Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
064brlW.png

1400th DLC was "OOTP Baseball 15 - 1994 What-If Quickstart"

Amazon has the Crucial MX300 750GB SSD for $99.99. Supposedly it's gonna be a deal on ebay via newegg tomorrow (for those looking to avoid tax). But I had credit on Amazon, so I just pulled the trigger.
OMG. I had it in my cart, and was shopping around for other items, and then got the message that it has been removed from my cart. I'm so mad right now. I should have just bought that immediately, but it didnt look like it was a glitch as it was a "daily deal" along with other crucial items... Meh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thoughts on that $250 4K Samsung monitor? I currently have a Dell S2716DG G-Sync but I wasn't sure if 4K>1440/144
I'm digging the $250 4K Samsung TN-panel monitor with 1ms Response time + AMD FreeSync. Keep in mind, that monitor doesn't support G-Sync, if you're an NVidia guy. The Samsung 4K supports AMD's FreeSync. Not that I use any Syncing most of the time anyways, since I really want those extra frames. And at 4K, trust me - you're likely going to need them extra frames; especially depending on what your GPU is; I'm using a 970, BTW.

I also don't know what's acceptable to you, framerate-wise. I'm more lenient on this stuff than probably most PC gamers, as I find it acceptable when I'm achieving over 30FPS. I prefer 60FPS, of course - but given the state of many PC ports of late, it ain't the end of my world if it ain't there; and I have to do some capping in-game or via MSI Afterburner. Some PC games have 30FPS caps or get broken when you force it over 30FPS b/c of how it was coded, anyways (i.e. Dark Souls PTD + NFS Rivals) - so, you might find some games where you're stuck at 30FPS.

If you're one of those that feel "I must have (at least) 60FPS on [insert resolution], no matter what" - well, then I hope you got a beefy system and/or beefy GPU/GPU's for 4K...or 4K ain't going to be for you. Depending on the game, I really don't mind say 30FPS if need be for more resolution + worthwhile eye-candy, as long as it ain't some sort of super-fast twitchy action game. If it's FPS, TPS, racing game, or something where movement's ultra-fast - chances are, I'm going to want aim over 30FPS and want something at least more in the middle of 30-60FPS but really want to be towards 60FPS, if it's even possible. For example, Doom 2016 - too fast and twitchy; I want 60FPS here.

Also, keep in mind - I jumped from 23'' 1080p to 28'' 4K. I didn't do the in-between step of a native 1440p monitor, so....to me, the difference b/t 23'' 1080p and 28'' 4K here is amazing to me. From your 27'' 1440p - I wouldn't be surprised if you're just not as impressed w/ 4K as say I'm impressed with it; I don't know how it'd be for you, so you'd probably have to find out the hard way, if you wanted to really go this route.

I've been throwing Fallout 4 & Mad Max at this 4K monitor w/ my 970 - well, Mad Max at 4K on High (with some tweaks here and there) looks amazing, but I had to cap it around 40FPS w/ MSI Afterburner. It's around 30-40FPS normally. Performance was anywhere from 40-60 frames up + down on the 970, when uncapped. Fallout 4 at High on 4K on 970, looks fantastic (finally looks good now; I thought it looked mediocre at 1080p maxed-out - too much just seemed washed-out to me + not the highest grade of textures) - and I was getting around 25-50 frames, depending on what's going on, on-screen - basically, I dropped it to 1440p for more performance, so that's much better there - when downscaling, just crank up at AA in-game or in NVidia/AMD panel; and throw-up Sharpness setting on the monitor, to knock down the blurring from the down-scale.

WWE 2K16 PC is probably my best performer, around 50-60 FPS at 4K w/ everything maxed except AA being off. Honestly, you don't really need AA at 4K, especially if there ain't much of anything out in the distance going blurry. And TBH, there ain't much in the distance in this game, anyways.

About your Dell TN-panel 1440p w/ 144 Hz - well, depends on how you feel about 4K, since most monitors doing 4K will top-out at 60hz (and you likely will be using DisplayPort to achieve 60hz, too). I think 4K's fantastic just for the extra work-space on the desktop, in Windows Explorer, in web browsers - I just have way more space for everything, compared to my 23'' HP TN-panel. It's like a whole another world to me.

If you're into the "I must have over 60hz Refresh rate in my games", you'd probably want to avoid 4K for now.

I'm digging the $250 4K Samsung TN-panel monitor with 1ms Response time + AMD FreeSync.
I can't stand TN panels. Unless you're really into competitive multiplayer shooters (I know a few CAGs are so in those cases TN might be better), IPS is generally the better option

Nice, free AssCreed 3 in July! Cant wait!
That's actually December 7th so less wait time for you...

Me, in this day in age were everyone is so offended, I shall be offended that Ubisoft has decided to celebrate the anniversary of Pearl Harbor with a different type of sneak attack...

