Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I need some direction. Guild Wars 2 is on sale for $10 reg. ed. I remember it went on sale, what 1 or 2 weeks ago? Is this the same price or was it even cheaper?

K...sorry about this folks, but I had to use the search topic function. I've evolved *takes bow*.

Anywho, it was a month ago, and 75% off $10 for regular, $15 for other. New xpac on way in case anybody is thinking about this.
21.jpg

Booby don't be postin chit chat in the damned keys added thread please lest we have to delete yo ass.

Rule of thumb is if it ain't a key announcement don't post it there. And don't be postin old ass shit either. It's not our job to catch up everyone on every bundle key ever since beginning of time. Go to IGBW for the old crap.

Sorry I just needed to get that out.

Booby don't be postin chit chat in the damned keys added thread please lest we have to delete yo ass.

Rule of thumb is if it ain't a key announcement don't post it there. And don't be postin old ass shit either. It's not our job to catch up everyone on every bundle key ever since beginning of time. Go to IGBW for the old crap.

My bad, figured I'd ask since it was semi-relevant and people might know where a list of Steam keys added via the Desura client might be. As for posting old stuff, that one's not on me, but noted.

I'd like to thank everybody for saving me + saving everybody else the trouble of hearing about me complaining about Dragon Age: Inquisition not being either 75% off; straight-up $5; not being complete w/ all DLC; or just not on sale good enough to suit me.

So, shout-outs to the following:

-> TwelveVolt

-> Soulffrir

-> DrRock

-> Zipomatic2

Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to thank everybody for saving me + saving everybody else the trouble of hearing about me complaining about Dragon Age: Inquisition not being either 75% off; straight-up $5; not being complete w/ all DLC; or just not on sale good enough to suit me.

-> TwelveVolt
-> Soulffrir
-> DrRock
-> Zipomatic2

Thanks guys!
I was thinking how annoying you'd be repeating yourself. Can I get a shout out too

-> TwelveVolt

-> Soulffrir

-> DrRock

-> Zipomatic2

Thanks guys!
Well, what would you suggest they change for future sales?

bvF1VfO.jpg

Well, what would you suggest they change for future sales?

bvF1VfO.jpg
Amazon can charge what they want - it's their service.

DA:I is a game where I might bend a bit on my usual price-point, if I can get a US version cheap enough (to suit me).

I suspect that DA:I is a game I'll probably spend over 50 hours with, at least.

So, it's all going to depend on how much they'll sell it for + what I have looming for Bing-made $ to blow.

No inane bollocks allowed Bobby! :speaktothehand:

I think Drabe is MysterD's alt. Or is it vice versa?  Either way, there's some serious next level Abbott and Costello/Felix and Oscar shenanigans going on.

Good, then we can finally get the three seashells.
He doesn't get how to use the 3 seashells... pfffttttt.....

Is anyone planning to preorder Sid Meier's Starships?

Are you trolling us or haven't you played SM's last couple of Bull fuck attempts at creating a modern game lately? That craps got bundle fodder written all over it.

I think Drabe is MysterD's alt. Or is it vice versa? Either way, there's some serious next level Abbott and Costello/Felix and Oscar/Beavis and Butthead shenanigans going on.
fixed

Edit:

Also I'm probably going to buy this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/307880/

so you can all get it a bundle sometime soon and hopefully play it with me because i am friendless

https://twitter.com/GrundislavGames/status/573921389985468418

My vote goes to the studio that doesn't have millions of dollars backing it.

You know, the one that still cares about the genre.

You probably should and then give us your impressions in painstakingly detailed and very long, eye watering paragraphs. Hold nothing back.
Ok I installed it, woke up on a beach, there was snow but for some reason me being wet and cold didnt matter. I ran around a bit, found a deer and punched it in the face...the deer ran away. I came across a walking skeleton...I punched it maybe 25 times and the dead skeleton died. While I was looting it a wolf came and killed me.

Then i exited.

Ok I installed it, woke up on a beach, there was snow but for some reason me being wet and cold didnt matter. I ran around a bit, found a deer and punched it in the face...the deer ran away. I came across a walking skeleton...I punched it maybe 25 times and the dead skeleton died. While I was looting it a wolf came and killed me.

