Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Okay, two questions:

1. Do you use your computer for anything other than gaming? And if so, does the 4K aspect help with like office work or coding? It might, I really don't know. I've never had issues doing office work though on any monitor even going back to the 90s so I'm just curious as to what 4K would add to that.

2. Didn't you have to turn the settings way down on most of the stuff to get it to run decently in 4K? And if that's the case, is medium on 4K better than ultra on 1080p? I'm just curious as to what the trade off is there. Like does a medium 4K look crisper or sharper than an Ultra 1080p on account of more pixels?
#1. Nothing out of the ordinary, TBH. No, I haven't coded in languages like C++ in years (i.e. since college - and I wasn't even that great at that back then, TBH). I have literally way more space on the desktop, web browsers, in programs, & everything pretty much. This alone to me, is a major difference. I had my desktop littered w/ icons and folder shortcuts at 1080p...and now w/ the same assortment, they're barely even taking up part of the left-side of the screen. I constantly have been annoyed by 1080p when switching b/t Windows and always Alt-Tabbing - and now it's easy to have multiple Windows Explorer/My Computer windows going - especially since I seem to be moving games from drive-to-drive more so than ever. These huge-sized games are killin' me here!

#2. For WWE 2K16, nope. Just turned off AA; don't need it. Game runs well anyways. Very well optimized. Even more so than 2K16. With 50-60 frames at 4K when in-ring, it's fine for me.

For Dying Light, yup. Ran crummy at 4K even at Medium, so it's not worth it right now. 1440p does the trick here for me. B/c there's tons of jumping, action & the game feels fast-paced, the console-style of 30FPS is unacceptable at 4K. 1440p at 50-60fps at High fairs well and I'm happy with it for the extra resolution bump.

I often will take a setting (like High, Ultra, etc)...and then go Custom with it by tweaking some things from there. Some things to me, are a waste of frames b/c of the framerate killing they can do (VSync, God Rays, Hair Physics, etc) - and it's often simple enough just to turn something down a bit or something off that are frame-killers to get things to the point where I'm fine + happy with them.

I will most definitely try to play more games at 4K, 1440p, 1200p here - and see how things go.

I do feel more immersed into games now w/ the bigger screen (28'' over 23'' - a world of a difference here) right up in my face + the ability to jump up to other resolutions past 1080p.

EDIT:

How do you get Subnautica running well? It has FPS drops even on a 1080 x.x
Don't own it. Never played it. Can't speak on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really bad with wi-fi, if you can do wired or maybe a powerline adapter then it's okay
Powerline adapter?

sjOza3D.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DVUwWZfzMw

But really what do you mean by powerline adapter? If it's going to cost me more then $20 then I'm just going to skip on the Steam Link.

LIAR!!!!!

You are a horrible influence.
On a serious note, as a fan of Early Access exploration/open-world/survival games on Steam I can tell you that most run like crap and will continue to run like crap for the foreseeable future. It took 7DTD like 2 years to get to a somewhat decent level. And this is from a guy who could careless about graphics, so you know it's gotta be bad if even I notice it. You should probably search the Discussion board to see if anyone has put together a guide of things that help, but otherwise, it's usually just something you have to deal with. Let me know if it's any good though. That and Stranded Deep (and Salt) have been on my radar for awhile.

The first two DLC are pretty short, the second is a little longer and meatier in terms of story than the first. The third DLC is supposed to be pretty expansive and, since the first two only add up to $12 of a $25 season pass, they'd better put out something worthwhile.

You also get some minor co-op mode stuff (some gear and a weekly crate)
Curious about Co-op Mode stuff.

Can you take AI teammates with you? If yes - is the AI any good?

Can you solo the Co-Op Missions? If yes - does the game scale down difficulty or anything to having 1 player?

Powerline adapter?

sjOza3D.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DVUwWZfzMw

But really what do you mean by powerline adapter? If it's going to cost me more then $20 then I'm just going to skip on the Steam Link.
Powerline adapter is a device where you use the electric wiring in your house to run your internet connection. I have one. I run an ethernet cord from my router to the powerline adapter. Plug the adapter in the wall. Then there's a corresponding pair that you plug into the wall in the room that you need the internet in. Run an ethernet cable from the adapter to the computer.

I use it for my desktop and the internet is a lot faster and more reliable than it would be on wifi.

You can find them for 20ish if you look out for deals on Amazon, Newegg or Warehouse Deals.

This poor Steam sale...

I think the only game I might bite on is DOOM for $19.79 (-67%).
We can go cheaper on Doom 2016.

It's 12.99 pounds on Gamesplanet UK, which is around $16.15 USD.

5% extra discount even, w/ some Steam-linking and GamesPlanet-linking - check Reddit.

If anyone is interested in Young Justice: Legacy or Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom then they have both had their base price lowered to 2.99 and discounted to 1.49 for this sale.

Curious about Co-op Mode stuff.

Can you take AI teammates with you? If yes - is the AI any good?

Can you solo the Co-Op Missions? If yes - does the game scale down difficulty or anything to having 1 player?
No AI helpers which is just as well since the AI helpers in the campaign are terrible.

You can solo Co-Op missions. The game makes no allowances for the fact that you're alone although you can set the general mission difficulty to Easy/Normal/Hard. But Easy with one person has the same number & type of opponents as Easy with a team of four. You get some number of points even if you fail so it's not all that hard to blunder through solo for a while and still get enough points to unlock & upgrade more gear, making the missions increasingly easier.

No AI helpers which is just as well since the AI helpers in the campaign are terrible.