[Ubisoft/Uplay] 30 DAYS OF GIFTS

Day 14 (07/12) : Free Assassin's Creed 3 on PC

Wait - people actually don't own this yet? [surprised]

For those who don't - seems like a decent score. It ain't the greatest AC, but it is still far from the best AC.

I had fun with it, gameplay-wise - but ugh, the story is wickedly over-the-top in terms of ridiculousness + Connor just flat-out sucks as a character. Boston's always a cool setting that I can approve of, though. ;)

Seriously, I don't know what the hell Ubi was thinking w/ both Connor from AC3 + Aiden from Watch Dogs. Two of their worst + most polarizingly "meh" characters ever.

Wait - people actually don't own this yet? [surprised]

For those who don't - seems like a decent score. It ain't the greatest AC, but it is still far from the best AC.

I had fun with it, gameplay-wise - but ugh, the story is wickedly over-the-top in terms of ridiculousness + Connor just flat-out sucks as a character. Boston's always a cool setting that I can approve of, though. ;)

Seriously, I don't know what the hell Ubi was thinking w/ both Connor from AC3 + Aiden from Watch Dogs. Two of their worst + most polarizingly "meh" characters ever.
I never played it so it will be the first time since...well today when I got Punch Club for free that I am able to take advantage of one of these free game offers.

I never played it so it will be the first time since...well today when I got Punch Club for free that I am able to take advantage of one of these free game offers.
Hope you enjoy AC3. :)

Can't really beat free, TBH; a score is a score. :)

I'd figure by now, though - most AC fans have this by now.

I'm digging the $250 4K Samsung TN-panel monitor with 1ms Response time + AMD FreeSync. Keep in mind, that monitor doesn't support G-Sync, if you're an NVidia guy. The Samsung 4K supports AMD's FreeSync. Not that I use any Syncing most of the time anyways, since I really want those extra frames. And at 4K, trust me - you're likely going to need them extra frames; especially depending on what your GPU is; I'm using a 970, BTW.

I also don't know what's acceptable to you, framerate-wise. I'm more lenient on this stuff than probably most PC gamers, as I find it acceptable when I'm achieving over 30FPS. I prefer 60FPS, of course - but given the state of many PC ports of late, it ain't the end of my world if it ain't there; and I have to do some capping in-game or via MSI Afterburner. Some PC games have 30FPS caps or get broken when you force it over 30FPS b/c of how it was coded, anyways (i.e. Dark Souls PTD + NFS Rivals) - so, you might find some games where you're stuck at 30FPS.

If you're one of those that feel "I must have (at least) 60FPS on [insert resolution], no matter what" - well, then I hope you got a beefy system and/or beefy GPU/GPU's for 4K...or 4K ain't going to be for you. Depending on the game, I really don't mind say 30FPS if need be for more resolution + worthwhile eye-candy, as long as it ain't some sort of super-fast twitchy action game. If it's FPS, TPS, racing game, or something where movement's ultra-fast - chances are, I'm going to want aim over 30FPS and want something at least more in the middle of 30-60FPS but really want to be towards 60FPS, if it's even possible. For example, Doom 2016 - too fast and twitchy; I want 60FPS here.

Also, keep in mind - I jumped from 23'' 1080p to 28'' 4K. I didn't do the in-between step of a native 1440p monitor, so....to me, the difference b/t 23'' 1080p and 28'' 4K here is amazing to me. From your 27'' 1440p - I wouldn't be surprised if you're just not as impressed w/ 4K as say I'm impressed with it; I don't know how it'd be for you, so you'd probably have to find out the hard way, if you wanted to really go this route.

I've been throwing Fallout 4 & Mad Max at this 4K monitor w/ my 970 - well, Mad Max at 4K on High (with some tweaks here and there) looks amazing, but I had to cap it around 40FPS w/ MSI Afterburner. It's around 30-40FPS normally. Performance was anywhere from 40-60 frames up + down on the 970, when uncapped. Fallout 4 at High on 4K on 970, looks fantastic (finally looks good now; I thought it looked mediocre at 1080p maxed-out - too much just seemed washed-out to me + not the highest grade of textures) - and I was getting around 25-50 frames, depending on what's going on, on-screen - basically, I dropped it to 1440p for more performance, so that's much better there - when downscaling, just crank up at AA in-game or in NVidia/AMD panel; and throw-up Sharpness setting on the monitor, to knock down the blurring from the down-scale.

WWE 2K16 PC is probably my best performer, around 50-60 FPS at 4K w/ everything maxed except AA being off. Honestly, you don't really need AA at 4K, especially if there ain't much of anything out in the distance going blurry. And TBH, there ain't much in the distance in this game, anyways.

About your Dell TN-panel 1440p w/ 144 Hz - well, depends on how you feel about 4K, since most monitors doing 4K will top-out at 60hz (and you likely will be using DisplayPort to achieve 60hz, too). I think 4K's fantastic just for the extra work-space on the desktop, in Windows Explorer, in web browsers - I just have way more space for everything, compared to my 23'' HP TN-panel. It's like a whole another world to me.

