Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
You can get your keys by downloading/starting the Uplay client. My Uplay e-mail address hasn't worked in 4 years so I was worried too, until I figured it out.
It's not there. The e-mail that was sent said CD Key - and this area was completely blank. In Uplay client itself, it doesn't even show that I own the game, let alone the ability to view the key. I ordered Sim City and got it already. I got the key for it in the e-mail and it also shows up in the Uplay client.

Never received an email confirming the order but the keys showed up in my uplay client under Account information > My Games. Can be found in the upper right where your name and icon are. Never knew this.

It's not there. The e-mail that was sent said CD Key - and this area was completely blank. In Uplay client itself, it doesn't even show that I own the game, let alone the ability to view the key. I ordered Sim City and got it already. I got the key for it in the e-mail and it also shows up in the Uplay client.
Sounds like U(got)play'd.

Thanks for the info. That would make a lot of sense actually.

As far as I can tell the only way to view your keys are from the order confirmation email or in the Uplay client when the game shows up (view game details -> show key)
Just got done talking to Ubisoft via Chat.

Ubisoft - "I can tell you right now we are receiving similar reports and in most cases the payment hasn't fully finished processing. In that case I would advise waiting 24 hours and contacting us if the key still isn't there"

Could it just potentially be that you are out of the key for the game currently?

Ubisoft - "No, it would inform us of that. In this case it just appears that our system is being overloaded due to the sale"

So not much you can do but wait really. This was in regards to where my Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor Steam Key was.

I've got nothing showing up in my Uplay account from all my purchases within Uplay program. Had this problem before when I bought Zombi from Uplay before, as well.

Though, the orders are all showing-up under my purchase on Uplay on their webpage/browser in my account.

Go figure.

EDIT:

No keys yet, BTW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like keys might be trickling in here + there.

Lara Croft and Temple of Osirus (base-game) just arrived in my e-mail. 

EDIT:

Season Pass just arrived.

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/282822/final-fantasy-xiv-online-pc-download $19.99 for the bundle 

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/281427/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-pc-download $9.99 for the base game

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/282255/final-fantasy-xiv-heavensward-pc-download standard expansion pack is $9.99  without the base game

I've been playing it for the past 3 days, does have a subscription but all copies come with 30 days free.

The expansion comes out next year, if you own the realm reborn from the humble bundle square enix bundle before then it would be worth grabbing the havensward expansion pack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAobb8_SzHY

If any CAG wants help leveling up I'm willing to help we can form a guild or something. 

Shadow of Mordor confirmation email but no code was in it lol (sleeping dogs came with a code)
I've got e-mails with codes for Sleeping Dogs: Definitive; FIFA 2017; LC And Temple of Osirus base-game + Season Pass.

They also showed-up in UPlay client, too.

Waiting on SimCity: Complete; WRC5 FIA; and State of Decay: YOSE.

I currently have over 2,900 cards sitting in my inventory. I haven't bothered listing anything since just before the Summer sale. This is entirely due to how much of a hassle it has become to list cards. Last time I paid attention to it, you needed to provide a cell phone number so they could text you with an authorization code. And then you needed to approve every last item that you listed by clicking one by one though individual emails for each item. Is it still that much of a hassle six months later?

My wallet funds are starting to get a little low at this point, and I could really use the infusion of funds that selling 2,900+ cards would provide.

On the cell phone app you can click a whole bunch to approve at the same time but I've found if I do a bunch at once it errors out so have to do them like 10 at a time.

I currently have over 2,900 cards sitting in my inventory. I haven't bothered listing anything since just before the Summer sale. This is entirely due to how much of a hassle it has become to list cards. Last time I paid attention to it, you needed to provide a cell phone number so they could text you with an authorization code. And then you needed to approve every last item that you listed by clicking one by one though individual emails for each item. Is it still that much of a hassle six months later?

My wallet funds are starting to get a little low at this point, and I could really use the infusion of funds that selling 2,900+ cards would provide.
Use Steam Inventory Expert for listing them and Steam Desktop Authenticator to approve them automatically. You can also use Archi's Steam Farm, I guess, to idle and auto approve your listings. The guys in chat use that one, I do the former.

Thanks for the suggestions. I forgot to mention the 15 day waiting period for those who don't give their Phone # to steam. Will any of these get me around that? Or am I still gonna have to give GabeN my phone #?
I think Steam Desktop and Archi's both replace the phone authentication step entirely with their programs. And hey, it's not as bad as having to declare your income on Steam 1099's so they can report your transactions to the IRS.

Got State of Decay YOSE -- thanks for pointing that one out. I can't wait to give it a try. 

I had Lara Croft: ToO and the Season Pass in my cart and then dumped it because if LC:ToO sucks then who needs the season pass? 

Couldn't find much else that I even wanted. Felt good to stick it to Ubi, Microsoft, and Steam all at the same time though.

why u do dis, why u won't you level me from 20 to 50.