You can solo Co-Op missions. The game makes no allowances for the fact that you're alone although you can set the general mission difficulty to Easy/Normal/Hard. But Easy with one person has the same number & type of opponents as Easy with a team of four. You get some number of points even if you fail so it's not all that hard to blunder through solo for a while and still get enough points to unlock & upgrade more gear, making the missions increasingly easier.
Sounds good enough. Thanks for the info.

I'll have to make sure if and when I do jump on HF: TR, that I will for sure will just go Freedom Fighter Bundle, since it don't seem too much more $ to get it all.

So keyboard came, it looks pretty good and feels pretty good. Noise wise, doesn't seem too much worse than my membrane I had when I manage to not bottom out the keys, getting use to minimal force is going to take some getting use to. Pretty much just have to barely touch the key to get it to register, first mechanical so not sure if that is normal or not but I can of like it.

Also picked up The Division Gold, since with Steam wallet it wasn't too much more than $10 Amazon plus Season Pass and this way didn't have to wait.

On a serious note, as a fan of Early Access exploration/open-world/survival games on Steam I can tell you that most run like crap and will continue to run like crap for the foreseeable future. It took 7DTD like 2 years to get to a somewhat decent level. And this is from a guy who could careless about graphics, so you know it's gotta be bad if even I notice it. You should probably search the Discussion board to see if anyone has put together a guide of things that help, but otherwise, it's usually just something you have to deal with. Let me know if it's any good though. That and Stranded Deep (and Salt) have been on my radar for awhile.
Being the survival game fan, what do you think of The Long Dark at $9.99? Friends talking about it (and in general) has me interested but not totally sold just wait (primarily because being $10).

Done waiting for Subnautica to drop more..,..it's always 40% off on sales.

Now I will buy it...just because.
Starting to feel that way about Kerbal, seems to never go on sale for a decent price.

It got my vote. Still have over $100 in my wallet. Any recommendations?
Things I'm considering possibly fakeying are:

Post Collapse (Literally a everyone is dead walking and hunting and fishing sim).

Seasons After Fall (Some sort of animal platformer)

March of the Living (zombies)

Near Death (Survival)

Was considering Deathroad to Canada but it's not even at an all time low.

Not really sure what kind of games you like though, Treybot. Six Siege and Homefront Revolution have probably been my favs this year though I know Six Siege came out last year.

Speaking of the badge I assume everyone is nominating Half Life 2 for the "game that needs to be finished" write-in award?

So keyboard came, it looks pretty good and feels pretty good. Noise wise, doesn't seem too much worse than my membrane I had when I manage to not bottom out the keys, getting use to minimal force is going to take some getting use to. Pretty much just have to barely touch the key to get it to register, first mechanical so not sure if that is normal or not but I can of like it.

Also picked up The Division Gold, since with Steam wallet it wasn't too much more than $10 Amazon plus Season Pass and this way didn't have to wait.

Being the survival game fan, what do you think of The Long Dark at $9.99? Friends talking about it (and in general) has me interested but not totally sold just wait (primarily because being $10).

Starting to feel that way about Kerbal, seems to never go on sale for a decent price.
I really haven't played it enough to give a definitive opinion on it and I haven't played it recently so being EA a lot could change. I had fun the little I played, but it's just a solo survival game in an icy/snowy/cold environment. You have to remain warm or you die. Time I played I spawned on a mountain during a blizzard. Wandered around until I found some cabins. Jumped in one to crash for the night and not freeze to death. Looted some supplies. Left to explore the next morning and was promptly torn to shreds by wolves before even leaving the campground. No zombies or anything else. It's mostly wolves and the elements you have to worry about. I like the art of it too.

I really haven't played it enough to give a definitive opinion on it and I haven't played it recently so being EA a lot could change. I had fun the little I played, but it's just a solo survival game in an icy/snowy/cold environment. You have to remain warm or you die. Time I played I spawned on a mountain during a blizzard. Wandered around until I found some cabins. Jumped in one to crash for the night and not freeze to death. Looted some supplies. Left to explore the next morning and was promptly torn to shreds by wolves before even leaving the campground. No zombies or anything else. It's mostly wolves and the elements you have to worry about. I like the art of it too.
I have it too but not played it.

At least it wasn't #DeathByReds

If anyone is interested in Young Justice: Legacy or Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom then they have both had their base price lowered to 2.99 and discounted to 1.49 for this sale.
WTF...

Incidentally, don't buy all the DLC for Young Justice, the Ultimate Hero Pack contains all four DLC characters, and it costs the same as the other ones.

Whoa there, cowboy, I said: MIGHT! Was going through the massive list and it was the only solid price/deal that jumped out at me so far... if you ignore the epic BRINK finally being sub $5 ($2.63!).
Surprised there isn't a Wolfenstein TNO + TOB bundle...

...for $5.

Buddy bought me Miscreated.

I will inform on how it is.

So far tho it makes me GPU go up to 83degrees

Things I'm considering possibly fakeying are:

Post Collapse (Literally a everyone is dead walking and hunting and fishing sim).

Seasons After Fall (Some sort of animal platformer)

March of the Living (zombies)

Near Death (Survival)

Was considering Deathroad to Canada but it's not even at an all time low.

Not really sure what kind of games you like though, Treybot. Six Siege and Homefront Revolution have probably been my favs this year though I know Six Siege came out last year.
Was looking at Seasons After Fall and Near Death as well, but at only 40% off I think I'll wait.

Cash it out in TF2 hats.

Wolfenstein New Order is surprisingly only $6.50. Might pick that up.
One of the best FPS games in years. Up there with DOOM.

I know I'm usually Mister Steam Sale Shil... I mean Mister Positive about these sales but, uh....

Wow.  This sale can suck it.

bread's done
Back