Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
DS1 was free about this time last year. Has been $5 a lot too. That said I wouldn't bet on it being free again. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys think I could run Planet Coaster well enough with

i-5 2500 3.3ghz

Radeon 290x saphhire

and 16 gb of ram

or would my cpu bottleneck too much?
Your cpu won't be a bottleneck for anything really. The 2500 is old but it is still very capable. If you run into a bottleneck it should still be GPU related. I would assume a 290x is plenty capable to run Planet Coaster. Again, kinda old card but it still ranks up there with a modern 480 or 1060.

Your cpu won't be a bottleneck for anything really. The 2500 is old but it is still very capable. If you run into a bottleneck it should still be GPU related. I would assume a 290x is plenty capable to run Planet Coaster. Again, kinda old card but it still ranks up there with a modern 480 or 1060.
Sim games like PC are a different breed. The cpu will bottleneck, but just like a civ game, any cpu becomes the bottleneck no matter how fast

In PC it really depends more on what areas you are focused on. Even on my 6700k+1080 it can be chugging along fine at 100+ fps, but you zoom in on the wrong part of the park where there is alot of action and it has to calculate and display alot of sims, and Ive had it drop down in to the 40's

Yea after looking a bit more PC is apparently very CPU intensive so it might be a bit of an issue. Was watching an overclocked i5 6600k w/ 390 video and he maxed his CPU a couple times. Still seems like it would run fine on a 2500 with 290x. Just not at max settings.

Sim games like PC are a different breed. The cpu will bottleneck, but just like a civ game, any cpu becomes the bottleneck no matter how fast

In PC it really depends more on what areas you are focused on. Even on my 6700k+1080 it can be chugging along fine at 100+ fps, but you zoom in on the wrong part of the park where there is alot of action and it has to calculate and display alot of sims, and Ive had it drop down in to the 40's
These games w/ their crazy performance drops need more options for framerate capping, adaptive resolution, adaptive sync, and all of that stuff. For a game to go wonderfully at 100+ FPS and then you zoom-out & it drops to 40FPS is crazy.

I think more games need varying features like some of the new games do - especially on these weak, basic and/or lazy PC ports. They really need variable framerate cap options in-game (i.e. Adaptive Sync usually switches b/t 30FPS + 60FPS caps in-game on-the-fly, depending on situations + performance - but there should be more options of this type like say an adaptive 45FPS cap/90FPS cap, adaptive 50FPS cap/100FPS cap, 60FPS/120FPS cap, etc etc); dynamic resolution shifts (for when performance tanks at a resolution, it just switches what it needs to for the time-being on-the-fly for the moment, if need be); and other features just to get rid of those crazy rises + drops in performance.

Yea after looking a bit more PC is apparently very CPU intensive so it might be a bit of an issue. Was watching an overclocked i5 6600k w/ 390 video and he maxed his CPU a couple times. Still seems like it would run fine on a 2500 with 290x. Just not at max settings.
Yea it will still run just fine, I wouldnt really worry about it

These games w/ their crazy performance drops need more options for framerate capping, adaptive resolution, adaptive sync, and all of that stuff. For a game to go wonderfully at 100+ FPS and then you zoom-out & it drops to 40FPS is crazy.

I think more games need varying features like some of the new games do - especially on these weak, basic and/or lazy PC ports. They really need variable framerate caps in-game (i.e. Adaptive Sync usually switches b/t 30FPS + 60FPS caps in-game on-the-fly, depending on situations + performance - but there should be more options of this type like say an adaptive 45FPS cap/90FPS cap, adaptive 50FPS cap/100FPS cap, 60FPS/120FPS cap, etc etc); dynamic resolution shifts (for when performance tanks at a resolution, it just switches what it needs to for the time-being on-the-fly for the moment, if need be); and other features just to get rid of those crazy rises + drops in performance.
It happens on any sim game. Hell even simcity4 once you get a substantially large enough city can tax even recent cpu's if your running with the real traffic sim mods. Civ games will always have fps/perf drops once you get sufficiently far enough in to a game during turns. Thats just the nature of the sim game beast, fps caps wont do anything for this, and most gamers are fine with that since its not important, its a sim, your not trying to aim at someone or drive a vehicle. I would find it far more jarring that because I end a turn in a civ that I get a huge graphical shift in quality while my cpu is being taxed 100%, rather than an fps drop or some stutters or waiting

So, with about 18 1/2 hours or so left in the Steam Sale...