Then i exited.
GOTY

Edit: you should write some novels, you're good

Edit#2: I'm drunk

Then i exited.
I feel like that's every survival game ever. The only real difference is some have zombies and some have blocks or whatever trashy hipster chic crap they try to pull off.

I'm sure the survival game people don't get my Big Fish Grandma fetish either and that's cool, but I really don't get the whole survival game thing. It just seems like an excuse to be lazy and not make any story or campaign and just throw together some Dear Esther walking sim with a few bears or cows or some shit.

I'm sorry but this shit is one of the many reasons why I can't stand Reddit.

rgGm5dO.png

Really? 10 fucking percent off a game that's been bundled already and probably will be again in a week or so? And I won't even comment on the currency (because I'd get riported) but it fits the audience.

If anyone complains about it they say 'It's still a game deal!' but then then if a mobile game is 90% off then they can't have that because the anal IT nerds from who run the place don't like mobile games and think they are the devil or something. But some pixel games on Steam that might as well be a mobile game for 10% off is a deal worth posting about.

/RedditGameDealsRant

I think Drabe is MysterD's alt. Or is it vice versa? Either way, there's some serious next level Abbott and Costello/Felix and Oscar shenanigans going on.
Unfortunately, the new 2015 version of The Odd Couple (TV series with Matthew Perry) is NOT any of that "next level" stuff and the "shenanigans going on" pretty much suck.

/RedditGameDealsRant
At least Origin deals no longer get downvoted into oblivion. Then there was that week when anything Humble was downvoted off. How long did their HashtagPreordersSux thing last? I don't even bother checking that place now, can't keep up with the revolving cycle of trending hatred anymore.

At least Origin deals no longer get downvoted into oblivion. Then there was that week when anything Humble was downvoted off. How long did their HashtagPreordersSux thing last? I don't even bother checking that place now, can't keep up with the revolving cycle of trending hatred anymore.
Place is only good for the organized list of deals anyways. It's like YouTube, just don't bother reading the comments.

And to see deals that get downvoted, just do what I do and sort it by "new". I have it on auto-refresh and just check it every so often for a quick update on sales going on.

And to see deals that get downvoted, just do what I do and sort it by "new". I have it on auto-refresh and just check it every so often for a quick update on sales going on.
That's a lot of and's.... and I think I'll just stick to getting deals here and pretending reddit doesn't exist. I don't get some peoples fascination with it... but then I always have preferred a forum layout. Reddit just seems.. cliquish. And frankly that clique are the same DB's I resent from above.

That's a lot of and's.... and I think I'll just stick to getting deals here and pretending reddit doesn't exist. I don't get some peoples fascination with it... but then I always have preferred a forum layout. Reddit just seems.. cliquish. And frankly that clique are the same DB's I resent from above.
I don't disagree. CAG is the better discussion place by a mile, but there's just something convenient about seeing a list of deals from all sorts of places (the titles are really all you need to read), with the ability to filter by site. I dislike Reddit as a whole, and it took me a long while to adjust to it, but the front page of GameDeals is just too handy to not look at on a daily basis.

I think reddit is crap but I view it because for whatever reason its not blocked at work like CAG is.....god knows why because on reddit I can see a picture of Jennifer Lawrence spread eagle and the worst on CAG is whatever that lostunderwear clown posts

He doesn't get how to use the 3 seashells... pfffttttt.....

Are you trolling us or haven't you played SM's last couple of Bull fuck attempts at creating a modern game lately? That craps got bundle fodder written all over it.
What are you including on your bullsheet list besides Beyond Earth?

Then i exited.

Hemingwayesque

that was the joke, Einstein.

Before you get pissy that is a reference to docs dog
uhhh you do know, that guy isn't einstein?

https://twitter.com/GrundislavGames/status/573921389985468418

My vote goes to the studio that doesn't have millions of dollars backing it.