If you're into the "I must have over 60hz Refresh rate in my games", you'd probably want to avoid 4K for now.
Cool console graphics bro

PC Gamer - Deep Silver blames "poor timing" for Homefront: The Revolution's poor sales + reception:

http://www.pcgamer.com/homefront-the-revolution-publisher-blames-timing-on-poor-reception/?utm_content=buffer2789f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

No, Deep Silver should be blaming "poor technical performance" + releasing the game when it wasn't ready. I imagine if they released a decent technically performing game a few months later, gamers who like these type of FPS's would've been all over it.  

While the story+character stuff is serviceable enough for this kind of game (open-world Far Cry 3+4 type of FPS) - the gameplay is addictive; has a few nice twists on that genre of open-world FPS's; and is honestly tons of fun if you like that kind of FPS and is looking for something good to hold you over until true-blue Far Cry 5 comes along.

The game upon release ran like garbage for most and it took a Free Weekend on Steam to show most people, "Look, we fixed our game finally! Go buy it!"

Homefront can become the new Far Cry while Far Cry becomes "Far Cry: Experience Historical Stuff".  Then Assassin's Creed can become about hacking networks in near-future cities and Watch_Dogs can be about fighting space dragons or something.

One popped up on amazon warehouse deals for $196 and I immediately jumped. I currently have a 1440/144hz Dell g sync but at that price I couldn't pass it up.

FWIW I have a 1080 Strix, so while I know I can't max everything on ultra at 60fps I should be able to tweak a few things and get close. If nothing else, I'll have a 4K monitor for the future when things start to advance more. Heck of a price. I think I paid that for my first 27" 1080 IPS monitor just a year ago!

FYI:
Mafia III Deluxe is like $36 on GMG and $32 after coupon. Didn't realize that so will return the copy I ordered from BB when it gets here.
Thanks for the heads up. I was actually going to swing by tonight and pick it up. Just got the DE for the same price as the regular and it includes the season pass!

DRAGON AGE INQUISITION GOTY - £5.00

Master Spoder approved the price so there you have it.
$6.40 USD after PayPal conversion.

And bought.

Edit: And now I can't access my Game account and I didn't get my key. THANKS, BREXIT.

Edit 2: I had to register the account via a different prompt. They also insist on sending you the key instead of showing it to you on their website. Kinda suspicious.

Now to wait the 3-5 business days for them to email ship my code to me, or whatever nonsense they got goin on :)

Dont worry your not alone, that site seems janky as hell. It took like 5min for any sort of email to show up and still havent gotten a paypal notification yet that it was charged

$6.40 USD after PayPal conversion.

And bought.

Edit: And now I can't access my Game account and I didn't get my key. THANKS, BREXIT.

Edit 2: I had to register the account via a different prompt. They also insist on sending you the key instead of showing it to you on their website. Kinda suspicious.
You don't even need to register an account, I didn't have to. I think you might need to to benefit from their rewards stuff though. GAME UK is basically like Gamestop in the UK, couldn't be more legit.

You don't even need to register an account, I didn't have to. I think you might need to to benefit from their rewards stuff though. GAME UK is basically like Gamestop in the UK, couldn't be more legit.
You're comparing it to one of the shadiest retailers in Gringoland. Way to make me feel worse about giving them my payment information!

So did anyone use paypal and already get their order? I still have yet to see them attempt to charge PP and my order is just sitting there

-edit

looks like the site now just redirects all hits back to their black friday page, no way to get to your account anymore

-edit 2

and code showed up, just took 30min

You're comparing it to one of the shadiest retailers in Gringoland. Way to make me feel worse about giving them my payment information!
I have more faith in giving GAME UK my payment info than I do with GamersGate, Nuuvem, D2D, GMG, etc. They're bigger than all of those sites when you consider how many retail stores they have lol. I think they also ship stuff internationally, which is a plus.

I created an account. Just selected international delivery and wrote my address... It doesn't matters, is digital download. I received PayPal and site confirmation by mail. But no code yet. Maybe their site is being hammered

Edit: no PayPal confirmation. It was a confirmation from another purchase. So they don't even charged me yet

EDIT 2: Got my code! :)

They just charged me and sent me my key. Whee.

Paranoid? No, but Gamestop is pretty shady when it comes to game sales and trade-ins. :p
lol what does that have to do with buying a digital download code? Do you seriously believe they'd take your details and do something evil with them?

Sure their trade in values are shit as are most of their prices, but thats hardly a reason to call them "shady".

lol what does that have to do with buying a digital download code? Do you seriously believe they'd take your details and do something evil with them?

Sure their trade in values are shit as are most of their prices, but thats hardly a reason to call them "shady".
I've been to multiple Gamestops in a couple of states, they all seemed pretty shady. Even years back.

Anyway, back on topic - looks like Game is down at the moment, the site is redirecting everyone to their Black Friday landing page. The page says the sale begins at 8 PM UK time, which is in less than 13 minutes.

bread's done
Back