How is everyone's Steam Sale Haul coming from Steam and any other 3rd party digital distributors?

And what games + deals do you feel are some Hidden Gems/Great Deals still left on the Steam Sale Table here that you think others should jump on before the Steam Sale ends?

Very short list this year:

100% Orange Juice
3DMark Time Spy upgrade
7,62 High Calibre + 7,62 Hard Life
A Game of Changes
Adventure Time: The Secret Of The Nameless Kingdom
All Guns On Deck
ARCADE GAME SERIES: Ms. PAC-MAN
ARCADE GAMES SERIES 3-in-1 Pack
Arcanum
Babel Rising Retail
Bad Rats Show
Ballistic Protection
BanHammer
Battlerite - 2 x Gold Chest for Beta Testing
Battlerite - Charity 1 for Beta Testing
Betrayal Collection
BitRay2
Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII
Brain In My Head
Braveland Pirate
Broken Bots
Brothers in Arms Pack
Bumper
Bumper Halloween
Caesar 3
Caesar 4
Charlie's Adventure
Claire
Cold Dreams
Cold Fear
Crazy Fun - FootRock
Crusaders of the Lost Idols - Legendary Starter Pack
Crystal Flux for Beta Testing
Cube Runner
Cubotrox
Deep Dungeons of Doom
Deep Rock Galactic for Beta Testing
Dishonored 2 Day 1 Edition
Disney Mega Pack: Wave 2
Doom Classic Complete 2012
Eisenwald: Blood of November
Exteria
F1 2012 (ROW)
F1 2013 (ROW)
F-1 drive
Falling Skies: The Game
Five Nights at Freddy's 2
Flyhunter Origins
FX Unlock ALL Assets DLC Bundle
Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers
Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within
Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned
Ghostbusters: The Videogame
Grim Dawn Alpha
Gun Brothers
Gun Brothers - Original Soundtrack
Heretic/Hexen Pack
Hired Ops
Homefront: The Revolution - Freedom Fighter Bundle
Hoplite
HTML5 Exporter for Clickteam Fusion 2.5
HTR+ Slot Car Simulation
Hyperdevotion Noire
Jagged Alliance Crossfire
Judge Dredd: Countdown Sector 106
Karma. Incarnation 1
King's Quest: The Complete Collection Retail
Knock-knock Steam Store and Retail Key
Krampus
Kuboom DLC
Last Man Standing
Leave Me Alone
LUXIS
Mashed
Massive
Massive - Original Soundtrack
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Midnight Mysteries 3 Retail
Miner Mayhem
MinosMaze - The Minotaur's Labyrinth
Mobile Astro
Mooch
Mount & Blade Full Collection
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 4 Deluxe Edition
Need For Speed Shift 2
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: SHIFT
Need for Speed: Undercover
Neptunia U
Operation KREEP
Petz Catz 2
Petz Horsez2 2
Phantasmagoria
Phantasmagoria 2
Pharaoh + Cleopatra
Planes, Bullets and Vodka
Police Quest - SWAT
Police Quest Collection
Pool Nation FX Full Game Unlocked
Promote pack
Quest for Glory Collection
Raw Data
Rescue Team 1
Rescue Team 2
Rescue Team 3
Rest In Peace
Return to Krondor
Ride to Hell Retribution (Europe)
RoBoRumble
Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Remastered - Green Day Song Pack II
Santa Rockstar: Steam Edition
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Steam Store and Retail Key
Sharf
Shattered Skies Starter Edition
SHOCK TROOPERS
SHOCK TROOPERS 2nd Squad
Shoppy Mart: Steam Edition
Shu
Slash It
Snowball!
Soft Body for Beta Testing
Spriter Pro
Star Realms - Fleets and Fortresses
Star Realms - Full Version
Starship Annihilator
Starship Annihilator - Soundtrack
Steel Invaders
Stranded
Super Duper Flying Genocide 2017
Super LOH
Surviving Indie
Tales Across Time
Tales of Symphonia
The Deed: Dynasty
The Last Error
The Legions of Rome
The Little Acre for Beta Testing
The Magical Silence
The Talos Principle - Bonus Content
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
Thunder Wolves Retail
Total Annihilation
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
TRANSFORMERS: Rise of the Dark Spark Bundle
Transformers: War for Cybertron
Trials Fusion - The Awesome MAX Edition
Trials of the Blood Dragon
Triblaster
Typefighters
WAR CUBE
Vengeance
XO-Planets
Young Justice: Legacy
Zeus + Poseidon

How is everyone's Steam Sale Haul coming from Steam and any other 3rd party digital distributors?

