Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Early impressions of Infinite Warfare aren't looking great. Review embargo lifts at midnight EST.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/03/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-review-in-progress

For every great idea there's a Call of Duty trapping holding it back. And that's the mistake Infinity Ward has made – one of the same mistakes it made with Call of Duty: Ghosts three years ago, which was the series’ lowest point since The Big Red One. Infinite Warfare shows improvement over that game, but not much. If first-person shooter single-player campaigns are how you like to spend your time, you're spoiled for choice this year, so there's little reason to spend it on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just noticed Owlboy is $6.39 on GOG vs $22.49 on Steam, wth.

EDIT: NM I guess I was still on Belarus pricing. It showed as USD but changed when I went to checkout. Seems like it would actually be $6.39 through VPN though.

Just now noticed the "Contains a single disc. Download of additional files from Steam is required to run the game." bit. Looks like they pulled a Fallout 4. I should have it downloaded by Christmas.
They also did this w/ Doom 2016.

This is probably the new normal from Bethesda/Zenimax.

Did you get the legacy? The remaster of Modern Warfare seems much more interesting than Infinite Warfare.
The remaster is great...played it all day on console -.-

Wonder when they will lock people out since they gave 30 day early access to the single player which gave us MP free today.

It does make you realize how bad the camping is/was and how slow paced you have to go to do well.

Did you get the legacy? The remaster of Modern Warfare seems much more interesting than Infinite Warfare.
Yup. GMG had it for ~20% off and I bought it on impulse. I'm not sure when it unlocks but I can tell you that if you're affected by the new Comcast datacap you can say goodbye to 10% of your cap when you download IW and the MW remaster.

Just noticed Owlboy is $6.39 on GOG vs $22.49 on Steam, wth.

EDIT: NM I guess I was still on Belarus pricing. It showed as USD but changed when I went to checkout. Seems like it would actually be $6.39 through VPN though.
Yes, it has regional pricing. The game's $12.77 ($14.19) for me.

There are much tastier ways to eat an assload of fat. Such as:

carnitas.jpg

Carnitas

01212012-188883-rallys-baconzilla-2.jpg

Rally's / Checkers' Baconzilla

And maybe there's a mom joke in there, too.
How bout
You're momma's so frigid, I get brain freeze when I go down on her.

Motoki replied to my message earlier. Good to see that Jonny lets him out of his whipping cage every now and then!

I don't think anyone would do this but the new COD is on the Windows Store BUT Windows Store players cannot play with steam players... so, yeah, don't buy it from there.

http://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-on-the-windows-store-wont-work-with-steam-multiplayer/
Well, that is foolish! Who the heck is going to buy that version, unless it's drastically discounted?

MP is mostly where it's at for CoD games - especially if you're buying the game when it's just getting released!

And most players buy Steam-versions, these day and age - so most of the MP players are going to be getting the Steam-version.

This is why developers used Multiplayer-Middleware such as GameSpy back in the day - so if players bought different versions from different stores (i.e. Microsoft Store, Steam, Direct2Drive, whatever) - players doing MP could still all play together on the PC, no matter what.

Well, that is foolish! Who the heck is going to buy that version, unless it's drastically discounted?

MP is mostly where it's at for CoD games - especially if you're buying the game when it's just getting released!

And most players buy Steam-versions, these day and age - so most of the MP players are going to be getting the Steam-version.

This is why developers used Multiplayer-Middleware such as GameSpy back in the day - so if players bought different versions from different stores (i.e. Microsoft Store, Steam, Direct2Drive, whatever) - players doing MP could still all play together on the PC, no matter what.
Yeah, here's an SAT analogy for you. . . Windows Store: "deep discounts" as Trump: ?

Two quick notes:
Forza Horizon has a new Forzathon this weekend. They are again pushing their at ground games. The big item is for surviving a infection match. Kyou get a F150 Raptor Horizon Edition that gives a bonus to credits.

Marvel Heroes: login to the game tomorrow (and tomorrow only) and get Doctor Strange free!

Oh, sorry. I meant a game bought through steam.

I've had this package on my wishlist for years, and it's never gone on sale. I just noticed that it's 47% cheaper in Brazil.
Never buy anything on Steam out of region these days, its almost assuredly locked. The days of cross region purchasing/trading are over.

Someone else may be able to answer that more effectively, but espc SA and Russia regions, its likely not even worth thinking about. The absolute most you'd be able to do is activate via VPN, but if its play locked you're fucked. Don't ever buy cross region yourself though.

Plausible.

Strange start & end times though. 10 minutes before and then 10 after the hour. I'm not sure about that part. The rest looks about right though.

Plausible.

Strange start & end times though. 10 minutes before and then 10 after the hour. I'm not sure about that part. The rest looks about right though.
They have used similar times before in developers announcements like 9:45 AM for Summer Sale and 9:50 AM for Halloween sale

If it's the same crappy 'okay's here's your tepid discounts with no promos, dailies, or themes' then... meh.  Steam sales died a while ago.  You just hope some publishers decide their five+ year old games should get more than a 50% discount.

Plausible.

The sales have been starting sooner the past year or so, its because of the propagation times for the prices to show up to the end user. Its legitimate info.

Never buy anything on Steam out of region these days, its almost assuredly locked. The days of cross region purchasing/trading are over.

Someone else may be able to answer that more effectively, but espc SA and Russia regions, its likely not even worth thinking about. The absolute most you'd be able to do is activate via VPN, but if its play locked you're fucked. Don't ever buy cross region yourself though.
I believe games bought from the Canadian (and possibly Norwegian?) store are usually region free. It's usually only ~10-20% lower than the US store, so it's up to you whether that's worth the hassle of dealing with a trader.

I believe games bought from the Canadian (and possibly Norwegian?) store are usually region free. It's usually only ~10-20% lower than the US store, so it's up to you whether that's worth the hassle of dealing with a trader.
Well yea, there are exceptions. Same goes for New Zealand store (but I believe they arent cheap anymore, I thought I read their prices were changing). Some regions its perfectly fine to cross-region trade since they have ROW copies.

But the largely regularly cheap regions (SEA, SA, RUS, India, China) are virtually all no-go zones bar the very rare occasion. If its X in Brazil, its 99% likely to be play locked.

bread's done
Back