You know, the one that still cares about the genre.
My first reaction was "as long as it's not double fine" but wadjet eye is clearly the best fit

I'm sorry but this shit is one of the many reasons why I can't stand Reddit.

rgGm5dO.png

Really? 10 fucking percent off a game that's been bundled already and probably will be again in a week or so? And I won't even comment on the currency (because I'd get riported) but it fits the audience.

If anyone complains about it they say 'It's still a game deal!' but then then if a mobile game is 90% off then they can't have that because the anal IT nerds from <continent redacted> who run the place don't like mobile games and think they are the devil or something. But some pixel games on Steam that might as well be a mobile game for 10% off is a deal worth posting about.

/RedditGameDealsRant
The trade cesspool kiddies won't even buy a Steam key from me for $1.

Dumbasses.

What are you including on your bullsheet list besides Beyond Earth?
Beyond Earth (still broke)

Civ 5 (broke at launch, got better, but then a butt ton of DLC ensued); Best update was adding religions... which is silly because PREVIOUS Civ's all had them.

Ace Patrol (got better with patches)

Ace Patrol Pacific (never got better)

Edit: And while I'm venting... he really should stay the fuck away from mobile games. Railroad, Civ World, and CivRev2 on the iPad pretty much universally blow.

uhhh you do know, that guy isn't einstein?

My first reaction was "as long as it's not double fine" but wadjet eye is clearly the best fit
Telltale would make it episodic, use that shitty engine of theirs, force their crap Telltale DRM on it everywhere but GOG and Steam, and the game would be filled with save bugs that'd never get fixed. And the Loom guy would probably do a strip dance.

And while Double Fine might do a good job, they'd probably go over budget several times over, heh.

Wadjet Eye is the best choice, story-wise... but the AGS engine is showing its age. I wish the core engine could be updated. :(

It's gonna be the first 47* (I'm entering, too fun to sit out) people with 500+ posts (possibly lower if we run low on entrants) who enter, and all you need to do is post that you're in and post an image link to your avatar (or whatever picture you'd like to represent you).
Maybe? You never got back to me about the bundle I thought I was involved in :)

I think reddit is crap but I view it because for whatever reason its not blocked at work like CAG is.....god knows why because on reddit I can see a picture of Jennifer Lawrence spread eagle and the worst on CAG is whatever that lostunderwear clown posts
Be proactive and take this argument to your IT guy.

Place is only good for the organized list of deals anyways. It's like YouTube, just don't bother reading the comments.

Not that I suggest people go there, because they really do suck, but if you click the "Deals and Discussion" link at the top it auto sorts to new and also pulls in /r/gamedealsmeta/ too which is usually just key added notices that they ripped off from our group or someone asking some dumb question or complaining about something but once in a while someone posts something useful there like leaks about what games are in a Groupees pre-order or something like that.

But I agree with Indef, they get on little trendy clique bandwagons about what to downvote this week. I can totally see why CAG just does the upvotes and not the downvotes (not that anyone outside of this thread really uses the upvotes here anyhow) because the whole downvote thing gets really petty fast.

Personally, IDGAF if they downvote me all to hell and just say what I want and then don't check back because I am not really invested in that place or the people there so if it causes a hornet's nest for them oh well, but some people there get really caught up and offended over the downvotes.

So seeing as it's Friday night and the game deals are pretty much dead for right now, I'm gonna do a fun little contest.

Haven't decided on the prize (there'll be one winner), and there's time to enter, as the actual "event" won't happen 'till tomorrow (not sure what the time will be, suggestions as to what's best for everyone)?

It's gonna be the first 47* (I'm entering, too fun to sit out) people with 500+ posts (possibly lower if we run low on entrants) who enter, and all you need to do is post that you're in and post an image link to your avatar (or whatever picture you'd like to represent you).

You can choose a nickname if you'd like as well, just let me know.

Edit: Scrapped for later.
Aww, I wanted my BoobyPrize. :rofl:

Maybe? You never got back to me about the bundle I thought I was involved in :)
Confused. What are you taking about?

Aww, I wanted my BoobyPrize. :rofl:
Don't worry, you'll have your chance. The contest is just delayed, thought of a prize for it and decided there was a better occasion to have it happen than "hey look it's friday night".

bread's done
Back