And what games + deals do you feel are some Hidden Gems/Great Deals still left on the Steam Sale Table here that you think others should jump on before the Steam Sale ends?
If you're a gamebook-type person, maybe this. I'll have to pony up the $2.50 for that Judge Dredd game personally, as I'm a sucker for adding Tin Man Games to my library, if not actually playing them.

Willing to trade Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen for any decent game.  I like RPGs and roguelikes.  Let me know :) thanks

My haul (Im leaving out the bundle fodder and card grabs)

Steam:

SportsBar VR
8bit invaders
SoundStage
Audioshield
Habitat
Elder Sign: Omens
Kerbal Space Program
Space Bit Attack
Beyond Sol
Poly Towns
Summer Sale
Pierhead Arcade
Earth Space Colonies
Thumper

The Haunted: Hells Reach
Elite vs. Freedom
KNIGHTS
ORBITAL
PAC-MAN 256
Dead Island: Retro Revenge
Deadlight Directors Cut
Homefront: The Revolution
Mighty No. 9 - Release
Oh...Sir!! The Insult Simulator
Cloudlands vr minigolf
Ethan carter VR dlc
Final approach
Golf Club VR
Cosmic Trip
Completed my star wars pack
Space hulk ascension dlc completion
Starbound

Oculus Home:

Super Kaiju (to get the free ripcoil game)

ripcoil

Oculus touch freebies - medium, quill, dead and buried

bombsquad

space pirate trainer

The Climb

Eve Valkyrie

Superhot VR

So far, I've picked up the Trials games on the glitch, the Judge Dredd game Warreni mentioned, Momodora: Reviere Under the Moonlight, Pony Island, the Unreal Deal Pack, along with a bunch of "complete the bundle" games where I could pick stuff up for 0.25-30 cents for the +1s and cards. (+25 meh bundle-trash tier stuff).

Off Steam, I picked up Megatagmesion Blanc + Neptune vs Zombies off Amazon's Digital Day, a pile of Indie Gala bundles on HH or when they were half off, and then the Bundle Stars Born 2 Race bundle. 

In physical games, I picked up Wasteland 2 at a local gamestop for $5. (So keys for Wasteland 2, Wasteland 2: Directors cut and Wasteland).

Thus far, the only one I've bothered to install and play is Pony Island. 
I very much enjoyed it, and it was completely worth both the time to play it and the $1.64 it's on sale for. 

Wish I could have gotten Neptunia Zombies -.-

So Far:

Trials Fusion

Rainbow Six Siege

Dead by Daylight 80s DLC

3DMark

Just Cause 3 Air Sea Land whatever

Save Jesus (jifted)

Bad Ratatouille (jifted)

Slavtaxerror (jifted)

Have $8 more in gabenbuku

Bought

Dinosaur Forest

Just Cause 3: LS&A Pack

Abzu

Dead Rising 3

Dead By Daylight 80's Suitcase, Bloodstained Sack DLCs

I Am Weapon + DLC

Gifts

$1 Ride

Genital Jousting

Bad Rats Show

Roundabout

Boring sale.  Grats to all you who managed to find 50 games to overspend on.  Spent a couple GabeNbux buying people Slavistan just because it was cheap, terrible and unbundled.  So look for it in the next Groupees.

Only got the Guns'N'Zombies/I Am Weapon pack.  A couple other things that had decent prices but are probably going to be bundled eventually.  I'd just as soon save Steam bucks for a Warband 2 preorder.

Bought:

Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Concrete Jungle

Windward

Dinosaur Forest

Melody's Escape

Wolf Pack

Pony Island

Room 2

Rampage Knights

Arcade 3 in 1

Orwell

Broken Sword 4

Dead By Daylight - 80s Suitcase DLC

Gifts:

Save Jesus/Way Out bundle

Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster

Slayaway Camp

Cubixxx HD

Master Spy

Bad Rats Show

Genital Jousting

$1 Ride

Dead By Daylight - Bloodstained Sack DLC

Good gifts. Meh sale. My purchases were largely for the hell of it purchases. 

I forgot about the I Am Weapon pack.  Really, I bought some DLC, a couple trash games just because and a couple games I had middling interest in because there was nothing else to spend all my GabeNBux on.

Xanadu Next

Earthlock

I can't Escape: Darkness

Moekuri: Adorable + Tactical SRPG

Radiation Island

Most restraint I have shown during a Steam sale in a long time. I still have a bit o wallet cash, so may add one or two cheap titles before it's officially over.