Did you play any of the havensward stuff yet? I was looking forward to it after I seen the game intro for it.
Just keep on trucking. Can't power level in FF, just assist. Enjoy the ride!

Oh and yes I am capped out in a couple classes in HW. Patiently waiting for the next content patch.

Just keep on trucking. Can't power level in FF, just assist. Enjoy the ride!

Oh and yes I am capped out in a couple classes in HW. Patiently waiting for the next content patch.
The game was unexpectedly great, I typically don't like MMO but FFXIV set the standard for a good mmo for me.

I'm considering rolling out a second character for a tank.

The game was unexpectedly great, I typically don't like MMO but FFXIV set the standard for a good mmo for me.

I'm considering rolling out a second character for a tank.
You can do every class with a single character. I don't recommend making an alt at your level. Just hit level 15 and follow the main story and you will unlock the ability to change classes. I do agree, surprisingly hooked me in beta. I tried quitting a few times, but I have always came back.

Seriously tho, don't try to power thru the content and enjoy your experience. The end-game unfortunately is still trying to flesh itself out.

You can do every class with a single character. I don't recommend making an alt at your level. Just hit level 15 and follow the main story and you will unlock the ability to change classes. I do agree, surprisingly hooked me in beta. I tried quitting a few times, but I have always came back.

Seriously tho, don't try to power thru the content and enjoy your experience. The end-game unfortunately is still trying to flesh itself out.
I was rushing to level 20 skipping the story content during the Steam trial.

Apparently you cannot use the Steam Trial with the square enix version of the code so I had a second chance to replay everything and actually enjoy the story.

The story far better then GW1 and GW2.

I may or may not have bought a game I already own.

Here's a free code

ui6vdx3.jpg

Finished the BF1 campaign. Pretty much outstanding. 6 separate stories, all with their own panache/playstyle. My favorite ended up being the one I disliked the most at first (Friends in High Places) simply because the "tutorial" part reminded me of Flight School from San Andreas. It really picks up pace though and becomes great. The Runner is also a lot of fun. Strong characters and even though none of them are long, its so well done that it doesnt matter. 

Game is gorgeous and its easily best Battlefield campaign ever, so well worth a dive in.

vWaiGMq.jpg

Now you will all see the GRANDEUR that is State of Derpcay.  YOSE is a big improvement over the base game graphics-wise (the base game looks like crap, to be honest) and adds some nice polish to the mechanics.  Dunno if I'd have spent $4 since I've already sunk 300 hours into the non YOSE version.  I suspect it'll hit a Humble eventually since the sequel is coming out next year.

My son is in first grade and most of his friends are into Pokemon.  He knows nothing about it.  I know almost nothing about it.  Where should I start him out in terms of games?  Or maybe start with one of the shows?  Assume that anything he'd play would be either on a HTPC or an Android tablet.

So I guess I just made my own uplay glitch... 

I just got the first 6 Assassins' Creed games on steam for 48 bucks...  The cost on uplay would have been 145 bucks.  (Surely Ubisoft makes more money on each copy sold on uplay directly so why the horrendous sale?

My son is in first grade and most of his friends are into Pokemon. He knows nothing about it. I know almost nothing about it. Where should I start him out in terms of games? Or maybe start with one of the shows? Assume that anything he'd play would be either on a HTPC or an Android tablet.
He should play Hearthstone.

My son is in first grade and most of his friends are into Pokemon. He knows nothing about it. I know almost nothing about it. Where should I start him out in terms of games? Or maybe start with one of the shows? Assume that anything he'd play would be either on a HTPC or an Android tablet.
Pokemon GO or GTFO.

So I guess I just made my own uplay glitch...

I just got the first 6 Assassins' Creed games on steam for 48 bucks... The cost on uplay would have been 145 bucks. (Surely Ubisoft makes more money on each copy sold on uplay directly so why the horrendous sale?
It's not just that. Rainbow Six Siege and Division DLC also go on sale way more on Steam than directly on Uplay.

I was rushing to level 20 skipping the story content during the Steam trial.

Apparently you cannot use the Steam Trial with the square enix version of the code so I had a second chance to replay everything and actually enjoy the story.

The story far better then GW1 and GW2.
FF14 is awesome. I enjoyed my time with it. But I was raiding hardcore up until Heavensward came out and then quit the game without playing the expansion. Somehow we ended up on the LGBT server, my static group all quit, and the endgame raiding guilds were just too snooty to be able to join. All the pugs and reforming groups I tried couldn't handle the difficulty of the final coil of bahamut dungeon. So I had to quit.

I'd love to be playing the game still but it takes full time to remain competitive, like any MMO. FF14 was a blast but it's also absolutely an AZN grindfest MMO. The housing thing when they released it was beyond ridiculous. I was playing the game full time since release and all the good housing properties sold instantly to people that had 100x the cash I had. I should have taken it much more easy, instead of maxing all the classes and farming all the primal equipment for every class, etc.

bread's done
Back