the top with Ruskies, high school students, etc....WOLVERINES!!!!!!

I agree...

For those that played tabletop RPGs (ok I'm dating myself here), if you took the Twilight 2000 RPG and made it into a video game (yes I know it was but that one doesn't count...quiet, you!), this would be the game....

Something just feels right about the atmosphere/firefights in Stalker.....vs Homefront, a game that can't really decide what kind of game it wants to be and the firefights (weapons) feel kinda sloppy/mushy....I've started Homefront like 3 times and I still can't get into it more than like 15 min before I go "Yecccchh, Ima go play Borderplands 2"....Homefront should have embraced it's inner "Red Dawn" and went completely over the top with Ruskies, high school students, etc....WOLVERINES!!!!!!
That's an odd comparison. I don't think I ever placed Stalker and Homefront in the same thought. I guess technically something like the scenario in Homefront could lead to the wasteland that is home to Stalker, but that's a stretch.

Come to think of it, I've played Twilight: 2000 (the actual RPG, not the computer game) so maybe that's why I like Stalker.

Homefront is every dumb FPS campaign design decision rolled into one dumb FPS campaign.

I also liked Far Cry 2 which most people seemed to hate so maybe I just have weird FPS attractions.

That's an odd comparison. I don't think I ever placed Stalker and Homefront in the same thought. I guess technically something like the scenario in Homefront could lead to the wasteland that is home to Stalker, but that's a stretch.
Yur mom is an odd comparison!

Let me clarify:

• atmosphere - immersive sound/visuals and go ahead and throw AI/NPC interaction.
  • (pew pew) controls - gun feel, also ties into atmposphere/immersive-ness....do I feel like I'm in a "real" (yeah, yeah) firefight?

I was comparing both as they both have pew pew elements, and I was playing both almost back-to-back so they were both on my mind...

So I was attempting to compare and contrast Stalker( A game I played) vs Homefront (A game I also played) which both have pew pew elements.....

Good Atmosphere - Stalker has it, Homefront don't.

Good (pew pew) Controls - Stalker has it, Homefront don't.

Any questions? Besides when your mom is coming over to wax my rocket?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know it sucks.. while I was in VA/MD I wrote Fry's off because we had Microcenter.  And of the two.. Microcenter tended to have better PC deals.  

Now that I'm back in FL... they ain't got crap down here.  No TigerDirect (closed), No Fry's, No Microcenter.  It's a wonder anybody down here even has computers.  Best Buy is ludicrously overpriced and doesn't have half the stuff I need to build a PC.

Just silliness.

You know what else is silliness?  No NMS preload.  That's crap.  So at 1pm... we're gunna crash steam ladies and gents.  Or lightning is gunna strike my power lines and I'll be out of power all weekend.  Either way.

You know it sucks.. while I was in VA/MD I wrote Fry's off because we had Microcenter. And of the two.. Microcenter tended to have better PC deals.

Now that I'm back in FL... they ain't got crap down here. No TigerDirect (closed), No Fry's, No Microcenter. It's a wonder anybody down here even has computers. Best Buy is ludicrously overpriced and doesn't have half the stuff I need to build a PC.

Just silliness.

You know what else is silliness? No NMS preload. That's crap. So at 1pm... we're gunna crash steam ladies and gents. Or lightning is gunna strike my power lines and I'll be out of power all weekend. Either way.
You live in Florida. There's a whole bunch of old people who buy chromebooks 5 years after they were popular.

Tiger Direct's retail stores sucked.  I think 2/3s of the store was televisions, cameras and random shit like cases of energy drinks and furniture polish.  You could order via the warehouse to pick up there but then you couldn't just return to the store and get your money back, you had to wait 15 days to get credited "because the warehouse is separate".  Plus their prices sucked -- their clearance price on a hard drive when they were going out of business was still higher than NewEgg's standard price.

It was nice to have a place relatively close when I needed one case fan or a SATA cable and not have to wait three days for shipping but that place deserved to go out of business.

You know it sucks.. while I was in VA/MD I wrote Fry's off because we had Microcenter. And of the two.. Microcenter tended to have better PC deals.

Now that I'm back in FL... they ain't got crap down here. No TigerDirect (closed), No Fry's, No Microcenter. It's a wonder anybody down here even has computers. Best Buy is ludicrously overpriced and doesn't have half the stuff I need to build a PC.

Just silliness.

You know what else is silliness? No NMS preload. That's crap. So at 1pm... we're gunna crash steam ladies and gents. Or lightning is gunna strike my power lines and I'll be out of power all weekend. Either way.
I guarantee its because the game isn't even done yet. They are last minute fixing it for PC.

Last night I went on a run for the first time in over a year and this morning I woke up feeling like I'm certainly going to die. The takeaway here is that I'll never get a chance to play No Man's Sky thanks to the lack of pre-load and the weird availability time. At this rate I estimate I have about 30-45 minutes to live, but that I can maybe extend that an hour or two if I drink some Bawls.

Knew I shouldn't have gone on that run.

The console people are posting about buying Adam's Venture for like $14.  Where is Motoki to rage about the stupidity of paying that much for bundle fodder? 

Last night I went on a run for the first time in over a year and this morning I woke up feeling like I'm certainly going to die. The takeaway here is that I'll never get a chance to play No Man's Sky thanks to the lack of pre-load and the weird availability time. At this rate I estimate I have about 30-45 minutes to live, but that I can maybe extend that an hour or two if I drink some Bawls.

Knew I shouldn't have gone on that run.
photo-thumb-320915.jpg
IN LOVING(?) MEMORY
19xx-2016

ZmrTmRA.png

"naughty baby-making imagery, and harem tropes-a-plenty, I'd get why some would steer clear of Conception II. But I'm here to recommend it." - https://www.destructoid.com/review-conception-ii-children-of-the-seven-stars-273388.phtml

I've recently seen few friends on my list want this game
Not naming who
but I came here to CAG today to promote this wonderful game.

Literally why aren't you guys buying baby making persona 4 the video game yet? 

In other news.

I'm half way to having a vr headset, soon all the boobie ninja warrior 5 games will be mine.

No TigerDirect (closed), No Fry's, No Microcenter. It's a wonder anybody down here even has computers. Best Buy is ludicrously overpriced and doesn't have half the stuff I need to build a PC.
I'm pretty sure the internet(that place where you can buy PC parts and have them shipped to your house) has made its way down to Florida by now.

ZmrTmRA.png

"naughty baby-making imagery, and harem tropes-a-plenty, I'd get why some would steer clear of Conception II. But I'm here to recommend it." - https://www.destructoid.com/review-conception-ii-children-of-the-seven-stars-273388.phtml

Not naming who

In other news.

I'm half way to having a vr headset, soon all the boobie ninja warrior 5 games will be mine.
Wait, what is spoder doing on that game lol?

ZmrTmRA.png

"naughty baby-making imagery, and harem tropes-a-plenty, I'd get why some would steer clear of Conception II. But I'm here to recommend it." - https://www.destructoid.com/review-conception-ii-children-of-the-seven-stars-273388.phtml

Not naming who

ss_3a116d1aef39d1d245454ad1ad419b474c7028ac.jpg

Conception 2 is a pretty below average niche game. I've had the Vita game for years, and frankly it was so easy and the dating repetitive that I didn't finish it. It tries so hard to be Persona 4 in dungeons but fails terribly. For maybe $2.50 or something....or an indie bundle I could see wanting to own it, but it is one of the worst RPGs I've played in a while on the Vita along with Trillion....which guess what is coming to PC too.....how excited I am............

bread's done
Back