If anyone is trying to get a Steam Awards foil badge I have a #6 card you can have.  PM me if you want it.  I don't use mobile authentication so it will take 24 hours for trade unless there is some other way to give cards away?

Logged into Marvel Heroes finally, got Iceman. 

As for haul, so far:

Orwell --- Highly recommend if you like adventure games and aren't adverse to reading. Took me maybe 5-6 hours to beat, probably take at least 10 to 100% it. 

Kerbal Space Program --- Right enough price finally, don't think have to say too much else about it. 

The Masterplan --- Sounds better then it is, at least so far. Still fun though, and a decent heist game at a good price (if you missed the bundle)

The Deed --- Haven't played it, it was cheap and sounded okay. 

Football Manager 2017 ---- Match engine doesn't suck like 2016, still has some issues but at least it isn't a game of far post crosses. Not much else has changed, so up to you if it's worth the price. 

Super Mega Baseball

Bundle Fodder Bundle (A Bundle of Bundles) --- Apparently Steam search works soooooo well, looking up the name of the bundle doesn't even find it. 10/10 Steam. 

The Detail Season One --- Just to get Episode 3 slightly cheaper, now I have all of em I can finally finish it. 

Still deciding on what else I'm going to get. Right now thinking about:

The Witcher 3

Remember Me

The Long Dark

Concrete Jungle

FarCry 3

Pinball FX2 DLCs

Really thinking about plopping down cash on W3, even though I already have a big backlog to work through or games to finish (like Fallout 4). Might hold off on TLD in hopes it gets bundled. Concrete Jungle I'll probably pick up, and FarCry 3 is likely since I can get it for free on Amazon (with Bing Credits). 

Dark souls 1 good enough to buy at 40$ off, $10.99? Got the rest of them. Prince of Persia (2008) 50% off at 4.99 le good?
DS1 is more than good enough to spend 11 bucks on in terms of quality, but it's a waste of money in terms of quality of the deal. Use a little patience and it'll probably be like 7 bucks or something next sale.

My "haul:"

The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human

Lisa

The Witcher 1

Life Is Strange

Icewind Dale EE

was also gifted Just Cause 3

also bought Malebologia but refunded after playing for like 10 minutes because it's complete trash, as well as Lovely Planet but refunded because it's mediocre and will be bundled again eventually anyway. Debating making a bigger purchase prior to the end of the sale, either Witcher 3 complete, Doom, or Far Cry 4 probably.

My sister gave me a $20 giftcard, so I bought Mighty Switch Force and Enter The Gungeon to support my favorite developer and publisher

Also bought Ducktales cause I gave up hope on it ever becoming $2.50

That's my steam sale so far. Thinking of getting an Ys game

Honestly not sure if I'll buy anything this Steam sale. I did manage to likely remove maybe 200-300 wishlist items though.

I'm currently eyeing the Devil on G String....that's about it. Most of the other things I want have a terrible discount and are generally more expensive.

Dark Souls 1 seems to get more expensive during each sale.
COXNK4R.png

i haven't been here long but thankful for this community. So happy new year & may your price glitches be bountiful this year.

Dark Souls 1 seems to get more expensive during each sale.
Seems like allot of Ubisoft titles seem to be the same way anymore also... I don't think its the whole "don't want to do a big discount over the whole time frame thing" as much as they found the sweet spot on the bell curve in regards to prices, sales, and max profits.

Truth be told... Not so well.

I got the soon to be delisted Judge Dredd game and Transformers: Dark Spark as I suspect it might be delisted games as I like the IPs and figured I would rather have them and not have them. I can honestly recommend War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron as they are truly awesome titles and if those two get delisted it will be a sad day. (I also own Devastation but haven't played it. I hear good things about it too.)

I think I might toss 20 bucks at a few things but I suspect its stuff that everyone already owns.

Also not sure why, since I've hardly invested any time in it, but I'm tempted by Vermintide DLC

There's this Fat Shark bundle that will get people with the Humble Bundle game and DLC two other DLCs and a few other things cheaper than buying the included Vermintide DLC by itself.

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1206/ (I guess you need Lead & Gold and Bloodsports.tv also but who doesn't have those?)

My Window 10 boot got screw up, so I lost all my installed games for the second time going into the new year.
At least I had a window 10 usb drive sitting around to do a clean install.

6nwcg4b.png

Anything worth buying that I don't have on this List? I got $40 Steam Wallet and I'm not sure if I missed any must have games.

My Window 10 boot got screw up, so I lost all my installed games for the second time going into the new year.

6nwcg4b.png

Anything worth buying that I don't have on this List? I got $40 Steam Wallet and I'm not sure if I missed any must have games.
Nope, those are the only two games worth buying.

Also not sure why, since I've hardly invested any time in it, but I'm tempted by Vermintide DLC

There's this Fat Shark bundle that will get people with the Humble Bundle game and DLC two other DLCs and a few other things cheaper than buying the included Vermintide DLC by itself.

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1206/ (I guess you need Lead & Gold and Bloodsports.tv also but who doesn't have those?)
For FatShark stuff:

I'm missing the Hamilton stuff, which I don't care much about.

For Verrmintide, I'm missing the CE Content + Drachenfels DLC.

For those who've played Drachenfels, how is it? And do a lot of players actually have this DLC?

Official haul:

Laundered card money:

Judge Dredd: Countdown Sector 106

Age of Empires II HD The African Kingdoms + The Rise of the Rajas

Key store purchases:

Dead Rising 2

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Bundle keys:

Guacamelee STCE

Two Digits

Multimirror

Hue

Karma, Incarnation 1

Small Radios Big Televisions

CAG key drops:

Data Hacker: Reboot

Fahrenheit: Indigo Remastered

Trades:

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XII

Amazon:

Warhammer End Times: Vermintide Physical Edition

Cheaplikeafox must die:

Bad Rats Show

If you enjoy Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, get the Afterbirth DLC too while it is on sale.  It adds a LOT to the game.  

As always I recommend Risk of Rain to anybody who does not have it and does not mind challenging games. 

I'm debating on picking up SFV although I know I should not.  

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Victor Vran is available in 2 and 4 packs, the 4 packs are 15 bucks, so if you can get a few other people to throw in it's 3.75 a copy

That's my steam sale so far. Thinking of getting an Ys game
Not sure which (if any) of the Ys games you've played, but they're all pretty fantastic for the most part. Even I + II with their wacky bump combat. Just a word of advice re: Ark of Napishtim: Even though it released on Steam after Oath in Felghana and Origin, it's the older game in the series and some of the gameplay mechanics show it. Feels a little bit dated and a lot more grind-y compared to the other two. Still a fine game, but if you're going to play it at all, it would probably be more enjoyable tackling it before the superior sequels.

I was going to skip on Afterbirth and just grab the Antibirth mod so I can add more games to my list.
Not a bad idea at all. Afterbirth is a terrific DLC (and I'm sure AB+ will be as well) but Antibirth is so damn brilliantly designed that you forget it's a fan-made mod and not a professionally-made expansion. Rebirth + Antibirth will be more than enough to keep you busy for a long time.

Not sure which (if any) of the Ys games you've played, but they're all pretty fantastic for the most part. Even I + II with their wacky bump combat. Just a word of advice re: Ark of Napishtim: Even though it released on Steam after Oath in Felghana and Origin, it's the older game in the series and some of the gameplay mechanics show it. Feels a little bit dated and a lot more grind-y compared to the other two. Still a fine game, but if you're going to play it at all, it would probably be more enjoyable tackling it before the superior sequels.
Thanks for the tips.

Never played any, just a good feeling I'll enjoy one.

Sounds like someone's cruising for a Bad Rats Show. . . .

Official haul:

Bundle keys:
Guacamelee STCE
Two Digits
Multimirror
Hue
Karma, Incarnation 1
Small Radios Big Televisions
Yeah, that Yogscast thing was a trainwreck, huh? Glad I skipped it.

I went to the xbox thread and everyone was bitching about Rousey fight spoilers.

I like our thread.
I had to laugh when I saw that that fight lasted something like 48 seconds and people paid $50 to watch it. Ah, schadenfreude.

For those who stated that The Witcher 3 is on their maybe list, I heartily recommend it. I've put over 150 hours into it, which surpasses my Skyrim time, and I'm only probably about 30% of the way through Blood and Wine. The GOTY is well worth $30 (I paid $18 for the base game shortly before it came out [back when Russian trading was still a thing]).

I didn't buy anything this sale and probably won't at this point.  Missed most of the votes and cards this last week, but I was gifted the following:

Rampage Knights

House of Caravan

Pregnancy

Slavistan

Save Jesus

Genital Jousting

Booster Trooper

$1 Ride

BAD RATS SHOW

Thanks everyone for the gifts!

bread's done